Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Palpek posted:

It's the food at Mcdonald's that makes you feel like poo poo. It's all garbage, the only things that give it taste are the sauces. I'd rather go to a legit burger place where they get fresh meat every day and the vegetables haven't been sitting in the freezer for 6 months.
Alternatively, make your own McDonalds, except gooder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Palpek posted:

It's the food at Mcdonald's that makes you feel like poo poo. It's all garbage, the only things that give it taste are the sauces.

There's also the cheese

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

I've never gone to eat at McDonald's and left happy with my self and my being.

i have, japanese mcdonalds did this "texas burger" back in oct with like crispy bacon and cheddar and maui onions w barbecue sauce and it was sooooo good

but idk what im talking about, i got kebab takeout for dinner tonight

the only junk thing about japanese mcdonalds is how hard it is to get them to just let you buy only the dipping sauce without those disgusting mcnuggets (makku does this other chicken thing that's actual meat, p good stuff). once, i actually managed to convince them it was a thing and they charged me the correct extra 30 cents for it.

except they got confused in the bagging process and gave me free nuggets. so gross

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 27, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I've been using a home-made Big Mac sauce for a while and it's great with a real burg.

Wandle Cax posted:

There's also the cheese
Yeah but their cheese is one of the worst things in existence. At least their cardboard buns are neutral in taste.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

It's the food at Mcdonald's that makes you feel like poo poo. It's all garbage, the only things that give it taste are the sauces. I'd rather go to a legit burger place where they get fresh meat every day and the vegetables haven't been sitting in the freezer for 6 months.

If that was an option at 3 in the morning in this town I'd never go to mcdonald's.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
My "Metal Gear Pachinko" monitor flagged me, what's going on?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

All this fancy burger stuff and honestly.

The best cheeseburgers in existence are the ones you cook for yourself and put blue cheese on, this is law.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Blue cheese, edible rot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Blue cheese, edible rot.

Blue cheese, the best cheese

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I will not argue what the best burg is. But McDonald's is Mordor food and it's probably what Romans would eat in that period when they were getting brain damage from lead pipes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also this is as good of a place as any to ask this - what SA threads do you guys follow nowadays? It can be any subforum, I'm just in need of some cool threads.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doggos thread

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have tasted many burgers in all my years all over the world. (I used to be important and go on many overseas trips) and in all my time only one burger has ever made me stop and go :aaaa:

It sounds ridiculous to say where it was and judging from the google reviews I was very, very lucky that day, but it was the juiciest and most crumbly meat I've ever savoured. Nothing has ever come close to that burger. I've accepted that that day was when I sampled the best burger I'd ever eat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Blue cheese, edible rot.

That's all cheese.

Palpek posted:

Also this is as good of a place as any to ask this - what SA threads do you guys follow nowadays? It can be any subforum, I'm just in need of some cool threads.

The Newspaper Spider-man thread in BSS is really good. Not only do we read the weirdest comic ever, there are some amazing edits.

E:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 27, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

Cute thread. A soul-warming place!

Roguelikes thread. The chillest thread in games, informative, funny, fun to follow. Helps that I like to play roguelikes, too.

TBB Book rec thread. It's interesting to see what goons want to read / are recced to read, and sometimes I toss my own ideas in there.

I also follow specific games threads, LP threads, and book threads amongst other things, but those are three threads I'd rec to anyone who's in need of interesting threads to read.

e: Bonus the latest military history thread. Always a good place to learn about why humans fight each other, along with other weird/neat things.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 27, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Smart Dreck posted:

I have tasted many burgers in all my years all over the world. (I used to be important and go on many overseas trips) and in all my time only one burger has ever made me stop and go :aaaa:

It sounds ridiculous to say where it was and judging from the google reviews I was very, very lucky that day, but it was the juiciest and most crumbly meat I've ever savoured. Nothing has ever come close to that burger. I've accepted that that day was when I sampled the best burger I'd ever eat.
So where was it?

Lurdiak posted:

The Newspaper Spider-man thread in BSS is really good. Not only do we read the weirdest comic ever, there are some amazing edits.
Thanks, this one is right up my alley.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Palpek posted:

1) this thread
2) steam thread
3) badgames kickstarter thread
4) game center cx
5) make games thread
6) japan.jpg

aside from those, just whatever looks interesting in djibbis

Smart Dreck posted:

I mean, if we're talking, like, The Godburger, the be-all-end-all greatest burger we've ever had in our lives, mine is from Reg-On Diner in Shibuya.

v see what is it with foreign countries doing american burgers better than america

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 27, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

So where was it?

Cindy's Diner in Hamburg Airport, October 2013. Incredible in every single way possible.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Palpek posted:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Where's that Paranatural thread?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

bss but it's mostly full of people complaining now

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

oddium posted:

......... oh, it's not a thread full of ghost stories. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

Where isn't?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Palpek posted:

Other than a couple mock threads and some game specific stuff here, I like the gbs Star Trek thread, the Let's Read (and be horrified by) The Sword of Truth books thread in TradGames, the cute stuff thread in PYF, painting inspiration/unspiration threads in arts, and the amazing/horrifying tabletop experiences thread in TG. I've been meaning to check out some more BSS lately; that Spider-Man thread Lurduak linked looks fun.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I hate it when people knock subway because i genuinely like a sub for tea rather than a traditional takeaway. McDonalds food is garbage though strangley appealing when hungover or stoned.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macarius Wrench posted:

I hate it when people knock subway because i genuinely like a sub for tea rather than a traditional takeaway.
subway is rotten six-month-old garbage, it's mcdonalds except they put it together in front of you

find a real loving deli

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Macarius Wrench posted:

I hate it when people knock subway because i genuinely like a sub for tea rather than a traditional takeaway. McDonalds food is garbage though strangley appealing when hungover or stoned.

It's bad 4 u

Serf
May 5, 2011

just eat whatever is cheapest

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cheapest would be to cook your own meals

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

subway is rotten six-month-old garbage, it's mcdonalds except they put it together in front of you

find a real loving deli

I know you are going for hyperbole here but i can't help chuckle at a person having a sandwich shop grudge. :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Cheapest would be to cook your own meals

https://mobile.twitter.com/VeganRevoIution/status/592329814058639360

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Now replace the cucumber with some garlic pepper and shavings of parmesan and we're talking! :D

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I mean i like beans on toast as much as the next guy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macarius Wrench posted:

i can't help chuckle at a person having a sandwich shop grudge. :allears:

hey man when i was in college there was a local place that sliced the meat in front of you, got their bread from a chain of local bakeries delivered fresh daily, gave fantastically generous portions, and the way they cut vegetables with a deli slicer... fantastic. same prices, too. when you've had something that good, subway has no excuse.

i mean i figured you guys would be a little more opposed to subway after your whole jimmy saville thing but hey glass houses brother

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

hey man when i was in college there was a local place that sliced the meat in front of you, got their bread from a chain of local bakeries delivered fresh daily, gave fantastically generous portions, and the way they cut vegetables with a deli slicer... fantastic. same prices, too. when you've had something that good, subway has no excuse

Don't get me wrong i love local delis but neither of those are a) open when i get home or b) 30 seconds walk from my flat

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macarius Wrench posted:

a) open when i get home or b) 30 seconds walk from my flat

oh well there you go, that kinda changes things. it was a college town, it was literally across the street from subway, and it kept "we recognize, as businessmen, that we are simultaneously two blocks away in either direction from a college dorm complex and also a discount liquor store" hours :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 27, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gotta be a troll account.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cook a food, pretend you're playing Cooking Mama VR

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

Gotta be a troll account.
Nah, it's just British cuisine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

McDonald's just got Super Mario toys so that's where all the true gamers should be eating for the next couple of weeks.

• Locked thread