Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Why they did 4 Falcons, and 3 Groots TUs and couldn't make them playable for their fans is painstakingly baffling.

falcon couldnt be playable til he apologized to nazi steve for doubting the purity of the white race, which has now happened in the comics, so hes a possibility going forwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

punchymcpunch posted:

falcon couldnt be playable til he apologized to nazi steve for doubting the purity of the white race, which has now happened in the comics

¿Qué? :what:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in the comics steven rogers is a hitler now

https://twitter.com/fangirlJeanne/s...-controversy%2F

wow also features racists masturbating?! wtf marvel

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 27, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I doubt customized sprays will ever be a thing b/c of Gaz coding issues so they should do the right thing and release an official goatse spray and then credit my account 100 copies

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

punchymcpunch posted:

That panel sure got a lot of out-of-context mileage in twitter land.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

That panel sure got a lot of out-of-context mileage in twitter land.

sorry for ever doubting hitlers infallibility, steven q rogers aka captain volkisch

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not even talking about the stupid Steve Rogers ~totally not a nazi just hydra, guys~ stuff.

Like the comic is the complete opposite of how people take that one panel and speech bubble - Steve Rogers isn't even in it - and the only actual apology is to his activist sidekicks for trying to put the breaks on their activism like Steve Rogers did to his because he's just spent the whole comic realising now he's the socially conservative old timer.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

punchymcpunch posted:

I knew about the Nazi Cap. I didn't know about a confrontation with SJW strawmen causing Falcon to apologize about being a stereotype he never was.

I'll just add it to the pile of characters that are now Hydra members and other ridiculous bouts of character hemorrhaging they've been doing.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
remember when they did fun poo poo like surprise dropping taskmaster?

edit: and then giving comixfan an aneurysm for sniping a costume thread

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

So is the thread title ironic now?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
It always was.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Crono S. Magnum posted:

All I know is, despite having just bought two fresh heroes with splinters, I'm definitely not playing this half baked poo poo until they put in the items that the game is loving tuned for.

I mean really now, how stupid is that? "Hey, we've tuned all content for a new tier of gear!" "Sweet, where does it drop?" "It's not in yet, but soon"

The new gear is for the new tier, the game is currently tuned for the current gear.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Have they fixed the Elektra bug yet?
It'd be nice to play the fun spec without cheating

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
:siren: new content :siren:

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
So the voice of the thread seems to be "bad and dead" but I somehow only just found out about the game and am enjoying my first few days playing. I suspect that I will come to agree with the thread if I ever get to end game stuff, but for now I'm enjoying clicking ninjas and hearing Danny promise not to punch Lockheed in the heart.

Any advice on things to do/not do or is everything meaningless and replaceable/correctable until I'm raiding at double-cosmic and sitting on a hoard of all 15 types of currency?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The issue with 'bad and dead' is most of the people here have racked up thousands of hours. You'll have fun with it as you are.

Gear isn't stable until you're max level. Everything is replaceable/pointless till then, though Very Rare(Purple) and Cosmic(Yellow) are preferred. Your character's Uniques(Brown) are generally worth keeping around, though, and the game itself recognises this by having recipes to upgrade them to level 40/50/60 as you get there.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bad and dead

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

bad and dead

dont sign ur post

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kainser posted:

:siren: new content :siren:

Woah. Who voices her???

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Saint Freak posted:

Woah. Who voices her???

Asros recorded it in the company toilet. They pitch-shifted his already girlish voice up by 15%, and added that robotic iron man/doctor doom filter. Side note: the reason Gaz moves office is because the toilet is constantly getting destroyed due to hotdog eating contests and the generally awful dietary habits of the staff. Real near got written up a few too many times for this and they had to let him go. The "ghost chili hotdog eating contest incident" was the proverbial dump that broke the camel's back.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Test Pattern posted:

So the voice of the thread seems to be "bad and dead" but I somehow only just found out about the game and am enjoying my first few days playing. I suspect that I will come to agree with the thread if I ever get to end game stuff, but for now I'm enjoying clicking ninjas and hearing Danny promise not to punch Lockheed in the heart.

Any advice on things to do/not do or is everything meaningless and replaceable/correctable until I'm raiding at double-cosmic and sitting on a hoard of all 15 types of currency?

the game is good and a lot of fun, but 'dead' is probably kind of accurate. unless things change a lot with the console release, the PC playerbase has been dropping off a lot over the past year and a half because there's not been enough new stuff to sustain old players.

but as a new player, you've got plenty of stuff you can have fun with and a really huge roster you can use for it all. the game that's here is fun, especially if you're playing it kind of casually. but yeah like you said once you get deep into endgame you'll get tired of speedrunning the same things over and over to get better gear so you can use it for nothing. theres a lot to enjoy before that point though

as for stuff to do or not do, spending eternity splinters on the 'random hero' token can be fun if you dont know who to play as, but if theres someone specific you really want just save up for them. it wont take too long to get them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Asros recorded it in the company toilet. They pitch-shifted his already girlish voice up by 15%, and added that robotic iron man/doctor doom filter. Side note: the reason Gaz moves office is because the toilet is constantly getting destroyed due to hotdog eating contests and the generally awful dietary habits of the staff. Real near got written up a few too many times for this and they had to let him go. The "ghost chili hotdog eating contest incident" was the proverbial dump that broke the camel's back.

whoa

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Kelp Plankton posted:

as for stuff to do or not do, spending eternity splinters on the 'random hero' token can be fun if you dont know who to play as, but if theres someone specific you really want just save up for them. it wont take too long to get them.

Thanks to all for the positive info. This is what I'm planning to do, as there are only 3-5 chars I have absolutely no interest in playing.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

It just makes me sad that marvel games are kinda in shitters in terms of content. Rumour of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite having 2 hour story mode is sad. Wish MvC games had single player content like Netherrealm games.

Seriously gently caress you Marvel. I keep buying your garbage because i am a manchild who is too stupid to stop wasting money. Waiting for the ps4 Spiderman game

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I haven't played this game in like a year and a half but coverage of the console version is getting me to log in.

Maybe it'll be fun!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

It just makes me sad that marvel games are kinda in shitters in terms of content. Rumour of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite having 2 hour story mode is sad. Wish MvC games had single player content like Netherrealm games.

Seriously gently caress you Marvel. I keep buying your garbage because i am a manchild who is too stupid to stop wasting money. Waiting for the ps4 Spiderman game

you think thats bad get a loada dc games

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Rumour of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite having 2 hour story mode is sad.

Why would the main story mode with narrative(rather than arcade mode random-fights and any other modes besides it)being 2 hours(i.e movie-length) be sad?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jujojoh posted:

Probably because their movie franchise is going gang busters so who cares about the video games.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bloodly posted:

Why would the main story mode with narrative(rather than arcade mode random-fights and any other modes besides it)being 2 hours(i.e movie-length) be sad?

People want Injustice/Mortal Kombat-style story modes now.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:cosmic2day:

punchymcpunch posted:

you think thats bad get a loada dc games

DC has Injustice, injustice 2 and a secret unannounced Aqua Man game. Don't forget about a rumored Arkham series like Suicide Squad game in work. Marvel should fear DC when you have Aqua Man and Suicide Squad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

Aqua Man

SOLD

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

jujojoh posted:

i am a manchild who is too stupid

cams
Mar 28, 2003

jujojoh posted:

lol if mkx storymode took you more than 2 hours

gamers are trash people

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cams posted:

lol if mkx storymode took you more than 2 hours

gamers are trash people

All of the cinematics alone clock in at like 2 hours 30.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol if you move through time linerarly

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

gently caress, really? i must have skipped stuff just to get through it

playing a fighting game against a computer is gross

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

lol if you move through time linerarly

With Transcendental Meditation, time loses all meaning

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my mantra is "never cosmic"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

With Transcendental Meditation, time loses all meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

People want Injustice/Mortal Kombat-style story modes now.

Saint Freak posted:

This is effectively what I'm saying. How is that 'sad'? If that's 'sad' what's 'worthwhile'?