Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I like how I played so much zelda with the joycons that the pro controller felt bad when I first got it. Now it feels good as hell, even better than the Wii U pro controller somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any word on jap version yet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm sorry sir this thread has a two-drink minimum

does drinking in the good word of Nintendo count

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I also have a Nalgene full of water

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

Was this an Aussie account? I just made one and it's showing up as $79 dollarydoos. Will it actually convert to the $52 USD?

Japan. I already had a japanese account, and Japan has a good Amazon store, etc...

Empress Brosephine posted:

Any word on jap version yet

What word is it that you are looking for?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does it have english

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I'm using tilt controls!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Empress Brosephine posted:

does it have english

Confirming.... now.... 1 sec

Well, I made a Mii all in english at least...

Yes. It's english.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm in the UK but changed my Nintendo account location to Aus and paid on my Australian debit card. Cost a bit more but what is money compare to MK8?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Feenix posted:

But did I commit a crime? That's all I need to know...

Looking into the statutes but at the moment you may be in the clear, though lying about location while not a crime is a moral issue you'll need to deal with on your own time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

well why not posted:

Cost a bit more but what is money compare to MK8?

Nothing but a miserable piles of coins.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So i've got an Australian and a Japanese account now. In order to buy the Japanese version I'll need to go on Amazon.jp and buy a code?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Feenix posted:

Debit. But not that weird...

It's weird and hosed up!! It won't take my stupid credit card

I'll probably try debit later when I get the chance.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

So i've got an Australian and a Japanese account now. In order to buy the Japanese version I'll need to go on Amazon.jp and buy a code?

Amazon.co.jp

I would not buy an eShop Yen card code. You'll overbuy and also pay full price.

You want this: It's cheaper:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01MTASBY4?ref_=pe_1787632_187784572

** Be advised you may want to go read up here: There are steps you need to do (the first time) Go here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5y26nn/guide_how_to_get_japanese_eshop_codes_from/

[edit] Where are the Settings for this game? Options/Settings, whatever? I'm new to Mario Kart but I know this one supposedly came with auto steering for the kiddies and I felt like I could feel it doing that by default. I want to turn it off...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 27, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Bugger, it's telling me that I'm restricted for being in the US.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually its reminding you how great it is to be in AMERICA

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

Bugger, it's telling me that I'm restricted for being in the US.

Look at my link above again... I edited in some steps at a link you will need to do. Took about 10 minutes to do it all...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just wait till tomorrow and BUY AMERICAN

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I hope Kirby continuing to do well will eventually stop the people who always get upset when a new Kirby game gets announced instead of a new F-Zero or Star Tropics or whatever.

Like it's Kirby's fault he keeps getting more games or something. I mean it is, but only because he is the best.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So how many characters and kart parts is unlocked from the started this time?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I bought it from the JP eshop and have been at 0% downloading for 20 minutes now. I regret everything.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

poo poo all kart parts, but all characters besides Gold Mario are unlocked from the start.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Jarogue posted:

So how many characters and kart parts is unlocked from the started this time?

Every character excpet Gold Mario is unlocked from the start. Kart parts, I'm led to believe, are the same as in the original version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Gold Mario the T.T of this game? Super heavy but with Mario's handling?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

My Mario Kart hasn't dispatched :black101:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think it's just a skin for Silver Mario to be honest. It doesn't even get it's own spot on the character select screen.

Having some trouble finding races/battles online at the moment, after getting lagged out of the middle of a battle.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dugong posted:

My Mario Kart hasn't dispatched :black101:

Mine did yesterday!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bought it from amazon co jp but its taking forever to verifiy me RIP

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I've followed all the steps, and in my Order Processing Screen it's stuck. I assume Chase isn't going to let this happen.

It said it could take up to 4 hours to verify. This is not fun.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Beastie posted:

I've followed all the steps, and in my Order Processing Screen it's stuck. I assume Chase isn't going to let this happen.

I actually got an email saying I had to update my payment information, but I just didn't and like a few minutes later I got another email with the code.

Granted, I'm using USAA so I did not expect international stuff to ever be an issue (and it never has before), but just give it a bit and it may resolve itself for you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

It said it could take up to 4 hours to verify. This is not fun.

If not denied for some odd reason, you should get an email
With your code inside of 30 min.

[Ed] I'm Chase too

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm chase also. Has been a hour and nothing rip

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Will MK be available on the eShop at midnight EST like they'd normally do with 1st party games on 3DS and Wii U?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Okay cool. The processing screen is now verifying (4 hours.)

I'll be watching my Gmail like a hawk: :f5h:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I know someone posted about this at one point, but I forgot what the answer was. Is there an official Switch web digital store, similar to how PSN will let you buy something from a website and download it to your console remotely (or at least have it ready to DL later)? If so what's the link?

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 27, 2017

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

How the hell is the digital version of tetris $30 on the US store and loving £35 on the UK store?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/mcdonalds-happy-meals-power-up-with-toys-based-on-mario-and-friends

Whose buying a happy meal?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Parenting posted:

How the hell is the digital version of tetris $30 on the US store and loving £35 on the UK store?

Brexit

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

How do happy meal toys work? Are they random all at once or phased out in stages? My kid would flip for these. Especially since he's gonna come home to MARIO KART.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Brexit may be loving us but I'm pretty sure the value of the pound hasn't dipped below a dollar yet

• Locked thread