Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hahaha look at that X axis, holy poo poo. It's like baby's first graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
My [24F] boyfriend [32M] seems to want to erase all evidence that I ever had a romantic/sexual past before him. Am I in the wrong for thinking he's out of line here?

quote:

me: 24F, him: 32M, together 6 months
These are some stories I can tell to illustrate this issue:

About two months into us dating he said it was super inappropriate that I had old photos of my ex boyfriend and I still up on my facebook. I told him I would delete them and he said that the fact that I didn't delete them as soon as we started dating shows a lack of respect. I disagree, I kept the photos up because of the places and things I was doing in them, not because I was with an ex.

I keep condoms in my car, along with a bunch of other emergency items (benadryl, band aids, advil). I put this "emergency kit" together months before I even met my boyfriend, and forgot about it after that. He said it was "disgusting" that I was "so unsure of who I might randomly gently caress when I was single that I needed to keep condoms in my car." I had never even used a single one of them, I was just keeping them in my car to be thoroughly prepared!

We were once at dinner with his friends and somehow got on the topic of Subway sandwich toppings. I told a funny story about how an ex boyfriend used to love olives and got into an argument with a Subway employee about how many olives they put on his sandwich. Later he said I embarrassed him in front of his friends by mentioning the story about my ex, and refused to talk to me for an entire day because of it.

He frequently picks apart my words regarding this. Once we decided to make a list of things we liked about each other and read it aloud. One of my items was, "I love how smart you are. We have great conversations because of this, which is important to me because good conversation is my favorite way to bond with people." He got upset because I used the word "people" instead of "you", which he thought indicated that our relationship isn't special to me.

A few months into dating I was over at his place and he was going home to visit family the next morning. He had some work to do so I went to bed before he did and he woke me up in the middle of the night telling me he "had some questions to ask me before he could feel comfortable talking about me in detail to his family". The questions were about the details of an open relationship I was once in during college, whether or not I'd had a threesome, and how many guys had ever taken naked photos of me. I have breast implants and he also asked me if I thought it would "set a bad example for my future children."

Am I in the wrong here? What can I do or say to him that would make him feel better about these things? He is very special to me but seems to think that the fact that I've had serious boyfriends before him makes what we have not special.

tl;dr: boyfriend seems to be offended that I have a romantic/sexual past. am I in the wrong for thinking he's being too sensitive?
Run, lady. Run.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Baseless hatred of fat people is gross and very bad. Are you going to denigrate Mexicans and blacks next? :sad:

Seriouspost, the hatred of fat people on this site is loving insane and honestly pretty psychopathic.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
None of you morons are accounting for the fact that gas is unleaded now. Idiots.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Baseless hatred of fat people is gross and very bad. Are you going to denigrate Mexicans and blacks next? :sad:
Depends on how fat they are

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Seriouspost, the hatred of fat people on this site is loving insane and honestly pretty psychopathic.

Yup. The most commonly used insult by goons is "fat", which is really sad and likely self-hating!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

None of you morons are accounting for the fact that gas is unleaded now. Idiots.

it's true the slow kids are called that for a reason

Pick posted:

goons get really weirdly obsessively hateful about just about anything they spend more than five minutes talking about, and it's pretty messed up

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 27, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Anony Mouse posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [32M] seems to want to erase all evidence that I ever had a romantic/sexual past before him. Am I in the wrong for thinking he's out of line here?

Run, lady. Run.

Lady should run, but lol at the years old car-condom that will 100% rip like tissue paper the second someone thrusts.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat people can stop being fat.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

They're called corpedos for short.

Not to be confused with a corpedo, which is when you strap explosives to a corpse to use as an improvised aquatic weapon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
fat people are 100% fine. I don't care if someone's a smoker either. like whatever.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Who What Now posted:

Excuase me ever heard of Michael Jackson?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Anony Mouse posted:

Run, lady. Run.
How do these insecure weirdos even.find women to date them? What a psycho.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

doverhog posted:

Excuase me ever heard of Michael Jackson?

Who?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

fat people are 100% fine. I don't care if someone's a smoker either. like whatever.

But if someone masturbates, hoo boy!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ensign Expendable posted:

Hahaha look at that X axis, holy poo poo. It's like baby's first graph.

oh its turrible, but lol if you think im spending more than 15 seconds on this poo poo

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Who What Now posted:

It's true in almost all cases.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

But if someone masturbates, hoo boy!

The GBS Two Minutes Hate is a youtube clip of demoniusx masturbating

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

You just gotta take a shotgun approach to young, vulnerable women.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

You just gotta take a shotgun approach to young, vulnerable women.

Every woman is like a 1 in 100 chance lottery ticket only instead of winning money you get a chance to disappoint them and ruin their faith in humanity. The guy who did it to Pick seems to be really good at it.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Leon Einstein posted:

He's not insecure. He totally gets off on hearing all the slutty details and as a bonus gets to guilt her for having a past. He's 100% an abuser in the early stages. He's only screwing up by moving too fast really.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Darkhold posted:

He's not insecure. He totally gets off on hearing all the slutty details and as a bonus gets to guilt her for having a past. He's 100% an abuser in the early stages. He's only screwing up by moving too fast really.
Insecure abusers exist.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Insecure abusers exist.

Yeah. My gramma Kitty was a manipulative, abusive poo poo and she had terrible self-worth issues. Controlling the emotions and actions of those around her was her defense/coping technique.

Love you Kitty, RIP

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Insecure abusers exist.

I feel like a lot of peoples' image of domestic abusers is some kind of suavely calculating Christian Grey motherfucker when the reality is pretty much always more like, baby got five feet taller and learned to throw his rattle harder

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah, insecurity is a major reason why people abuse.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I feel like a lot of peoples' image of domestic abusers is some kind of suavely calculating Christian Grey motherfucker when the reality is pretty much always more like, baby got five feet taller and learned to throw his rattle harder

The one I knew fits that perfectly.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Anony Mouse posted:

Run, lady. Run.

She's unclean :argh:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anony Mouse posted:

Run, lady. Run.

Not that the dude isn't way out of line but I do think this is one of those unfortunate side affects of social media. Now whenever your SO is looking at pictures of your past or vice versa there will be a p clearly documented trend of past relationships.

It's not somethin you should be upset/jealous about obviously but it is kinda of a weird thing to see.

e: also telling stories specifically about your exes is kinda weird, like just say old friend or something the fact that you were riding this dude's dick is sorta irrelevant to the funny anecdote about his olive obsession at subway.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 27, 2017

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
It's really not that weird. She should be able to say ex instead of "friend" without triggering the baby.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArbitraryC posted:

the fact that you were riding this dude's dick

Holy gently caress! You mean someone had...

sex?

We really should scrub that information out of all the stories we tell! Sex is evil and we shouldn't ever talk about people in relationships!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

It's really not that weird. She should be able to say ex instead of "friend" without triggering the baby.

I mean it shouldn't trigger him and the dude's obviously got a mountain of issues she should get away from I just think it's kind of strange to talk about your exes with any regularity around your new gf/bf. Not like pretending they don't exist or anything but if I have a story that involves someone I used to date I'll usually just say "friend" cause there's no real reason not to. Only time I really mention exes is when I've specifically been asked about them or if say we're still friends and I'll be hanging out with them when visiting my hometown.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Holy gently caress! You mean someone had...

sex?

We really should scrub that information out of all the stories we tell! Sex is evil and we shouldn't ever talk about people in relationships!

I just don't see how it's relevant to the sandwich story? Like what value would be lost by just saying it was a friend rather than specifically someone you used to be romantically involved with?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ArbitraryC posted:

e: also telling stories specifically about your exes is kinda weird, like just say old friend or something the fact that you were riding this dude's dick is sorta irrelevant to the funny anecdote about his olive obsession at subway.
I really don't get why so many people get so loving weird about exes. If you're old enough to drink in the US, the odds you are ever going to be someone's first anything is vanishingly slim. Learn to be a vaguely stable adult and loving :dealwithit:. I mean sure maybe it's not of direct importance to the event but it sets the tone of the scene to know if $person_I_am_with is my girlfriend or my mom or my friend from college or some rando who chatted me up. Getting weird over "you told a story involving an ex how dare you!" is a huge :redflag: to me. No one should pretend they didn't have the relations they've had.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Anony Mouse posted:

Run, lady. Run.

There are some red flags in here though, that make this a less than reliable narrator:

- old photos of my ex boyfriend and I still up on my facebook.

- an open relationship I was once in during college

- I have breast implants

But the reality is she's just more sexually experienced, and he's an insecure manbaby who's dating someone 25% younger than him because he's an insecure manbaby.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

I really don't get why so many people get so loving weird about exes. If you're old enough to drink in the US, the odds you are ever going to be someone's first anything is vanishingly slim. Learn to be a vaguely stable adult and loving :dealwithit:. I mean sure maybe it's not of direct importance to the event but it sets the tone of the scene to know if $person_I_am_with is my girlfriend or my mom or my friend from college or some rando who chatted me up. Getting weird over "you told a story involving an ex how dare you!" is a huge :redflag: to me. No one should pretend they didn't have the relations they've had.

I think everyone's on the same page that losing your poo poo at any incidental acknowledgement of the existence of exes is nutso? But it's sort of like making GBS threads, any adult kind of tacitly accepts their partner does it but most people still don't want to hear about the consistency and corn kernel ratio

I don't really give a gently caress personally but there certainly are plenty of people out there who do, and since you won't know whether that's a conversational landmine until you've stepped on it it's a reasonable rule to just stay hazy on the specifics

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ArbitraryC posted:

I just don't see how it's relevant to the sandwich story? Like what value would be lost by just saying it was a friend rather than specifically someone you used to be romantically involved with?
It's strange to intentionally hide that info, whether it's relevant to the story or not. If my girlfriend told all sorts of stories about her friend Bill, and then like a year in I found out Bill was an ex, that's be *way* stranger than her just having described him as her ex the whole time.

I'm very ok with her having exes. I'm even ok with the thought that at some point in those previous relationships something funny or interesting happened.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Slugworth posted:

It's strange to intentionally hide that info, whether it's relevant to the story or not. If my girlfriend told all sorts of stories about her friend Bill, and then like a year in I found out Bill was an ex, that's be *way* stranger than her just having described him as her ex the whole time.

I'm very ok with her having exes. I'm even ok with the thought that at some point in those previous relationships something funny or interesting happened.

I think its moreso to avoid it being a frequent thing. to use the above example of the olive obsession at Subway, the identity of the person is meaningless. So lets say you had just told a story about your ex dealing with cars, then you also just told one about your ex and a terrible DMV trip, and now you are at Subway with your partner and they make a comment about olives, maybe you just mention an "old friend" in the story to not be bombarding them with references to your ex, which can be misinterpreted.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I think everyone's on the same page that losing your poo poo at any incidental acknowledgement of the existence of exes is nutso? But it's sort of like making GBS threads, any adult kind of tacitly accepts their partner does it but most people still don't want to hear about the consistency and corn kernel ratio

I don't really give a gently caress personally but there certainly are plenty of people out there who do, and since you won't know whether that's a conversational landmine until you've stepped on it it's a reasonable rule to just stay hazy on the specifics

.06 if you were wondering btw

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
*in front of all your friends*
It was the perfect kind of sunday morning, classes just finished so we had gently caress all goin on and plenty of time to relax. We spooned for a couple hours, just enjoying each other's company before getting some morning excercise *nudge nudge, wink* to start the day off, man she gave great head. After a quick rinse off, together of course don't wanna waste water, we went and hit up our favorite brunch place. Yeah it's this one, I never could get enough of their waffles. Anyways she was super craving some sausage, even after I spent an hour giving her mine haha, but she was just ravenous. She got her normal eggs benny but also asked for 3 sides of sausage, the waitress was like "are you sure? 3 extra sides". and yeah she wanted it, that girl just loved her sausage, crazy right? I saw you had a side of it and it just reminded me of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I think at least for me personally, I'd rather find out that "stories involving an ex" are verboten as soon as possible so I don't waste my time on someone I'd have to put a huge filter on for.