Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one without an encyclopaedic knowledge of videogames (99% of people) is going to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The biggest lol is that quote is from the Daily Star's website, a 'newspaper' that thinks what happens in I'm A Celebrity is front page news.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Looper posted:

what if humans were all run as corporations masquerading as feelings

What if, and get this, people worked on things they were passionate about, and not just Metal Gear Pachinko Edition

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

The biggest lol is that quote is from the Daily Star's website, a 'newspaper' that thinks what happens in I'm A Celebrity is front page news.

Yeah I only trust gaming review quotes from the reputable news establishments

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mak0rz posted:

On to Blood. A game that's also enraging, but for a different reason! :haw:

the reason is that there's a bug that basically switches the difficulty to max if you load a saved game, regardless of what you started on

The Blood save game bug just inverts your difficulty settings. So if you start on the hardest (Extra Crispy) then load a game, it sets the difficulty to the easiest (Still Kicking) then vice versa. It resets on initial level load I believe. The best thing to do is just play the middle difficulty (Lightly Broiled) then you won't have any issues.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah I only trust gaming review quotes from the reputable news establishments

I have nothing riding on this and no money has been paid to me so you can trust me when I say that I have been paying zero attention to Prey and can't speak for its quality in the slightest.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Prey is 'da bomb'" - Something Awful Forums Poster Bloodychill

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Finally getting around to playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

This...this game isn't very good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the enraging part of blood is how that bug will never be fixed because nobody is legally allowed to make a source port with the original code, which means nobody will probably ever bother

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Finally getting around to playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

This...this game isn't very good.

Did you enjoy Human Revolution?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Did you enjoy Human Revolution?

I did, but more in the sense that I could overlook a lot of the rough edges because I liked the story they tried to tell and had fun with the combat environments more often than not.

MD is just a clusterfuck that feels like it could have used another 6 months of polish. Also the Batman vision is stupid and I hate it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wamdoodle posted:

The Blood save game bug just inverts your difficulty settings. So if you start on the hardest (Extra Crispy) then load a game, it sets the difficulty to the easiest (Still Kicking) then vice versa. It resets on initial level load I believe.

Well, kinda. What actually changes is just how much damage you receive from enemies. All the other difficulty flags (such as enemy placement) aren't affected by the bug as far as I know. So while I can exploit this to get Still Kicking damage levels, I'll still have to deal with the Extra Crispy problem of levels being completely full of those machinegunning cultists.

Wamdoodle posted:

The best thing to do is just play the middle difficulty (Lightly Broiled) then you won't have any issues.

Blood is hard on that difficulty though :blush:. I'm just going through on Still Kicking and not quicksaving. Working okay so far, but I might have to rethink things when the maps get tougher/longer.

The Colonel posted:

the enraging part of blood is how that bug will never be fixed because nobody is legally allowed to make a source port with the original code, which means nobody will probably ever bother

This is the real tragedy here. But don't worry, we'll have the bleeding edge BloodXL reverse engineered source port by 2027 or so!

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 27, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I like Prey 2's half an hour of gameplay video they released although it has this problem that many modern FPS games have that there's this long walking sequence at the start with little ammount of interaction for the sake of 'immersion'.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Human Revolution made me wanna play Shadowrun or a real stealth game or a real FPS, that's pretty much the most enjoyment I got out of it. I can't believe they made stealth takedowns cost you energy bars that never naturally recover past 2.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dishonored 2 kicked you right into the gameplay and people complained so

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Human Revolution made me wanna play Shadowrun or a real stealth game or a real FPS, that's pretty much the most enjoyment I got out of it. I can't believe they made stealth takedowns cost you energy bars that never naturally recover past 2.

Human Revolution made me want a Deus Ex buddy cop movie with JC and Pritchard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Human Revolution made me want a Deus Ex buddy cop movie with JC and Pritchard.

As long as they keep the goddamn illuminati out of it, I'd watch it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i found a copy of the pokemon dppt soundtrack, my treasure hunt is finished

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Should I go get some mcdonald's or make something in the kitchen.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mak0rz posted:

Well, kinda. What actually changes is just how much damage you receive from enemies. All the other difficulty flags (such as enemy placement) aren't affected by the bug as far as I know. So while I can exploit this to get Still Kicking damage levels, I'll still have to deal with the Extra Crispy problem of levels being completely full of those machinegunning cultists.

Blood is hard on that difficulty though :blush:. I'm just going through on Still Kicking and not quicksaving. Working okay so far, but I might have to rethink things when the maps get tougher/longer.

This is the real tragedy here. But don't worry, we'll have the bleeding edge BloodXL reverse engineered source port by 2027 or so!

Ah, I stand corrected.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Make something in the kitchen. Go outside and try to eat the nearest car wheel if you want the McDonald's experience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

Ian Bogost has things to say about this as well
https://twitter.com/ibogost/status/857223418168700929

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

GUI posted:

Make something in the kitchen. Go outside and try to eat the nearest car wheel if you want the McDonald's experience.

That isn't helpful.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Kitchen.

I'm making a stew for dinner and a cake for my daughter's playgroup tomorrow. Cooking is fun.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

bloodychill posted:

I loved Inside Out. So much. The post credit scene with the cat, I laughed so hard...

Working on the game for this is so far one of the highest points of my career. It was just super fun to live inside Riley's head for half a year.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Artisan grilled chickens :smith:

mutata posted:

Working on the game for this is so far one of the highest points of my career. It was just super fun to live inside Riley's head for half a year.

I'm green with envy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Palpek posted:

I like Prey 2's half an hour of gameplay video they released although it has this problem that many modern FPS games have that there's this long walking sequence at the start with little ammount of interaction for the sake of 'immersion'.

Blame Half-Life

Lurdiak posted:

That was such a good game that so clearly needed like, several more months of testing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like activated almonds with my aloe crystal low carb no fat water smoothies.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
:nws: Conan Exile gets lots of new dancing animations :nws:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ian Bogost has things to say about this as well
https://twitter.com/ibogost/status/857223418168700929

The maple bacon dijon is pretty good, I had that the other day.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Bogost's dumb piece about games and characters led me to a much funnier article about very revealing conversations players were having about 'solving the homeless problem' in Simcity 2013. I didn't know that game even simulated homelessness.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Bones posted:

Bogost's dumb piece about games and characters led me to a much funnier article about very revealing conversations players were having about 'solving the homeless problem' in Simcity 2013. I didn't know that game even simulated homelessness.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

The maple bacon dijon is pretty good, I had that the other day.

The create your own burgers are suprisingly good overall

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FAK you're scaring me.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
So Vivendi is supposedly moving to be more aggressive with it's takeover of Ubisoft this year.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-vivendi-agm-strategy-idUSKBN17R0IO

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The sensible folk in this thread were outvoted by my friends. I saw some bunny rabbits on the way to the McD's. :3:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

FAK you're scaring me.

Sorry. I didn't mean to. What'd I do?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never gone to eat at McDonald's and left happy with my self and my being.

I think it's the tossing the cardboard and plastic into the garbage can at the end. I think it's a stark reminder of the unsustainability of this system we were born into.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My dad likes McDonald's so I have only eaten there in the past decade when I'm visiting him. I have always ordered the same things every time, if it's breakfast it's an Egg McMuffin combo with coffee, if it's not, 10 piece nugget combo with coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's the food at Mcdonald's that makes you feel like poo poo. It's all garbage, the only things that give it taste are the sauces. I'd rather go to a legit burger place where they get fresh meat every day and the vegetables haven't been sitting in the freezer for 6 months.

• Locked thread