Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just use river rock tile instead of loose rock if you want a bathroom you can really use:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I think seashells would be beautiful, fill the bed with those.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

In keeping with your colour scheme I would recommend ditching the river rocks and replacing them with carved cinnabar stones. It would really bring the room together.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Piell posted:

Encapsulate the rocks in mortar.

Holy gently caress I think we're onto something here.

Skip encapsulating the rocks in epoxy and just tint some epoxy brown to DIY up some chunks of Amber. You would have the most unique and expensive looking poo poo palace.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do one of those floors with all the pennies except use pull tabs from soda cans

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Why not just use actual soda cans?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Fuckface the Hedgehog posted:

In keeping with your colour scheme I would recommend ditching the river rocks and replacing them with carved cinnabar stones. It would really bring the room together.

Hahaha, I get this one. Good thing OP makes $Texas being a Sales Scumbag or whatever because if you think paying for the truss repair is expensive good luck buying that much Cinnabar.

OP in the name of matching your color theme consider Orpiment.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The Bloop posted:

Maybe you're content with a builder-grade money floor, but OP wants something better. Wall to wall Sacagawea dollars.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SoundMonkey posted:

edit: bonus if that recessed light from the kitchen that's below the tub constantly warms the standing water in the rocks

I'm sure this next level bathroom will have heated floors. What kind of pleb doesn't have heated bathroom floors?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Stitecin posted:

Hahaha, I get this one. Good thing OP makes $Texas being a Sales Scumbag or whatever because if you think paying for the truss repair is expensive good luck buying that much Cinnabar.

OP in the name of matching your color theme consider Orpiment.

Gonna be Cinnabon with all the yeast he's growing around the tub.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Fill the pit around your tub with hermit crabs

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

go big or go home: lava.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Broken glass? Survival of the fittest.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nest the tub in a series of larger tubs. It will be like bathing in a beautiful flower.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Zahgaegun posted:

I think seashells would be beautiful, fill the bed with those.

Plus three for the toilet

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
You know how they do that thing with champagne glasses where they make a tower and fill them by overflowing the top glass?
Do that except with bathtubs on top of the cut joists.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bad Munki posted:

Maybe you're content with a builder-grade money floor, but OP wants something better. Wall to wall Sacagawea dollars.

We gotta save some money somewhere: buffalo nickels, dude

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

go big or go home: lava.

Okay all the stone chat made me suspicious but now I'm certain: y'all just playing dwarf fortress.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

this is a masterwork engineered joist. It menaces with spikes of plywood.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe around 28.5714 stone of concrete instead of the rocky moldy bathtub show

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

this is a masterwork engineered joist. It menaces with spikes of plywood.

It features a carving of a homeowner and engineer in plywood. The engineer is bowing before the homeowner. The homeowner is laughing.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

got any sevens posted:

We gotta save some money somewhere: buffalo nickels, dude

Please stop suggesting flooring that won't kill be aesthetically pleasing to the OP.

Refer to this list or others like it if you don't already know a few poisionous aesthetically pleasing rocks that haven't been mentioned.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Okay all the stone chat made me suspicious but now I'm certain: y'all just playing dwarf fortress.

If that were true, we'd be recommending more microcline and mine carts.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Post poste posted:

If that were true, we'd be recommending more microcline and mine carts.

Okay but why aren't we? OP: make your infinity bathtub an infinity mine cart that perpetually does laps around the bathroom at like 1000 miles per hour.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Mine cart bath tub seems like a perfect fit for the Americana country rustic trend right now.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I WANT YOU TO BUILD AN ARK.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

MOLD FOR THE MOLD GOD

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stitecin posted:

Please stop suggesting flooring that won't kill be aesthetically pleasing to the OP.

Refer to this list or others like it if you don't already know a few poisionous aesthetically pleasing rocks that haven't been mentioned.

Not only are they pretty, several of them look like they'd be great for inhibiting the growth of mold.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not only are they pretty, several of them look like they'd be great for inhibiting the growth of mold.

Dont have to worry about the bathtub catching fire if its surrounded by asbestos.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Along that line I'd like to recommend Coffinite, the radiation will either inhibit the mold naturally or he'll breed some extremophile black mold like the stuff on the elephants foot in Chernobyl. Either way, cool.

On second thought, maybe put an elephants foot under the tub, it will support it and you can cut all the way through the floor and make yourself a truly infinite tub.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Stitecin posted:

That article is pure sensationalistic garbage. None of that stuff is nearly as acutely toxic as they make it out to be. Copper sulfate is mostly harmless unless you start doing lines of it, but that could be said of many compounds. Anything that causes cancer (or "super cancer" lmao) requires chronic, long-term exposure to be harmful. Miners should be aware of the risks that they expose themselves to, handling these compounds for a third of their life. The rest of us, not so much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the guy who was recommending obsidian has it right. Just grab a big block and smash it into lego-piece-sized bits with very sharp edges. They're pretty!

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

OP, seriously, how do you plan on cleaning the rocks? Spray them with bleach solution one a week or?

Are they going to be loose 2-3" stones? Won't your foot just sink into them down to the pan or are they not intended to be walked on?

I'm not certain about the cleaning bit yet. Nothing is set in stone at this time, so don't get too excited. I may do some experimentation before committing but I have a few ideas. They would not be intended for walking on, purely decorative.

And I know you guys are all 300lb goons and water displacement and what not, but if more than a few drops of water fell into my mold pit I would be surprised. Relative humidity of the room aside, It's not like there's going to be gallons of overflow every time the bath is used.

Also in a bathroom of this size, the humidity levels stay pretty low despite not having a fan. Not once has my bathroom mirror(s) shown even remote signs of fogging.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hear Trump wants to bring asbestos back so maybe OP can wait a bit before purchasing construction materials.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
OP if you want decorative rocks then I have a legit suggestion, why not a nice modern planter filled with pretty rocks and cacti/succulents?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
You guys are mean.

Clearly he should have a living sea tortoise under the bath tub.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

hanales posted:

You guys are mean.

Clearly he should have a living sea tortoise under the bath tub.

Turtles all the way down (to the kitchen).

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That bathtub is upside down. What good is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Facebook Aunt posted:

That bathtub is upside down. What good is that?

Shade for the turtle.

• Locked thread