Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Millions posted:

The New Nintendo 2DS XL

I thought this was a joke when it popped up on my YouTube.:lol:

Nintendo is the weirdest loving company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lord Harbor posted:

I saw Target's obnoxious Mario Kart display at the front of their store and checked to see if they had any consoles. Lucky me, there were two left, so I'm now the proud owner of a Switch and Zelda. This was probably a terrible decision right before finals week.

Oh, it's fine just open it play for like half an hour. I'm sure a quick break is what you really need from all that studying. What's the worst that could happen, eh?

edit:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Quit school to upload videos of you playing Zelda full time.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Open the box now and binge it as fast as possible so you run out of content after not sleeping for 120 hours straight, then study for your finals.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hot drat i am gonna go home tonight and just race around some mario kart tracks like a total maniac

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Lord Harbor posted:

I saw Target's obnoxious Mario Kart display at the front of their store and checked to see if they had any consoles. Lucky me, there were two left, so I'm now the proud owner of a Switch and Zelda. This was probably a terrible decision right before finals week.

Take it with you to finals.
Play Zelda during the test while staring down your professors.
Ace every class.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Look at all these sad, thirsty, jealous Kart-less bitches trying to throw shade on international market players.

It's ok. Just a little while longer, you can join the party that has already started without you.

Am I doing this right?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

lol good luck selling your mario kart 8 deluxe digital copies

oh wait

:911:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Feenix posted:

Look at all these sad, thirsty, jealous Kart-less bitches trying to throw shade on international market players.

It's ok. Just a little while longer, you can join the party that has already started without you.

Am I doing this right?

I think your doing it right cause it made me feel really bad and sad :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Millions posted:

The New Nintendo 2DS XL

Something something corncobs

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Probably going to get buried in Kart chat, but: Kamiko's dece for a $5 game. Cute, got some puzzle bits, whoever said "Hyper Light Zelda" was pretty accurate with the former's aesthetic and the latter's 2D top-down control/combat setup. Short, but not bad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm coming to this thread 400 pages behind. Have they fixed the left joycon disconnect issue?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I think your doing it right cause it made me feel really bad and sad :(

My friend just know that when you wake up tomorrow you're waking up to a world that has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch Entertainment System available to you and me and every other good American Citizen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For those of you that might have been hoping that Nintendo's big live Switch conference might bring more live presentations, Nintendo is once again skipping E3. I'm sure the Direct they do will have some good stuff though, but I do miss presentations. They just never did them after the big Wii U one.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 28, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was hoping there was a preload option. This better be able to download in the time between me waking up and going to work. I need to play Mario Kart 8 in my car.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Probably going to get buried in Kart chat, but: Kamiko's dece for a $5 game. Cute, got some puzzle bits, whoever said "Hyper Light Zelda" was pretty accurate with the former's aesthetic and the latter's 2D top-down control/combat setup. Short, but not bad.

I gotta remember to pick that up when I get the chance. It seemed simple but the movement looked nice and the combo system was neat.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friend just know that when you wake up tomorrow you're waking up to a world that has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch Entertainment System available to you and me and every other good American Citizen.

You put a smile on this good ol American boy just now! A strong American will always wait for the best, and tomorrow it comes!

:911:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I bought Mario Kart then sold it while I went to work so my money could accumulate interest.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

For those of you that might have been hoping that Nintendo's big live Switch conference might bring more live presentations, Nintendo is once again skipping E3. I'm sure the Direct they do will have some good stuff though, but I do miss presentations. They just never did them after the big Wii U one.

I can see why since E3 live presentations are super embarrassing 80 percent of the time. I'm sure the Scorpio reveal with more than make up for it with unintentional comedy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm coming to this thread 400 pages behind. Have they fixed the left joycon disconnect issue?

A piece of conductive foam against a component.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dehry posted:

A piece of conductive foam against a component.

And Nintendo will add that to yours for free if you have the issue.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Dang, I didn't expect to luck into picking up one of the Switches they had on Amazon today. I GUESS I'll start buying games. I'm pretty on the fence about Mario Kart since I didn't get my money's worth out of the Wii U version, but I guess this time I'll be at an office with a bunch of people who have Switches of their own. I guess I have a week or so to decide.

The other must-haves are Puyo, Snipperclips, and Zelda, right? Plus, what accessories do I need to look into getting? I like the look of the ADVcer case and I already have a screen protector, but are there charging gadgets or anything I want to have ready to go?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow I thought the 2DS XL was a joke lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
snipperclips isnt actually very good

its about 2 hours long and a third of the puzzles are more tedious than fun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I wanted to give Nintendo my money for Mario Kart but the eshop won't let me

gently caress.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bed time, I wake to a glorious new world. Namaste~

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

orenronen posted:

You change languages in Switch games that support multiple (which is most of the ones that have been released internationally, PPT being the only exception as far as I can tell) by changing the Switch's system language in preferences. No one has language options in-game.

Well, I'll be damned and stand humbly corrected.
I could've been playing Zelda in English this whole time rather than the original JP.
I just now discovered 1-2 Switch is also multi-language at the system's language preferences level.

Fast RMX Racing wasn't (obviously other languages have to coded in), so that threw me.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Consummate Professional posted:

Wow I thought the 2DS XL was a joke lol

Same, it looks arguably better than the 3ds xl why the gently caress am I going to drop 150 bucks on a dying console, library be damned, especially when I already got this here switch that does the same goddamn thing and was twice the price.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HyperPuma posted:

try making some friends lmbo

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly if the new 2ds xl was 100 bucks I'd consider it more but 150 bucks for a console with no game bundled in is not worth it, espeically with very few new big games coming out as its near the end of its life cycle with the Switch looking to consume both Nintendo's handheld and console market.

Also Snipperclips sucks by yourself but with someone else, of ANY level of video game ability, is super fun as you try to gently caress each other over or get tasks done. It's a good cooperative experience and there's a reason its the #1 eshop selling game, besides the fact it's like the only switch digital exclusive until Kamiko.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 28, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I was hoping there was a preload option. This better be able to download in the time between me waking up and going to work. I need to play Mario Kart 8 in my car.

please don't play video games while driving

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Meldonox posted:

Dang, I didn't expect to luck into picking up one of the Switches they had on Amazon today. I GUESS I'll start buying games. I'm pretty on the fence about Mario Kart since I didn't get my money's worth out of the Wii U version, but I guess this time I'll be at an office with a bunch of people who have Switches of their own. I guess I have a week or so to decide.

The other must-haves are Puyo, Snipperclips, and Zelda, right? Plus, what accessories do I need to look into getting? I like the look of the ADVcer case and I already have a screen protector, but are there charging gadgets or anything I want to have ready to go?

If you haven't already played Shovel Knight, it's a must buy imo.

For portable charging, you'll want something that can output from a USB C port to gain a charge while playing. Anything from an old A port will just slow your battery drain. I got a decent RAVPower one off Amazon for about 40 bucks that works great.

Edit: This guy on reddit has tested some power banks and wall warts, like not just using them but also using equipment to measure exact voltage or whatever. He's got some recommendations that are a bit pricey, like I said I went for a weaker RAVPower and am doing just fine. You can check his spreadsheet to see how well different price points function.

For cables be sure to get the ones that are vetted by that Google guy Benson. All the cables the reddit guy recommends fit that category.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

please don't play video games while driving

:lol: if your car doesn't have autopilot.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey guys. Switch is still good. Pro controller is good. Mario Kart will probably taste good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Norns posted:

Hey guys. Switch is still good. Pro controller is good. Mario Kart will probably taste good.

man you reminded me of when i licked my zelda cart and tasted absolutely nothing

I was so disappointed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if your car doesn't have autopilot.

It's called Smart Steering!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You can add your Miitomo costumes to your Nintendo ID account and play as that Mii in Mario Run. Which means I'm one step closer to being vindicated for keeping this all installed for over a year and logging in almost every day to collect coins.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

man you reminded me of when i licked my zelda cart and tasted absolutely nothing

I was so disappointed

yeah for me it just tasted like slightly chemically plastic

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I was so disappointed

I tasted very mild bitterness but also drink IPAs

eitherway you should try drinking IPAs because you probably will enjoy it more than weirdos who pretend they enjoy them since you won't taste the hops as bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

if you combine it with a good friend and a doobie mcdooberstein, you'll find your enjoyment increase exponentially

• Locked thread