Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I should be clear, I like QC and think it's harmless fun, just that recent story wrapped up in a really bizarre and anticlimactic way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
qc is one of my favorite webcomics

but it pales in comparison to strong female protagonist

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hogge Wild posted:

qc is one of my favorite webcomics

Nice bait

No one is going to be stupid enough to jump on it though

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hogge Wild posted:

Most things do :respek:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So Ava's Demon finally managed to get the four protagonists in one room together.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think those annoying twins are supposed to be protagonists, too.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Someone call the burn ward, because drat Poppy and Kit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

woah poppy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Not So Fast posted:

Kids, we have a lot of fun here.

*sits in chair backwards*

But joking about self-harm isn't fun. Keep it classy.
This but unironically.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wittgen posted:

Someone call the burn ward, because drat Poppy and Kit.

Woah Poppoop

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
woah jimmy

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pick posted:

Why doesn't JJ's work cater to me, a man who mocks him for hurting himself?

Well now I know this can't be true because you're a lady who fakes slicing her scalp open to make cutting social commentary on the nature of GBS

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So Desmond Fishman enters politics what could possibly go wrong?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Settle down nerd

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

Still an improvement over our current government.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

howe_sam posted:

That was probably influenced by real events, since physically he looks very much like a prettier Steve Bannon.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

fritz posted:

The only strong opinion I have about QC is it's really gross how goons react to it.

Yeah, same.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

howe_sam posted:

"it will run until the UK has elected a new government" sounds like a threat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

I support tattoo removal tax credits.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hey, always worth an ask: are there any good webcomics with LGBT themes/characters? I know of Check Please, which is slow-updating but pretty cute, and somewhat along the lines of what I was looking for.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Teddybear posted:

Hey, always worth an ask: are there any good webcomics with LGBT themes/characters? I know of Check Please, which is slow-updating but pretty cute, and somewhat along the lines of what I was looking for.

Not going to tell you how exactly but

http://ohumanstar.com/comic/chapter-1-title-page/

O Human Star is right exactly what you want.

If you want to know why, read.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Teddybear posted:

Off the top of my head, there's Oh Joy Sex Toy, which is extremely LGBTQ, sex, and body positive, but is more of a review comic than a story comic. Aside from being extremely informative, they have a small section of links that kinda go along the lines you're asking about.

From them, I found Alfie, which has some really good artwork to it. It's set in a medieval fantasy world and is about a halfling/"havlin" girl who sets out from her rigidly traditional home village to see the world, and along the way everyone basically ends up loving everyone.

Forbidden Flora is cutely drawn, and is one of the most gender-fluid comics I've ever seen. Where Alfie has sex for that lusty hedonistic pleasure of it, FF has sex that focuses more on romance, building relationships, trust, and the bonds between the people involved.

There's a few others linked via OJST, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Do let me know what you think though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

neogeo0823 posted:

Off the top of my head, there's Oh Joy Sex Toy, which is extremely LGBTQ, sex, and body positive, but is more of a review comic than a story comic. Aside from being extremely informative, they have a small section of links that kinda go along the lines you're asking about.

Best part about this is the news articles it inspired:

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 29, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Teddybear posted:

Parallax, which I highlighted last week, is slowly unveiling itself as an LGBT-ish comic. It hasn't quite shifted from subtext to text yet, but it's a pretty safe bet it will eventually.

Also Monster Pulse straight up casually confirmed that West was gay last year and it's just been a normal background detail to his character for a long while before that.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I...I don't think they were necessarily looking for sex comics, dude.

Uh.

So Poppy O'Possum by I. Everett is popular round there parts and has queer protagonists. It's about a single mom from a hard knock life of poverty and fantasy racism, trying to raise her kid and getting swept up in comical adventures.

O Human Star by Blue Deliquanti is a more somber drama about robots and engineers and fatherhood and untimely loss. Allistar Sterling was the gruff, reclusive, and deeply closeted forefather of a new age of robotics, and his untimely death devastated his research assistant and secret lover, Brendan Pinsky. A decade later, a robot with all Allistar's memories shows up on Brendan's doorstep, ripping Brendan's heart in two. Let alone what it does to Sulla Pinsky, Brendan's artificial daughter, who...well, read the comic.

If that gets a little overwhelmingly real, take a break with Band Vs Band by Kathleen Jacques, which is pastel-colored no worries good times. Basically, what if Jem and the Holograms was textually gay instead of subtextually gay. The Candy Hearts are retro-50s local rock band led by squeaky-clean girlscout princess Honey Hart. They constantly clash with the grungy Sourballs, led by trash disaster Turpentine Lee. (Incidentally, she's in my avatar up there. Also: my heart.) Honey and Turpentine can't stand each other. They also want to make out. It's fun. Also, it has some of the best hand-lettering in all of comics.

Also, can't let you off without mentioning Lady of the Shard, a complete comic that was dropped out of a blue sky by Cucumber Quest's Gigi D.G. On a distant asteroid sits a monastery to the long-departed Radiant Goddess, savior of all life, tended by an order of devoted acolytes. But one troubled acolyte has fallen hopelessly in love with the goddess. Her world, and all worlds, are turned upside down when one day the Goddess manifests once more...

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Teddybear posted:

Band vs Band Comix is fun and cute and features a lot of gay characters

neogeo0823 posted:

opinions on OJST and Erika Moen in general are pretty divided in LGBTQ and kinkster communities, so you might draw some heat for recommending her

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Nuns with Guns posted:

opinions on OJST and Erika Moen in general are pretty divided in LGBTQ and kinkster communities, so you might draw some heat for recommending her

she's terrible

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'd agree, but I was just wanted to point that out since Teddybear was probably looking at comics that people are more positive anout

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Gutter Owl posted:

I...I don't think they were necessarily looking for sex comics, dude.

Uh.
I was wondering if I missed something or if I'm just out of touch with kids these days.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is not what you'd think of as a typical LGBT comic, but it does feature two lesbian protagonists and operates a goofy love triangle around them. Hilarious, smart, and worth reading.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I should add about Band Vs Band.

Some comics are like, Here is my one gay friend character.

But some comics are like, Heterosexuals? I mean, I've *heard* of them, but I'm preeeeetty sure they're a myth.

Band Vs Band is definitely the latter.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I will defend Always Human to my dying breath. It's first season largely deals with getting the two protagonists together and it does the smart thing of making the conflict about the ongoing day to day of the relationship rather than will they / won't they.

Also it's about Body Mods and what having a body unable to being augmented might mean in such a world which is fun.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 29, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Gutter Owl posted:

I should add about Band Vs Band.

Some comics are like, Here is my one gay friend character.

But some comics are like, Heterosexuals? I mean, I've *heard* of them, but I'm preeeeetty sure they're a myth.

Band Vs Band is definitely the latter.

Cherry might be straight? But yeah, the rest of the main cast is gay or bi/pan

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Cherry might be straight? But yeah, the rest of the main cast is gay or bi/pan

Atomic Domme's sexuality hasn't been defined yet I don't think, although she is transexual, so point still stands.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 29, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Teddybear posted:

rink twink is good

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

neogeo0823 posted:

berth ell pup

then there's ofc queercumber quest and the carla comic by the transformers guy

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 29, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Mazerunner posted:

Atomic Domme's sexuality hasn't been defined yet I don't think, although she is transexual, so point still stands.

Huh, I thought at some point the comic mentioned her having a girlfriend, but looking back the scene I was thinking of was way more vague than I remember. So yeah, it's still up in the air with her, too. My bad!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Huh, I thought at some point the comic mentioned her having a girlfriend, but looking back the scene I was thinking of was way more vague than I remember. So yeah, it's still up in the air with her, too. My bad!

yeah I could vaguely remember some author comments that Domme's up to stuff offscreen and I think that she's gonna get some focus eventually or something like that, but not quite yet I guess.

e; some other comments, in addition to the one on the page you linked, I think.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Thanks, all; I'll take a look at those and give them a shot.

• Locked thread