Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kefka down, all achievements in one go. Ran Orlandu/CoD/Queen/Cecil/Y'shtola. CoD for omniveil and occasional protectga (and Return, once I remembered it existed), Cecil for backup healing/focus, Y'shtola for double curajas and occasional protectga/shellga as needed. Queen was used to build up summon uses because dual wield devastate attacks x10 times per round (with 5 hits per attack). She also worked as a mana battery though i still burned an elixir, 2 hi eithers, and a chocolate. CoD and Y'shtola were the only ones under 5k health, everyone else was 5.5k or more, but CoD's defense sucked while Y'shtola had two of her TMs on. CoD had two Hydaelyn Guards though, so with Omniveil up they were immune to every element except dark.

Took for goddamn ever because the Orlandu buddy I brought had swapped their Excalibur for a Blood Sword. After Diablos/Carbuncle were used I went to DR+LB for a finisher only to find Kefka at about 40% HP which was not expected to say the least. Took another 15-20 rounds for him to use Graviga again after that at which point it was cleanup time. His ultimate melee attack hurts like a bastard too. Possibly more than Ultima did.

This is only worth considering if you don't have a good katana and blade mastery, or if you have blade mastery but your best katana is something like muramasa and you have a moonblade (or mana sword). Cid's BiS weapons will be Excalibur and the Genji Blade for awhile, with the Genji Blade only being replaced if/when we get a better Katana since Orlandu's enhancements will extend Black Lion Emblem's atk bonus to katanas.

DKS makes more sense for someone like Luneth.

Does DKS not stack with Blade Mastery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Does DKS not stack with Blade Mastery?

It does, but TGC needs to use a greatsword for his passive.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm honestly not sure how I can get him down after summoning both carbuncle and diabolos considering how loving long it takes with a non holy Orlandeau and friend Orlandeau. I managed to summon both, then I guess I did practically no damage during his weak to holy phase. Kinda annoying

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I just beat it, but won with a cheese Setzer that pretty much one shot the clown. Once I get my CoD up I guess I'll try for the other achievements.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol, stupid Esper summons

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Servaetes posted:

I'm honestly not sure how I can get him down after summoning both carbuncle and diabolos considering how loving long it takes with a non holy Orlandeau and friend Orlandeau. I managed to summon both, then I guess I did practically no damage during his weak to holy phase. Kinda annoying

5 Void Vessels after he's weak to dark.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Wow so this event is just poo poo through and through, huh? I think I'm just going to skip kefka because after trying it a few times, it's no fun.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kefka is dumb. I used Cartoon Man's Marie with Setzer with an ice weapon, Ling, Y'shtola, Noctis, and Cecil.

Y'shtola was main healer as she had curaja and dual cast. She'd pop up Shellga and Protectga too as needed but the stupid amount of damage Kefka can suddenly do usually left her on healing duty.

Marie was the other Shellga and Protectga and Love You for elemental resistance duty. CM geared her with Cura too which was helpful when I needed only a bit of healing was nice and Y'shtola could cover the more MP intensive casts. She ran out of MP a bunch of times thanks to Love You and Kefka. Her LB party-wide reflect was nice too, except once where it reflected a curaja, oops!

Cecil was the third healer and kinda tank. His LB could cover Shell and Protect in a pinch too and otherwise could smack and counter for crystals. Healers are good, Y'shtola got that stupid charm effect and Marie and Cecil had to cover healing for a while and things got dicey.

Ling was MP Battery. I tried Dance of Death for Blind but it eventually went away and I could never get it to stick again. I had her use Dance of Life for poison and blind but eventually realized somebody else was better for it and she mostly stuck to hitting for crystals and refilling MP.

Noctis was his usual do-everything self. Comeback for full raise when Kefka's swingy damage dropped somebody (usually Setzer), Cover to help with HP / MP regen, and otherwise smacking for crystals and summoning Carbuncle.

Setzer was built for ice damage and the goal was to Dice Kefka to death. With Second Knife, man killers, and an Icebrand the goal was to stall until summons then hope for the 40% Dice roll and make Kefka explode in one hit. Other times when the ice weakness was up he'd use Red Card to get crystals to drop. Mysidian Rabbit is a good round burning ability to use: It's a bit of extra HP and removes blind and poison so Ling could do MP battery things instead.

The fight feels super swingy all the time, I wish there was a way to track how many turns buffs had left, or even track what turn the fight was on for poo poo like ultimates. I bought void vessels with me too as a just in case with dice and ended up using them because dark weakness came up first. Summons take for-loving-ever to charge and there's no way Rydia would last five second in that fight too. It's also dumb how ancient content stuff is still fantastic.

Ugh, well at least Trance Terra's halloween costume is done with a creepy mask and a clown's robe :v:

e: fixed some tired angry nonsense

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Took me a good 5 or so tries. For some bizarre reason finishing with an LB was the last thing I had to do, it was annoying keeping Olive alive long enough for that.
Team was Noctis, Cecil, Snow, Yshtola, CoD and friend Olive.
Yhstola and Cecil's jobs are obvious (though I gave Cecil a black belt), Snow was just there to counter and get Charmed and Osmosed, Noctis honestly didn't do much of anything other than land a 2 turn blind and use Cover, and CoD was the linchpin with Omniveil, Return and Barrage. Olive spent 90% of the time chucking healing and ethers, with a True Shot for 50% of his health halfway through.
After buffs were up I could comfortable attack with Cecil, Snow, Noctis and CoD, so Espers were easy, but I had a hell of a rough time actually damaging him slowly to not get hit by the HP threshold attacks.

The worst part of the fight was the random Biogas. I guess it's to make up for Graviga not being Dark elemental anymore? But it feels like they always came out when my buffs were down.
I totally forgot Noctis had a full raise. I kept using Yshtola's 30% one while dualcasting, I feel like an idiot now.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 27, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I've tried Kefka twice and worrying about a limit burst kill or espers seems not at all worth the hassle for the reward. Gonna try and just burn him down with dice cause gently caress that clown.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I thought the Great Mage's Robes gave +40 MAG&SPI and +30 DEF

Turns out I read it backwards, +40 DEF and +30 MAG&SPI :negative:

It's just the Cupid's Robes with +20 DEF and +20% MP instead of +20% Dark Resistance. (and being actual robes for Shard of Genius or Dark Fina's TMR which the Cupid's Robe isn't)

This FF6 event is bad

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CyberLord XP posted:

I've tried Kefka twice and worrying about a limit burst kill or espers seems not at all worth the hassle for the reward. Gonna try and just burn him down with dice cause gently caress that clown.

The robe would be nice if I ever got a mag user who can wear robes, but the light resist doesn't seem worth bothering.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I tried Gilgamesh for my first time.

Got to below 50% and my Light/Fire/Earth Rain died the turn after I did lifegiver to friend Noctis from Bartz who helped with back up wind and thunder. Then Snow went down after Ysholta got paralyzed. I gave up after that.

I really wish I had one loving S+ tier damage dealer.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Used Toonman's Marie, got the acheivements except kill him with an LB because I was running out of MP items and was tired of waiting for him to become weak to Lightning so Olive could finish him off.

Team was Cecil w/ dual cast on Golem for provoke. Y'sholta, Lightning(to make esper orbs), Olive for damage during Lighting window, and Toonman's Marie.

Probably could have stayed on top of his clock but Kefka wasn't too hard. Lasting long enough to get the espers cast three times was tough(I hosed up and accidentially used Carbuncle again on my second charge), and I ran out of Phoenix Downs.

I'll might run him again for the 15% Light Resist but eh, probably not.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Oh holy crap, Celes's Sealing Blade prevents Kefka from dispelling himself. So you could have him full broked all fight. I kind of want to try this because any reason to use Celes is a good reason.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Oh holy crap, Celes's Sealing Blade prevents Kefka from dispelling himself. So you could have him full broked all fight. I kind of want to try this because any reason to use Celes is a good reason.

Really? That sounds hilarious.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Scrublord Prime posted:

I thought the Great Mage's Robes gave +40 MAG&SPI and +30 DEF

Turns out I read it backwards, +40 DEF and +30 MAG&SPI :negative:

It's just the Cupid's Robes with +20 DEF and +20% MP instead of +20% Dark Resistance. (and being actual robes for Shard of Genius or Dark Fina's TMR which the Cupid's Robe isn't)

This FF6 event is bad

Yeah, I went to equip it and realized Siren's Robe was better.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'll keep Marie up for another day or so, glad to see Goons making use of her to smack a clown.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BDawg posted:

Yeah, I went to equip it and realized Siren's Robe was better.

Kefka's much easier than the Dark Esper trial (unless you can cheese ifrit and siren) so I'd certainly hope their robe is better.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have 27K fish and not sure what to do. I got the Moogle, so I'm wondering if I should go for a purecryst? I have Gilgamesh and would love to upgrade his TriAttack.
On the other hand, it seems like a giant waste of time, so maybe I should get ATK15% instead? I have two of those and they're my best boosts after the one ATK30%, but honestly I'm not so sure that 5% is such a big difference.
I'm like 3% off my first Excalibur and I wanna do the story bits too.

Also is it just me or does the magic maze get more trippy every time they run the event?

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 28, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah I don't get this super weak to an element thing, I chain divine ruination and it doesn't do significantly mlre damage then just smacking him. So like, he's clearly not taking 6000% more damage or whatever. I plink away at him barely getting any orbs, he use graviga and I try to get him so I can at least get the clear, doesn't do poo poo and he casts Ultima next turn and kills me. Is there a round limit? This fight is not doing anything like what the guide says. If Ultima is his threshold is def happening before I've hit 80%.

I don't get how the guides are saying this is simple, he's like immune to everything I try the elemental weakness is barely noticeable. After banishga I hit him with CoD call of the void and again, nothing to write home about, it does damage but not a lot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I've heard his thresholds are every 10%, but I personally didn't get that far.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Is my Orlandeau supposed to have an elemental weapon for this and I just generate orbs off of other people?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yes to that last question. That's how you do any damage at all, he's only dropping his elemental defenses, and massively to boot. Divine Ruination isn't a Light attack either, so if Orlandeau is wielding neutral weapons it won't do much.

Also Kefka has massive defensive stats that only drop for a single turn after the 9th and 18th turn, which coincidentally are both an Ultima and AoE physical attack turn respectively. Or rather, it's after he uses all elements once, the turn number itself doesn't seem to matter.

What seems to be happening is people are getting unlucky with triggering thresholds around those turns and getting hit by them back to back.

If Kefka hits a threshold he'll delay casting an elemental spell till next turn. If he's used all 8 elements and hits a threshold he has no problem using his big attacks for two turns straight either.

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 28, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bad luck with the Maze for me today. 20+ runs and only got to the end twice. Most runs ended either right before or right after the 3 turtles, and I only got the LB pot once too.

hagie posted:

I've heard his thresholds are every 10%, but I personally didn't get that far.

It's 80/60/40 and alternating between his ATK and MAG ultimates every 9 turns; regardless of threshold. I almost wiped because I blew through the 60 and 40 thresholds then hit his 9nt turn.

Is my Orlandeau supposed to have an elemental weapon for this and I just generate orbs off of other people?

Yes, give him Excalibur and Genji Blade and have him sit there and do nothing until Kefka uses Graviga. Then go to town.

CoD using Call of the Void won't do a lot of damage because CoD doesn't have a great ATK, you still need to output some damage for it to work. Also are you using enough healers? I was using Toonman's Marie who could dual cast Cura, my Y'sholta, and my Cecil had dual cast. As I was doing the fight I realized I could have used Snow, Queen or Bartz in my CoD slot because CoD was not worth taking with Marie there.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Brought my level 40 5 star Setzer with icebrand, first turn Kefka was weak to ice, one usage of dice later, Kefka beat with no bonus conditions...and I might just leave it there.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also note the 40% HP threshold is actually two attacks, the physical AoE one turn followed by an Ultima the next.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Lol apparently I'm just retarded and didn't realize DR just weakens agaunst light it doesn't deal light damage on it's own. Rekt him, got the summons off. Maybe I'll try for the limit burst one later

I'm actually really bad at this game.

Though using queen to generate orbs worked pretty good in absense of having a lightning

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Bad luck with the Maze for me today. 20+ runs and only got to the end twice. Most runs ended either right before or right after the 3 turtles, and I only got the LB pot once too.

12 runs this morning, reached the end 0 times.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lol apparently I'm just retarded and didn't realize DR just weakens agaunst light it doesn't deal light damage on it's own. Rekt him, got the summons off. Maybe I'll try for the limit burst one later

I'm actually really bad at this game.

Though using queen to generate orbs worked pretty good in absense of having a lightning

I fixed my problem by making those void vessel things and just blasting his fuckin face off after rolling a billion heals to get the two esper evokes.

It would be very cool if they make the whole summon two esper requirements go and die in a horrifying fire

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Finished Kefka at around turn 38ish. That fight was loving AWESOME and the music was sick. It was pretty smooth sailing and nobody died (Y'shtola dropped to like 150 HP once though). My team was REALLY stacked: Cecil, Y'shtola, CoD, Noctis, Orlandeau + friend Orlandeau with everyone at a minimum of 5.9k HP.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Finished Kefka at around turn 38ish. That fight was loving AWESOME and the music was sick. It was pretty smooth sailing and nobody died (Y'shtola dropped to like 150 HP once though). My team was REALLY stacked: Cecil, Y'shtola, CoD, Noctis, Orlandeau + friend Orlandeau with everyone at a minimum of 5.9k HP.

How did you deal with MP? Did you just use a mess of pots?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I need 3 more holy crystals to get Setzer 1 up to 5* to continue leveling him. Should I just do maze for that?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Goon friend Seltzer carried me through ICP. Y'shtola, Cecil, CoD, Noctis, Butz, with the friend Seltzer. Didn't realize that double dice would crit when it did so I finished the clown off before I could fire a limit break, and there was no way in hell I was going to slog through 40 turns or something so that I could do the espers. I consider this as done as I'm going to let it be.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

BDawg posted:

How did you deal with MP? Did you just use a mess of pots?

Noctis's Cover kept everyone topped off. Y'sthola never went below max MP. I also had her and CoD in Vestments of the Mind for the MP regen.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I need 3 more holy crystals to get Setzer 1 up to 5* to continue leveling him. Should I just do maze for that?

I've been having really good luck on Electric Tower - Pursuit. I do run 2x Xon + Locke though. But if you need the awakening mats/cactaurs/burst pots from the maze, it's probably a better use of energy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Always do the maze.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I listed out all of the Aurora Key rewards to help us in planning:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/683znp/all_aurora_key_rewards/

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Noctis's Cover kept everyone topped off. Y'sthola never went below max MP. I also had her and CoD in Vestments of the Mind for the MP regen.

So Vestments stacks with her innate refresh. Did not know that.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You'd think I'd know, playing since launch, but what stat is best for tanks? HP or Def? Some balance of each? 70-30? All in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ended up spending about 40 energy running the electrical tower thingy to get my remaining holy crystals, but now Setzer is 5* and I can continue running Maze to level him, whee.

• Locked thread