Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

prefect posted:

I guess I had assumed Rick was a human with remote-control electronics embedded in him, and Evil Morty was the same kind of thing. :shrug:

If Evil Morty were a robot, why the eyepatch, instead of just having the significant bits inside his skull?

The significant bits are inside his skull, he tucked the wires connecting to the transmitter under his eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Funkmaster General posted:

This. Why would you think they were robots?

He doesn't respect them.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

He doesn't respect them.

This is funny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

This is funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is Frankenstein's monster a robot?

Makes you think. :tinfoil:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Hemingway To Go! posted:

He doesn't respect them.

:golfclap:

Sometimes this thread isn't terrible.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So when is the show coming back?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

biracial bear for uncut posted:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It got canceled

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

It takes 18 months to produce a single episode, so probably sometime around the midterm elections.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36qLcMmmtaE

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This summer.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They're playing another episode this Saturday, according to Wikipedia, but I'm not 100% on that.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

This. Why would you think they were robots?

SHUT UP I LIKE MY SHIRT THIS WAY

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They're playing another episode this Saturday, according to Wikipedia, but I'm not 100% on that.

Wikipedia would never contain false information, Jimbo Wall-e wouldn't allow it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I played the Rick & Morty VR game myself. Really fun, although sadly short. Felt even shorter than Job Simulator, which was a real disappointment for $30. Still, hard to complain about getting to walk around in the Sanchez' household for a few hours.

Not that the game is necessarily canon or anything, but Rick has a Krombopulous Michael advertisement on his work desk next to his computer. So Roiland clearly hasn't forgotten about ole K. Mike.

The most fun part of the game by far was when you got to strap on those laser-gun-arms that Arthricia got on that one purge episode, and you get to shoot waves and waves of Gromflomites.

My second favorite moment is when you use a Rick portal to go steal electronic components from a NASA satellite currently in-orbit. Just being out in space in VR was pretty wild, (and walking through portals felt really cool) but this seems like something Rick probably does for real all the time.
Rick is like a teleportation version of the Time Bandits.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Zaphod42 posted:

Not that the game is necessarily canon or anything,

Except when Morty cries out that in Season 4 he will be vegan. It's canon, he said so himself.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm a huge dork who reads too much into things, but did anyone else notice that during the VR game's "This is canon!" Morty becoming a vegan rant, he says that we'll see the effects in season 4, suggesting that the game takes place between seasons 3 and 4, but yet we see that Jerry is living in the house, which may indicate an event that occurs somewhere in season 3 (Jerry moving back in)?

100% guaranteed that I'm an idiot who is paying too close attention to a silly fourth-wall break, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You have to understand, when it comes to things like that, I'm 56% sure that Justin is riffing like a mother fucker and going off on weird tangents with himself that ends up into a insane narrative that he put into that VR thing.

It could be scripted though. I haven't and won't play that game.

To be honest, Justin riffing in a recording booth is the most endearing and inspiring thing. Honestly, his voice work sorta made me want to pursue voice acting, but I have no idea how to get into it. So I just do bullshit voice work for fun.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's set in an alternate universe where Jerry still lives there.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Jerry's gone for good" is the new "Brian will stay dead".

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
they made sure to slice darth maul in half and throw him down a pit to make it clear he's not coming back

i hope something similar happens to jerry

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

maskenfreiheit posted:

they made sure to slice darth maul in half and throw him down a pit to make it clear he's not coming back

I feel bad for everyone at Jerry Day Care.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

I feel bad for everyone at Jerry Day Care.

Why? They're having a great time adjusting the video settings on the TV!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I hope Jerry gets lost on an alien world and has increasingly amazing adventures that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the cast.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

maskenfreiheit posted:

You want Jerry to come back with sweet robot legs and have a ton more adventures??

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Imagine Quantum Leap where Morty is Bakula and Rick is Stockwell.

M..M MORTY you gotta BURP,... inseminate Lincons mother or else the..P...p.. Proclamation Emancipation wont exist.. burp... and that your make you reallllly racist Morty.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm sorry M*uuuurp*orty, but you really have to kill these neighborhood dogs. You see Edison paid kids to bring in stray dogs for him to kill with alte*uuuurp*rnative current electricity, Morty. It was messed up, Morty, but he did it to show how dangerous AC was. Morty, you have to *uuurp* do it too to not change the timeline. I know it's sad but hopefully you get to leap out before *uurp* Topsy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

Er.... about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbvQVs2FPHs

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars:_Darth_Maul_Returns

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Sweet summer child...

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
ok i hope they cut off his head slowly like he's nick berg is there a robot nick berg in star wars?!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

maskenfreiheit posted:

ok i hope they cut off his head slowly like he's nick berg is there a robot nick berg in star wars?!

Yes several. Some are robo-clones.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

People keep talking about how great the star wars cartoons are, but god drat do they look stupid.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

People keep talking about how great the star wars cartoons are, but god drat do they look stupid.

The 2D animated series had a really strong design sense that had simple clean lines yet really pushed the caricature element:

The 3D series tried to keep a fairly similar design style and it just looked weird in 3D.

The recent Star Wars Rebels animated series dialed the caricature-ness way back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jerry just got so popular that they had to write him out so he could get a spinoff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah I could never get into anything Clone Wars related. :v:

Hard to say if that's entirely Clone Wars fault though or just all of episodes 1, 2 and 3 leaving a foul taste in my mouth.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The 2D animated series had a really strong design sense that had simple clean lines yet really pushed the caricature element:

The 3D series tried to keep a fairly similar design style and it just looked weird in 3D.

The recent Star Wars Rebels animated series dialed the caricature-ness way back.

The 2D animated series was loving amazing, but it was because it was directed by Genndy loving Tartakovsky. So its basically Samurai Jack with lightsabers.

The 3D animated series has no Genndy and so is boring and generic but probably great for kids.

The irony is that the 2D series was only a few very very short episodes, while the 3D series is like 6 ongoing seasons... :sigh:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Jerry's patheticness provides an amazing contrast to Rick's larger than life adventures and it boggle's my mind that goons want him written out of the show.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I could never get into anything Clone Wars related. :v:

Hard to say if that's entirely Clone Wars fault though or just all of episodes 1, 2 and 3 leaving a foul taste in my mouth.

The 2D animated series was loving amazing, but it was because it was directed by Genndy loving Tartakovsky. So its basically Samurai Jack with lightsabers.

The 3D animated series has no Genndy and so is boring and generic but probably great for kids.

The irony is that the 2D series was only a few very very short episodes, while the 3D series is like 6 ongoing seasons... :sigh:

Yeah, the Tartakovsky version was lean on the story but it was an enjoyable watch anyway because it had amazing style and animation. The 3D show I gave up halfway through the first episode because they tried very hard to humanize the clone troopers which was grating as gently caress and kinda defeats the whole point.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zaphod42 posted:

They had yet another season all planned out but that got cancelled so they never got to finish it properly. Rebels is definitely ending next season because the show runner doesn't want a repeat of that experience.
Rebels is incredibly respectful to the feel of the original trilogy, even down to incorporating a whole bunch of Ralph McQuarrie's original character designs and concept art from way back when A New Hope was being developed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They had yet another season all planned out but that got cancelled so they never got to finish it properly. Rebels is definitely ending next season because the show runner doesn't want a repeat of that experience.
Rebels is incredibly respectful to the feel of the original trilogy, even down to incorporating a whole bunch of Ralph McQuarrie's original character designs and concept art from way back when A New Hope was being developed.

Mimicking unused concept art isn't really staying true to the actual films, is it?

Some of those designs are way out there from what Lucas eventually went with.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sassassin posted:

Mimicking unused concept art isn't really staying true to the actual films, is it?

Some of those designs are way out there from what Lucas eventually went with.

A lot of stuff that Lucas wanted to use didn't make it into the films because movies are finite and George's appetite for "more stuff on the screen" is not. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
George wasn't the only creative part of star wars y'know... He's not like some god king that pure star wars flows from.

EDIT: I've never seen a 3d Star Wars animated show. They look too weird to me.