Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Nuh-uh!

hides behind gameboy color sp, DS Lite, and New 3DS boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
lol yeah I've owned one XL and two new 3ds XL's (currently rocking the gray new 3ds XL, the color scheme for Real Gamer Men, not Game Bois)

but that's mostly on me because I like selling poo poo when I'm bored with it and had no idea there would be a non stop deluge of good games til even today, which is why I sold off my first two models

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

bloodychill posted:

gameboy color sp

The what now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grapplejack posted:

I hope you like Clem talking about having her period because that happens in the latest walking dead episode.

i wish the walking dead was over. it's loving ridiculous how bad that series has gotten since season 1, i wish i'd waited on season 2 cause goddamn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The prey demo is a huge turn off. The engine sucks for a shooter and the gameplay is very clearly a locked door simulator

Ill buy it for like 15-20 in 6 months after it flops harder than dishonored 2

Raserys posted:

why is it annoying

Takes focus off switch i guess

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

consumer electronics getting smaller revisions and various form factors is one respect in which nintendo is actually normal

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
idk i thought the dsi was fucken' dumb

then again DS and 3DS continue to sell like crazy so what the gently caress do i know

they probably know what they're doing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The dsi store was hilarious

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i found my original ds what a weird looking handheld.

screens are small than i remember

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Advance SP. Oh crap my gamer cred...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The original ds is hilariously rear end

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I bought an advance SP, DS lite, and New 3DS but not their first versions

I think I make good Nintendo hardware choices

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

So is original gba and 3ds and switch (wiiu)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Motto posted:

holy poo poo yeah, it was the ugliest portable I've ever had the displeasure of owning

We made our struggling parents spent over $300 on ours when the og DS launched, gosh i should call them sometime :smith:

E: the original gba was fine, at least in comparison to all pre-backlit portables of the time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The original GBA not having a backlight and leading to a bunch of games being washed out and oversaturated in an attempt to compensate and people selling various flashlight peripherals that might allow you to see what the gently caress is happening on your loving screen was the most Nintendo thing ever.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It is kind of crazy that they're charging twice as much when all they really did was make a screen slightly bigger and add a swivel.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

The o3DS is the first original model I've never felt any real urge to upgrade from tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

The o3DS is the first original model I've never felt any real urge to upgrade from tbh

You should. New 3ds was a huge upgrade

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

PantsBandit posted:

It is kind of crazy that they're charging twice as much when all they really did was make a screen slightly bigger and add a swivel.

It also has the better processor for games like Hyrule Warriors, and the c-stick nub, and it comes with a charger (lol)

e: also the hinge is kind of a hugely important thing if you ever wanted to take your 2DS anywhere.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it will probably never happen but if Sony ever came out with a Vita 2 that was backwards compatible and had L2/R2 buttons and could play PS2 games I'd preorder it no questions asked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The guy that always leaks rockstar news says bully 2 is in production

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

You should. New 3ds was a huge upgrade

I'm sure it is, but it's better than the gba and ds since I can actually see the screen

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

In Training posted:

I know it will probably never happen but if Sony ever came out with a Vita 2 that was backwards compatible and had L2/R2 buttons and could play PS2 games I'd preorder it no questions asked.

I get the feeling that Sony doesn't want to ever even consider handhelds again, which sucks, because what you describe would be great.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's insane that Sony expects people to buy an entirely new PS4 to get optimal performance. It makes me glad that I stick with Nintendo, they would never try that kind of bullshit.

-tries to play the newest Pokemon on an original 3DS, the frame rate drops to low single digits during 2-on-2 battles-

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Guy Mann posted:

It's insane that Sony expects people to buy an entirely new PS4 to get optimal performance. It makes me glad that I stick with Nintendo, they would never try that kind of bullshit.

-tries to play the newest Pokemon on an original 3DS, the frame rate drops to low single digits during 2-on-2 battles-

MonHun was what got me to move to the N3DS :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi Games chat thread. Anyone need a new av?

These are all by some Japanese artist named Garuti, please enjoy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think any handheld they made in the future would have to be console hybrid now post switch and theres no way they could miniaturize a ps4 compatible at a decent price unless it was like a super lovely laptop type thing idk.

Handheld market is very enamoured with full sized gaming on the go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Don't worry, the frame rate is poo poo in double battles on the n3DS too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The OG DS never bothered me because that was just standard handheld screen size at the time, I didn't 'upgrade' until I got a 3DS in like 2013.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lurdiak posted:

The original GBA not having a backlight and leading to a bunch of games being washed out and oversaturated in an attempt to compensate and people selling various flashlight peripherals that might allow you to see what the gently caress is happening on your loving screen was the most Nintendo thing ever.

More so than the original Gameboy? Because holy poo poo.

And that's just one example.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Just lol if you didn't have this nightmare in your hands playing in bed at night

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

The Wii is the poo poo prototype of the Wii U, which owns, actually

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wamdoodle posted:

More so than the original Gameboy? Because holy poo poo.

And that's just one example.

I had one of those!

The only Game Boy game I really ended up playing was Tetris. And a bit of Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Game Gear had a backlight, ten years before the first GBA was released.

(Yeah yeah, battery life)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, Furi is still soooo good.

I haven't played the dlc yey.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Anybody post this yet? Not Puyo Puyo Tetris and old but still Tetris:
This is the series typically played at the GDQs. It's horrifying, isn't it?

I believe Arika is trying to bring a remixed version of TGM3 to the west, but it's a difficult process due to dealing with both publishers in general and The Tetris Company, who really like licensing out exclusive rights to all consoles, or all mobile devices etc. to only one publisher at a time.

Cowcaster posted:

whens telltale sam and max season 4
Steve Purcell is doing a lot more at Pixar nowadays, he probably doesn't have any room to breathe anymore before supervising another videogame.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Because it's not that good.
Hmmm, ahhh, eh, you're wrong.

Motto posted:

It's the only ds that fits my gorilla mitts

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm playing rayman 1 and jesus has michel ancel ever been lead on a bad game??? this is probably his weakest and that's just because of the lives system, if you use the max lives cheat then the insanely hard design in this game is actually pretty goddamn interesting and even exciting at times and the sprites and environments and music are all really beautiful

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

i'm playing rayman 1 and jesus has michel ancel ever been lead on a bad game??? this is probably his weakest and that's just because of the lives system, if you use the max lives cheat then the insanely hard design in this game is actually pretty goddamn interesting and even exciting at times and the sprites and environments and music are all really beautiful

I liked it a ton when I was a kid (was one of the first playstation games I owned) and haven't played it since

ty for making me want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

even the movie game michael ancel made was critically acclaimed #woah

• Locked thread