Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No Waluigi; no sale.

Feenix posted:

How do happy meal toys work? Are they random all at once or phased out in stages? My kid would flip for these. Especially since he's gonna come home to MARIO KART.
It's random but you can request specific toys for your kids. Note that for this reason they tend to run out of popular ones, especially if the current toy is part of a franchise that attracts collectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

enojy posted:

Whoever had the Switch with the screen that popped out: did Nintendo fix it? Mine is starting to show symptoms of the same thing happening, despite babying it. Like I can actually see the adhesive pulling apart between the gap on the right side of the display.

That was me. I sent it to Nintendo, had it back in about a week. It's been fine since then but I've also been afraid to use it docked though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My wedding band scratched the back of my joycon. :(

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Norns posted:

My wedding band scratched the back of my joycon. :(

sever

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

...finger

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Bad Parenting posted:

Brexit may be loving us but I'm pretty sure the value of the pound hasn't dipped below a dollar yet
There is zero reason to buy anything from the UK store. $30 eshop credit ran me £24 and i got the game a day early.

There are loads of sites that'll send you the codes in minutes, just find one with a good Trustpilot rating and you're all set.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Dugong posted:

My Mario Kart hasn't dispatched :black101:

Mine did at 11am. UK Amazon prime preorder. It's being sent via royal mail so whatever.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want that awkward looking Luigi one.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I hope they verify or deny my Japanese order soon. I hate being in limbo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Gonna excitedly walk into Gamestop tomorrow after work to pick up my MK8D preorder then awkwardly stammer "n-no..." when the cashier tries to sell me something else

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Lakbay posted:

Gonna excitedly walk into Gamestop tomorrow after work to pick up my MK8D preorder then awkwardly stammer "n-no..." when the cashier tries to sell me something else

When they ask me, I normally just start crying until they read the info on my bracelet and they call my mom to come pick me up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Tomorrow, I am going to sit at home sweaty and worried that the UPS man that carries my physical media will not be the insanely professional early delivery one but the moron that comes late and does not deliver to the door.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lakbay posted:

"I'm just here for Mario Kart, thanks"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beastie posted:

I hope they verify or deny my Japanese order soon. I hate being in limbo.

Same I e been waiting since 11 am :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

My four year old decide we are going to McDonald's for happy meals and nintendo toys I guess

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

pippy posted:

Mine did at 11am. UK Amazon prime preorder. It's being sent via royal mail so whatever.

I think it's probably because it's being sent to an amazon locker which is often full.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Puyo Puyo Tetris on handheld mode is kinda tough to see... The board / piece area / whatever doesn't seem quite large enough but there is tons of background space. Still a sweet game but frown.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 27, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Deltron 3030 posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris on handheld mode is kinda tough to see... The board / piece area / whatever doesn't seem quite large enough but there is tons of background space. Still a sweet game but frown.

I think you need glasses

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Deltron 3030 posted:

Andrast posted:

I think you need glasses

Yeah, sorry about your eyes, fam. Probably about 1/3 of my playtime has been in portable mode so far, and all I can report is that I still suck at Puyo Puyo, and I wish my girlfriend would play with me so I have somebody at my same poo poo-tier to practice on instead of getting destroyed by the AI :v:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Soon... honest folk will play Mario kart 8. Good hard working Americans, just happy to enjoy a fresh take on racing.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Mr Phillby posted:

There is zero reason to buy anything from the UK store. $30 eshop credit ran me £24 and i got the game a day early.

There are loads of sites that'll send you the codes in minutes, just find one with a good Trustpilot rating and you're all set.

I'm well aware of this and i've been doing this on ps4 for the last few years. I just don't ever remember a game costing more in pounds that the US version in dollars. Really lovely pricing from nintendo.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My order went through...but I'm at work now thanks Nintendo

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Grey Switches on Amazon Prime! Go go go if you need one!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The game's publisher is to blame for the pricing, not nintendo. This poo poo is exactly why region free is great feature.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Soon... honest folk will play Mario kart 8. Good hard working Americans, just happy to enjoy a fresh take on racing.

Much as I will enjoy MK8 I will be doing so again so it's not exactly fresh.

Battle mode is though :D

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't get big bang puyo puyo. With tetris, it's obvious. You place the piece into the piece shaped hole and the rows clear. With puyo puyo, it sometimes gives me a piece that won't do a bunch of combos. Then it clears one thing and says "MISS" and moves on. The point is to just beat the AI at all but the AI just racks up points and I die after one round because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to set off the chain or whatever.

Edit: Like this most recent one gave me a piece to set off a chain. But then at the end of the chain, it's 3 yellow puyos in a line on the right of the screen and then a bunch of singles stacked up on the left. I set off the initial chain but then it says "MISS" when it gets to the unchainable garbage at the end. Now I'm at 12k points and the AI is at 32k. I don't understand how I'm supposed to win this.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 27, 2017

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Does MK8 have download play? The was such a killer feature on handheld Nintendo multiplayer games.

Also I totally forgot about Minecraft on this thing. I'll probably grab it and that NBA Jamlike when they come out.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

It's pretty bullshit when I can pick up the same game from the same publisher on PS4 for £18 from amazon. I'm sure I've read that it is in fact nintendo forcing publishers to price match digital and retail games, so because the retail is £35 as you get a couple of lovely keyrings, we now get to pay that much for digital thanks to nintendo's policy.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
How much are Happy meals nowadays?

Is it weird if I buy a dozen at a time

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is that just a UK thing? Physical PPT is 40 dollars in the US and the digital version is 30 dollars.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My Amazon.jp code arrived! Hail Nintendo!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Beastie posted:

My Amazon.jp code arrived! Hail Nintendo!

Why are people doing this? To have a game a few hours early?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want that awkward looking Luigi one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDUwNjw7ms

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cojawfee posted:

Why are people doing this? To have a game a few hours early?

:iiam:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Is that just a UK thing? Physical PPT is 40 dollars in the US and the digital version is 30 dollars.

I was trying to find out and found this article from about a month ago

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-10-why-nintendo-switch-games-are-ending-up-more-expensive

quote:

But why would a Nintendo Switch game cost more on the Nintendo eShop? Digital games, after all, are just a download. There's no need to factor in costly cart manufacture with an eShop game. Well, we've heard that Nintendo's policy is that Switch eShop games should cost the same as their physical versions, in a bid to keep bricks and mortar shops on-side. A shop such as GAME, for example, is unlikely to go all in on a Switch game if you can download it for half the price instead.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Cojawfee posted:

I don't get big bang puyo puyo. With tetris, it's obvious. You place the piece into the piece shaped hole and the rows clear. With puyo puyo, it sometimes gives me a piece that won't do a bunch of combos. Then it clears one thing and says "MISS" and moves on. The point is to just beat the AI at all but the AI just racks up points and I die after one round because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to set off the chain or whatever.

Edit: Like this most recent one gave me a piece to set off a chain. But then at the end of the chain, it's 3 yellow puyos in a line on the right of the screen and then a bunch of singles stacked up on the left. I set off the initial chain but then it says "MISS" when it gets to the unchainable garbage at the end. Now I'm at 12k points and the AI is at 32k. I don't understand how I'm supposed to win this.

Big bang puyo puyo is just fever mode from previous puyo puyo titles, so if you need help you can look up information on that. Unlike the Tetris equivalent, which is just slot a piece into a hole, fever is more like a puzzle to solve. You get points for setting off any chain, but there's one solution that will clear everything at once (in some cases, there's garbage left over, but it will not count against you and you will still get a clear). It might help to solve backwards by looking at the bottom of the screen and trying to parse out the chains that are set up for you, rather than looking at the top for the first place to create a clear. Sometimes the piece you need is not the first one you are given, and you need to place that piece in a way that won't set anything off.

Really, though, as someone who is garbage at puyo puyo myself, the way I handled this issue was to realize that there's only a set number of possible boards that can come up, and just start memorizing what worked and didn't so you can just remember what solution goes to what board. Because of the way big bang is structured, you can just restart if you gently caress up against the AI until you eventually get an easy enough set of boards, or if you're playing against other players you can just stick to tetris since it's more straightforward.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's also cheaper to buy it digitally ($53) from Japan than to buy it digitally in the US.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Bad Parenting posted:

It's pretty bullshit when I can pick up the same game from the same publisher on PS4 for £18 from amazon. I'm sure I've read that it is in fact nintendo forcing publishers to price match digital and retail games, so because the retail is £35 as you get a couple of lovely keyrings, we now get to pay that much for digital thanks to nintendo's policy.
Puyo Tetris is $40 retail, $30 digital in the USA.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

Does MK8 have download play? The was such a killer feature on handheld Nintendo multiplayer games.

No, unfortunately. Have any Switch games been hinted at having that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Picked up a Switch yesterday, and the Headphone volume is painfully low.. Which really sucks, because the game I picked up first is Voez.

I assume this is an 'European Legislation' thing, like it is for Sony hardware. Is the volume likely so low because :

a) I bought an EU console?
b) I selected an EU region when I set it up? (I've changed the region in option to Japan, but no luck)
c) My headphones (Sony MDR-XB950) can't draw enough power from the console?

Even if I connect the headphone jack into a pair of mains-powered speakers, Voez is unplayable :ohdear:

Tyma fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread