Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Black August posted:

Only if he does it while playing with Bulla and she tries to copy him

Vegeta: GALAXYYYYYYYYYYY...IMPACT!

Bra: :mad:

Vegeta: Hmmm, how about...COSMIC BURNER!

Bra: :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Funky Valentine posted:

Vegeta: GALAXYYYYYYYYYYY...IMPACT!

Bra: :mad:

Vegeta: Hmmm, how about...COSMIC BURNER!

Bra: :dance:

I will not be satisfied until Goku and Vegeta have given up on their sons to instead pit Bulla and Pan against each other in order to one day surpass god

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Black August posted:

I will not be satisfied until Goku and Vegeta have given up on their sons to instead pit Bulla and Pan against each other in order to one day surpass god

:sigh: Some day...

Either that or SaiyaFamily.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Black August posted:

I hope Marron will be there to support them.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mraagvpeine posted:

I hope Marron will be there to support them.

MARRON WILL STAND THERE TO TOPPLE THE TEMPLES OF GOD ALONGSIDE SON AND BRIEF, AND 17 IS THE PROPHET OF THIS FORECOMING

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black August posted:

Only if he does it while playing with Bulla and she tries to copy him

... and succeeds firing his attacks, leaving him to wonder if both he's just a little wimp who earned Super Saiyan out of pity 'cos he's got weak genes and if Bulma's genes are godly (they are, just look at her).

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

I liked when Goku sprouted arms out of his back after tien did it, he should do that again but with current power level x arms instead of like 103

That wasn't copy of Tien's attack but the black dude's move (King Chappa or something) from the preliminaries.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

Super needs an episode devoted to Vegeta prepping for the tourney by brainstorming new attack names.

So a rehash of the Trunks and Goten time chamber episode?

Or just the DBZA Piccolo joke?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

So a rehash of the Trunks and Goten time chamber episode?

Or just the DBZA Piccolo joke?

Yes, it's funnier with Vegita.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Super-fans seem to crave so many things that Toriyama made fun of in DBZ, like ridiculous posing, goofy attack names, fusion, kids trying to save the world, women trying to be fighters, Gohan...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Super-fans seem to crave so many things that Toriyama made fun of in DBZ, like ridiculous posing, goofy attack names, fusion, kids trying to save the world, women trying to be fighters, Gohan...

Jesus loving Christ you are reprehensible.

Also most of these he straight up emulated, didn't so much make fun of.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

Jesus loving Christ you are reprehensible.

Also most of these he straight up emulated, didn't so much make fun of.

whoosh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Stairmaster posted:

it was actually really loving stupid hth

yeah and it ruled

if you're not watching this show for really loving stupid poo poo I'm not sure what you're doing here

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Like all men I'm watching it to learn how to get huge and become a martial arts master.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah and it ruled

if you're not watching this show for really loving stupid poo poo I'm not sure what you're doing here

If you see Trunks absorb the power of a spirit bomb and turn it into a giant spirit sword and think "This is stupid" then I have absolutely no idea why you'd watch a show like this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to post that you think it's stupid on a messageboard apparently

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Momomo posted:

If you see Trunks absorb the power of a spirit bomb and turn it into a giant spirit sword and think "This is stupid" then I have absolutely no idea why you'd watch a show like this.

It was the perfect pay off for years of him using swords ineffectively (after you know killing a father and son on a day trip to earth).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Such a shame it didn't work and everyone who believed in Trunks was wiped from existence.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sassassin posted:

Such a shame it didn't work and everyone who believed in Trunks was wiped from existence.

Vegeta was right there.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rudoku posted:

Vegeta was right there.

Only Bad Dad Vegeta was deleted.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

the first few tournaments painted goku as a really clever fighter but dbz is more about hitting each other really fast and shooting lasers than it is about that stuff

which is why this tournament with rules that the heroes can't just walk out on is interesting. I'm not expecting goku vs jackie chun levels of fun and inventive moves but that's fine

Goku is ridiculously clever in a fight, he just doesn't really waste time coming up with goofy moves when his normal repertoire works fine. His cleverness comes from being basically a savant at seeing through his opponents' tricks and gimmicks so he can counter them with his own significantly more basic moveset. This is why the Hit fights are so cool, because Hit is functionally unbeatable with simple brute force so Goku has to do completely insane things like literally defibrillate himself with a ki blast after Hit kills him simply to try to figure out how to get around Hit's moves so he can apply Kamehameha to Hit's face.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Man, the manga is a really really lovely fanfic

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It has a few neat ideas but overall is very lifeless feeling

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kanos posted:

Goku is ridiculously clever in a fight, he just doesn't really waste time coming up with goofy moves when his normal repertoire works fine. His cleverness comes from being basically a savant at seeing through his opponents' tricks and gimmicks so he can counter them with his own significantly more basic moveset. This is why the Hit fights are so cool, because Hit is functionally unbeatable with simple brute force so Goku has to do completely insane things like literally defibrillate himself with a ki blast after Hit kills him simply to try to figure out how to get around Hit's moves so he can apply Kamehameha to Hit's face.

And then for the finale he just powers up so much he can punch through dimensions.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Super so far has been a string of goku fighting guy, "heh heh ive figured it out", then goku gets real.
And to be honest im really enjoying fight-savant goku.

^^"Beerus, ive seen you do it before but now that ive had some time to think about it, and saw Zen-chan do it.....its really quite simple isnt it" *powers up to start erasing poo poo*

"Eehhh but its a bit boring isnt it"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Welp

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

And then for the finale he just powers up so much he can punch through dimensions.

Well, he had to figure out that Hit was hiding himself in another dimension first.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTjLt-OUtcc

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

yikes!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Truly his wisdom is from a higher plain than us mere ningens.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

I miss the days when Abridged was a separate thing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

This is great.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So I'm guessing Zamasu possessed the body of Big Boss somewhere along the way?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mmkay posted:

So I'm guessing Zamasu possessed the body of Big Boss somewhere along the way?

That Super Shenron did not gently caress up Zamasu's wish, forcing him to keep swapping to different bodies until he finally got the right one as the Kai's anger grew, is a goddamn crime

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't know why people get so upset when it's pointed out that Akira Toriyama has issues with women.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

sassassin posted:

I don't know why people get so upset when it's pointed out that Akira Toriyama has issues with women.

you gotta work on your delivery

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Who did?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Dragonball was always goofy

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ekusukariba posted:

You say about a series where a major character won a fight because halfway through he realized he's drawn without a nose so his opponent's gimmick stops working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Super are all different shows with distinct tones.

• Locked thread