Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

The Bananana posted:

Mm, nah, see, thats much less cool

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lol at all this "pulled over" stuff, how quaint. No human beings have been involved or are likely to be involved at any point in this process (possibly myself excluded). We have electronic oppression down to a fine art here in Her Majesty's United Kingdom. Ironically had I been doing considerably quicker than that it would have probably have been worth taking it to court, my mate got away with 97 in a 50 with "only" 3 points (but a >1k fine and whatever amount he paid the lawyer), but like I say they got me bang to rights and it's not worth the gamble of getting it bumped up.

(Other forums suggest that 37 might well get me a course because I've not been pulled over in Essex for absolutely years and that was always for rectification not for speed, and also Essex Plod are skint and make considerably more profit on the courses than on a prosecution for an SP30. I had to do one in Portsmouth years ago when I got done by the same camera that got Anne Robinson's license, literally my only claim to fame, and it was kinda enjoyable for what was basically protection money)

Wooo, invitation to a driver awareness course it is! In what feels like entrapment one of the course locations is at the top of one of my favourite biking roads and another is just next to my unofficial high-speed test track though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

No. 6 posted:

I would have rolled his bike but of course his steering was locked. Actually had a scooter block a spot once like this. I just drug it to the side. I have no issues touching other bikes.

Don't touch other people's bikes when they're not around. If you can fit in the space beside the other bike without blocking that rider in, I say do it. Otherwise suck it up and find another place to park.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

No. 6 posted:

I would have rolled his bike but of course his steering was locked. Actually had a scooter block a spot once like this. I just drug it to the side. I have no issues touching other bikes.

Was it you that was a fat oval office that took a screwdriver to my loving ignition about a month ago? Do it again i'll rearrange your face with my cock.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Posted in wrong thread initially

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/6106450271.html

So uh, how hot is this bike likely to be?

Backstory: This thing showed up yesterday with a similar ad, but didn't mention doubling the price to go to the DMV to get the title. When my buddy who's shopping made the inquiry, "the guy who was actually selling the bike" hung up on him after calling from a different number from the one in the ad and then the ad went down.

Buddy has a work phone he's going to call from to try and set up a viewing. I'm going to go with him and see if we can't get a picture of the VIN plate and make a note of the address.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

Was it you that was a fat oval office that took a screwdriver to my loving ignition about a month ago? Do it again i'll rearrange your face with my cock.

Well, making someone laugh hysterically is technically rearranging their face I suppose.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Posted in the other thread: don't buy this, don't even bother to go looking at it unless you really like having your time wasted

Beach Bum posted:

Posted in wrong thread initially

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/6106450271.html

So uh, how hot is this bike likely to be?

Backstory: This thing showed up yesterday with a similar ad, but didn't mention doubling the price to go to the DMV to get the title. When my buddy who's shopping made the inquiry, "the guy who was actually selling the bike" hung up on him after calling from a different number from the one in the ad and then the ad went down.

Buddy has a work phone he's going to call from to try and set up a viewing. I'm going to go with him and see if we can't get a picture of the VIN plate and make a note of the address.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well, making someone laugh hysterically is technically rearranging their face I suppose.

Hells yes. :D

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

You realize that dragging a scooter doesn't damage it. And normally I wouldn't touch another bike but this guy has done this multiple times at work, which made me consider the option. Maybe I'm just getting too cocky as I get older.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Don't drag other people's scooters or motorcycles around ever. They don't belong to you and you are not the Earl of Parkingspace. What is wrong with you

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Who's more entitled, Harley guy for taking up a whole parking space, or you for deciding you need to park there too and taking it upon yourself to move his bike so you can? Do you check cars to see if they're unlocked so you can pop them into neutral and move them out of spaces you want, too?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

No. 6 posted:

You realize that dragging a scooter doesn't damage it. And normally I wouldn't touch another bike but this guy has done this multiple times at work, which made me consider the option. Maybe I'm just getting too cocky as I get older.

Just to be clear, are you dragging the scooter out of the way to make a space for your bike to fit into, or dragging it out of the way because he blocked you in?

The former is not cool and the latter is acceptable.

edit: If I came back to my bike and found that someone had moved it to make space for their own, I would also have no trouble touching their bike right back, say by pulling the spark plug boots off or putting boogers on their mirror.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 27, 2017

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
If some motorcycle dude moved my bike a bit in order to share a parking spot, I honestly would not care.

As long as (s)he knows what (s)he's doing and does not knock my poo poo over.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Don't touch peoples poo poo with out permission.

I take up the whole space when I park at the front of the space also so cars won't try to whip in quickly without seeing my bike. I also don't park in someone else's spot unless there is tons of room or I personally know them.

I know people who are semi disabled and still ride. They need a little more space to get mounted and situated. I don't assume and leave plenty of space knowing this.

I can gladly find another space if needed because I'm not entitled.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Don't drag other people's scooters or motorcycles around ever. They don't belong to you and you are not the Earl of Parkingspace. What is wrong with you

I'd normally agree with you but there are like ten secure motorcycle spaces in my office (and some of those are unusable by big bikes because of the tight confines of the area) and we had a project manager who'd insist on parking across two or even three spots - he'd literally just angle straight in and leave it there, not even attempt to park it properly. Long story short after a steady escalation (through polite emails, to impolite emails, to warnings from security that he'd be barred from parking) eventually his lovely little Vespa ended up locked into one of the vertical pushbike parking spaces, with the CCTV mysteriously missing for the period concerned.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

captainOrbital posted:

If some motorcycle dude moved my bike a bit in order to share a parking spot, I honestly would not care.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

While I can appreciate the sense of brotherhood that owning a motorcycle can give, i still do not like the idea of someone moving my bike, just cause it tickles their fancy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

captainOrbital posted:

Until they don't know, drop your bike and leave no contact info.

Of course if 100% of people were 100% trustworthy, the answer is go ahead and move another persons bike, until that time, don't touch other people's bikes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah see the problem is that a person who is skilled and careful, who would move your bike without damage, is also the kind of considerate person who wouldn't gently caress with your bike in the first place.

I absolutely do not trust average gixxerbro or Dr. Chopper to move my bike without dropping it.

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Wooo, invitation to a driver awareness course it is! In what feels like entrapment one of the course locations is at the top of one of my favourite biking roads and another is just next to my unofficial high-speed test track though.

Good time to get your digs in, going up to 2500 and 6 points max. As of 3 days ago I think.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

yeah see the problem is that a person who is skilled and careful, who would move your bike without damage, is also the kind of considerate person who wouldn't gently caress with your bike in the first place.

I absolutely do not trust average gixxerbro or Dr. Chopper to move my bike without dropping it.

maybe if Dr. Chopper is an actual doctor with the income and insurance to match

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't care if he has a ten-million-dollar policy. I don't want someone to drop my loving bike.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
If someone blocks me in their bike is getting moved, if some rear end in a top hat has taken up all the space by parking like a oval office i'll park somewhere else.

If a car blocks me in i will just squeeze through and take whatever paint i have to in the process, cant really mess up the cosmetics of a drz.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

echomadman posted:

If someone blocks me in their bike is getting moved, if some rear end in a top hat has taken up all the space by parking like a oval office i'll park somewhere else.

If a car blocks me in i will just squeeze through and take whatever paint i have to in the process, cant really mess up the cosmetics of a drz.

Congratulations, all of these are correct.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If you don't want someone to move your scooter, don't block highly sought after parking. When you park like an rear end in a top hat in area with very limited parking, you are an rear end in a top hat. I have no problem carefully moving the parked scooter, bicycle, or occasional motorcycle a foot of two when necessary. Sorry if you disagree.

:shrug:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The side stand on my Tuono is kind of finnicky and I would expect anyone that moves it is probably not gonna know that and the poo poo's gonna fall over.

I don't think I would park it somewhere it would have to be moved but poo poo happens.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

No. 6 posted:

If you don't want someone to move your scooter, don't block highly sought after parking. When you park like an rear end in a top hat in area with very limited parking, you are an rear end in a top hat. I have no problem carefully moving the parked scooter, bicycle, or occasional motorcycle a foot of two when necessary. Sorry if you disagree.

Your telling me your only options are moving someone else's bike or not having a parking spot? Do you leave your steering column unlocked so someone in a car can move it over a couple feet?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

That's exactly what I'm saying. This lot for my office is a mess and the only other option is parking remote in an uncovered area about an 8 minute walk. So gently caress it.

tjones
May 13, 2005

No. 6 posted:

That's exactly what I'm saying. This lot for my office is a mess and the only other option is parking remote in an uncovered area about an 8 minute walk. So gently caress it.

Talk to the guy with the bike then? Seems like a reasonable thing to do considering the situation so he can leave you more room.

Most bikers are good bros.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
i'm with team #don'ttouchotherpeoplesshit unless it's blocking me in

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No. 6 posted:

I am 100% serious when I say that I wouldn't blame someone a single iota for murdering you over this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No. 6 posted:

RIP goondolences

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
if you touch my lovely bike I'll cut you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Yerok posted:

if you touch my lovely bike I'll cut you

This, but unironically

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Park like a dick and we'll have a knifefight.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If I came up on a car that was parked across three spaces and had the door open with the key in the ignition, I wouldn't hesitate to hop in and park it properly. I'd probably root around the cupholder for some spare change or candy too.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
nsaP is gonna get vigilante murdered.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I choose random bikes, roll them forward a foot, then roll them back to exactly where they were. The owner would never know. Then I rub my dick on them.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

The Bananana posted:

This, but unironically

ain't no irony here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I spray deer urine on the wheels in the hopes that they'll get attacked by an errant buck.