Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Up in Canada, the Predators-Blues games are being carried on CBC, while the Oilers-Ducks series is on Rogers Sportsnet.

Two teams with zero following north of the border? Put it on the national network! Canadian team with the best player in the NHL? Off to tier 2 cable with you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Albino Squirrel posted:

Up in Canada, the Predators-Blues games are being carried on CBC, while the Oilers-Ducks series is on Rogers Sportsnet.

Two teams with zero following north of the border? Put it on the national network! Canadian team with the best player in the NHL? Off to tier 2 cable with you!

To be fair, one game was cool and the other is a snoozer.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

My understanding is Sportsnet gets first dibs because Rogers owns the rights, so they picked the game with McDavid.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Albino Squirrel posted:

Wait Karlsson is on sportsnet?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
One time Penguin Mark Letestu :siren:

Edit: Dammit it's late on EST :( point still stands.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

iospace posted:

To be fair, one game was cool and the other is a snoozer.
Uhhhh it just got real interesting.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers win Game 1 and steal home ice advantage away from the Ducks! :toot:

Oilers did what the Flames can't do: win against Anaheim in Anaheim.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
gently caress the ducks, gently caress the oilers too but mcdavid is cool so I hope they sweep the ducks

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers-ducks is going to be a fun series, i think

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Legit hoping for Rangers/Oilers SCF.

The Sather Series

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Both games tonight, teams blew the most dangerous lead but recovered to get the win. Both games the road team stole home ice advantage.

A good hockey night.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My biggest problem with Pierre is he doesn't know what the word 'allude' means. He has been misusing it for years.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Good hockey games tonight IMO

Benson Cunningham posted:

You mean healthy, top tier defensemen for concussed, broken necked defensemen who average like 40 games a season?

Letang is better than Subban, but given age and injuries I would obviously prefer Subban over Letang rn

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Good hockey games tonight IMO

Letang is better than Subban, but given age and injuries I would obviously prefer Subban over Letang rn

Lol. No he isn't.

Both players are career .64 PPG players but Subban is superior defensively

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
What I would like for the Oilers/Ducks series:

Corey Perry and Milan Lucic collide at centre ice, form some sort of rear end in a top hat singularity that destroys them both.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jesus loving christ TSN's site is now completely unbearable with loud unskippable, unpausable video ads that play on every loving page you click on. I literally just want to read content and they're making me run browser workarounds to disable video. I'd boycott but I'm not even sure where else to get sports info.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Martytoof posted:

Jesus loving christ TSN's site is now completely unbearable with loud unskippable, unpausable video ads that play on every loving page you click on. I literally just want to read content and they're making me run browser workarounds to disable video. I'd boycott but I'm not even sure where else to get sports info.

My biggest problem is that TSN's ticker for games is really lovely when it comes to updating. And sometimes it breaks when you're panning through the scores and will ram itself to one side or the other.

The only benefit it has over Sportsnet's site is that it's easier on the eyes.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Letang is better than Subban

Yeah, no...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Albino Squirrel posted:

Uhhhh it just got real interesting.

I saw that. Oh well.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I like seeing Subban in a country that appreciates his talents. It was exceedingly entertaining watching him sock a few dingers last night.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/SmashvilleProud/status/857590918974668801

:gonk:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Ouch

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Isn't a ruptured femoral artery the sort of thing that kills you before you're done cussing about it?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus :stare:

E: not for nothing but nobody else is confirming that yet.

flakeloaf posted:

Isn't a ruptured femoral artery the sort of thing that kills you before you're done cussing about it?

It's not instant death but it can be pretty serious.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
it seems like "ruptured femoral artery" would have made that whole situation a lot more critical, am I misunderstanding what exactly that is? i've been around some femoral artery wounds and they're basically "surgery now or die" type situations.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Jesus christ lucky he didnt bleed out on the ice? If he makes a full recovery from a broken femur that will be extremely lucky (i mean, on top of surviving a ruptured femoral artery)

aejix fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 27, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

It can be yes, but obviously he made it in this case. The bone itself is serious too.. there's so much marrow you can bleed out just from that.

Broken femurs are no loving joke. The break itself can also be career ending, so there's that too.

Edit - also it's apparently the most painful break possible too. Dude had a lovely night.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

E: not for nothing but nobody else is confirming that yet.

Yeah, that's a less reputable source than I thought. Take it with a grain of salt.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I dunno about "better" but Letang certainly isn't any worse than Subban:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

jeeeeeesus

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Oh lovely poo poo well that explains why it looked like he went into shock pretty quick on. I've seen a girl get her femur snaked in ½ from standing position a bunch of years back and you don't forget that sound + look on their face when shock sets in.

E: I'm just worried about a break up high near the ball joint from the way he hit / jammed his leg into himself

Edit edit: :shrug: still looked like it loving hurt here's hoping for "just" a hip dislocation

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 27, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
That entire sequence was basically the same thing that happened to Taylor Fedun a few years ago except it was on the other end of the ice and Fedun had a complex fracture (I think). He missed like an entire year but eventually came back and did pretty well.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Xtanstic posted:

My understanding is Sportsnet gets first dibs because Rogers owns the rights, so they picked the game with McDavid.

That's my understanding too, but interestingly enough CBC is getting Sens-Rangers. I figure it's mostly "Rogers would like people to actually buy Sportsnet/Sportsnet Now but they will throw a Canadian bone to the CBC."

edit: also jesus that's a bad injury. I hope he manages to recover, let alone play again ever.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 27, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

That's my understanding too, but interestingly enough CBC is getting Sens-Rangers. I figure it's mostly "Rogers would like people to actually buy Sportsnet/Sportsnet Now but they will throw a Canadian bone to the CBC."

It's a draft system for the right to air TV series. Sportsnet picks 1st (taking the one they figure has the most interest in Ducks/Oilers), then CBC, then Sportsnet, then CBC. Or at least that's how it used to work although CBC is entirely under the control of Sportsnet as far as HNIC is concerned. I guess they just want to bolster their ratings there if possible. Hockey will be gone from CBC entirely by the end of next year most likely. Their agreement to maintain HNiC on CBC was only four years, so it'll move to CTV soon enough.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

That tweet about Fiala seems to have been deleted, so maybe it's not that serious.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

ThinkTank posted:

Hockey will be gone from CBC entirely by the end of next year most likely. Their agreement to maintain HNiC on CBC was only four years, so it'll move to CTV soon enough.

Well, not CTV, but yeah otherwise I agree with you, I expect that that agreement won't be renewed, except maybe if there's enough of a PR stink about it - they never had to do this in the first place but Rogers hardly needed the country to hate them MORE so they did this transitional thing.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I dunno about "better" but Letang certainly isn't any worse than Subban:

Subban is better.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Subban doesn't have the psychotic tendencies that Letang does. He needs to step it up in that part of his game before he can be compared favorably to Letang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/status/857613112043765760

I know CAS doesn't like him, but I wouldn't have minded Alzner back so we could dress 7D.

• Locked thread