Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 19: All the Madame's Men

http://i.imgur.com/Ygfj5T6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/5QQqJu4.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/C4vCY7m.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/xdhrFty.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/7YZPcvK.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ccxSYQ0.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/T2aJ0T2.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/49ZQVJb.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/imb6LsV.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 19: All the Madame's Men

http://i.imgur.com/7YZPcvK.gifv
Someone had to explain the reference to me and I feel dumb :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Someone had to explain the reference to me and I feel dumb :v:

Coulson killed Ward by crushing his chest with his robo-hand.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Coulson killed Ward by crushing his chest with his robo-hand.

Yeah I remember that now. I just didn't realize it when I first saw it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yakmouth posted:

Time to head back to the real world, looks like.

I hope they bring Hope. And somehow Radcliffe, honestly; he might be the best character this show has ever written.

I think at this point the real question is "Who aren't they going to bring back?"

I think Radcliffe will either get the shaft or he'll somehow manage to be the only one to escape and leave absolutely everyone else trapped as the season cliffhanger :v:

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I think at this point the real question is "Who aren't they going to bring back?"

You know how in the beginning of the season everybody was thinking that FitzSimmons was doomed to failure because 'Whedon Show'?
You know how everyone right now is wondering how Fitz could possibly live with himself assuming he remembers all the poo poo he's been pulling as the Doctor?

:sadwave:

De Caestecker is great and it would be a shame to lose him, but I'm legit worried about his chances.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Hope is probably the only person making it back.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

X-O posted:

Agents of Shield Season 5: Agents of Hope.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I love May's gratuitous and completely unnecessary Matrix cartwheel.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zero One posted:

So Coulson's regret was joining SHIELD. He doesn't join and the MCU plays out differently because he isn't there to unite the Avengers and Cap isn't there to stop Hydra from taking over the world in Winter Solider.

I like to think Framework-Fury's one regret involves having his eyepatch switch sides and is in every other way the same.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also that she did the coolest move to kill the biggest dork in the office.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm the propaganda poster behind the first guy who gets shot

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

X-O posted:

I imagine Hope has to die somehow so Mack re-lives his trauma before he's willing to leave the Framework.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's a great way to show May just dominating the Framework yet again

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's a great way to show May just dominating the Framework our hearts yet again

That's what you really mean, right?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Will Deathlok also be in the Framework? They're bringing back everyone else it seems

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

counterfeitsaint posted:

They're inside a computer simulation. Having someone do a Matrix move is basically mandatory.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

X-O posted:

Even if she doesn't, if someone doesn't perk up and cast her as Moon Girl at some point after the Infinity War storyline is done I'm going to be even more disappointed than usual.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

at this point may has tried to escape the simulation infinite amount of times. When she eventually gets out she'll be a superhero just out of sheer combat experience.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That's what you really mean, right?

If you are having heart problems, this could mean you are having blood flow issues in other parts of your body. :stare:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PunkBoy posted:

So even in the Framework, Nick Fury tried to recruit Coulson.
I've just realised that seems to be the one "regret" which Coulson changed - turning down the offer to join SHIELD. That's kind of a bummer. :smith:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think people are too hung up on the "regret" thing. It's just a pivotal moment in their lives that was changed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It makes sense he might regret it (even if just subconsciously). He may feel he caused a lot of pain to friends and family and people died because of him. Also him getting killed and revived and how much that screwed with him.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Aida described it as a regret. I mean, in the case of both May and Coulson, maybe they feel that those decisions are their biggest regrets, but the Framework is kind of showing that the world is a much worse place if they didn't choose that path (well, if you combine it with everyone else's biggest regret :v:)

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I can't remember the specific episode, but it was close to the end of the second arc: Coulson was having some down-time and told someone (May, I think) that if he could do it all again he'd have become a teacher instead. At the time it felt to me like a kind of forced moment, sort of like Fitz suddenly angsting about his Dad for no apparent reason, but now we know it was foreshadowing.

Of course now that Coulson got his wish, his new 'regret' is not joining SHIELD -- some people were just born to be unhappy, I guess.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Hope has to die in order to force real world Mack into a more serious, baby-making relationship with YoYo.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Yakmouth posted:

Of course now that Coulson got his wish, his new 'regret' is not joining SHIELD -- some people were just born to be unhappy, I guess.

Grass is always greener on the other side. It's a huge "what could have been" moment where so many things he's lost, including his life, could have been kept if he'd made one single different choice. I don't get the impression that Coulson is truly unhappy due to taking Fury's offer, just that it's a huge, life-defining decision he can't help but wonder the other forks of.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Even if she doesn't, if someone doesn't perk up and cast her as Moon Girl at some point after the Infinity War storyline is done I'm going to be even more disappointed than usual.

Not even comic fans care much about Moon Girl.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

irlZaphod posted:

I've just realised that seems to be the one "regret" which Coulson changed - turning down the offer to join SHIELD. That's kind of a bummer. :smith:

And having seen both options, he can make the only choice Coulson would ever make, but with a clear conscience.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

X-O posted:

Not even comic fans care much about Moon Girl.
I'm enjoying her solo book but not looking forward to her being more involved in the Inhumans drama... not unless whoever's writing Secret Warriors leans on the inspiration/mentorship with Ms. Marvel.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The problem with bringing someone back is that they aren't real. Anyone who is not a Shield agent hooked up to the Framework is just a bunch of software made to emulate a real person.

Hope can never be the kid that Mack lost, at best she is a completely different person, at worst she is just a bunch of software that contains nothing but the bare minimum to emulate a person.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

She's made of magic Darkhold software though.

Anything involving the Darkhold is kind of like Speed Force. It throws all logic out the window.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Oasx posted:

The problem with bringing someone back is that they aren't real. Anyone who is not a Shield agent hooked up to the Framework is just a bunch of software made to emulate a real person.

Or maybe realness and personhood are defined by something less mundane than flesh and blood?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Floppychop posted:

She's made of magic Darkhold software though.

Anything involving the Darkhold is kind of like Speed Force. It throws all logic out the window.

Yeah. The Darkhold is basically a Monkey's Paw, it'll change reality however you want but not in the way you want it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how long the half-life on taking someone out of the Framework and them going crazy is.

Also, watch Aida get herself a real body and immediately shut down the Framework and get everyone out because she suddenly has a conscience.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My hope is that she goes "Finally I have a real bod—" and then is immediately shot through the liver by Jemma.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Andrew_1985 posted:

Will Deathlok also be in the Framework? They're bringing back everyone else it seems

He's probably an unaugmented dude working as a store clerk or something, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a cameo

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Oasx posted:

Hope can never be the kid that Mack lost, at best she is a completely different person, at worst she is just a bunch of software that contains nothing but the bare minimum to emulate a person.

Except 1) these bunches of software are completely fooling the real people in the Framework, and 2) AIDA is going to do exactly what you say is so problematic, so why can't the other blobs of code, which also evidently can learn from unexpected stimuli?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's probably an unaugmented dude working as a store clerk or something, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a cameo
Pretty sure they namedropped him at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

My hope is that she goes "Finally I have a real bod—" and then is immediately shot through the liver by Jemma.
I kind of want robo-Russian to try to have a rematch with Daisy only for her to casually take him apart. "Robots? Been there, done that."

• Locked thread