Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also it looks like Jose Altuve is out for a while? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Probs a concussion and at least 7 days on the DL. I missed the play.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Haniger nooooooo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Rename thread to ERIC THAMES

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
<extremely LeBron James kid voice>

Eh-ric Thames

Eh-ric Thames

Eh-ric Thames

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Theame Thames

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Haniger nooooooo

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Trea Turner :stare:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

kensei posted:

Trea Turner :stare:

Man, is it good to have him back :toot:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
It's me, the guy who is in like 10th place and has Haniger and Altuve

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: I knew it. As soon as I drop Maikel Franco he goes off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: I knew it. As soon as I drop Maikel Franco he goes off.

He wasn't striking out so it was only a matter of time imho...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luis severnio is good .

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

e: wrong thread

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

euphronius posted:

Luis severnio is good .

I like very much when my IRL and fantasy fandoms overlap so well.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Anyone care to rearrange the ranking of these teams in terms of good streaming options?

SD
CWS
KC
MIN
ATL
PHI
SF
TOR
SEA
LAA
OAK
TB
CIN

SD and CWS are obvious, but KC has been terrible, TB has scored a ton of runs despite striking out a ton, and ATL has been a little better than I expected.

Any teams to add? The rest are tossups or teams I'd avoid, even if I guess wrong. I wound up missing Severino's gem by benching him against Boston.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Id swap kc and sd but i can't contribute much more

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Anyone care to rearrange the ranking of these teams in terms of good streaming options?

SD
CWS
KC
MIN
ATL
PHI
SF
TOR
SEA
LAA
OAK
TB
CIN

SD and CWS are obvious, but KC has been terrible, TB has scored a ton of runs despite striking out a ton, and ATL has been a little better than I expected.

Any teams to add? The rest are tossups or teams I'd avoid, even if I guess wrong. I wound up missing Severino's gem by benching him against Boston.

Minnesota hasn't really been a good team to stream against for a couple years now. They're middle of the pack in scoring but top ten in OBP and bottom ten K's this year. Plus they take a lot of pitches in general so your streaming pitcher is probably not getting any deeper than the sixth inning at best.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh I've been aware of that... Thanks, Sano. I guess there was some metric that made me think they were worth streaming against. Or maybe I just had it in my head that they were so bad because of their record.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

With Segura, Cruz and Cano I might drop SEA down more.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
KC's offense will probably rebound some eventually but right now that poo poo is money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Matt Harvey is starting today instead of Thor

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
For some reason the White Sox have been blowing up my pitchers so far this year

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My offense went 17/27 last night and scored 12 runs. That's pretty much all I got, they did real good.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Cespedes gone for weeks with a hamstring. The Mets training staff sucks. :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

Matt Harvey is starting today instead of Thor

I have Thor and Harvey on one team (Thor was a keeper, Harvey a cheap flier) and boy howdy I am not feeling good right now.

(Thankfully that team also has Verlander, Carrasco, and Keuchel.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

I have Thor and Harvey on one team (Thor was a keeper, Harvey a cheap flier) and boy howdy I am not feeling good right now.

I probably should have known better than to start Harvey when he had to start on short notice but I'm not going to let one bad start worry me considering his first like five were all good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

I probably should have known better than to start Harvey when he had to start on short notice but I'm not going to let one bad start worry me considering his first like five were all good

Yeah, I'm not lining up a drop or anything, it just sucks to see.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

:eng99:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Cheer up, bud.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Has anyone seen Bellinger play at all? How's he look?

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
He swings really hard.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

OH AND ROBERTO loving OSUNA. :suicide:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I looked at the Yahoo matchup ratings for the first time this year because I had to decide between starting Bellinger and Ellsbury and it was blank for Bellinger and for Ellsbury it said it was a 5 star matchup because he's been hot lately. Except he sucks against lefties and he's facing Chris Sale. And of course he went 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bud Norris? Really?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

anyone think barnes will take over closer for Milwaukee?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justin Wilson is likely to take over for Detroit, because K-Rod isn't doing it anymore. I think Detroit gives him a long leash but he's doomed.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Streaming has been a lot better lately now that I've been sticking with a list of certain starters facing certain teams. Never trust anyone with a below average K/9. I'm looking at you, Josh Tomlin. My only problem now is lack of roster spots.
Every year I wind up with a pretty good team, but not enough roster spots to pick up all the players who come out of nowhere.

Next year I'm going try an early draft where I spend all my auction money on like 5 early first round hitters, the rest on whatever lottery tickets I can land, and then pick up all the speculative picks during spring training. Think $240 could land Goldschmidt, Altuve, Arenado, Machado, and Mookie for an average of $48 each? It would suck if one got hurt though.

Potential team right now could be:

C: Hedges
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Altuve
3B: Arenado
SS: Machado
OF: Mookie
OF: Haniger
OF: Judge (largely unowned before he made the opening day roster)
UT: Zimmerman
UT: Gallo

SP: Dylan Bundy, Luis Severino, and a bunch of streamers
RP: Greg Holland, Brad Brach, Hector Neris, Bud Norris

I'm sure I could get some more permanent closers as the season goes on. The rest of the available slots I could fill with whoever gets hot. It's like the $1 pitcher and stars and scrubs strategy but a lot more drastic.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i've found the most important thing in evaluating a streamer is the opposing team's l/r splits. it's a bit hard to judge now given how small samples are, so i refer back to august and september splits too, especially if the lineup's similar. this strategy really starts paying dividends in late may/early june, when mlb rosters are solid and your league's rosters are solid. from there, use common sense and play for the stats you need.

hint: use lefties against the dodgers.

also, the real money is in not having a catcher and streaming hitters on travel days

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

anyone think barnes will take over closer for Milwaukee?

Within the next week or so? Probably not. At some point? Probably yes. Feliz has only blown one save. But part of the reason for that is because he's had so few save opportunities over the past few weeks.

• Locked thread