Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Aranan posted:

They're all posting in other subforums about how weird and awkward Soulex is.

No. I am absolutely crazy and this was a thing actually for a while before I got my PTSD symptoms under control.

So yeah. For a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've been to several "goon meets", one of which was a TFR meetup in Texas. Everyone was pretty chill and cool, everyone had a good time.

The others are more groups of friends that also happen to be goons but I've never had a bad experience meeting internet folk in person.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Two of my best friends are people I met via this forum. Truly a testament to how malajusted we are

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
My best friend who I've known since elementary school are goons too, we all discovered SA together or one of them found out about it I don't remember. Before that we were posting on GenMay which was an offshoot of the HardOCP forums. Met some TFR goons when I went shooting with them and my buddies, and then some other time in Vancouver when I was home on leave from Iraq or some junk I can't remember if they were actually goons or not. So, somehow I met some pretty alright dudes without encountering the weirdos. lol remember that video of lowtax and all the cringey goon hangers-on meeting his now ex girlfriend at the airport? Jesus Christ that was uncomfortable to watch. I can't talk much poo poo because I was a pretty cringey weirdo dork back then too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I should clarify that the TFR shoot wasn't bad as far as weirdos. Just a massively unsafe range I would never repeat now that I'm not a death-denial teenager.

There was some "problematic" painting of cars overnight. Some ironically racist, one just covered in jizzing dicks all over.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah and MaxPowers I met him when we both worked at target before I made the dumb decision to join the army and he went marine corps. I'm a terrible person and haven't gotten off my rear end to go say hi to you dude even thought we don't live far from each other.

Edit: also Slim Pickens when I somehow got his polonium shirt but he probably thought I was a weirdo haha, he seemed like a cool dude though.

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 27, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

I should clarify that the TFR shoot wasn't bad as far as weirdos. Just a massively unsafe range I would never repeat now that I'm not a death-denial teenager.

There was some "problematic" painting of cars overnight. Some ironically racist, one just covered in jizzing dicks all over.

I lucked out and the three goons with us I didn't have to worry about gun safety.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
In early 2010 I got a message from The Rat saying he saw a dude wearing a McNally name tag and wearing a shoulder holster at the PX at VBC earlier that day.

I told him that I was wearing a McNally name tag and a shoulder holster when I was at the PX at VBC earlier that day.

That's the story of how I almost met another goon when I was in Iraq.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Almost forgot, I met Micromancer for breakfast at a Waffle-House in Bumfuck, Tennessee while driving across the country a few years ago. He's good people.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that the dude from the infamous TFR picture?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

Yep

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Terrible Robot posted:

Almost forgot, I met Micromancer for breakfast at a Waffle-House in Bumfuck, Tennessee while driving across the country a few years ago. He's good people.

He and I were gonna do the same thing when I was driving through Bumfuck, TN, but something threw off the scheduling so I didn't get to meet him.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

McNally posted:

He and I were gonna do the same thing when I was driving through Bumfuck, TN, but something threw off the scheduling so I didn't get to meet him.

That's a shame, IIRC I almost missed out on meeting him as well because I stopped at a gas station and took a nap around 4am. He'd been awake for like 30 hours or something when I got to his area, but he still came out to chill and discuss the best topping combos for Waffle House hashbrowns. :3:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

You mean the hairy guy in the thong with all the guns?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's the one!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Played some online video games with him. Real chill, pretty good at Forza. Would take Datsuns with lawnmower engines on a race up Japanese mountains again.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

McNally posted:

In early 2010 I got a message from The Rat saying he saw a dude wearing a McNally name tag and wearing a shoulder holster at the PX at VBC earlier that day.

I told him that I was wearing a McNally name tag and a shoulder holster when I was at the PX at VBC earlier that day.

That's the story of how I almost met another goon when I was in Iraq.

Did you just dox yourself

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I've only met two goons, Mel Mudkiper from TFF since I moved to his hometown and the guy that got the TFR classifieds to close after he got into a dispute.with blind gun dealer over a Browning Hi Power stock. Oh and I think I bought a 9mm AR 15 barrel from McNally.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 27, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I hung out with lowtax (<--- subtle humblebrag)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Woof Blitzer posted:

I hung out with lowtax (<--- subtle humblebrag)

??

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Jealous? Bitch?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Haha that picture is funny cause Lowtaxs life is probably wayyyyy sadder than the goon he's sneering at.

Although not as sad as the people who greeted him and his mail order bride at the airport. Not by a really long shot

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I became a goon because I ended up playing War Thunder with some loving nerds, and years later the other goon showed up to my BCT graduation and it was creepy.

Other goon still does my taxes and sends my wife gifts, like the handbag she uses all the time.

It's weird.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 28, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Okay I take it all back you were made for the Army and it was made for you

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hey don't judge, free handbags!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

if your a goon just lol

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

Did you just dox yourself

o poo poo

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I met Deathy Mcdeath once in Rawah. That is, I woke him up after his shift to sat WHATUP or something. poo poo was like 11 years ago at this point.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I blew the rat in a portashitter in ali all salem and he kept saying WH40k poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
and i liked it

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I met a few goons at DLI. We called each other dumb nerds, got hammered and acted like normal loving human beings.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

HERESY GROWS FROM IDLENESS

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

HERESY GROWS FROM IDLENESS

lmbo :roflolmao:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Rat posted:

I met Deathy Mcdeath once in Rawah. That is, I woke him up after his shift to sat WHATUP or something. poo poo was like 11 years ago at this point.

I have a problem where I associate people with their avatars so much that it kinda fucks me up when they don't look like them.

For instance, Deathy always looks like SGT Chowdown in my minds eye, and HCT looks like Freddy Mercury.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I blew the rat in a portashitter in ali all salem and he kept saying WH40k poo poo

The shawarma stand owned on Ali.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

I have a problem where I associate people with their avatars so much that it kinda fucks me up when they don't look like them.

For instance, Deathy always looks like SGT Chowdown in my minds eye, and HCT looks like Freddy Mercury.

Sup

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I meet some goons every year when I go to GenCon. We usually all just get super loving drunk and make fun of the people inexplicably goonier than ourselves. Like, very drunk. 80?% of them are normal looking people who just have a dead gay forum in common. The other 20% are literal caricatures of goon stereotypes that I SWEAR TO GOD do not know how to have normal human conversations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Who doesn't like soft serve?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Wasabi the J posted:

I bet my representation in your minds eye is flattering. ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I bet my representation in your minds eye is flattering. ;-*

The great Gazoo. I'm not even joking. I'm getting probated by a half drunk green Martian.

I don't know what shimazu looked like.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 28, 2017