Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, Char wanted to nuke the earth to be uninhabitable hellhole to force humanity to flee to space to survive? Oh my god, gently caress all of these stupid assholes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

Wait, Char wanted to nuke the earth to be uninhabitable hellhole to force humanity to flee to space to survive? Oh my god, gently caress all of these stupid assholes!

Remember, at least half of the people who've written Gundam over the years think Char and the Zeon were absolutely right.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

Yep that was his big evil plan. It just was not a nuke it was an asteroid.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crabtree posted:

Justin_Brett posted:

I really have to wonder why the series even bothers trying to have some sympathetic antagonists when they're all on the man-eating genocidal side.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RentACop posted:

Previously in the universal century

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We vill reform humanity by destroying the earth! Its almost like Zeek Zeon himself is an oil executive!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

G Gundam finale starting now, if you wanna watch it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I mean, at least, I remembered Char's Counter Attack as some sort of desperate revenge ploy or some kind of detente that he was forced to go along with, but then again I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING BUT THE ORIGINAL, THAT MOVIE, AND OTHER UNIVERSES LIKE G AND WHATEVER ELSE WAS ON TOONAMI. But god loving drat. All of Zeon is just stupider nazism at its core.

G is still the best Gundam.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CCA is fine and was a great ending point for UC considering it ends in a literal goddamn miracle as both earth and zeon troops unite to stop the earth being killed.

Unicorn, hacky work that it is and Sunrise itself not giving a gently caress because $$$, pisses all over it and retreads the same old loving ground for no gain whatsoever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oh Snapple! posted:

CCA is fine and was a great ending point for UC considering it ends in a literal goddamn miracle as both earth and zeon troops unite to stop the earth being killed.

Unicorn, hacky work that it is and Sunrise itself not giving a gently caress because $$$, pisses all over it and retreads the same old loving ground for no gain whatsoever.

Isn't this gundam.txt?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn't this gundam.txt?

more or less but unicorn in particular annoys me because it doesn't have the decency to at least make another universe to retread that ground in

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god, it's my definition of hell: an eternal waiting room where you never get called and can't leave.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Oh my god, it's my definition of hell: an eternal waiting room where you never get called and can't leave.

it's not that they can't leave; it's that they're so enraptured by the movie that they don't want to

it's like the island of the lotus eaters for a more technological age

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

it's not that they can't leave; it's that they're so enraptured by the movie that they don't want to

it's like the island of the lotus eaters for a more technological age

I think I like the way SG-1 did it better.

Everyone gets so bored after a while, they seize on watching each other's traumatic memories over and over.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Best part of the new episode was Scaramouche being alive, everything else was pretty whatever. Honestly kinda cringed at the rave party.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait Demongo making a comeback was good too

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

G Gundam was good and you should watch it if you haven't.

Not even sick abs can stop the power of love.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The power of love is not what I was expecting it to be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/856708896379080708

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm marking out

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Every time I see the Big O the theme starts playing in my head.

We watched Big O last summer in DirtTube, its good

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

You know what I haven't seen in a long time?

The Marines episode of ATHF. It's like they keep skipping it in the queue or something.

Did they pull that episode for some reason?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 25, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cool, so this means the third season/series finale is going to replace Samurai Jack after it finishes right?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Who the hell owned Season 1 before them?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bandai owned the rights to season 1 before they went under, then Funimation rescued it a couple years ago, and I guess Toonami just got to getting the broadcast rights back. Meanwhile, Adult Swim has had broadcast rights for season 2 in perpetuity as a main producer of the season.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

Bandai owned the rights to season 1 before they went under, then Funimation rescued it a couple years ago, and I guess Toonami just got to getting the broadcast rights back.

Sentai Filmworks rescued it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
on the off chance that folks give a drat

the eyecatch to last week's Titan episode

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any interest in doing a Neil Breen movie rewatch Friday Night

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I will tear myself away from the new Gorillaz album to watch your lovely movies

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

fit em all up in there posted:

Any interest in doing a Neil Breen movie rewatch Friday Night

I'm not gonna rewatch the three we already did, but I'd probably check out the new one.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

You know what I haven't seen in a long time?

The Marines episode of ATHF. It's like they keep skipping it in the queue or something.

Did they pull that episode for some reason?

:tinfoil:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

INCOMING!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
The TOM action figure went on sale during this week's As Seen on Adult Swim streaming show, then promptly sold out in under an hour.

https://asseenonadultswim.com/collections/adult-swim-shop/products/tom-action-figure

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hope I've got one coming in the mail.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I had time to catch up on the shows I had on DVR and is magic a thing in Gundam now?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Mraagvpeine posted:

I had time to catch up on the shows I had on DVR and is magic a thing in Gundam now?

I think it's like how there's magic in Star Wars.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mraagvpeine posted:

Newtypes are basically people that can use the force, yes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This Boondocks episode is 10 years old.

Christ.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Newtypes have been in Gundam from the very beginning, they're just a UC thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Let's watch dumb poo poo tonight

• Locked thread