Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
What's important is that the Bulls Scout Team is the best in the league. You cannot take that away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

What's important is that the Bulls Scout Team is the best in the league. You cannot take that away.

Summer League too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP46imo2XCM

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"stay classy boston" is the new "thanks obama"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no, its not

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kibner posted:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-gordon-houston-rockets-james-harden-sixth-man/

Gordon whined and complained all the time when it was suggested to move him to a sixth man role while playing for the Pels.

Good for him that he has a much better attitude and situation in Houston. Won't stop me from being bitter that he wasn't that open-minded while playing under a max contract here.

I found it interesting in that it's a look at what goes into being a 6th man. Lots of guys who get moved are used to having the ball in their hands right at the start, so finding a rhythm might be more difficult or challenging.

Also didn't know that his youngest brother goes to my school, that's cool

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I mean in the sense that Obama actually accomplished things you should be grateful for and that Boston isn't a classy joint then yeah

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

no, its not

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Shook has passed to Under Armour

quote:

Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank admitted Thursday that sales for Stephen Curry's current signature basketball shoe have been disappointing.

"Our success in basketball hasn't been without its learning," Plank said on the company's earnings call, during which Under Armour reported its first quarterly loss as a public company. "As we launched the Curry 3 late last year, our expectations continued to run high. And while the 3 played very well on court for Stephen Curry and our athletes, a sluggish signature market and a warm consumer reception led to softer-than-expected results.

"This has created an inventory imbalance that we are working through. One that, yes, is baked into our full-year outlook which hasn't changed and, most importantly, yielded lessons we're applying ahead with the Curry 4 and beyond."

Inventory imbalance you say? I guess I better head on down to Marshall's to pick up some shoes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he made a shoe commercial to respond to twitter memes lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My suggestion to them is to make shoes that don't look like poo poo.

Wait are they trying to spin getting utterly roasted by the entire sneakerhead community as "warm consumer reception".

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have an older pair of Currys, I bought them because I have bad ankles, I regret nothing

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The hot hand is real

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I have an older pair of Currys, I bought them because I have bad ankles, I regret nothing

You coulda bought some lebron soldiers or literally any other hightop and not look like a goober :colbert:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Are the soldiers comfortable? I saw Nike is having a flash sale and they're like half off.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

zoux posted:

My suggestion to them is to make shoes that don't look like poo poo.

Wait are they trying to spin getting utterly roasted by the entire sneakerhead community as "warm consumer reception".

Warm reception means they got roasted.

^burtle posted:

Are the soldiers comfortable? I saw Nike is having a flash sale and they're like half off.

Yeah, I play in Soldier 9s and I like em.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You coulda bought some lebron soldiers or literally any other hightop and not look like a goober :colbert:

Those things look like futuristic nurse shoes

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRv_NZxzYDQ

half the defense!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Who do I have to kill to get Mario Chalmers on this team.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I loved my soldier 9s but they eventually stretched and with fewer laces my feet started to slip around a lot in them.

Soldier 10s are poo poo for playing in but look sweet.

UA clutchfit drive 2s are amazing for super tight and supportive high tops.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

straight up brolic posted:

The hot hand is real

Under Armor has the opposite of the hot hand: the ugly foot.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

^burtle posted:

Pause. Link me

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Simmons trying to start a Twitter riot in his new column.

Bill Simmons posted:

CP3 could retire tomorrow as one of the seven best point guards ever. I would rank them like this …
1. Magic
2. Oscar

3. Cousy
4. Isiah
5. Curry
6. Nash
7. Paul
(With Curry climbing and Frazier, Kidd, Stockton, GP and Russ fighting for the next five spots.)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I really hope a change in calling pump-fake -> jump-into-guy is a point of emphasis next year. It's one thing if you get the guy jumping into you as you go up for a normal shot but guys are consistently getting foul calls while jumping forward or laterally just seeking contact.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Embrace debate.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I really hope a change in calling pump-fake -> jump-into-guy is a point of emphasis next year. It's one thing if you get the guy jumping into you as you go up for a normal shot but guys are consistently getting foul calls while jumping forward or laterally just seeking contact.

"A defensive foul is not called if the offensive player initiates contact" rule would basically solve most of these types of problems.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Steph has never been better than Paul

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

"A defensive foul is not called if the offensive player initiates contact" rule would basically solve most of these types of problems.

It would also eliminate LeBron's "bull charge into defender and take two free throws" technique.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

I'm more impressed by the Stephen A Smith level of trolling in omitting Stockton.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

He definitely was last season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm more impressed by the Stephen A Smith level of trolling in omitting Stockton.

He added Stockton back in, but not before the internet yelled at him.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kibner posted:

He definitely was last season.

Yeah it's pretty silly to claim Paul was better than him last year.

LOL at Cousy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
As much as we bitch now, we see fewer fouls and fta's than in any previous era. It's always trending down.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Curry's 2016 campaign was better than any of Paul's seasons because it was maybe the best campaign in the 3pt line era.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Less offended by the homer inclusion of Cousy, who at least played in such a radically different era that you can't compare apples to apples, than Isiah Thomas, a mediocre guy who had a few good finals performances on a team with with at least 2 better players.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Jesus I didn't even notice cause I assumed he was top 2 automatically.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

Less offended by the homer inclusion of Cousy, who at least played in such a radically different era that you can't compare apples to apples, than Isiah Thomas, a mediocre guy who had a few good finals performances on a team with with at least 2 better players.

That's because he got extra credit for knowing The Secret.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think Isiah was better than this board gives him credit for, but no way should he be above Stockton, Nash, Paul, or even Kidd and GP.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

There is a generation of fans who basically automatically include him just for playing in the era he did and starting on two championship teams.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leaving Stockton out of the top 3 should be grounds for you never being able to write about basketball again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This was his list a few years ago

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/321443798360137728

• Locked thread