Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

It's been seven years and I still don't get why people dislike Reaper baby.

It kind of looked derpy, is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zero VGS posted:

Hey, do I ever get to learn a skill branch from a teammate like in ME2? And how do I get to respec?

Hahaha no. You just get every skill in the beginning.
There's a respec station in the ship's (tempest) sickbay off the the left, I think. You go there and pay to clear your stats.

The reaper baby was fine, if a little out of place. It was a fun, dumb boss fight that sort of fit the lore...in a weird way.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 28, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Thanks, gonna cheat those dumb puzzles.

Hey, do I ever get to learn a skill branch from a teammate like in ME2? And how do I get to respec?

I think you're able to learn most of them from the get-go, except for a handful of them. Would be cool to have Cora's shield boost or either of Liam or Jaal's special melee attacks.

Also, computer at the back of Med-Bay on the Tempest.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Lima posted:

This was uploaded a few hours ago -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd5SS35KgM

many batarians died to deliver this

Good.

Seriously though, neat video. Thank you for sharing.

Andromeda has really made me want to replay some other, better BW games. I would do Jade Empire but I just replayed it a few months ago. But it's so good....

I think I'm gonna do KOTOR 1. I never did a Light Side run. I'm still going to do this, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyyZ9QREeiY

If only Andromeda has choices like that....

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I replayed KOTOR alot of times playing with the different builds. So many ways you could make your character one shot basically everything. Double lightsaber with power attack, duel lightsabers with quick attack, and then force speed adding attacks just for casting it. Never played with the guns.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

RBA Starblade posted:

I put the seeking plasma mod on the PAW and I turned it into Doom's plasma rifle. It's my first and only customization success.

Wait how does seeking plasma work on the paw

Zero VGS posted:

OK, why the gently caress is this puzzle failing me? Am I going blind? Is "diagonal" suddenly a row/column now?

Uh, you have two of the same symbol in two boxes....

Zero VGS posted:

Thanks, gonna cheat those dumb puzzles.

You can get a pet by progressing LiaraPeebee's storyline

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

I replayed KOTOR alot of times playing with the different builds. So many ways you could make your character one shot basically everything. Double lightsaber with power attack, duel lightsabers with quick attack, and then force speed adding attacks just for casting it. Never played with the guns.

Yeah, I mainly remember KOTOR 2 but by the end, when you're going through the Trayus Academy, you just stack all your Force Powers on top of each other and then barge into a room full of enemies and oneshot them all. Rinse and repeat.

I remember having more trouble with the Star Forge but I think I had a worse build.

Also guns and armor are poo poo. Especially since armor restricts those broken-rear end support Force Powers. There's no reason to ever use anything but lightsabers and robes.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Armondo Troisi left Bioware in 2011, btw.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah, I mainly remember KOTOR 2 but by the end, when you're going through the Trayus Academy, you just stack all your Force Powers on top of each other and then barge into a room full of enemies and oneshot them all. Rinse and repeat.

I remember having more trouble with the Star Forge but I think I had a worse build.

Also guns and armor are poo poo. Especially since armor restricts those broken-rear end support Force Powers. There's no reason to ever use anything but lightsabers and robes.

for KOTOR2 stealth lets you skip the whole of Traya's academy

it's actually super anti-climactic haha

e: also Jade Empire rules

and NWN:HotU

I miss old bioware :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Wait how does seeking plasma work on the paw

Each percent turns into a plasma bolt, so it fires a stream of 100 that homes in and instantly reloads when it overheats to do it over and over. The one downside is that on Ascendants it aims at the Ascendant and not the orb.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

JawKnee posted:

e: also Jade Empire rules

I always wished they'd make a sequel, or at least an expansion that let you get that nifty poison style the snake guys used.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

I always wished they'd make a sequel, or at least an expansion that let you get that nifty poison style the snake guys used.

There's this mod which I felt significantly improved the gameplay.

I don't like to talk about "old BioWare" because I jumped in with DA Origins. And the people who like Old BioWare tend to hate everything after Baldur's Gate 2. I didn't like Inquisition and Andromeda as much as I could have but I still think tht Inquisition at least showed some great writing and potentail for DA4.

I have faith in BW. Maybe I'm wrong but I want to be right. Dragon Age was what made me a WRPG fan and I don't want it to go the way of Mass Effect.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Lima posted:

This was uploaded a few hours ago -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd5SS35KgM

14:50 "The story doesn't belong to the writers."

Fast forward to ME3 and when the players are complaining, now it's them being entitled and impugning upon the writers' 'artistic integrity'.

I really don't know why I assumed ME:A would be good enough for a pre-order. Clearly, the company's view about this sort of thing had changed, considerbly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't like to talk about "old BioWare" because I jumped in with DA Origins. And the people who like Old BioWare tend to hate everything after Baldur's Gate 2. I didn't like Inquisition and Andromeda as much as I could have but I still think tht Inquisition at least showed some great writing and potentail for DA4.

I have faith in BW. Maybe I'm wrong but I want to be right. Dragon Age was what made me a WRPG fan and I don't want it to go the way of Mass Effect.

I don't understand, the Bioware that made MEA is not the same Bioware that made DAInq. They are two distinct companies under a shared moniker.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
JE didn't click with me and the relabeling of the light and dark side into open palm and closed fist seemed quite hammy to me. Even though ME did the same thing but they upgraded the game into a shooter. If I remember correctly, you could flip sides right at the end also to see both endings.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 28, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Drifter posted:

I don't understand, the Bioware that made MEA is not the same Bioware that made DAInq. They are two distinct companies under a shared moniker.

They both used the Frostbite Engine, needlessly spreading out the story with lovely open world stuff and forced sidequesting. (I hated the Power mechanic)

Inquisition is better than Andromeda to be sure but I didn't like Inquisition's or Andromeda's new gameplay style.

I also had some issues with Inquisition's plot..well, a lot of issues, actually. But DA4 has a much more exciting premise and a lot more potential. I think they can deliver.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 28, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

JE didn't click with me and the relabeling of the light and dark side into open palm and closed fist seemed quite hammy to me. Even though ME did the same thing but they upgraded the game into a shooter. If I remember correctly, you could flip sides right at the end also to see both endings.

You ever play the original InFAMOUS? Setting off the Ray Sphere a second time is how I think of the final choice in JE. It's such a big thing that there really is no going back after it. You could have been Jesus all game but if you take the Water Dragon's power, well, that's a much bigger deal than playing fair and helping your school buddy get better.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

NikkolasKing posted:

Oh my, that may very well convince me to reinstall and give it a playthrough.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was starting another run and this time I would try to be a total gently caress-up. I gave up last week and haven't played since. The game won't let you gently caress up. Everyone ultimately ends up agreeing with you and you can't offend or mess up any relationship of significance. I know people have said as much before, but in light of the video above it's even more infuriating. The whole thing - story, interactions, everything - is on rails. With the feeling that I was unable to play my character in any way that was different, combined with the game still fighting me with bugs and busywork constantly, I just can't take it. No patch can fix this.

And if this is their design philosophy for the RPG elements, I don't know why I should even play any future Mass Effect game. There are much better shooters and open-world experiences.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
game sad

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Yeah I find most of the 'choices' are just the illusion of choice, with nothing but the next few lines of dialogue changing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah I find most of the 'choices' are just the illusion of choice, with nothing but the next few lines of dialogue changing.

Having an illusion of choice is fine, it's just that the story surrounding those choices are loving stupid and boring.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kalenn Istarion posted:

taking notes from Fallout 4 w/r/t dialogue tree design, yeah

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrianWilly posted:

It's been seven years and I still don't get why people dislike Reaper baby.

Because it was non romanceable.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Thankfully not even Bioware will let you gently caress a giant baby. I think it's one of their five pillars.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Drifter posted:

Thankfully not even Bioware will let you gently caress a giant baby.

Kaidan was romanceable in Mass Effect 1 & 3.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Kaidan was romanceable in Mass Effect 1 & 3.
Goddammit Tea, you beautiful sonofabitch.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Harbinger was my only Reaper love.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

NikkolasKing posted:

Origins was (sort of) a love letter to the old games and most people who liked old bioware liked Origins. I definitely do!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Uh, you have two of the same symbol in two boxes...

LMAO... I guarantee every last person who came into this thread and bitched that the space sudoku doesn't recognize alternative solutions has done this. I refuse to believe otherwise without a screenshot that proves it.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Apparently there's a max stack size of the Remnant keys, that being 9. I hit that like halfway through because I literally never used them. I liked the space sudoko. Then again, I have a sudoko app on my phone, so I already enjoy stuff like that. :v:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ashpanash posted:

14:50 "The story doesn't belong to the writers."

Fast forward to ME3 and when the players are complaining, now it's them being entitled and impugning upon the writers' 'artistic integrity'.

Armondo Troisi left Bioware in 2011.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DrNutt posted:

LMAO... I guarantee every last person who came into this thread and bitched that the space sudoku doesn't recognize alternative solutions has done this. I refuse to believe otherwise without a screenshot that proves it.

How can they say they like sudoku and then make that mistake? It doesn't seem likely.

gently caress sudoku though, I hate puzzles like that. It takes me out of the game and I don't like faffing around. Maybe it would have been easier if I could click and get a list of runes to pick instead of having to click 4 times on it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Just put a tower of babel puzzle every 10 minutes. Make it kill you if you lose so you have to restart at the last checkpoint.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Arglebargle III posted:

Just put a tower of babel puzzle every 10 minutes. Make it kill you if you lose so you have to restart at the last checkpoint.

That plus the Saren death music from ME1 would bump this up to a 7.5/10.

I'm also reeeealy glad we got to do the Skyrim door puzzle several times.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Armondo Troisi left Bioware in 2011.

Also, it's not uncommon for authors to flip-flop on nature of their own death depending on how they're feeling that day and how many horrible fans they've endured since their last cup of coffee.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how not only can the Ascendants instant kill in singleplayer but your guns don't do a loving thing to the orbs so it's a ten minute fight hoping you don't get to randomly restart it.

e: While ALSO hoping a minigun guy doesn't perfectly accurately kill you in one second the moment he spawns across the map because you're too busy looking to avoid the instant kill warp attack.

uuhhh. two shots to an orb with a Black Widow kills, stuns the guy for a few seconds, allowing for headshots. Ascendants are only a problem if you are stupid and let one approach you. :v:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

ashpanash posted:

I really don't know why I assumed ME:A would be good enough for a pre-order.

Newsflash: there is no game in the world "good enough for a pre-order". Things can always gently caress up horribly at the 11th hour; have you seen our president?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero VGS posted:

Newsflash: there is no game in the world "good enough for a pre-order". Things can always gently caress up horribly at the 11th hour; have you seen our president?

I'm going to say that I suspect Shadow of War is going to be appropriate for pre-order :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

[insert Duke Nukem Forever joke here]