Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Works 110 hours a week my fuckin' rear end. I will bet he sits around doing gently caress-all and getting drunk while his underpaid staff runs the place.

anyone who claims to work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week as the owner of a bar definitely works maybe 2 hours a day and spends the rest of that time screaming at his dishwasher, screaming at the servers, screaming at the TV in the corner showing CNN during the day and showing college football at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish.

For some reason over the last 6 or so years there's been some kind of "dog acceptance" movement. Like dog owners have collectively decided that everyone should have dogs in their face at all times. Can't just take them on a walk, they have to take them everywhere.

"poor Wishbone eats my furniture if I leave him at home, I gotta take him to work!"

"It's ok, my dog is super friendly, never mind that he's a 60lb lab that just got finished running through mud and just jumped on you when your hands are full, just pet him, he just wants to be your friend!"

"bitch, I don't wanna pet your fuckikng dogs!"

just turn pale and start sweating and look like you got the chili bowl fever and theyll cross the street to avoid you

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If they let the homeless guy die, he'd complain about the smell and how it's affecting his business.

If they had animal control go around with packs of vultures, he'd complain about his tax dollars going to the clean up crews.

Some people are just fundamentally unhappy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I know how you feel, I've got a cairne terrier who will viciously go after anything smaller than her. Not as bad around people, but definitely not super friendly

I just warn people, "hey he was abused and abandoned before I adopted him so he's not great around people at first, so please don't run up and grab his face I SAID PLEASE DON'T RUN UP A- aw goddamnit man"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shugojin posted:

You got this way because a small beagle jumped on you when you were 8 and your bitch made self still hasn't gotten over it

It was tow beagles, and the tore me up rear end in a top hat

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you own a bar and have to be there 16 hours a day it means you're a lovely manager or a lovely person who can't keep good people

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Iron Crowned posted:

It was tow beagles, and the tore me up rear end in a top hat

Wait really

I somehow was sure you weren't bitten

Sorry if that is wrong

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A few weeks ago my forever-indoor cat got out and I looked until I couldn't look no more. I was laying in bed all freaked out trying to not thinkg about her getting hit by a car or something and I heard a big hiss/growl like right outside my window.

Turned out she walked like 15 feet from our door, got stuck in a plumbing access hole right in front of our place and some other cat came over and sprayed/pee'd on her while she was down there lmao.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Baby Boomers Must Die

somehow I think this guy who claims to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week may not be entirely honest

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

my question for people like that dude who owns a bar would be

what are you even going to use the money you get back from taxes for

is he going to use it so he can stop working all the time? probably not his identity seems tied to the work.

so like, buy a slightly nicer house or car? you want homeless people to die for that?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i'm sure he felt really smart after he typed this out but it doesn't make any sense

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oh and he definitely goes around and complains to patrons about people on welfare at least 8 of those 16 hours a day that he's physically present and doing no work

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zegermans posted:

"terrible posting" is 95% just going against the grain. I'm my own man. have you ever heard of john galt?

wow your comeback cuts you deeper than my insult, good job :thumbsup:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

"gutting the epa is the kind of change that will help me," the bar owner thinks to himself

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

somehow I think this guy who claims to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week may not be entirely honest

Pizzagate this poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sir Tonk posted:

Baby Boomers Must Die

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

comingafteryouall posted:

is he going to use it so he can stop working all the time? probably not his identity seems tied to the work.

so like, buy a slightly nicer house or car? you want homeless people to die for that?

Yeah they do

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

If you own a bar and have to be there 16 hours a day it means you're a lovely manager or a lovely person who can't keep good people

aint met many bar owners have ya

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bad trump thread is now going to brag about how huge the interest portions of their monthly mortgage payments are because I told them only dumbasses front load their interest

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Ash1138 posted:

"gutting the epa is the kind of change that will help me," the bar owner thinks to himself

he makes a living poisoning people what u expect?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

They want homeless people to die regardless of whether or not it helps them.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Outdoor cats are an ecological plague, Sam is just trying to restore the balance of nature.

It was a mistake to let him watch Ferngully with me

I actually don't let my cats outdoors, more for their safety than the safety of birds

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

If only they got rid of regulations on basic sanitary conditions in this bar I could really make some cash

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Indoor cats make good bug detectors:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

comingafteryouall posted:

I'm thinking a lot of folks just don't make it to the "people will die" part when they are doing their thinking faces, that or they don't care that people will die. Same with war and actually never mind they are just lovely people being lovely.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
owning a cat means you have a box of poo poo someplace in your house

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My dog also has a really weird form of wanderlust where he never ever tries to get away from us, clearly loves us to death and wants to be around my wife all the time, but if we're not around and he has the chance he'll just straight up start walking off to go who knows where. The shelter we got him from said someone found him just wandering around the eastern WA apple orchards in the middle of nowhere.

The really odd thing is that my mother in law has a poodle/wiener dog mix that hangs out outside their house all day, patrols the yard, never leaves the property. But if my dog is around he like goads this dog into joining him on these adventures as a pair.

He's a nut case. I'm sure he had some loving family before that he pulled this on and they just never found him and he went scavenger mode.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I'm thinking a lot of folks just don't make it to the "people will die" part when they are doing their thinking faces, that or they don't care that people will die. Same with war and actually never mind they are just lovely people being lovely.

that doesn't sound v christian of them!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

i kinda want to revive the bartender thread in A/T to get the veteran bartenders there to tell stories of jerks they knew like this

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is this a good read? It seems to have a lot of pissed off old-folk reviewers on Amazon so I'm leaning towards "yes"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Yeah that part sucks rear end, I wish my cat would poo poo outside

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Every day is Take Your Kid To Work Day in the white house.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

he makes a living poisoning people what u expect?
now that i think about it, if we go back to the time where water is so polluted and diseased that drinking alcoholic beverages is actually safer, that is good for his business

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm petting your dog right now

You cur!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

teaching your cat to use the toilet is an easy thing and makes you feel like your cat is your peer

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coolguye posted:

i kinda want to revive the bartender thread in A/T to get the veteran bartenders there to tell stories of jerks they knew like this

if I had to guess based on the types that I've met in my years running restaurants, I'd say he works the bar himself because he can't find somebody who will take that sort of responsibility for him, and his service staff either doesn't exist or is entirely attractive young women who he constantly sexually harasses

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I tried out we happy few last night. Its jank as hell so i wouldnt recommend yet, but its basically cspam the game. Day crew crys all the time and will beat you for being on drugs and if you dont care. And night crew freaks out and beats you if you arent on drugs and think things matter.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Baby Boomers Must Die

preach

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This book sucks, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah that part sucks rear end, I wish my cat would poo poo outside

It's not hard to scoop out a litter box, it's a lot better than picking up poo poo by hand

• Locked thread