Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

D.N. Nation posted:

So, yeah, it goes without saying: no jeans. Why it's almost like Mike Lester is a wife-beating jerk who can't bother to educate himself on anything and instead relies on blaring on the dogwhistle until his cheeks are as puffy as his fat loving gut!
I think the cartoon is implying since he doesn't have to spend his own money on food, he can buy luxury items like expensive jeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BarbarianElephant posted:

Sometimes people on EBT cards buy indulgent poo poo precisely *because* they need money for things like toilet paper and soap and diapers. They sell them to their neighbors for cash. So if you see a poor person with a trolley full of ramen, lunch meat and white bread, along with two lobsters and a birthday cake, they aren't necessarily idiots, but buying the fancy stuff for a neighbor in exchange for cash for essentials not covered by EBT.

Oh, I know, but try explaining that to someone who has totally seen that happen last night at Walmart. Or even the fact that poor people need indulgences to feel like a person once in a while.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Until you guys pointed out the EBT card, I thought the joke of the comic was "stuck-up liberal doesn't know what a Real White Working Class Hardworking Dude looks like".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

Until you guys pointed out the EBT card, I thought the joke of the comic was "stuck-up liberal doesn't know what a Real White Working Class Hardworking Dude looks like".

It is of course both

Even if his primary goal is to smear the poor, Lester wouldn't pass up an additional chance to troll liberals

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

I think the cartoon is implying since he doesn't have to spend his own money on food, he can buy luxury items like expensive jeans.

This is exactly the message of the comic. This is why the cashier is giving a disapproving glare, it is to show that an actual working person like her is angry that the poor are lazy and buying luxury items and food with her tax dollars.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No one can convince me that Kirschen isn't stroking his penis through his pocket

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Oh that typical Mike Lester fan who always agrees with him: a black female working poor person.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

It's meant to represent the incandescence of the male mallard's head plumage. No it doesn't work

I think the word is iridescence? Incandescence has to do with emitting light. :v:

But yeah, it seems like a silly choice for a comic character and goes to show Tinsley knows as little about making a comic as he does politics.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The US tax code is the only thing protecting economic growth from the destructive policies driven by Trump. A good cartoon.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Really spent a couple of seconds thinking "is he supposed to be covering the D with his thumb or what?"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh that typical Mike Lester fan who always agrees with him: a black female working poor person.

I'd like to think the cashier is like any other cashier and glaring at the guy with the phone "Go the gently caress away, stop hassling customers you poo poo".

It's stuff like this part of the reason I don't have any government assistance despite being pretty much incapable of employment. If there's even a chance at getting an EBT card I'm pretty much hosed living in a town full of either hicks or old people.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why do conservatives/lolbertarians think that cuts to corporate taxes will magically fix things instead of just funneling the money to the top? Either they are dumb or they want that to happen.

I once had an intern who was a college libtard who tried to explain it as "Companies are black boxes for generating profit. Or they should be at least. Regulations get in their way of finding the most efficient path to wealth." Which he thought was super loving clever even though that's not something you can really treat as a black box problem. He most likely just learned about black boxes in physics class that week.

When I brought up that "finding the most efficient path" to profit usually involves solutions you really don't want as a society, with the example of unscrupulous bakers using plaster/sawdust as fillers to use less material in bread to save on cost, he just didn't seem to process it. I think his first response was to assume it was a crazy hypothetical, "What, these bakers are funneling research money into plaster bread?". He later fell back on "well what's so wrong with that??" when shown that companies did in fact use underhanded methods like that before regulations like The Pure Food and Drug Act.

So ultimately it just boils down to: Making money as fast and easily as possible is the only goal. Nothing else matters.

Other choice quotes from this kid:

He tried to claim that George Washington and all of the founding fathers were Libertarian (as in the sense of modern Right-Libertarianism which is what we know today, not the classical Libertarianism) and didn't want taxes at all, while also not knowing what the Whiskey Rebellion was or what it was about.

Defended Coal Towns and script with "Well they were still living, right?".

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Nearly all notable instances of organized mass book burning in the United States have been perpetrated by conservative groups.

I just felt compelled to point that out for some reason.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm the copy and pasted Che face.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Jesus titty-loving Christ on a stick. Usually it's Branco who puts me in a bad mood, but this poo poo right here...

Michael Eugene Fuckwad Lester, you racist wife beating sack of monkey gently caress. Just like every other typical white dude from Georgia who has a UGA license plate, UGA hat, shirt, tattoo, and UGA strap to hold the costa del mar's around your neck, yet flunked out of Valdosta State in two semesters and now works in daddy's business, you gotta pull this welfare queen bullshit because everyone else is obviously gaming the system. I look forward to the day you slap the missus around a little too hard and end up getting every loving thing coming to you. :fuckoff:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Man, there's been a major uptick in comparing people to Nazis lately, haven't there?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ramos posted:

Man, there's been a major uptick in comparing people to Nazis lately, haven't there?

The right are upset about liberals pointing out that they are starting to talk about Muslims like Hitler talked about Jews. Since the right-wing solution to any criticism is to go "No, you!" then this means that liberals and left-wingers are suddenly all Nazis.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Actual nazis keep showing up and defending Trump, so the right has to kick projection into high gear.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Actual nazis keep showing up and defending Trump, so the right has to kick projection into high gear.

Actual nazis keep showing up at Berkeley.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tch, tch, Lester. You didn't call it a DEBT card. For shame! The ghost of Ramirez frowns at you from the clouds.

Please, under a dystopian liberal regime, these books would be brought to recycling, not burned. Paper is precious!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I love how he just straight up calls it a ban now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's tax reforms – The Trump administration unveiled what it called the ‘biggest tax cuts in history’ on Wednesday in a move that will simplify the US tax system, slash taxes for businesses, eliminate inheritance taxes and probably cost $2tn plus"

Telegraph:

'Mutton-headed old mugwump': Boris Johnson attacks Corbyn

Independent:

Can you guess the Tories' slogan?

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... HMRC raids on football clubs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alhazred posted:

Actual nazis keep showing up at Berkeley.

Yes, and punching students. Which is the same as defending Trump.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I think this link would have been equally relevant to the cartoon, even if perhaps a bit old.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

:darksouls:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

If you mash the buttons you can reduce the damage you take before you escape.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I hope Mike Lester's wife finally snaps and murders him, and I hope she botches it enough that he suffers.

If I got called up to jury duty on that case I'd nullify. She would have done the world a favor.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Let's not kid ourselves, anyone who browses this thread would be dismissed from serving on the jury for that case for non-stop applauding.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Luggage came out as a Tory? :confused:

SwitchbladeKult posted:

If I got called up to jury duty on that case I'd nullify. She would have done the world a favor.

:same: No question. Award her a commendation for trash removal.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Farking Bastage posted:

Jesus titty-loving Christ on a stick. Usually it's Branco who puts me in a bad mood, but this poo poo right here...

Michael Eugene Fuckwad Lester, you racist wife beating sack of monkey gently caress. Just like every other typical white dude from Georgia who has a UGA license plate, UGA hat, shirt, tattoo, and UGA strap to hold the costa del mar's around your neck, yet flunked out of Valdosta State in two semesters and now works in daddy's business, you gotta pull this welfare queen bullshit because everyone else is obviously gaming the system. I look forward to the day you slap the missus around a little too hard and end up getting every loving thing coming to you. :fuckoff:

Even when I left the military and went on unemployment, I still didn't qualify for food stamps - because I was living with close family members. Add to this that I had to demonstrate that I was actively looking for work on a weekly basis by showing up at a job center with applications and updated resumes just to keep the meager ~$600 a month I was being given, and even then, the unemployment office still found cause to ask for ~$2000 of it back once I did start working full time again, in spite of the fact I called and told them the minute I got the full time job.

This is in Texas. I don't know how it is in other states, but for me, getting "free poo poo" wasn't easy and hardly a loving scam. It's made me realize that the whole wellfare queen thing is bullshit, and any time some dumbfuck oxy-riddled redneck at my job goes off on people mooching off the gov't, I loving die a little more each time.

edit: I want to clarify that I'm not pissing and moaning I didn't get food stamps - the whole experience made me realize that the stamps are intended for the truly destitute and suffering. I was lucky to have a home to move into when I separated.

You see someone at the supermarket pull out a EBT card, that person's hurting.

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 27, 2017

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I thought the art for the newest Monster Manual was supposed feature fewer white guys. :mad:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

I once had an intern who was a college libtard who tried to explain it as "Companies are black boxes for generating profit. Or they should be at least. Regulations get in their way of finding the most efficient path to wealth." Which he thought was super loving clever even though that's not something you can really treat as a black box problem. He most likely just learned about black boxes in physics class that week.

Well poo poo, I guess I'll have to tell a couple of my friends who study Corporate Governance that they can pack it up.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lacks credibility. Trump's vocabulary is nowhere near that expansive.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Lacks credibility. Trump's vocabulary is nowhere near that expansive.

But he probably does spell phenomenal with an 'F'.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Should've touched one of the bloodstains Blair left in the house.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

When I brought up that "finding the most efficient path" to profit usually involves solutions you really don't want as a society, with the example of unscrupulous bakers using plaster/sawdust as fillers to use less material in bread to save on cost, he just didn't seem to process it. I think his first response was to assume it was a crazy hypothetical, "What, these bakers are funneling research money into plaster bread?". He later fell back on "well what's so wrong with that??" when shown that companies did in fact use underhanded methods like that before regulations like The Pure Food and Drug Act.

So ultimately it just boils down to: Making money as fast and easily as possible is the only goal. Nothing else matters.

Other choice quotes from this kid:

He tried to claim that George Washington and all of the founding fathers were Libertarian (as in the sense of modern Right-Libertarianism which is what we know today, not the classical Libertarianism) and didn't want taxes at all, while also not knowing what the Whiskey Rebellion was or what it was about.

Defended Coal Towns and script with "Well they were still living, right?".

Studying Vikings at the moment and I am starting to think that a good portion of libertarians need to be dumped off in England at the height of viking raids to see just how fun it is to live in a society where they are not protected by the governments they so despise.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Hunt11 posted:

Studying Vikings at the moment and I am starting to think that a good portion of libertarians need to be dumped off in England at the height of viking raids to see just how fun it is to live in a society where they are not protected by the governments they so despise.

My dude are you familiar with Valhalla DRO?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

My dude are you familiar with Valhalla DRO?!

You only get to go to Valhalla if you die bravely in battle. Somehow I feel like the only thing most libertarians would be able to spill would be their own piss.

• Locked thread