Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

my brain shuts down whenever i see an article about that loving bronze girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

:stare: Like really? Because that statues is like of a eight year old. I would be too if that was the case.

This dude who I refuse to believe isn't AJ Soprano.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

:stare: Like really? Because that statues is like of a eight year old. I would be too if that was the case.

every single statue ever created has been humped at least a thousand times

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol @ people getting angry at someone humping a statue. who loving cares

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

oliwan posted:

lol @ people getting angry at someone humping a statue. who loving cares

But also get completely hosed if you take any corrective action against effigies of my Confederate heroes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
another day volunteering at the lincoln memorial. everyone keeps asking me if they can blow the statue, buddy, they won't even let me blow it

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

CONTROVERSIAL SHEA MOISTURE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi2NO-zdqkQ

SheaMoisture posted:

Wow, okay – so guys, listen, we really f-ed this one up. Please know that our intention was not – and would never be – to disrespect our community, and as such, we are pulling this piece immediately because it does not represent what we intended to communicate. You guys know that we have always stood for inclusion in beauty and have always fought for our community and given them credit for not just building our business but for shifting the beauty landscape. So, the feedback we are seeing here brings to light a very important point. While this campaign included several different videos showing different ethnicities and hair types to demonstrate the breadth and depth of each individual’s hair journey, we must absolutely ensure moving forward that our community is well-represented in each one so that the women who have led this movement never feel that their hair journey is minimized in any way. We are keenly aware of the journey that WOC face – and our work will continue to serve as the inspiration for work like the Perception Institute’s Good Hair Study/Implicit Association Test that suggests that a majority of people, regardless of race and gender, hold some bias towards women of color based on their textured or natural hair. So, you’re right. We are different – and we should know better.

Thank you all, as always, for the honest and candid feedback. We hear you. We’re listening. We appreciate you. We count on you. And we’re always here for you. Thank you, #SheaFam, for being there for us, even when we make mistakes. Here’s to growing and building together

Puzzled why they should be apologizing for an apparently completely inoffensive advert?

It's a black owned beauty product and they made an ad with some white people it it. Gasp!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

"new coke" protests, 1985

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Drop the bomb, nuke us all

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kingfish posted:

I like the Wall Street girl. She has the potential to hold more ideological significance than her corporate benefactors intended.

I'm always happy when there's another brand I can get emotionally invested in

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ScrubLeague posted:

But also get completely hosed if you take any corrective action against effigies of my Confederate heroes.

Please don't vandalize public works that you don't like.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lazorexplosion posted:

Puzzled why they should be apologizing for an apparently completely inoffensive advert?

It's a black owned beauty product and they made an ad with some white people it it. Gasp!

lol. they can't do anything right can they.

https://medium.com/defiant/a-lot-of-what-you-know-about-north-korea-is-racist-nonsense-a625256b51cc

apperently its woke to defend north korea.

https://medium.com/defiant/north-koreas-government-is-terrible-and-that-s-beside-the-point-d3505818845b

now he is passive agrresivly screaming what about isms.

EDIT: I get sick of reading articles critical of western aggression where the writer feels compelled to bow to the narrative by condemning the target of the aggression.
Such as, Vladimir Putin is a really nasty baddie but………..
It’s pandering and its cowardly. Worse it weakens the anti-war argument.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Apr 28, 2017

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

The young man's name -- Albert Einstein.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://medium.com/defiant/a-lot-of-what-you-know-about-north-korea-is-racist-nonsense-a625256b51cc

https://medium.com/defiant/north-koreas-government-is-terrible-and-that-s-beside-the-point-d3505818845b

EDIT: I get sick of reading articles critical of western aggression where the writer feels compelled to bow to the narrative by condemning the target of the aggression.

it pretty much shows how dumb the author is too. if only we had 16 of precedents that show that intervention makes things worse more often then not!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Agean90 posted:

it pretty much shows how dumb the author is too. if only we had 16 of precedents that show that intervention makes things worse more often then not!

the site is pretty poo poo in general it seems.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly by this point the best way to follow news is to just find the twitter accounts of journos you like and follow them directly for articles they write. heck journo twitter is pretty interconnected so you can even find decent journalists you havent heard of.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Medium exists for people to post their hot takes, it's not really moderated or curated.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it isn't pandering and cowardly to say a factually true thing, which is that russia sucks and vladimir putin is a bad man who parleyed his career as a soviet spy into becoming the permanent president of it

you can hold two thoughts in your head at the same time, which is that, and that ww3 is a bad idea, without being a hypocrite; it might weaken the argument, but uhm that could be because the argument is not as strong as you think idk

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wow, can't believe the Coen Brothers had the dude bow to the running narrative of walter's technical correctness. American voters are going to really get the wrong idea about walter's character if they keep going on like this.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lazorexplosion posted:

This is like "throw? no take, only throw" ideology come to life

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that they can unironically say 'hair journey', and not burst out laughing, is proof that something has gone too far.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he's right though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently its woke to defend north korea
i saw somebody on my fb news feed share this unironically, and one of the comments was "every government is poo poo." there were 36 responses to it, which i read none of

a bad medium opinion piece is better than reading a big tweetstorm. i wish more people would do the former more than the latter

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol get out of NYC, it is like there is a whole country there or something./

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the best part is where he says that the USA is more culturally militarized than north korea because of flyovers at sports games and our national anthem talking about rockets

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the best part is where he says that the USA is more culturally militarized than north korea because of flyovers at sports games and our national anthem talking about rockets

which country is currently bombing other countries, though?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Imagine how many would be if they had functioning airplanes and solid pilot training!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ChesterJT posted:

Imagine how many would be if they had functioning airplanes and solid pilot training!

Probably still not though?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

north korea doesnt have the samr global ambitions as the united states. their goal is the reunification of the korean pennisula.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

imagine a place where it is culturally forbidden to speak ill of the troops and members of the media and political class become visibly aroused when watching footage of explosions

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fullhouse posted:

imagine a place where it is culturally forbidden to speak ill of the troops and members of the media and political class become visibly aroused when watching footage of explosions

Or whose economy is driven by war, from production of materiel to the use of it as a means to create new markets and enhance existing one.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

bombs are also pretty expensive from what I'm told

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

Or whose economy is driven by war, from production of materiel to the use of it as a means to create new markets and enhance existing one.

War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th; the pillar that supports the global economy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Guy Goodbody posted:

War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th; the pillar that supports the global economy.

Is Metal Gear Solid a #woke #brand

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control… everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War…has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Please don't vandalize public works that you don't like.

vandalize everything imo. nothing lasts forever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

Is Metal Gear Solid a #woke #brand

It's got some of the best written female characters in video games, but they sometimes get their tits out so no, it's the opposite of woke

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's got some of the best written female characters in video games, but they sometimes get their tits out so no, it's the opposite of woke

thanks gamergate

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

When we start having hours long military parades with mandatory viewing for every citizen lemme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rudatron posted:

The fact that they can unironically say 'hair journey', and not burst out laughing, is proof that something has gone too far.

this is unironically my favorite part.

wtf is a hair journey

is it like the journey your pubes take down the shower drain or