Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Haier posted:

Is Poorly Made in China available in Chinese language?

No, the closest thing available is an interview with the author at the Chinese language edition of the BBC (the traditional / simplified character switcher at the top of the page seems to be broken though).

searched for the wrong title :doh:, corrected by Imperialist Dog below

Fojar38 posted:

chinese_economy_structuralreforms.mp4

Mark your calendar for September fojar. Paul Midler is coming out with another book on China.

big time bisexual fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Here you go.

Taiwan: http://www.eslite.com/product.aspx?pgid=1001110792006460

Hong Kong: http://www.cp1897.com.hk/product_info.php?BookId=9789866274336

It's called Black-Hearted Empire hahahaha

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Also isn't CKS to blame for the origin of Chinese Taipei? Like the Olympics wanted to know what to call them and he refused to be anything but China so they settled on Chinese Taipei. And it was only later that it became an official Chinese policy that they must remain Chinese Taipei?

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also isn't CKS to blame for the origin of Chinese Taipei? Like the Olympics wanted to know what to call them and he refused to be anything but China so they settled on Chinese Taipei. And it was only later that it became an official Chinese policy that they must remain Chinese Taipei?

Pretty much. Apparently in the late 70s/80s the PRC was fine with them being "Taiwan" in international sports/etc, but at the time the KMT government was still very strong on the "we're actually China and the Real China" thing and wanted to be called the Republic of China or just China, and not Taiwan. So they made up Chinese Taipei as a compromise where they could keep "China" kind of in there. "Formosa" was also suggested with "Taiwan" at the time and both were rejected by the KMT government.

So yeah Chinese Taipei is an invention of the KMT because in the 80s they vehemently didn't want to be referred to simply as "Taiwan" and it's stuck around.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 27, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haier posted:

Is Poorly Made in China available in Chinese language? Chaoshan girl has been really upset about how she is constantly being treated by factories (especially the great sample - poo poo product problem), since Chaoshan only deal with other Chaoshan people.
She's a middleman and is finding out how bad it is to do business in China and says she hates China and Chinese people more than any other people she has met. I haven't read the book, but apparently many parts are about factories run by Chaoshan people, and everything she complains about is the same thing any foreigner is going to complain about. Anyway, she wants to read the book but hopes there is a Chinese version. Her English is better than most people here, but she knows English business terminology is going to get confusing. Since she's still a young blood in the industry (she's a 23 year old kid), she had no idea at all that this is how they operate here, and is just as shocked and embarrassed as any foreigner would be. It's even worse for her as a middleman, since she had to lose profits sometimes because she is honest and doesn't want her business tarnished. She even returned money recently because she thought a customer gave her too much. She's absolutely unfit for doing business in China.

Just today she was complaining how one of the factories gave great samples, so the customer ordered. The product was different and useless (electronic components in casings). The factory boss decided to change the type of plastic used without telling anyone, and his excuse was he thought it looked better, and doesn't understand why the customer was upset that the components 1) don't fit, and 2) have been flooded with plastic and don't even work. He refused to take responsibility or pay for making up the garbage that he made, so obviously the foreign customer is angry, she is angry, and there's nothing either of them can do about it.

Just last month she told me about an order of parts she made where the factory decided to use some old screws that didn't fit. She had to bring them back (10k pieces) and they said they would just cut the screws so the parts could fit inside the housing made for them. They cut all the screws, but didn't follow any sort of system, and most of the parts still wouldn't fit. The customer said gently caress it, and that they would do it at home in their country so they wouldn't have to deal with Chinese any more.

I don't know who that is, but the only couple of foreigners I know here are downers because they use every time as soapbox to complain about China. Much like posting here or anywhere else online. It's all very negative and kind of a waste of energy.

It might be a bit redundant as she is living the book.

If she is looking for a solution it offers none other than don't do business in China.

She will always get screwed over given enough time and no matter what level of trust or order size has been built up. They are far more interested in shaving those pennies for absurdly tiny short term gains rather than working with the client to make better products or growing the business for larger orders for much greater profits down the road.

Even if the factory/middle man in question is honest like your girl some sub-contractor will screw them over which impacts your work.

The big companies get away with it as they have a lot of skin in the game and have the resources to do the QA to the point they effectively run and won the factory in question.

Don't do business in China is the best advice available. There have been some stories posted here as to how bad it is.

Here there was an uproar over steel used to construct some infrastructure. Instead of going to a local or reputable supplier they cheeped out and went to China. Naturally it was bullshit and they can't trust the certs but they hadn't tested it themselves either and the money was already spent. So they used material of unknown quality and no one knows if it will fall apart unexpectedly.

The Keystone XL pipeline is going to be a massive popcorn eating moment when that fails.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Thanks. I sent her the link. She might buy it IRL on one of her trips to HK soon. Wikipedia said it was released in Taiwan but made no mention of its title.

"What's Wrong With China"
Volume 1 of 16.

oohhboy posted:

If she is looking for a solution it offers none other than don't do business in China.
She's said that if she knew three years ago what she knows now, she would have gotten a different degree and been in another line of business. She plans to transition away from it over the next couple years. She wants to leave China entirely, but has settled on leaving Guangdong for good since she hates Chaoshan culture's selfishness and extreme reliance on using people.

Example: Her friend told some girl she didn't know (friend of a friend) that she could stay in Chaoshan Girl's apartment for a night or two since she wasn't from the city. She didn't ask CG, but this is normal, because in their culture you need to bend over backwards for anyone that you know or used to know since you are all from the same area and must stick together.
The girl comes and stays the weekend, not saying anything to CG, just using her bed and stuff. CG can't get her to leave. She stays a month, paying no rent, nobody wants to help force her out. The original friend that recommended this girl to her was "too busy" to help make her leave. CG said the girl did not leave the house once the entire time she was staying there.

Two months go by until the original friend decided to come stay at CG's house and make it so uncomfortable that the girl had to leave. It took a week of them actively trying to make her life hell before the girl decided to go.

Chaoshan people seem to put insane requirements on "I used to know you" people. Classmates from her primary school period (like 1st-2nd grade) constantly just appear and ask to sleep at her house or ask if she can cook for them or take them to dinner. She can do the same to them if she wants. It's part of their culture. They just use each other, offer nothing in return, and then disappear when they want. One friend she hadn't seen in 15 years got her Wechat from another hometown person. The girl came over, they talked, Chaoshan girl went to the bathroom, and came out to all her jewelry missing and the girl gone. When asked why she didn't mention anything about it to anyone else, it was because her mom knew that girl's mom and it would cause her own mother a ton of embarrassment to bring up the touchy subject of thousands of RMB of jewelry being stolen.

Since she met me and has told me about all her "friends," I've been portraying their usage of her (and her usage of them, since she was also) in ways that allow her to see it for what it is. It's just use and abuse. She started blocking people, stopped accepting offers for eating together (since whoever asks to meet doesn't have to pay, which is about as shrewd of a system you can make), and making tons of excuses. Some still slip through the cracks, or are long-term friends that border between normal and users, but it's an uphill battle. She said she hates Chaoshan people, but has to do all her business with them. She makes a lot of money with it. Her brother lives a couple streets away from her and started working the same type of business a few years ago. He earns about 80-100k RMB per month, and she'll eventually catch up with him if she wants but... she can't bear the culture and people at all and is willing to throw it away if she can.

EDIT:
They have a system where if you sleep at someone's house that you know more than "barely," you bring one change of clothes with you and leave the previous-day's clothes there. Your friend will wash it and keep it for you. This allows you to always bother someone to sleep at their house or go over because you have your clothes there. Much like a bad break up, asking someone take their single change of clothes out of your house is the same as ending all contact. It's a perpetual system of Face and honor where someone else will force you to submit to their whims. There are countless examples, but this one just popped into my head.

Haier fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 27, 2017

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Lots of multinational firms and supply chains set up shop in China. But they have a lot more experience in dealing with developing countries and bullshit

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Went and read "Stillwell and the american experience in China" based on a recommendation from this thread.

Will post some pages probably tomorrow, what was interesting was

1) all the Americans in China telling Roosevelt and Washington and being ignored because America has already set the policy and China is the American protestant white mans burden, do you know it? poo poo is hosed, the KMT can't run anything, at best they are a failed fascist state that is hoarding all the lend lease equipment we send, theyre loving over the common people and this is delaying the inevitable showdown with the communists, who aren't real communists btw, they have popular support and from what we have seen they have their poo poo together and will give China the loving reform it needs to get this 1911 carcass of a country moving and modern, maybe we can work with them, equip them?

2) the KMT stuck with CKS being a temperamental pre madona who is living off one campaign that was successful years ago, and has successfully divided and conquered the regional warlords by starving and supplying equipment according to political needs, who are token KMT anyway, and more than likely will gently caress off and do their own thing given half the chance. Also, why fight Japan? China is too big for them to absorb, outlast them, and let foreigners go and get killed and win the war. Why is the US saying, go and risk my best troops and best equipment, these fuckers will take the stuff lose, and there goes another loving pillar of my rule. If we have to wait in Chengdu for another 5 - 10 years for the war to be won by other people, so be it.

3) the British, Burma is a loving backwater, why are we fighting the japanese in loving Burma, there is a reason we didn't build any loving roads connecting it to India, also gently caress China as a regional power and pillar of the postwar settlement, my name is Churchill and you Roosevelt are a hot air blowing naive baby who doesn't know how the world works, wah wah, we are a Empire that pissed everything away

BCR fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 27, 2017

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

:( If you post these kinda things please post some followup that they were alright or something, don't want to see kids getting hurt.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Don't worry, the kid got the best TCM treatment.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Anyone who's read Poorly Made in China will get a chuckle out of the copy:

quote:

The author's own anecdotes explore and explain the major challenges that come along with doing business in China, and a deep appreciation and illustration of the country's rich culture embroider the lessons every businessperson should learn.
:lol:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He does appreciate China a little too much in Poorly Made in China.

The Chinese constantly take advantage of him yet he rolls over again and again as Sister cuts corners while backing himself into a corner. His observations are quite interesting but he never comes up with any long term answer to his problems.

He is almost naive as he keeps trying to build up trust knowing it is worthless and he is self aware of this but he keeps trying. He wins small victories of sorts here and there as the products become so shoddy the factory pulls back on cutting corners just so they have a product to sell.

He should be mad, he should get emotional, but he never does. He shrugs, "ehh that's China" as they steal from him and his clients brazenly. I don't know why he keeps going back to China to get his face ripped off repeatedly.

Flying Upside down by Captain Duke Nukem is a far more visceral read.

When he gets screwed over he starts driving nails with a hammer. He will refuse to work if it will gently caress him and his passengers. He does a lot of :ughh:. He tries to instil some sort of professionalism into his Chinese counterparts if nothing else to stay alive and to get them to stop using their phones while taxiing or sound like they are making GBS threads themselves over the radio.

He hates the entire system as he brings out seemingly endless examples of bullshit he encounters on all levels. He doesn't straight up say it but the number of crashes and incidents are through the roof.

He also does the smart thing. He does his time, gets the money and gets out.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
He's just a liaison and a "fixer." If his client gets ripped off, it's no skin off his nose.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
He's just a liaison and a "fixer." If his client gets ripped off, it's no skin off his nose.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Prima donna

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Yeah, the weary and resigned emotional detachedness was what sold the book for me. Midler comes off as a guy who's done very well for himself by milking the most out of a very rare and marketable skill, that is being able to withstand an unceasing barrage of all the kinds of stupidity and malice Chinese manufacturing has on offer without drinking himself to oblivion every night, and maybe even scoring the rare small victory or two for his clients. The book was delicious, I'm waiting eagerly for the next one.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

barbecue at the folks posted:

Yeah, the weary and resigned emotional detachedness was what sold the book for me. Midler comes off as a guy who's done very well for himself by milking the most out of a very rare and marketable skill, that is being able to withstand an unceasing barrage of all the kinds of stupidity and malice Chinese manufacturing has on offer without drinking himself to oblivion every night, and maybe even scoring the rare small victory or two for his clients. The book was delicious, I'm waiting eagerly for the next one.
This is me but with Chinese women and not industry.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Haier posted:

There's a point in the book where the chick that owns the factory decides to save a few maos by making the containers for the shampoo much thinner and then they deform or leak.

There's an obvious condom metaphor here please be careful Haier.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Haier posted:

花生糖帝國

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

花生糖帝國

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Devils Affricate posted:

Instead of using the completely arbitrary q/x they could have added a ' or some other symbol to ch/sh.

Better to just murder everyone who speaks the language at that point.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I truly don't understand why vehicular manslaughter isn't an executable or at least jailable offense in China. You can get sent to jail/executed for a hell of a lot less than killing someone with a car

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Watch the way the kid's left arm folds over at the end of the video.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atlas Hugged posted:

Watch the way the kid's left arm folds over at the end of the video.

fuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggg i hope the doctor gives him green and blue pills for that one.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Oh lord CNN has discovered Chinese traffic videos and is now putting them up on their website as news.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nickmeister posted:

He is terrible at this. But it doesn't matter how terrible if you are one of the few that can do it.

If you define it as getting shoddy product to the client who shouldn't take delivery on in a sane world, then yeah he is good.

Murray Mantoinette posted:

There's a point in the book where the chick that owns the factory decides to save a few maos by making the containers for the shampoo much thinner and then they deform or leak.

There's an obvious condom metaphor here please be careful Haier.

They were disintegrating while in China having barely been packed in the box. Him reminding Sister that your product is so shoddy that it couldn't make it on to the truck isn't any victory.

Lets not forget she started substituting clearly different contents from another supplier, changing the plastic and the workers were contaminating every bottle with non-existent work practices.

Most definitely an extended condom metaphor. Stay safe Haier.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I haven't read the book but I know quite a few of those western factory middlemen, some super rich and successful and some less so. A key point seems to be to identify critical stages in production and then you have to be there at the factory to oversee the process to prevent something stupid from happening, and throw the appropriate face tantrums if it does. That's why large and more expensive orders usually go fine because the buyer can afford to keep the guy there but if you're ordering something like 10000 cheap cell phone cases it's just a total lottery.

Maybe half of them are alcoholics and everyone smokes enough weed to rival Snoop Dogg.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Also the good factories that complete orders reliably with high quality are usually known but if you want to make money you can't use them because they're also more expensive, the most successful middlemen use the poo poo factories and whip them into shape somehow.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
The weirdest job belongs to my buddy who's the CEO of the China branch of a Utah based (Mormon owned) company, he used to be a bartender, a super affable guy, heavy drinker and not a Mormon. He basically flies around the country and drinks with the suppliers and business partners while his staff handles the negotiations. They tried that first with a Mormon boss but couldn't get anything done because the Chinese didn't trust anyone who doesn't drink.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Had a bit of a Chinar experience today.

We are trying to sell our car because we are moving in a few days, and my wife posted the ad also onto the local Chinese BBS.

A Chinese couple came to test drive the car, and I could tell immediately from looking at them that they were fresh off the boat and from a poor area of China. The guy had like scraggly facial hair, cargo shorts, and basically just lookedlike he smelled bad. The lady had almost all black on and like a cardigan even though it was super hot and humid out.

They talked to my wife a while and said they wanted to test drive it. I decided before selling the car that I wouldn't bar anyone from test driving it because it will be too hard to sell if I do that. Just looking at this guy though I could tell he would be a "Chinese driver" to put things nicely.

My wife sat in the backseat while the couple got in.

They only drove around the apartment complex parking lot and I went inside while they were driving. Some Indian guy who had already looked at the car texted me while they were test driving and told me "I want to buy the car, can I come get it now?"

I told him, "Some people who don't seem like they will buy it are test driving it now, I'll text you once they are done."

When they got back, I go outside and I see my wife and the guy's wife getting out of the car. My wife filled me in on what happened here because I couldn't see from where I was standing.

The guy had said he knows how to drive, but he looked at her and asks, "I put it in neutral to park it right?" He put the car in neutral and tried to take the key out. The key didn't come out, so he turned it the other way, which triggered the starter and made the engine rattle and chug.

My wife told him to put it in park, and he did, and so my wife got out thinking it was done.

I then whispered to her that the Indian guy is buying the car and to "get rid of these people."

Then I realized I'd heard that rattling sound like 2 or 3 times already. We looked over and saw the guy just sitting there and looking confused. He just kept turning the key more and more and making the engine chug. I told my wife, "Tell him to stop doing that, what is he doing?"

I thought he was "testing" something, and I thought the sound worried him, so he was reproducing it over and over. In reality he didn't know how to get the key out of the ignition because he'd never driven a car before, but he'd already lied to my wife that he knew how to drive, and he was saving face by just continuing to audibly gently caress up and turn the key the wrong way until I finally reached in and stopped him. He made the engine rattle like six or seven times before I finally got him to stop.

My wife invited them inside to take some bullshit we couldn't sell from our moving sale. She went upstairs to get something so I tried to make smalltalk, but after I got one sentence out he interrupted me with "WOahhhhWWWWOWW you can speak-ah Chinese-ah???"

Once he did that I passive aggressively just nodded and went back to my laptop and ignored them.

My wife came back down and gave them a bunch of crap we didn't want. This included a 1 pound bag of salt. The guy said, "This is great, now we don't need to buy salt for a whole year!" She gave them frozen meat out of the fridge that we were going to throw away anyway, and he was like "Omg, you are such an angel, I can't believe how generous you are!"

My wife gave them so much stuff that she offered to drive them back to their apartment so they wouldn't have to take the bus. She had to get gas on the way and the guy says, "Oh, I want to see how you get gas in America."

My wife said, "Oh, it's just like in China."

And he she swipes her card and he asks, "You don't have to pay ahead of time?"

She says no and asked if he had to pay ahead of time in China, and his face-saving lie response was, "Oh, well, I usually just get other people to pump my gas for me, so I've never done it myself."

She got to their place and they insisted she go in even though she really didn't want to. She said when she got in, it smelled so bad that she almost vomited and she tried to get out as fast as she could.

I was really proud of her when she told me about the salt thing and said, "One pound of salt is just like 80 cents, why would he be so happy about that??"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Vesi posted:

The weirdest job belongs to my buddy who's the CEO of the China branch of a Utah based (Mormon owned) company, he used to be a bartender, a super affable guy, heavy drinker and not a Mormon. He basically flies around the country and drinks with the suppliers and business partners while his staff handles the negotiations. They tried that first with a Mormon boss but couldn't get anything done because the Chinese didn't trust anyone who doesn't drink.

To be fair, neither do I.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Link to full article

The great part about that story is that they also mentioned that in the gift bags that were given out at one of the marathons, there was a bar of grape scented soap. However since the manufacturer had chosen to use English on the wrapper to make it seem exotic, quite a few of the runners thought it was an energy/protein bar and ate the soap.

quote:

But China's government has urged caution. A report published last year by the state-run Chinese Athletic Association criticized Chinese runners for lacking awareness of their own health and safety, and it took organizers to task for their inexperience in managing marathons.

"Some marathon organizers are incapable of organizing proper marathon events," the report said, and "the marketing level of running these events is quite low."

Last year, Qingyuan was at the center of this controversy when state media reported that 12,000 of 20,000 runners had sought medical care at the marathon. Xu, from the sports bureau, is quick to set the record straight.

"Our medical service tents assisted people 12,000 times, providing water, glucose and things like that," Xu says. "The media misreported this as 12,000 injuries."

But that's not all that went wrong.

After the race, organizers handed out gift bags that included bars of purple soap in packages with English text and pictures of grapes. Some runners, unable to understand the English packaging, mistook the soap for energy bars, ate them and fell sick.

Xu shakes his head when recalling last year's marathon.

"Nobody can prove who ate the soap," he says. "We thought we were helping runners by giving them some soap for their showers afterwards! We've learned our lesson. We're now giving out the soap before the marathon, not after."

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

angel opportunity posted:

Then I realized I'd heard that rattling sound like 2 or 3 times already. We looked over and saw the guy just sitting there and looking confused. He just kept turning the key more and more and making the engine chug. I told my wife, "Tell him to stop doing that, what is he doing?"

I thought he was "testing" something, and I thought the sound worried him, so he was reproducing it over and over. In reality he didn't know how to get the key out of the ignition because he'd never driven a car before, but he'd already lied to my wife that he knew how to drive, and he was saving face by just continuing to audibly gently caress up and turn the key the wrong way until I finally reached in and stopped him. He made the engine rattle like six or seven times before I finally got him to stop.

That grinding sound was the starter trying to engage with a moving flexplate

Worst case scenario would be a few teeth shearing off the flexplate necessitating replacement (it's a cheap part but a ton of labor to replace). I hope your soon to be sold car is still ok :ohdear:

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
My Chinrar experience is kind short and boring, but...

I work for <insert famous American successful company here> and for some reason randomly a couple of people who go to the restroom using a urinal feel the need to fully pull down their shorts so that it exposes their butt while peeing. In my experience, they always seem like they come from China.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Pirate Radar posted:

花生糖帝國

:barf:

English title: Poorly Laid in China? I don't have the skills or knowledge to make a good plunging/plunger title

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zil posted:

Link to full article

The great part about that story is that they also mentioned that in the gift bags that were given out at one of the marathons, there was a bar of grape scented soap. However since the manufacturer had chosen to use English on the wrapper to make it seem exotic, quite a few of the runners thought it was an energy/protein bar and ate the soap.

lmao that does look like a cheap pack of fruit snacks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

angel opportunity posted:

all this poo poo

could you not have asked if they had a license? and then after they lied to you, ask them to produce the license?

EDIT: "poorly laid in china" made me lmao irl

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 28, 2017

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Who the hell asks for a license for a prospective car buyer? Maybe someone used to dealing with morons, but it's still super condescending

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Serephina posted:

Who the hell asks for a license for a prospective car buyer? Maybe someone used to dealing with morons, but it's still super condescending

Like they would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ntan1 posted:

My Chinrar experience is kind short and boring, but...

I work for <insert famous American successful company here> and for some reason randomly a couple of people who go to the restroom using a urinal feel the need to fully pull down their shorts so that it exposes their butt while peeing. In my experience, they always seem like they come from China.

Common enough that I hardly notice anymore.

• Locked thread