Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

The Snoo posted:

did you try steel wool? we cleaned up the grody drip pans on the electric stove here (the previous renters didn't clean them very well either lol) with steel wool and long soapy soaks; the bottoms of our pans are kinda gross too so maybe that would help..... hmm....

Please don't use steel wool on stainless. Bad things will happen. It kinda un-stainlesses the stainless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

So is getting fiberglass in your throat and mouth better? Like how do you not ingest that stuff in some way?

Protip: don't hold it in your mouth when you scrub the pans.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Duh Ugh posted:

Please don't use steel wool on stainless. Bad things will happen. It kinda un-stainlesses the stainless.

uh what

if you're worried about scratching your lovely stainless pans, get brass wool instead. it is as softer than the metal in the pans as it is harder than anything you could have possibly baked onto the pans.

don't use shards of glass like you're living in an Upton Sinclair book

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

The steel wool will scratch the poo poo of the stainless. Tiny little bits of steel wool will end up embedded in the scratches. These bits of not stainless steel will rust. Thus the stainless steel is now stained.

Anyway, more on topic(ish), those copper scrubbies are way too pricy. Especially compared to Chinese fiberglass and asbestos sticks.

Edit: stupid fat thumbs, stupid tiny phone keyboard.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

your thumbs might be less swollen if you weren't using them to scrub your kitchenware with industrial waste to save six cents

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am telling you, these cleaners have particularly good properties for baked on oxidized material. They would be for sale in the United States if it were not for the problem of the little shards, you just know that people wouldn't tolerate that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont think I've ever seen those in a non-industrial setting.

https://www.eraser.com/products/component-preparation-equipment-product/br9-fine-grade-fybrglass-hand-brush-2/
USD 41

https://www.eraser.com/products/component-preparation-equipment-product/br9-fine-grade-fybrglass-hand-brush-2/
USD 158

But yeah, they're basically specialized scourers.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

your thumbs might be less swollen if you weren't using them to scrub your kitchenware with industrial waste to save six cents

But, that's a whole six cents. That's like 12 googly eyes or 1/6th of a dubious toothbrush.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bought my fiancee some new socks..

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

those things are awesome, but you MUST wear gloves. They are made of fiberglass, if you do not wear gloves you will get FIBER GLASS in your HANDS
The actual reason you should get them is if you hate someone. Rub them on their bed sheets or in their underwear. :q:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

This is for people who take selfies at Auschwitz, obviously

Also, "Additional feedback
What is this trick" has me giggling a little

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Duh Ugh posted:

But, that's a whole six cents. That's like 12 googly eyes or 1/6th of a dubious toothbrush.

I'm glad they pointed out it's a "novelty" or else I might have mistakenly used it on my teeth like a real toothbrush.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

I'm glad they pointed out it's a "novelty" or else I might have mistakenly used it on my teeth like a real toothbrush.

Yeah, I'm not too copacetic with the idea of using a 'real' toothbrush from Aliexpress on my teeth. Why do these bristles taste like fiberglass?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Why are you being such a downer? It's endorsed by the renowned Dr. Perfect

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Collection 151 Pokemon Cartoon Anime Kids Vintage Poster Decorative DIY Wall Stickers Home Posters Art Bar Decor Gift
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...2766903184.html

I wanted a poster for my brother, who has special needs and just plays Pokemon Red over and over again, I'm sure this 100% correct and legitimate poster will be fine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dubious toothbrush is my favorite indie band

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
A charcoal toothbrush might give you a nice smile, but to get the full effect you're gonna want to use a charcoal makeup blender and powdered charcoal eye shadow like this woman here:

Top it off with some rough grit sand makeup.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lodin posted:

The actual reason you should get them is if you hate someone. Rub them on their bed sheets or in their underwear. :q:

That is absolutely horrific but brilliant in its way. You'd never be able to see them or observe what was done, it would just be a mysterious painful rash.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The printed socks are great for little kids too, they are really amused by them.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

King Vidiot posted:

A charcoal toothbrush might give you a nice smile, but to get the full effect you're gonna want to use a charcoal makeup blender and powdered charcoal eye shadow like this woman here:

Top it off with some rough grit sand makeup.

Now that's a twisted firestarter!

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Some people have mentioned different art styles of movie posters. Any store recommendations? I keep searching for "art deco" "old" "vintage" but I keep getting sports logos.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I didn't search for the style, just the movie, and there happened to be the one i picked.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32677038424.html#autostay

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Choco1980 posted:

I didn't search for the style, just the movie, and there happened to be the one i picked.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32677038424.html#autostay

I'll try this method, thanks. My searches were getting more and more tragic. Eventually I just tried to search "train posters" before realizing I should just stop. :cripes:

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
What could possibly go wrong?

:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...000023.7.42kyka

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

'Hey, Ah Wong, there's a big problem: the lithium batteries in our vibrators keep catching fire. We're going to have to stop selling them'

'hang on, let me fire up Photoshop, I have a marketing idea....'

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
For the 90's kids.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32710780589.html

I totally bought one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Asian size L" lol

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Please don't buy lovely knockoff "replica" silver coinage, there's already a ton of fake gold & silver floating around.

There's tons of legit tacky real silver coins that you can own for cheapish. Visit your local coin shop!

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

meat police posted:

Please don't buy lovely knockoff "replica" silver coinage, there's already a ton of fake gold & silver floating around.

There's tons of legit tacky real silver coins that you can own for cheapish. Visit your local coin shop!

What the gently caress?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

What the gently caress?

Your name is loving amazing

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

What the gently caress?

whoops they were posting about them a few pages back.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

meat police posted:

Yeah, I did have a twinge of guilt but rationalized it away as I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic for it to enter the coin market and it will probably end up as a keyring or dropped in a drain somewhere.

On a related note I bought one of these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-Fancy-60x-Handheld-Mini-Pocket-Microscope-Loupe-Jeweler-Magnifier-With-LED-Light/32612307799.html

And, though tinier than you imagine, it works well at seeing very small things.

For example, the first thing I discovered that what I thought was a design feature on lovely knockoff "replica" silver coinage, was actually a small crack across the face. so i guess I got what I deserved!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

spog posted:

Yeah, I did have a twinge of guilt but rationalized it away as I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic for it to enter the coin market and it will probably end up as a keyring or dropped in a drain somewhere.

On a related note I bought one of these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-Fancy-60x-Handheld-Mini-Pocket-Microscope-Loupe-Jeweler-Magnifier-With-LED-Light/32612307799.html

And, though tinier than you imagine, it works well at seeing very small things.

For example, the first thing I discovered that what I thought was a design feature on lovely knockoff "replica" silver coinage, was actually a small crack across the face. so i guess I got what I deserved!

what does the microscope do when it detects currency?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Sagebrush posted:

what does the microscope do when it detects currency?

Stainless steel bolts spring out and plunge into your cheeks.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

you cannot tempt me AE!
Because I'm way too fat for this shirt.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Purchased for my dad.

You bastard.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

To that I say

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That was not entirely correct, here are things I regret:

Failed after 6 months

The dullest blades I ever tried.

Turns out that sharpening a ceramic blade take too long without power tools

Every single e27 LED I purchased burned out in a couple of months.
The e14 one I bought​ still works great.

Every single charger - would you like to burn your house and/or phone?
Also every usb cable no matter how expensive is actually delicate.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Been spinning the poo poo out of this thing that somebody posted earlier in the thread: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whi...2794207662.html

I never really knew I needed something to fiddle with until I started fiddling with something. One of the little plastic grommets keeps popping out every now and then, but other than that I like it!

Mine has just arrived and I am a bit disappointed as one of the bearings is very rough and doesn't spin smoothly. Not sure if I should complain or just suck it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Think of it like extortion, would you pay $3 to not get doxxed?