Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I combined the two flipped versions and tweeted it at Zyklon Ben. I will report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
That Watchman spoof was pretty great.

When the world is scorched earth from the bomb, we'll all say we should have saw it coming.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

eviltastic posted:

So he's really rolling with this. The solution for a months-long creative death spiral is going to be ... more Clinton jokes.

I mean sure, HRC is not really a national figure right now, and there are other serious people working to make a difference that you could comment on, and Trump has proven to be an abject failure at everything he's touched but have you considered that...
They are both equally bad???

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If hunny bunny was introducing her totally-not-running-for-office kid, huggy-bunny, then we might have something to work with.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Some of you may have noticed the very occasional weird foreign cartoons posted by the couple of Taiwan goons in this thread, including myself. There haven't exactly been a ton of funny ones lately, since they mostly have to do with simple metaphors about arcane pension reform poo poo, but one of our local guys finally got around to caricaturing Trump recently:

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 27, 2017

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

These two are way too goddamn smug about expensive fruit.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
C'mon Luckovich, you're too good for the "deporting undocumented immigrants is bad, not because it's inherently wrong, but because we need to exploit their cheap labor" take.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

eviltastic posted:

So he's really rolling with this. The solution for a months-long creative death spiral is going to be ... more Clinton jokes.

We all knew it was coming. He had a brief moment of near lucidity, and it almost broke him completely. He had to slide back into the warm, comforting embrace of Her Emails eventually.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Why does the mallard change from green to black and back again every few comics? Is the green duck just being followed around by a black duck that dresses like him but does all of his manual labor for him? And I just realized what I typed. Oh lord is that what the explanation actually is?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Randalor posted:

Why does the mallard change from green to black and back again every few comics? Is the green duck just being followed around by a black duck that dresses like him but does all of his manual labor for him? And I just realized what I typed. Oh lord is that what the explanation actually is?

never seen a mallard before huh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's meant to represent the incandescence of the male mallard's head plumage. No it doesn't work

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Begemot posted:

There's a tumblr for Ye Fowl Herald. I'm not sure if it has ALL of them, but it has a lot.
Correct link for anyone interested:
http://fowlherald.tumblr.com/

Tobermory posted:

His weird obsession with Bill Buckley. His equally weird obsession with Rush Limbaugh. And the weird strawman conservative minority (who as far as I know never had an expressed ethnicity other than "asian") who thought it was totally worth it to get divorced after naming his child after Rush Limbaugh.

If you want some terrible anti-trans cartoons from the duck:
Thanks for the cartoons.

I think you might be confusing Mallard with Swillmore though (not very hard to do). I could only find two actual strips about Buckley. It would require, like, actually being able to read to be obsessed with him.

I also haven't found any strips that actually depict Rush himself.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

It's meant to represent the incandescence of the male mallard's head plumage. No it doesn't work

Ah, okay. I've seen mallards before, but I've never seen one who's head went from green to pitch black, and considering how much he seems to want to use the N-word, I wouldn't put it past him to have a second duck following his character around.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Searching for average price for apples in the US gives $1.31 per pound in 2016. If they would truly cost nearly 50 times as much without undocumented immigrants, surely this implies that said immigrants are actually quite wealthy people who subsidise the fruit by paying dearly for the privilege of harvesting them.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 27, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Kopijeger posted:

Searching for average price for oranges in the US gives $1.31 per pound for apples in 2016. If they would truly cost nearly 50 times as much without undocumented immigrants, surely this implies that said immigrants are actually quite wealthy people who subsidise the fruit by paying dearly for the privilege of harvesting them.

Drop those two words and you've got it nailed. They're not paying money.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

When people supposedly on the side of immigrants say "without illegals our fruit would be so expensive :wth:" my thought isn't that we need to keep using them for cheap labor it's wow we really pay the pickers way too little money which is criminal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm willing to be generous and say that the point of the comic is supposed to be that the working class people who hate immigrants for "taking jobs" are loving themselves over and solving nothing in the long run by supporting mass deportation as a magic bullet.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Somfin posted:

Drop those two words and you've got it nailed. They're not paying money.

Still, them paying over $60 worth of either money or labour per pound seems like an awful lot. I suspect $4-5 per pound at most is more likely if the pickers were paid a living wage, but that wouldn't have quite the same impact. Or possibly the cartoon depicts some kind of post-apocalyptic scenario where agricultural productivity has plummeted due to ecological deteroriation and produce is an expensive luxury.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 27, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lurdiak posted:

I'm willing to be generous and say that the point of the comic is supposed to be that the working class people who hate immigrants for "taking jobs" are loving themselves over and solving nothing in the long run by supporting mass deportation as a magic bullet.

I would add that the "prices going up" argument is an attempt to find a message that appeals to the "working class people" since appeals to basic human decency clearly are falling on deaf ears.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lurdiak posted:

Agreed. It's less preaching to the choir and more trying to get through some thick skulls. Considering for some people they don't care if immigrants are deported or worked to the death for pennies, they just care about themselves.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Randalor posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

the "working class people"

I heard most of them have refrigerators :rolleye:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I read that Luckovich cartoon more in reference to the fact that Trump has prepared to pull us out of NAFTA which will ruin prices on a lot of imported fruits and vegetables.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Spanish Matlock posted:

Some of you may have noticed the very occasional weird foreign cartoons posted by the couple of Taiwan goons in this thread, including myself. There haven't exactly been a ton of funny ones lately, since they mostly have to do with simple metaphors about arcane pension reform poo poo, but one of our local guys finally got around to caricaturing Trump recently:

Thank you for posting Taiwan Barry. The international perspective has always been one of my favorite things about this thread, although we don't see much of it any more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I combined the two flipped versions and tweeted it at Zyklon Ben. I will report back.

He ain't biting. I guess he doesn't want a dialogue after all.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

He ain't biting. I guess he doesn't want a dialogue after all.

When they say that, they really mean they want to hear a lot about how right they are.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 27, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"White men!"

16 :itwaspoo:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:fuckoff:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

"... who wants to gently caress you ..."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

:yeah:

Also all these "Saudia Arabian Women's Council" comics are just soooo close to self awareness that it's painful.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The United States government posted:

The EBT card can’t be used to buy hot food or anything meant to be eaten on the premises. This leaves out restaurant meals and those hot, ready-to-eat chicken dinners at the supermarket deli. You also can’t buy paper products, diapers, vitamins, beer, cigarettes or lottery tickets with your EBT card.

So, yeah, it goes without saying: no jeans. Why it's almost like Mike Lester is a wife-beating jerk who can't bother to educate himself on anything and instead relies on blaring on the dogwhistle until his cheeks are as puffy as his fat loving gut!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This is so dumb. Why did he label the wrecking ball?

Why do conservatives/lolbertarians think that cuts to corporate taxes will magically fix things instead of just funneling the money to the top? Either they are dumb or they want that to happen.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

So we're doing inhuman skintones to dehumanize people again? Neat.

I hope Mike Lester's wife finally snaps and murders him, and I hope she botches it enough that he suffers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

So, yeah, it goes without saying: no jeans. Why it's almost like Mike Lester is a wife-beating jerk who can't bother to educate himself on anything and instead relies on blaring on the dogwhistle until his cheeks are as puffy as his fat loving gut!

Yeah, it's food only, so you can't even buy toilet paper, soap, or deodorant.

Of course the people who hate people on EBT cards don't give a poo poo because they totally saw them buy a grocery cart full of chips and sodas with an EBT card. Basically those kind of people won't be satisfied until poors are rounded up and force fed gruel for all their meals.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Nice, send it to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, it's food only, so you can't even buy toilet paper, soap, or deodorant.

Of course the people who hate people on EBT cards don't give a poo poo because they totally saw them buy a grocery cart full of chips and sodas with an EBT card. Basically those kind of people won't be satisfied until poors are rounded up and force fed gruel for all their meals.

Sometimes people on EBT cards buy indulgent poo poo precisely *because* they need money for things like toilet paper and soap and diapers. They sell them to their neighbors for cash. So if you see a poor person with a trolley full of ramen, lunch meat and white bread, along with two lobsters and a birthday cake, they aren't necessarily idiots, but buying the fancy stuff for a neighbor in exchange for cash for essentials not covered by EBT.

• Locked thread