Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I get the feeling the Niles change was because they didn't want the only male same-sex pairing option in the game to also be the dude who got sexually abused as a kid. As it is both the gay options in Fates are social outcasts to one extent or another already.

I mean, there's a solution to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Highest Cactus posted:

I just got a Vita from a friend of mine, and I want to jump into some ridiculous anime. Is Hyperdimension Neptunia worth getting while it's not on sale, or should I wait until Drive Girls?

Have you thought about getting good games instead?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Andrast posted:

Have you thought about getting good games instead?

If that was at any point in deliberation he would've posted in the 3DS thread.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Highest Cactus posted:

I just got a Vita from a friend of mine, and I want to jump into some ridiculous anime. Is Hyperdimension Neptunia worth getting while it's not on sale, or should I wait until Drive Girls?

This should be your answer.

https://youtu.be/EKxio8HZiNA

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Highest Cactus posted:

Go for mega dimension nep nep vs Sega

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/_geraintevans_/status/857891096562683904

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aren't most of their games actually selling a lot better than expected?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who is that?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Knowing DT I'm just going to assume it's PQube staff given they're his new idols since I can't check it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

We as a market are buying literally anything.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

Yup

Sakurazuka posted:

Who is that?

Head of Marketing for PQube and Rice Digital's founder.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, presumably still teasing that they might have picked up Net High?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I need a script that changes Net High into That Kamina Game so I remember which thing it is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Highest Cactus posted:

Neptunia is the only good choice. Rebirth 1 is a good introduction to the series, but is a standalone title. Rebirth 2/3 (or their PS3 versions,) VII (PS4/PC,) and Four Goddesses Online (PS4/PC) are the games with a continuous story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

Wait, what? How am I just hearing about this? Any details on this?
The gay supports in the JP version were unique. Niles' is kind of the same anyway but Rahjat's had a lot of discussion about homosexuality and it had Rahjat going "Would you be happier if I was a guy?" and the MC going "I don't love you in spite of you being a woman, I love you because you're a woman," which was kind of sweet and gay-positive. they replaced it with the male MC/Rahjat support, which is a pure stalking joke about Rahjat creeping on the protagonist and trying to see them in the baths and stuff. It's real bad.

They also completely changed Rahjat's personality to be creepier, which doesn't help. In the JP version she's awkward and pushes people away with her creepy personality because she doesn't know how to handle them, in the US version she's just a weirdo and all that self-doubt and awkwardness is written out. The end result is turning the game's one lesbian option into a creepy stalker. And then you get a bunch of hot takes about how bad Nintendo is with gay people even though the JP version of Rahjat was pretty decent, ignoring that it's kind of weird she's the only option.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

...Should you be able to do games if they're financially viable?

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

The gay supports in the JP version were unique. Niles' is kind of the same anyway but Rahjat's had a lot of discussion about homosexuality and it had Rahjat going "Would you be happier if I was a guy?" and the MC going "I don't love you in spite of you being a woman, I love you because you're a woman," which was kind of sweet and gay-positive. they replaced it with the male MC/Rahjat support, which is a pure stalking joke about Rahjat creeping on the protagonist and trying to see them in the baths and stuff. It's real bad.

They also completely changed Rahjat's personality to be creepier, which doesn't help. In the JP version she's awkward and pushes people away with her creepy personality because she doesn't know how to handle them, in the US version she's just a weirdo and all that self-doubt and awkwardness is written out. The end result is turning the game's one lesbian option into a creepy stalker. And then you get a bunch of hot takes about how bad Nintendo is with gay people even though the JP version of Rahjat was pretty decent, ignoring that it's kind of weird she's the only option.
Ah. For some reason I thought you were talking about Akiba's Beat. That being said, while I knew there was a problem with fire emblem this is unfortunate.

Uuuuuuuuuuugh!

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I'm probably not the first to notice but there's Vita product placement in Jeune et Jolie, which is kind of like Belle de jour except that the middle class prostitute whose sexual awakening is the central subject of the film is still in high school

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's me, i'm the one person who's sort of interested in akiba's beat and mostly because i think the english voice cast is going to be fun

i haven't actually followed it closely so if it gets rid of all the fun parts of akiba's trip along with its lovely combat, welp

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

The Colonel posted:

it gets rid of all the fun parts of akiba's trip along with its lovely combat

sorry for your loss

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'd rather have lovely interesting combat that could be set to easy with an interesting and funny game than a mediocre combat with a dull game. Since it's seems it's one or the other with this developer - didn't they make Way of the Samurai, though? It's weird they went this direction, I think.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=57616

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

piss

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

http://press.degigames.com/sheet.php?p=nurse_love_addiction

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not sure what im supposed to be what the loving at here

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nurse Love Addiction rated for the Vita by PEGI

Supposedly.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

I had to look up some games and their ratings, especially Atalier Ayesha which you need to be 16 to play, even though it's really chill and nice throughout.

PEGI posted:

It contains: Encouragement of the use of alcohol/tobacco

Same age rating as the Last of Us! There's a single character who smokes and the MC drinks alcohol once while celebrating her 18th birthday. The horror!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 30, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzNe2WV9x4

Full $40 on steam. I would have thought it was one of those dollar games they trick Vita owners into buying for $25

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Call me when Kindred Spirits is on Vita.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean, it's a lesbian romance visual novel made with a lot of consulation from real life female nurses, and some lesbian nerds i talked to when I was in Japan were into it. iunno what's going on in this thread but i dont like it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

i mean, it's a lesbian romance visual novel made with a lot of consulation from real life female nurses, and some lesbian nerds i talked to when I was in Japan were into it. iunno what's going on in this thread but i dont like it.

If I remember right it was discussed in the visual novel thread several weeks ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sort of utterly bewildered at going "what the gently caress?!" over what appears to be a fairy tame visual novel after half the poo poo that D_T posts in here.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Endorph posted:

iunno what's going on in this thread but i dont like it.

Latent Puritanism.

Or maybe the Vita thread's simply been claimed by Imp Zone.

Hard to tell.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm just surprised. I never expected to see a yuri VN on the Vita.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't that basically what the Senran Kagura games are

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, romance is never the focus on those. If anything Valkyrie Drive is closer to it but there's also an action game bundled with it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

gegi posted:

I was enjoying her idiocy up until she decided to demonstrate empathy by peeing in the middle of a hallway and everyone continued to support her as "our slightly dumb but well-meaning student nurse' as opposed to kicking her out of the program for being consistently terrible at everything.

Hmm, you don't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

I got a refund on the Steam version when I realised the main characters blood related sister was a potential love interest.