Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I haven't been able to log in on Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

OneTwentySix posted:

I haven't been able to log in on Android.

Yeah, on android as well.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I've been good on Android.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
It's working now on Android.

I do have a question, though. The update says that 'adjustments have been made to the damage calculations for physical attacks. No attacks have had their damage reduced as a result of this change.' Anyone know what changed? Is that just the new ATK softcap mentioned a while back?

Also Wol got 4* Monk, Palom and Porom can wear light armour and Galuf can use a katana. I guess that's a change. Probably most for Galuf, his weapon choices were kind of limited.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

New attack softcap. ~805.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Prism posted:

Galuf can use a katana. I guess that's a change. Probably most for Galuf, his weapon choices were kind of limited.
This is probably because he got buffed to have Samurai 4 a while back. It's actually a shame he doesn't have Samurai 5 for Hailstorm and the most recent Samurai 5 abilities in Japan

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Prism posted:

It's working now on Android.

Not for me it isn't.

It's also not working on my work ipad.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I still can't log in.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Some people are reporting that reinstalling fixed the login issue.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Argh I need to crank out my last 2 unfinished nightmares before the Legend Materia stuff hits. Ugh. Reraise and Valigarmanda :negative:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Elephant Ambush posted:

Argh I need to crank out my last 2 unfinished nightmares before the Legend Materia stuff hits. Ugh. Reraise and Valigarmanda :negative:

When is that? I didn't think it was quite yet.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I killed the Shadow Lord yesterday. This should graduate me from the "newbie squad" to "slightly less newbie". Also managed the 240 mandragoras with pubbies, decided to go with Blind and Wrath for OK. Blinding one of the screaming jerks helped a lot and it's an easily accessible spells for people with poo poo hones like myself.

Also there's that Emperor MC2 I wanted literally like yesterday. They seemed to have also released more MCs for the core characters but why the hell would anyone want to MC them unless they have a decent RM?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
We can sort relics by Legend Materia Mastery now.

Not sure why it's this early when we won't be getting any on any of the currently translated banners, but okay.

Prism posted:

When is that? I didn't think it was quite yet.

Yeah, next big gameplay update is the Full Throttle D300 battles added to Torments and Legend Materia.

You have a few months more for the Magicite bosses to arrive.

Edit: Also, Reraise is super easy now that we have lots of offensive White Mage BSBs. I suggest Minwu BSB since he has an AoE attack command.

(Just be careful with Selphie's and the Instant KO)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 27, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Stellar naming convention there.

I like this one

Hermes must be quite the diva in Ivalice :wink:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are the nightmare dungeons leaving with that update?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ETB posted:

Some people are reporting that reinstalling fixed the login issue.

Yeah, I cleared my cache and that didn't help, so I reinstalled and that worked.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Are the nightmare dungeons leaving with that update?

No, but you need them all completed.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

No, you don't. Legend Materias have absolutely nothing to do with the Nightmare Dungeons.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Well ignore me

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, finishing the Nightmare Dungeons is for the Magicite Dungeon stuff.

You get access to Legend Spheres/Legend Materia by completely filling out a character's Record Sphere grid.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Whatever. I need to do the things for stuff.

How do I Reraise

How do I Valigarmanda

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, finishing the Nightmare Dungeons is for the Magicite Dungeon stuff.

You get access to Legend Spheres/Legend Materia by completely filling out a character's Record Sphere grid.

Does that include 6* motes if they have them?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Fister Roboto posted:

Does that include 6* motes if they have them?

Nope.

Tyro would be a nightmare if that was true.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 27, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Is it possible to use the same account on Android and iOS? I've been playing on my phone, which is Android, but I would like to use my iPad too.

I assumed it wasn't since it uses Google Play or whatever it's called, but worth a shot.

Gotterdammerung
Jun 16, 2003

Is anyone else hopelessly locked out? I'm stuck at a black screen on loading and I've reinstalled the game three times.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Is it possible to use the same account on Android and iOS? I've been playing on my phone, which is Android, but I would like to use my iPad too.

I assumed it wasn't since it uses Google Play or whatever it's called, but worth a shot.

It is, but any gems you have on one phone OS won't carry over to the other. Not sure about Mythril since you can't buy that with cash money.

This is generally true for all mobile games, up to and including the same caveat about premium currency.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
has the trend of 2 full stamina increases per dungeon update ever been broken in JP?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anyone feel like briefly summing up what legend materias are? i can count the number of characters i've bothered to fill their entire sphere grid on zero hands

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

It is, but any gems you have on one phone OS won't carry over to the other. Not sure about Mythril since you can't buy that with cash money.

This is generally true for all mobile games, up to and including the same caveat about premium currency.

I don't have any gems, so no big deal.

Just get the one time password on my phone and put it in on the new system?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
it seems scary to try to use two different platform devices at the same time. seems like a good recipe for data loss

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Prism posted:

I think I linked my FB account to the ipad, and my google account to my android. It was annoying to set up, partially because it's the wife's ipad so it REALLY wants to have her FB account by default.

it runs things a bit better but multiplayer still kinda sucked and I still got dropped.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

anyone feel like briefly summing up what legend materias are? i can count the number of characters i've bothered to fill their entire sphere grid on zero hands

Short form: Character-locked RMs that are always on for that character (and thus don't have to be juggled amongst characters like RMs).

Longer form: When you fill up a character's grid, they unlock a "Legend Sphere" which has several levels of better statgains than the other spheres, as well as "legend materia" unlocks that only that character can use/equip. For example, Warrior of Light unlocks one that starts him with Sentinel and Guts at the beginning of every battle, and one that gives him an inherent 10% resistance to Holy damage.

Around the time those roll out, we also get relics that serve no purpose but to grant characters extra Legend Materia; for example Relm getting one that adds a chance of MBlink proc on any single-target heal she casts. Curaja, Ultra Cure, her burst command 1, you name it. Each character has two Legend Materia slots and each Legend Sphere grants two materia, so getting a LM weapon would involve some rearranging to taste, but can be used to significantly bolster your characters.

EDIT: It's worth noting that legend spheres take 5* stat motes to fill out, which don't actually, you know, exist in global yet. I remember math saying that each sphere takes a grand total of 200 5* motes - 100 from two seperate types (like Bravery and Dexterity, Spirit/Wisdom, etc). That's, uh. A lot.

Prism posted:

Just get the one time password on my phone and put it in on the new system?

That should be all you need to do, yeah.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 27, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in other news i finally buckled down and killed the kaiser dragon. it was actually really easy, but i completely ignored whatever the crystal gimmick was and so missed out on the mastery. is it just a matter of stalling once the crystal shows up until he switches to the right weakness? between alphinaud/cid raines/RW onion knight spell spam he didn't even switch weakness once.

edit: wow since it was my first non-mote 6* skill i thought i might have enough crystals to hone it, not even close

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 27, 2017

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Gotterdammerung posted:

Is anyone else hopelessly locked out? I'm stuck at a black screen on loading and I've reinstalled the game three times.

I haven't been able to log on all day.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

in other news i finally buckled down and killed the kaiser dragon. it was actually really easy, but i completely ignored whatever the crystal gimmick was and so missed out on the mastery. is it just a matter of stalling once the crystal shows up until he switches to the right weakness? between alphinaud/cid raines/RW onion knight spell spam he didn't even switch weakness once.

Many don't bother mastering it because yeah you have to stall for the crystal to change to the right elements. Wait too long and you die, so it's just a dice roll if you get the 2 elements you need.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's frustrating because seeing the crystal costs on honing meltdown means those two black two earth crystals are tantalizing

is meltdown just that good that bringing it along with two casts is a good idea?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Short form: Character-locked RMs that are always on for that character (and thus don't have to be juggled amongst characters like RMs).

Longer form: When you fill up a character's grid, they unlock a "Legend Sphere" which has several levels of better statgains than the other spheres, as well as "legend materia" unlocks that only that character can use/equip. For example, Warrior of Light unlocks one that starts him with Sentinel and Guts at the beginning of every battle, and one that gives him an inherent 10% resistance to Holy damage.

Around the time those roll out, we also get relics that serve no purpose but to grant characters extra Legend Materia; for example Relm getting one that adds a chance of MBlink proc on any single-target heal she casts. Curaja, Ultra Cure, her burst command 1, you name it. Each character has two Legend Materia slots and each Legend Sphere grants two materia, so getting a LM weapon would involve some rearranging to taste, but can be used to significantly bolster your characters.

EDIT: It's worth noting that legend spheres take 5* stat motes to fill out, which don't actually, you know, exist in global yet. I remember math saying that each sphere takes a grand total of 200 5* motes - 100 from two seperate types (like Bravery and Dexterity, Spirit/Wisdom, etc). That's, uh. A lot.

That should be all you need to do, yeah.

Only one question. To use legendary relics, do you still need to complete the record sphere for the respective character?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So are 4* motes and stuff going to become a lot more common or something? I'm not sure how the hell I'd be able to max out sphere grids for more than 1 or 2 people without them dumping a lot more motes on us - especially vitality, since I have multiple characters that see a lot of use that have those drat Berserker spheres.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also on a related note it has come to my attention that i can hone snowspell strike, is that worth it or should i save those precious power/wind/ice crystals for crafting a 6* i don't have yet?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So are 4* motes and stuff going to become a lot more common or something? I'm not sure how the hell I'd be able to max out sphere grids for more than 1 or 2 people without them dumping a lot more motes on us - especially vitality, since I have multiple characters that see a lot of use that have those drat Berserker spheres.

Yeah, I've missed a lot of 4* motes from MP fights and stuff too because I forget to do them, and have been spending mine in what was the "smart way" prior to the advent of LMs (I've never actually finished diving one character, I have like one 4* sphere on a bunch that adds a lot of damage to their primary set or gives them access to a good 5* or something, and skipped the ones that are just like stats or a mediocre 3%)

• Locked thread