Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hi guys.

So what game is this month's GotM?

It feels like Persona is the only game that came out this April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Rocket League again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

Hi guys.

I didn't pick up Nier Automata till april so it is my game of the month

edit: It actually is my Game of The Year also

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think Tracer has one of the loudest footsteps in the game, all the flankers do

And then there's Sombra who yells 'BEEN HERE ALL ALONG' when she uncloaks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A big ol' turkey was picking fights with cars in the road in front of my house, puffing himself up as big as he could as cars went around him

When the coast was clear, he made his way across the street where a female turkey was waiting in the my neighbor's flower garden and got his gobblin' on, my neighbor is gonna have turkeys loving on his front step

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust posted:

Hi guys.

I tried Duke Nukem Forever for the first time this month and I can say with a high degree of certainty that it's not it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
That feel when you're listening for a widowmaker's footsteps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3SZ4lSvH9o

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ostentatious posted:

What is your favorite side character in the Crash Bandicoot franchise, this also includes the best kart racer of the 90s Crash Team Racing

nathan drake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Hi guys.

Considering my PS4 has basically occupied all my time this month, the answer is easy.

Drawn to Death

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The answer is some combination of Bayonetta and Persona 5 that I just made up in my head.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > A Blizzard Subforum > April Foot Fetish Chat Thread

Anyway, Duck Game is doing a free weekend on Steam. How's the netcode in that? I wanna give it a spin while it's free, but the friends who'd want to play it with me are interstate at the closest and on the other side of the planet at the furthest.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've been playing lots of Overwatch and For Honor this month since there were no new releases that interested me. I am SO BAD at For Honor yet I cannot stop playing!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Probably Bayonetta, which I replayed after it was being discussed here. Still a masterpiece even if the Wii U version performs noticeably worse than the 360.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bayonetta seems pretty great at 1440p/60!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GUI posted:

Dishonored 2 kicked you right into the gameplay and people complained so

WHO
WHO DOES NOT WANT THE ACTION TO BEGIN RIGHT AWAY

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Been playing Persona 4 and very much enjoying Demon Pokemon/My Anime High School Life Simulator so that's my GOTM

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Kins posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > A Blizzard Subforum > April Foot Fetish Chat Thread

... Oh, you were being facetious.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bayonetta activates the old man part of my brain, the part that has trouble understanding what's happening on screen because everything looks so hectic. Super Smash Bros does it too.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Persona 5 is gotm for me definitely, but Shovel Knight was my runner-up which I played while my wife played P5. Spector Knight's campaign was great and I finally played Plague Knight's campaign which was also great.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My game of the month is probably talos principle because I got it and beat it and had fun and it is a good game.

Other good games I played and completed this month include legend of grimrock and shove knight: specter of torment

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns

just unlocked a mario outfit for chopping someone's wood

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

haveblue posted:

Probably Bayonetta, which I replayed after it was being discussed here. Still a masterpiece [b]even if the Wii U version performs noticeably worse than the 360.[b]

When did that happen? I always thought they were supposed to be pretty even?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

When did that happen? I always thought they were supposed to be pretty even?

I'm not sure, I don't remember it happening the first time I played the Wii U version when B2 came out years ago. There was noticeable slowdown in some effects-heavy fights like protecting the girl while both you and the angels are translucent, enough that it threw off my timing.

Maybe there's something wrong with my Wii U, this is the first time I've used it literally in years.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I.... I bought Bayonetta again anyways even though I thought the Wii U version was fine. My excuse is that I never had a 360 (Played it on the PS3 first, belgh) and thus have not ever experienced OPTIMUM BAYO

I am also excited to buy Vanquish again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tap my mountain posted:

Persona 5 is gotm for me definitely, but Shovel Knight was my runner-up which I played while my wife played P5. Spector Knight's campaign was great and I finally played Plague Knight's campaign which was also great.

i am a new comer to the persona games. Should i try 5, i have heard amazing stuff about it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am a new comer to the persona games. Should i try 5, i have heard amazing stuff about it.

Do you like visual novels and jrpgs?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It is an anime JRPG centered on a cast of teens with a heavy emphasis on story and dialogue.

Normally that wouldn't be my bag but I dig present-day "normal" settings and everything about the game is super stylish.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I fast forward through conversations alot in p5 because they have several scenes in a row saying the same thing

You can enjoy it without liking vn's

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 27, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Hi guys.

Automata, still.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Real hurthling! posted:

I fast forward through conversations alot in p5 because they have several scenes in a row saying the same thing

That's because in Japan it's an educational series aimed at special needs children to teach them about world religion and help simulate social interactions. But for some reason people in the west seem to really like it?????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The kof dlc is the best game if april

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wait a minute, gently caress, this month is almost over.

All I played was Snake Pass and Nier after beating Zelda.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's my first one since 1 and I love it, but I already have an appreciation for the combat from SMT games.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Well a bunch of Capcom stuff under-performed over the last year including Dead Rising 4 turning out to be a game pretty much nobody wanted.

What should they bring back now, a Dino Crisis reboot in time for the next Jurassic World movie?

Street Fighter 2040: The Finalest Fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 5, Puyo Puyo and Spectre Knight are all good highlights

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I don't really have a gotm for April. Andromeda is too flawed (in addition to all the writing and animation problems, the difficulty curve is hosed up) and I haven't gotten to P5 yet because I'm playing P4G first. Oddly, I'm really enjoying the combat in P4G and the story is just pretty good for me so far, which seems to be different from what other goons report.

I want to get Puyopuyo Tetris, definitely annoyed about the lack of digital on PS4.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Lurdiak posted:

That's because in Japan it's an educational series aimed at special needs children to teach them about world religion and help simulate social interactions. But for some reason people in the west seem to really like it?????

It's actually funded by international aid grants from the Japanese government, helping people from inferior non-Japanese education systems get the opportunity to experience the heart-pumping excitement of being a Japanese high-schooler.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I should get PPT, but after I watched the grandmaster stuff at agdq I'm worried about getting stomped by Tetris gods

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain posted:

I should get PPT, but after I watched the grandmaster stuff at agdq I'm worried about getting stomped by Tetris gods

It's the puyo puyo gods that are really scary cause they're setting up some arcane madness on the other screen that you can't even comprehend, and then you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PowerPoint truly is a challenging video game, at least according to the Nvidia GeForce Experience

• Locked thread