Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

canyoneer posted:

The old Smooth Criminal

just FYI the last big event I was at (Regionals), before the dials down the marshal specifically called out the red move/pivot wing title interaction as not permitted under the rules.
He also judged some of the System Opens and that was the ruling there too, so YMMV if you are using that in a tournament setting. I'd ask the judge before the entire thing starts.

What is the logic behind not allowing it? Looking at RAW it seems 100% legit, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
No Fun Allowed

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Those U-Wing shenanigans are hilarious.

What's better than two U-Boats? THREE U-boats!

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I shared it also. I'm told the latest FAQ says you don't get Kanan on the two straight. I can't go checking that though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I shared it also. I'm told the latest FAQ says you don't get Kanan on the two straight. I can't go checking that though.

Apparently in the FAQ it says you can't trigger card effects on that maneuver, which just seems really dumb. What possible broken interaction are they preventing, besides a turretless big ship that costs 43 points getting a 1 hard.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pretty sure that's fake news.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:ffg:

Edit: What is that, a Cylon? I didn't think we actually had a FFG emote.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Strobe posted:

Apparently in the FAQ it says you can't trigger card effects on that maneuver, which just seems really dumb. What possible broken interaction are they preventing, besides a turretless big ship that costs 43 points getting a 1 hard.

The only restriction noted is that the speed, bearing, or difficulty of the 2-straight can't be modified.

e: Oh wait, forgot that the red maneuvers thing is in errata AND rules clarifications, because why not:

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 27, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:ffg:

Edit: What is that, a Cylon? I didn't think we actually had a FFG emote.

Yep, that's a Cylon emote because we have a huge Battlestar Galactica board game community and we got gotten by FFG rules hundreds of times.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Strobe posted:

Hey guys, this incredibly dumb idea just got posted to a facebook group I'm in. Please rate it from MWG to pro-tier:

Cassian Andor + Daredevil + Engine Upgrade + Advanced Sensors + Kyle Katarn + Kanan Jarrus + Title.
Begin with title in Attack mode.
- Perform Daredevil action (via Advanced Sensors). Perform 1-hard turn in the direction you don't want to end up facing. Take 1 stress.
- Flip title, because you performed a maneuver.
- Reveal red 0-stop maneuver.
- Flip around 180 degrees (via title)
- Perform a white 2-straight (by rule, due to revealing a red maneuver while stressed)
- Flip title back to Attack (because you performed a maneuver)
- Remove 1 stress via Kanan (because you performed a white maneuver)
- Gain a focus token thanks to Kyle.

You can also kanan on the daredevil and not have to do the 2 forward i think since daredevil was changed to a white maneuver.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

banned from Starbucks posted:

You can also kanan on the daredevil and not have to do the 2 forward i think since daredevil was changed to a white maneuver.

The timing is the same as Inertial Dampeners. The stress gets added after the maneuver is complete, which locks Kanan out.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Finster Dexter posted:

The only restriction noted is that the speed, bearing, or difficulty of the 2-straight can't be modified.

e: Oh wait, forgot that the red maneuvers thing is in errata AND rules clarifications, because why not:

I'm gonna go with "Kanan procs AFTER revealing, not WHEN revealing, so it's okay" just to be a contrary rear end in a top hat. :v:

(it says move as if it were a maneuver which means it's not a maneuver so yeah no Kanan imo)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It also says "Speed, bearing, and difficult of this maneuver may not be changed" which explicitly says it is a maneuver. :v:

The problematic part is that the title happens on reveal, so no flipping around. :smith:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

'twas a nice thought, anyways.

Just wish U-Wings weren't so useless 90% of the time.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

It also says "Speed, bearing, and difficult of this maneuver may not be changed" which explicitly says it is a maneuver. :v:

The problematic part is that the title happens on reveal, so no flipping around. :smith:

BURN IT ALL DOWN AND START ANEW

A GLORIOUS X-WING 2.0 FUTURE AWAITS, COMRADES

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

This also means you can't turn around after the 0 stop. So that whole thing is wrong.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
To which I again ask: what possible exploit does that clause prevent, and why is it in there for what is seemingly the singular reason to make sure this 43 point large ship with no turret unable to 1-hard.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

To which I again ask: what possible exploit does that clause prevent, and why is it in there for what is seemingly the singular reason to make sure this 43 point large ship with no turret unable to 1-hard.

Why are you obsessed with doing one hards with the u-wing when you can use a ghost with hera and fcs and do it better.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Strobe posted:

Probably to avoid abusing interactions for what is supposed to be a fix for an illegal game state. It's less a rules interaction and more of a, "we need something or some games will just come to a halt and never resolve."

I still agree that it's also No Fun Allowed, but it's fair.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gently caress Fun, Goons.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I mean there's no reason to take that combo in any case, since Hera crew+Daredevil lets you do the same thing (Flip the Pivot Wing title twice in the same turn, so you don't lose an agility die/loudly shout to everyone "I INTEND TO DO A FLIP NEXT TURN") for much cheaper.

IronSaber posted:

'twas a nice thought, anyways.

Just wish U-Wings weren't so useless 90% of the time.

The U-Wing's problem is that they want to be a support ship, but they're too unmaneuverable, there's not any Rebel crew that actually justify taking a dedicated support ship, and the pilot abilities are universally garbage. For a while I thought there was a chance that future crew options could potentially turn it into an interesting choice... but with the upcoming Wookie Gunship, I doubt there will be any situation where you wouldn't want to pay the extra points for the side arcs and extra health.

The U-Wing is basically the poster child for why FFG should refrain from releasing ships from new movies until the movies are actually out. I know why they do it (Gotta capitalize on the movie craze), but had they actually waited for the movie to come out, they could've used it as a reference to add in side arcs or other mechanics that could have made the U-Wing worth playing, as opposed to tossing together half-baked ideas that don't mesh into a cohesive whole.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
U-Wing should have been a small ship base, no torpedo slots but can take three crew and have side arcs for door gunners.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It might be in their contract that they have to have "X product from Y movie released by Z date" or something. I doubt Disney gives a poo poo beyond "Is this making us enough money?"

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It might be in their contract that they have to have "X product from Y movie released by Z date" or something. I doubt Disney gives a poo poo beyond "Is this making us enough money?"

"You're telling me people are playing small versions of these movie ships and having tournaments? And there's dice and cards? These people are how old?"
- A Disney exec, probably

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Hey, is there an app that keeps track of X-wing ship shields, crits and dials?

If not, why?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Going for an escalation tourney next week, trying to work out my list. 60-90-120, 3 rounds only.

Round 1

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Countess Ryad (34)
Crack Shot (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Round 2

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Round 3

Academy Pilot (12)

"Howlrunner" (18)
Crack Shot (1)

Total: 120

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

My idea is to start of with some strong heavy hitters, then slowly build up a miniswarm for the endgame when the strength of individual ships is going to wane. Only question is whether I should use Ryad, or an alternative ace-type. I've also considered Vessery, but I have a feeling Ryad may be a little bit more flexible in view of her wingmates, and taking her allows me to squeeze in another crackshot. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 28, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I saw a vicious imp list at a escalation tourney a few months ago in Sydney. I can't remember the whole list. but it was Vessary with Swarm Leader + 2 other defenders and omega leader. It wrecked poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

"You're telling me people are playing small versions of these movie ships and having tournaments? And there's dice and cards? These people are how old?"
- A Disney exec, probably

And there's actually people on Reddit complaining that Disney isn't making enough innovative star fighter designs for use in TLJ to be turned into XWTMG expacks. Ya, because Disney really gives a poo poo that they're not coming up with enough stuff to be mined for their table top wargame. I get it, it's just not their priority when they make a movie.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

AndyElusive posted:

And there's actually people on Reddit complaining that Disney isn't making enough innovative star fighter designs for use in TLJ to be turned into XWTMG expacks. Ya, because Disney really gives a poo poo that they're not coming up with enough stuff to be mined for their table top wargame. I get it, it's just not their priority when they make a movie.

Having enough spaceships to sell a bunch of toys is very much a priority when making a Star Wars movie.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Everyone knows this, but their concern isn't to make spaceships that can be specifically used in X-Wing The Miniature Game.

Nobody cares if a tabletop wargamer doesn't think the new A-Wing does or doesn't look innvovative enough because Disney can show something, anything, spaceship or otherwise on screen for half a second and turn it into something someone somewhere will buy.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

Um doesn't the red text make Hera crew unusable? Lol ffg.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
There is going to be a few new ships for TLJ. A new badass looking tie interceptor photo was leaked ages ago.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

There is going to be a few new ships for TLJ. A new badass looking tie interceptor photo was leaked ages ago.

No black T-70 for Poe though :rip:

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

hoiyes posted:

Um doesn't the red text make Hera crew unusable? Lol ffg.

Nah. Hera's not an effect that has to resolve. "You may..." is not "When you..."

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just played a few games with Jess/Nora/Sharna vs a Miranda list.

I won, but gently caress that noise. It was so boring chasing down Miranda as the last ship every game. Only friggin reason I won was because I had 2 ships left and could eventually box her in. Hell I had R2D2 and felt shame. It is just a boring, boring play style. I really hope the Stresshog/Biggs/Miranda list does not make it to the top 4 at world's otherwise we are going to be drowning in this poo poo at tournaments. I hope the ship carrying the K-Wing reprints gets nuked by North Korea.

I really wanted to take a competitive rebel list to the AUS Open, but I think I would rather punch myself in the balls. gently caress it Scum4Lyfe

I've watched tourney stream again of the Heaver list flying against Mindlink lists. I really think mindlink lists should be able to fight it. Bad starting positioning at the start seems to be problem #1. The stress hog is always going to be the first ship deployed and you drat well know that Biggs and Miranda are going right next to it. The mindlink list (let's say 2 J5K and Fenn with inspiring recruit instead of 4lom) should set up directly across with Fenn set up so he can hang in the back for a bit. The J5K move balls out to get into TL range and laugh at the stress due to the recruit. Fenn hangs out of range being the focus monkey till Biggs gets nuked then everyone ignores the y-wing and takes Miranda out behind the woodshed. She can try to run but as soon as she does she will have Fenn on her flank.

gently caress it, I want that list to win World's next week so I can beat the poo poo out of it repeatedly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Agreed on all counts.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Someone paint me a neon interceptor that looks like the one at the end of this video plz tia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKMSdsdjqWI

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Raged posted:

Just played a few games with Jess/Nora/Sharna vs a Miranda list.

I won, but gently caress that noise. It was so boring chasing down Miranda as the last ship every game. Only friggin reason I won was because I had 2 ships left and could eventually box her in. Hell I had R2D2 and felt shame. It is just a boring, boring play style. I really hope the Stresshog/Biggs/Miranda list does not make it to the top 4 at world's otherwise we are going to be drowning in this poo poo at tournaments. I hope the ship carrying the K-Wing reprints gets nuked by North Korea.

I really wanted to take a competitive rebel list to the AUS Open, but I think I would rather punch myself in the balls. gently caress it Scum4Lyfe

I've watched tourney stream again of the Heaver list flying against Mindlink lists. I really think mindlink lists should be able to fight it. Bad starting positioning at the start seems to be problem #1. The stress hog is always going to be the first ship deployed and you drat well know that Biggs and Miranda are going right next to it. The mindlink list (let's say 2 J5K and Fenn with inspiring recruit instead of 4lom) should set up directly across with Fenn set up so he can hang in the back for a bit. The J5K move balls out to get into TL range and laugh at the stress due to the recruit. Fenn hangs out of range being the focus monkey till Biggs gets nuked then everyone ignores the y-wing and takes Miranda out behind the woodshed. She can try to run but as soon as she does she will have Fenn on her flank.

gently caress it, I want that list to win World's next week so I can beat the poo poo out of it repeatedly.

Which mindlink list are you talking about?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

banned from Starbucks posted:

Someone paint me a neon interceptor that looks like the one at the end of this video plz tia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKMSdsdjqWI

I posted my tropical mango interceptor a while back but this is also good. I might do this for another interceptor or the FO fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Can I just have a Sabine's Captured TIE Interceptor and a Captured TIE Defender?

• Locked thread