Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dentist toy box posted:

Pk Jr kicked a guy in the balls after a Nascar race once. It runs in the family.

And nursed those balls right back to health later that night if Flavio's comments are anything to go by (?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Since y'all want to see men grabbing dicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTxc6K3vs8&t=152s

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hahaha omg

like is this the troll Tony thread? French food is rubbish? What the gently caress.. Americans and English telling the French they can't cook.. THE WORST THREAD. I don't know how you guys manage to do it but you can rile me up pretty much with every drat thing you say. It's all so loving stupid.

Go to Nice or Calais and have a quiche. Then jump on the ferry and go have bangers and mash in a ye olde pub. If you have actually done these things in your life and you still hold those opinions, well, we share a biology but that's about it and there no point me talking to you. It's like jazz, if you need it explained you'll never get it.

I loved this picture that came out around Brexit time, called something like.. English food following Brexit

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't think it was an Amarican making GBS threads on the French you crazy racist

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh was it just a Englishman making GBS threads on the French? Oh well then, it's not like I'm going to have any impact on that so forget it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Australians willingly put pineapple and beetroot on burgers, so their culinary opinions are void

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Everyone was forgetting your opinion anyway.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

British making fun of the french? oh my that's never happened before.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Australians willingly put pineapple and beetroot on burgers, so their culinary opinions are void

I'll gently caress with a teriyaki burger with pineapple and jalapenos.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
heh no this is where being a half-caste rules, I'm Italian when it comes to food but Australian when it suits me

Anyways, Russia eh? Man it's a lovely track. Literally lets make a sight seeing voyage around Sochi, make sure it goes in front of this and that, with no regard for actually making a decent track.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Piquet grabs nipples and dicks and kisses guys and drifts around Senna while flipping him off. He's pretty much the greatest champion.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Piquet grabs nipples and dicks and kisses guys and drifts around Senna while flipping him off. He's pretty much the greatest champion.

Agreed.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This is A Good Post.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tony Montana posted:

hahaha omg

like is this the troll Tony thread? French food is rubbish? What the gently caress.. Americans and English telling the French they can't cook.. THE WORST THREAD. I don't know how you guys manage to do it but you can rile me up pretty much with every drat thing you say. It's all so loving stupid.

Go to Nice or Calais and have a quiche. Then jump on the ferry and go have bangers and mash in a ye olde pub. If you have actually done these things in your life and you still hold those opinions, well, we share a biology but that's about it and there no point me talking to you. It's like jazz, if you need it explained you'll never get it.

I loved this picture that came out around Brexit time, called something like.. English food following Brexit

Is that a stoffel vandoorne on top of the coffee cup?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

Is that a stoffel vandoorne on top of the coffee cup?

I believe it is. Good eye.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Love me a stoffel and coffee

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

dentist toy box posted:

Pk Jr kicked a guy in the balls after a Nascar race once. It runs in the family.

Come to think of it, one of the jokes I posted was about Piquet's attempted dick-kicking on Eliseo Salazar after being taken out at Germany in '82. The same GP where Pironi ended his career...jeez, what loving didn't happen in 1982? Whoever it was who was talking about watching Switzerland 82 a few pages ago, lots of luck to you, I don't think I could stomach doing a rewatch of that season. Once was enough.

Khablam posted:

Since y'all want to see men grabbing dicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTxc6K3vs8&t=152s

gently caress yes, thread delivers as always. To be fair, who wouldn't try to cup Prost's balls if given the chance and the clout to get away with it?

Seconded along with 1500quid.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I mean, cmon. This might be the best video on YT, Are Nelson up to no good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNcOdgg4j1c

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Meanwhile, in F1;

Haas ditches Brembo brakes and goes with Carbone Industries instead:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-switches-to-carbone-industrie-brakes-for-russian-gp-898454/?s=1

Does this mean Grosjean will finish a race?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Those side pod inlets are phenomenal. There's so much detail in them!

Oh we're talking about food now?

Dazza spaisi mittabol!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

And nursed those balls right back to health later that night if Flavio's comments are anything to go by (?).

Actually in the most NASCAR murican fashion 2 crew members from the other guys car got arrested for assault in the RV parking lot. But It still checks out.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its sad that Eliseo Salazar is Chile most famous driver. Juan Zanelli actually won Grand Prix and fought in WWII alongside Williams.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 28, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

I mean, cmon. This might be the best video on YT, Are Nelson up to no good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNcOdgg4j1c

quote:

This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
Bernie strikes back from beyond the grave

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Meanwhile, in F1;

Haas ditches Brembo brakes and goes with Carbone Industries instead:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-switches-to-carbone-industrie-brakes-for-russian-gp-898454/?s=1

Does this mean Grosjean will finish a race?

I wonder if these will perform any better given that brake tech is effectively locked out by all the regulations on materials and whatnot. Seems like a weird place to start given that Brembos are an industry standard but if I'm wrong, someone enlighten me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bernie strikes back from beyond the grave

That mother ffffffffff :argh:

Try this link? https://youtu.be/2JYEVoybF84

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh yeah that works but I've already watched it like 10 times.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Oh yeah that works but I've already watched it like 10 times.

Same.

Also may use this to pad out my hour long kart presentation, this is just like university all over again.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

I wonder if these will perform any better given that brake tech is effectively locked out by all the regulations on materials and whatnot. Seems like a weird place to start given that Brembos are an industry standard but if I'm wrong, someone enlighten me.

Brembo as a whole has had problems recently.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Brakes have always been a major thing for Grosjean he's very sensitive to their behaviour and seems to be his weakness. I remember during his first stint debut at Renault that was a major thing for him too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, and given he's their best driver, I think they're playing to him. K-Mag getting points though also is sweet.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Didn't Mercedes try Brembo last year and found out they were crap? I seem to remember Lewis having brake issues.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Funzo posted:

Didn't Mercedes try Brembo last year and found out they were crap? I seem to remember Lewis having brake issues.

Bad is better than exploding.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How can Brembo make bad brakes? Brembo like is brakes. Like all brakes are Brembo. If they're not Brembo they're lame.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How many cars are using those same brakes?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This is just what I was Googling. I reckon most of the field would be running Brembos, which means the problem isn't the brakes but Haas.

Trying to find a source though..

edit: yep, there you go.

https://www.motorsport.com/all/photo/main-gallery/ferrari-sf70h-front-brake-detail-12349017/?a=892572

You can just read the Brembo on the caliper, which is at the bottom for some F1 reason. So Ferrari runs Brembos at least and is competing for the title. Does Haas need someone fluent in Italian to translate the directions on the box? Same dude could translate radio messages too.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 28, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

How can Brembo make bad brakes? Brembo like is brakes. Like all brakes are Brembo. If they're not Brembo they're lame.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

the caliper, which is at the bottom for some F1 reason.

lowering the cog.

Tony Montana posted:

So Ferrari runs Brembos at least and is competing for the title. Does Haas need someone fluent in Italian to translate the directions on the box?

Brembo's have been eating poo poo recently and Ferrari's R&D budget just for brakes is probably bigger than Haas' entire chassis budget. I do think part of it is Haas being new to the game and not having the experience to have some solutions they've been through before to bandaid fix the issue, but the issue is fundamentally a Brembo one. The only other issue would be brake fluid and that would've presented itself under the CI brake test.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Didn't Moto GP recently have some brake fiasco?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You may be thinking of the wet tires which were losing chunks of tread during the race and would probably send Red Bull into full on meltdown and asking for a pure aero formula if it happened in F1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Of course. The calipers would count for a good percentage of the overall weight of a wheel assembly, minus the wheel. Moving it from the side to the bottom is exactly the sort of fractions of a percent that F1 is all about.

• Locked thread