Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Is Carat better on my DAthena team than the egg dragon things? (PAD says Diana). Diana gives more damage than Carat, but Carat's active is for two turns. I currently have Carat on my Loki, and Diana on my DAthena.

What's the general consensus on the egg dragons anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

cryptoclastic posted:

Is Carat better on my DAthena team than the egg dragon things? (PAD says Diana). Diana gives more damage than Carat, but Carat's active is for two turns. I currently have Carat on my Loki, and Diana on my DAthena.

I think the general consensus is that the two turn gemstone buff is better than the bigger one turn egg dragon buff, since there isn't really anything the gemstone buff is insufficient for at the moment and having the buff up for two turns opens a lot of options (e.g. popping the buff the floor before you're hit by a big skill delay preemptive). Egg dragons are a nice stat boost though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cryptoclastic posted:

Jewels let you slam a radar dragon and then jam a Kali.

e: The monster hunter mons are weird, here is nargacuga, for all your old-school okuni needs.

quote:

AS - Change second column from the left to dark. Haste 1.

LS - Fixed 4 sec matching. 6 combo ATK x6. Dragon type ATK/RCV x2.5.

10 STONES!

But maybe you get to wear them?

e2: vvv Yeah, that dude will never be lacking trumpets vvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 27, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Awoken Archangels lose all of their tankiness in exchange for being HP-conditional glass cannons. That is weird as hell. 1/196/1, but you have to be above 80% HP and matching two heart combos.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Siegfried still cucked forever

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

17 reincarnated maxed. 6 to go.
Please send help

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Fluffy posted:

It looks like you're talking about puzzcombo.

So again, what makes you think they'd discontinue support for it? Short of Gungho asking/suing them to do so and the developer complying they have no reason to do so and pulling an app from the play store isn't going to make people who downloaded the app suddenly stop using it either.
It's still in the US Google Play store, FWIW.

Along, apparently, with several similar apps?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Woot Athena on 1/5

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Does anyone have a extra starter account that I can have? I have rerolled a lot and have never gotten something that seems good. Please PM me if any one does.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What the heck is this care package dungeon we're getting May 1st, 1 free tamadra and 1 stone every day, for the entire month?

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
So awoken uriel retains healer type and gets 7 combo awakening. So there is thought to keep subs for Xiang Mei.

Honestly what has to be done for Gungho to trick convince people to go back or invest in her? Infinite scaling e.g. every heart combo gives 1.5x multiplier or what? What are the flaws she has in the japanese meta besides being dull as sin?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

change my name posted:

What the heck is this care package dungeon we're getting May 1st, 1 free tamadra and 1 stone every day, for the entire month?

Those should be the 5,555MP/day gifts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's on Facebook now:

quote:

Get Daily Magic Stones, Monster Points, and More!
PUZZLE & DRAGONS (NORTH AMERICA) - GUNGHO·THURSDAY, APRIL 27, 2017
[Starting]: 5/1 (Mon)
The fourth iteration of the Extreme Event Rush arrives soon! This time around players will be able to get Monster Points, Coins, and Magic Stones every day! The fun doesn’t stop there! Select Limited Time Dungeons featuring rare dragons will also be available every day. See below for more details. In addition, the Godfest Exclusive Heroine series will receive evolutions.

See here for more information on the Extreme Event Rush.
Overflowing Care Package Dungeon

[Duration]: 5/1 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 5/31 (Wed), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)
Starting 5/1 (Mon), the Overflowing Care Package dungeon will appear every day for one month! Clearing this dungeon will reward players with a TAMADRA, a first time clear Magic Stone, and 555,555 Coins. To top it all off, 5,555 Monster Points will be sent through in-game mail for clearing this dungeon!
Be sure to log in every day and reap the rewards.
*The Overflowing Care Package dungeon will be available each day between 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (UTC-8).
Coin Dungeons Cost 5 Coins

[Duration]: 5/1 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 5/31 (Wed), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)
During the duration listed above all Coin Dungeons will cost 5 Coins each! Take this chance to challenge Coin Dungeons.
*Coin Dungeons will be unavailable from 4/30 (Sun), 11:00 PM - 11:59 PM (UTC-8)
Daily Select Limited Time Dungeons

[Duration]: 5/1 (Mon) - 5/31 (Wed), UTC-8
During the Extreme Event Rush IV, dungeons like Zeus Dragon Descended! will appear every day as Limited Time Dungeons. Take this chance to collect these rare monsters!
*Limited Time Dungeons do not appear on a set schedule.
Notes:
*The dungeon rewards screen must appear for the Overflowing Care Package dungeon to be counted as cleared.
*Each Overflowing Care Package dungeon must be cleared within 24 hours of its end time. If the dungeon is cleared after 24 hours of its end time, the reward cannot be received.
*The reward is sent via in-game mail to the [Friend] menu’s Mail/Friend Invites screen.
*After completing a dungeon, it may take some time before the reward is received.
*Gifts via in-game mail have expiration dates. When an in-game mail expires, attached monsters, Magic Stones, Dungeons, Coins and Pal Points will become unredeemable.
For more details on in-game mail expiration dates, see here: https://bit.ly/2bNvPHQ

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That is some pretty cool stuff!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I just need a Zeus Dragon and a Dark Golem Mk3 to complete super chicken on my alt. I might have to eat a stone or two on my alt, but it will be worth it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wow, 5 coins for coin dungeons is pretty rad, too.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
The mp gifts will make it so that I don't have to sell stuff from my box for dathena, just won't be able to get her immediately. Which is fine, there isn't any content that I just have to clear come may 1st.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Think of it as some time to wait and see if JP comes up with some new MP hotness you should be saving up for instead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now that we have a date, is the NA release of DAthena consistent with the release of the RaDra evo? I remember that one taking a while to get to us as well.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

pankus posted:

The mp gifts will make it so that I don't have to sell stuff from my box for dathena, just won't be able to get her immediately. Which is fine, there isn't any content that I just have to clear come may 1st.

Same here, add me in advance if any of you want a Dathena friend: 380,182,244

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

Drashin posted:

Does anyone have a extra starter account that I can have? I have rerolled a lot and have never gotten something that seems good. Please PM me if any one does.

There are a couple people here with good starter accounts and I was planning on rolling some more this next godfest, so if you don't have one by then - i'll also check when I get home to see what I have kicking around.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

randoark posted:

There are a couple people here with good starter accounts and I was planning on rolling some more this next godfest, so if you don't have one by then - i'll also check when I get home to see what I have kicking around.

I already took care of it for him. :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
gently caress it, I'm going to have 750k+ MP just from giveaways so I think I'll bite the bullet and get D.Athena and just run her with something like Sima Yi, R.Loki, R.Persephone, and maybe a 2nd R.Persephone or whatever and inherit Indra, Exa-Hydra, and... something (collab haku, shinji, blonia?) on to the units.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Those should be the 5,555MP/day gifts
Bwetween 5555mp a day for a month and the MP from the anniversary that's basically a free pair of MP dragons (or D.Athena) for anyone who has been playing for that period.

All coin dungeons costing only 5 coins is insane. Does that mean we can run things like Extreme Metal King and Tama village for only 5 coins during this event? :psyduck:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

All coin dungeons costing only 5 coins is insane. Does that mean we can run things like Extreme Metal King and Tama village for only 5 coins during this event? :psyduck:

Yes it does. This is a great way to get those coin dungeon stones as well as wisely use stam.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Awoken Uriel is kind of super disappointing. His active is arguably worse than uuevo Uriel's, and he doesn't even lose cd to compensate.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Awoken Uriel is kind of super disappointing. His active is arguably worse than uuevo Uriel's, and he doesn't even lose cd to compensate.

Eh, 7 combo awakening means his damage potential is way higher. Still, he does not have very many homes to live on.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

WCL posted:

So awoken uriel retains healer type and gets 7 combo awakening. So there is thought to keep subs for Xiang Mei.

Honestly what has to be done for Gungho to trick convince people to go back or invest in her? Infinite scaling e.g. every heart combo gives 1.5x multiplier or what? What are the flaws she has in the japanese meta besides being dull as sin?

XM just doesn't have anywhere near enough power to compete in the meta these days. She would have to get a substantial power boost to her leader skill in order to be top-tier again. She's still a good leader that can beat most Descendeds and Arena 1, but she can't put out anywhere near the amount of damage that leaders like DAthena, Meliodas, and RaDra can. I mean, my Meliodas team puts out 50 million+ damage with a single Haku activation, with each Meliodas doing 10 million+ damage each (I don't even need to bring a laser for Predras anymore). And if the latest round of JP challenge dungeons are any indication, doing insane damage is going to be a requirement for a lot of the new content.

I bought 3 XMs when she first came out and it was a lot of fun while it lasted, but I haven't even considered using that team for anything in several months. The team could still clear a lot of the current NA content, but I can do the same stuff faster with Aizen or RaDra.

Zeta fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 27, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zeta posted:

XM just doesn't have anywhere near enough power to compete in the meta these days. She would have to get a substantial power boost to her leader skill in order to be top-tier again.

Either Expand her sub pool to all fire cards or give her like Healers HP x2, Attack x2.5 and have her start scaling at 3.5.

4/156.25/1 leader.

A XM/XM/Gadius/Uriel/Uriel/XM team would have around 100k health and 8.5k recovery with the 25% recovery badge.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kuros posted:

Yes it does. This is a great way to get those coin dungeon stones as well as wisely use stam.

5 coin cost Tama village will be a nice way to awaken all the units I'm leveling and evolving via the 0stam LE farming then.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

4x Great/Super tomorrow, thank you god

Revo Haku is best for DAthena right?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Adolf Glitter posted:

4x Great/Super tomorrow, thank you god

Plus Enhance Carnival, halle-fuckin-lujah

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Enhance Carnival feels like it means jack all in free Legendary Earth land

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Enhance Carnival feels like it means jack all in free Legendary Earth land

I'll pull just so I don't waste PAL points. Otherwise bring back special PEM with +eggs!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

These 7 combo awakenings are bonkers. Revo Leilan is doing 15 million, next to her awoken version doing like 4 or 5.

Set has 2 of these, how does that work? Suppose I should make one and see eh

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Adolf Glitter posted:

These 7 combo awakenings are bonkers. Revo Leilan is doing 15 million, next to her awoken version doing like 4 or 5.

Set has 2 of these, how does that work? Suppose I should make one and see eh

4x damage I believe.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Kuros posted:

I'll pull just so I don't waste PAL points. Otherwise bring back special PEM with +eggs!

Literally the only reason PAL should still exist imo

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So during this 0 stam period is there a good normal dungeon to reliably run for dub-lits or maybe keepers? Running low on evo mats.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Literally the only reason PAL should still exist imo

For people who have been playing a while, here's how it goes:

Rare PEM - Pull so you don't waste PAL Points
Evo PEM - Pull so you don't waste PAL Points
Enhance PEM - If you need a ton of exp and +egg isn't coming anytime soon, pull all pulls. Otherwise pull to not waste PAL points.
+Egg PEM - Pull all points and saved PAL emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I waste so many pal points because I don't care about wasting pal points

spent all my stones over the event chasing facet and didn't get a single jewel princess (or legendary hero) at all in the process, rip the dream. I could maybe put together one more roll per account today with coin dungeons but I give up. at least my rolls got me ganesha on both accounts