Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Twitch posted:

Doing okay. No pets personally, but I live in a house with a cat and a dog (I live with one of my parents). About to do some high impact interval training, not sure if that's a cool hobby or not but I'm liking it.

Running is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

ethical hamjobs posted:

excuse me, are you a COUPONS & DEALS MOLE?!

if coupons and deals ever so much as touched my inbox I would be forced to not only delete my email account but probably change my name, move to a different state, and start a new life

ty nesamdoom!

sb hermit

Twitch posted:

Hi, this is my first time in BYOB in 10+ years. I'm probably just going to lurk like I do everywhere else, but it looked like I'm supposed to post here first.

I lurk here excessively, no one seems to mind

alnilam posted:

Pff, teach boy stick!

I want to learn stick... it's on my bucket list.

But I don't really want to own a car with a manual transmission

one day I'll rent a car with one of my brothers and they'll teach me how to do it

I ran that plan by them and they said it might be hard and/or expensive to rent a car with manual transmission because people might be doing it for exactly that purpose and I can see how that would put a lot of wear and tear on it

Robot Made of Meat

el dorito posted:

Learning to drive a stick isn't really that difficult. I learned at 12 because my sister's first car had a manual transmission, and I'd drive it in the driveway, or in the parking lot at her work. As to owning a car with stick, I've had some in the past, and that was neither the reason I got them, nor did it dissuade me at all from buying them.

Also, welcome to the ex-lurkers who now post!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

alnilam posted:

Pff, teach boy stick!

Boys already know stick shifting.

oh, you meant cars.

Impkins Patootie

el dorito posted:

one day I'll rent a car with one of my brothers and they'll teach me how to do it

I ran that plan by them and they said it might be hard and/or expensive to rent a car with manual transmission because people might be doing it for exactly that purpose and I can see how that would put a lot of wear and tear on it

it's da best and not hard at all, but ya if u dont have access to something to learn on then it's tough ofc

my first time was on a used Mazda RX-7 that my dad drove first and then we switched places and i proceeded to attempt to get going in 1st gear about 50 times driving around a graveyard...i didnt do so good but u eventually learn and it becomes muscle memory p much (and its really not THAT hard on the car in the process unless ur a total knob - clutches are p tough stuff)

hey hamjobs, how about a Subaru? like a XV/Forester/Outback - not sure if AWD is a necessity where-ever u may be (all wheel drive = lower mpg) but they are the finest dog haulers on da road (confirmed by my dad)

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 27, 2017

death sext

took a personality test for work and my recommended career is assassin

anyone needs anyone else maybe pinched a little hard pm me. I also specialize in gently kicking car tires when I think no one's looking

Manifisto

el dorito posted:

I learned to drive stick in an unexpected and rather stupid fashion

I was in northern argentina and decided I wanted to rent a car to get out of the city and poke around

I went to Hertz, got a decent rate, finalized my rental, and it was only upon climbing in the car that I realized it was a manual

an incredibly dumb oversight, but to be fair manual is generally not even an option anymore when you rent cars in the US, and since this was Hertz I guess I fell into a familiarity trap

a smarter person than me would have given up at this point, tried to cancel the rental or change it or something to that effect, but I was I guess stubborn and also feeling some time pressure not to waste the day and also afraid (I believe correctly) that there weren't even automatic cars available for rental

I knew a little about the theory of driving a manual, and I'd been behind the wheel of one for a few minutes many years before, but I was basically proceeding by intuition

I stalled the car many times. and other cars that I rented during the same trip, although I got much better as time went by.

the stupidest part . . . due to a mountain road being washed out by a mudslide on my route that day, I was more or less forced to drive a few other passengers back to the city. I tried really hard to beg off by explaining that I didn't know what I was doing and they were probably endangering themselves by getting in the car with me, but they didn't care, they didn't really have other options for getting around

so I had to endure the humiliation of stalling out repeatedly in front of a captive audience of strangers

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

I learned to drive stick in an unexpected and rather stupid fashion

I was in northern argentina and decided I wanted to rent a car to get out of the city and poke around

I went to Hertz, got a decent rate, finalized my rental, and it was only upon climbing in the car that I realized it was a manual

an incredibly dumb oversight, but to be fair manual is generally not even an option anymore when you rent cars in the US, and since this was Hertz I guess I fell into a familiarity trap

a smarter person than me would have given up at this point, tried to cancel the rental or change it or something to that effect, but I was I guess stubborn and also feeling some time pressure not to waste the day and also afraid (I believe correctly) that there weren't even automatic cars available for rental

I knew a little about the theory of driving a manual, and I'd been behind the wheel of one for a few minutes many years before, but I was basically proceeding by intuition

I stalled the car many times. and other cars that I rented during the same trip, although I got much better as time went by.

the stupidest part . . . due to a mountain road being washed out by a mudslide on my route that day, I was more or less forced to drive a few other passengers back to the city. I tried really hard to beg off by explaining that I didn't know what I was doing and they were probably endangering themselves by getting in the car with me, but they didn't care, they didn't really have other options for getting around

so I had to endure the humiliation of stalling out repeatedly in front of a captive audience of strangers

lol

yeah if you want to learn stick travel to basically almost any other country and rent a car there, bonus is you also get to explore that country

I recently rented a car in Chile and it had been like ten years since I'd driven stick so i stalled several times in the first few days but honestly that'll happen with any clutch you're not used to yet

Impkins Patootie

if u wanna talk public humiliation, im p sure nothing beats repeatedly stalling out a kickstart motorcycle in rush hour traffic at a busy intersection...whatev learning is life man, chill (and pls dont run over my foot) :rznv:

death sext posted:

anyone needs anyone else maybe pinched a little hard pm me. I also specialize in gently kicking car tires when I think no one's looking

yea i had to take one of those once during an interview and i tried to get out of it by telling them my MBTI (intp lol) and they obv had no idea what i was talking about cause they looked at me like i was trying to lick my own nose clean...so i had to take some personality test invented by the creator of Wonder Woman and it classified me as an 'objective thinker' (double lol) which im p sure is equiv so it was so silly

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I also learned how to drive stick in an embarrassing way.
Many years ago, when I was in college, I drove from Minneapolis to Daytona for spring break with three other people in a car with a stick. I was the only one who didn't know how to drive stick. I think I stalled it pulling away from every toll booth on the Northwest and Tri-state toll roads in Illinois. Fortunately, this was in the middle of the night. I'm sure I provided some mild amusement for the otherwise bored attendants. By the time we got to Florida I had it figured out, though. The worst part was that one of other people was my gf at the time, and she grew up out in the country where she had been driving vehicles and equipment with manuals since she was old enough to reach the controls.

Knowing how to drive stick helped me get at least two part time jobs while I was a student, and it sure made learning to ride a motorcycle much easier.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Hi, this is my first time in BYOB in 10+ years. I'm probably just going to lurk like I do everywhere else, but it looked like I'm supposed to post here first.

death sext

King of the Beach posted:

yea i had to take one of those once during an interview and i tried to get out of it by telling them my MBTI (intp lol) and they obv had no idea what i was talking about cause they looked at me like i was trying to lick my own nose clean...so i had to take some personality test invented by the creator of Wonder Woman and it classified me as an 'objective thinker' (double lol) which im p sure is equiv so it was so silly

oh, the disc personality test right? it was also sold to us under the "he invented Wonder Woman!" banner, like being good at drawing a lady tying people up might lend itself to expertly determining if you get nervous in crowds

Manifisto

Putty posted:

:wave: welcome lurker! if you pm me your paypal I will make sure you get on all the current byob mailing lists. don't worry, it's just for verification!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

death sext posted:

Sure would be a shame if someone were to park real close to my bosses car so he has to get in the passenger side after work.. just sayin, not that i would actually pm u all the bit coins totally pm'd u all the bitcoins its the black hellcat taking up 3 spots with a chillinternet.club sticker

Impkins Patootie

death sext posted:

oh, the disc personality test right? it was also sold to us under the "he invented Wonder Woman!" banner, like being good at drawing a lady tying people up might lend itself to expertly determining if you get nervous in crowds

yep that's the one!

It's certainly no socionics. :hai:

Robot Made of Meat

Page 800 looms!

alnilam

Page 800 plays the lucasarts scumm adventure game Loom

vanisher

It was a good game

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The BYOB Chat Thread. Viciously gassed and its users banned before hitting page 800.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
my best friend just caleld me a negative person. strap me down and inject sunflower juice into my veins :sad:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
negative people mesh well with positive people, it's only science

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
whoa, is that like how opposites attract? He'll yeah, i'm getting me an extreoverted smiley spouse

Impkins Patootie

Putty posted:

The BYOB Chat Thread. Viciously gassed and its users banned before hitting page 800.

what? no! why? :ohdear:

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
That PI raid. We suffer for the good of birds.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Hmm, so is this how page 800 is gonna look like?

<3 <3 Vanisher

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Guess not!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The unspeakable tortures of page 800. Yobbers getting stretched apart on racks. Hammock cat shredded into meat strings for hell violins. Not even the weed survives.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXTVepZPU8c&t=130s

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

Page 808 is gonna be dooooooope

vanisher

classic

love that show

shadynasty (does that say shady nasty?)

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Robot Made of Meat

Uxzuigal posted:

Hmm, so is this how page 800 is gonna look like?

Worry not, Ux. It will look much like this, but one more.

DicktheCat

I have literally never come in here until now. Is it truly as chill as the legends say?

City of Glompton

hello dickthecat

yes, it is very chill here

got any chill pets or hobbies?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

birds posted:

my thing went good

yee

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

DicktheCat posted:

I have literally never come in here until now. Is it truly as chill as the legends say?

Welcome to BYOB! Death is certain!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

DicktheCat posted:

we keep it real chill for sure

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vanisher posted:

classic

love that show

shadynasty (does that say shady nasty?)

me too.

shadynasty's.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie

DicktheCat posted:

does this answer ur qeustion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YVo2j5SN4

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 28, 2017