Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Thanks to everyone who helped drag our fresh faces through the Coil, even if I did fall for the "easter egg" despite knowing what was coming anyway :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Any chance for an euro timezone friendly coil run this weekend? I still need coils 9-13 done but can help with the previous ones if we've got enough people needing to do them all.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What's the linkshell for coil runs again? That's probably the best method for people here who still need/want to run coil.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What's the linkshell for coil runs again? That's probably the best method for people here who still need/want to run coil.

Gonna need an invite to that linkshell tomorrow, I tried to join this group for an hour and couldn't make headway!

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I started playing this again after stopping around the time 3.1 hit. I already have all the crafting classes at level 60, but I'm still rocking pretty shoddy gear. Is it still worth it buying a full Ironworks set (this would be about half of my gil) at this point or should I just leave my gear as is and buy whatever the starting gear of SB will be?

I'm no longer on excal and the friends I'm playing with only just started the game so I don't have anyone to craft it for me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Apparently it's been officially confirmed that Gosetsu is a Roegadyn

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also showed the Sam/ RDM icons, they look pretty sweet http://imgur.com/a/bZSJG

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I love that the Red Mage icon is the staff from the White Mage icon but upside down, with the meteor flames from the Black Mage icon on the side, making a rapier.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kelp Me! posted:

Apparently it's been officially confirmed that Gosetsu is a Roegadyn

That was in question?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You were saying?

Alright, looks like I have a date night with Odin this weekend.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Somebody was discussing it before, looks like they're removing tp cost from sprint in SB

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Nice, it was confirmed that the new artifact gear will come from the level 70 job quest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shy posted:

Somebody was discussing it before, looks like they're removing tp cost from sprint in SB

Wow, that's pretty huge isn't it? A massive buff to every class but casters who it's sort of a stealth-nerf/rebalance in that they lose one of their biggest advantages?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ImpAtom posted:

Wow, that's pretty huge isn't it? A massive buff to every class but casters who it's sort of a stealth-nerf/rebalance in that they lose one of their biggest advantages?

This is a change that has been in effect in PvP for a few patches now, guess they realized it didn't really matter.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That benchmark trailer had some hints to new job abilities. Warriors will at least get a charge-in attack like DRK/MNK.

edit:

ninjas get a frog buddy :allears:

jyrque fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 28, 2017

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly Sprint costing TP just penalized mixed groups where anyone other than a caster fell behind the rest of the party for one reason or another.

Dungeon design is already set up now so that sprinting won't get you through them noticeably faster, what with all the encounter based barriers, so having it cost TP is just dumb design.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

DRk's seem to get some kind of Cover

yojimbo is in game

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Stormgale posted:

yojimbo is in game

THIS is the most important thing.

We gonna get Zamato'd

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Stormgale posted:

yojimbo is in game

drat, June can't get here soon enough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jyrque posted:

Warriors will at least get a charge-in attack like DRK/MNK.

Finally.

Why the angry guy with an axe never got a leap but the emo edgelord who also already has a spell for ranged pulls did was always baffling.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
BENCHI!

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

N I C E

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Spooge.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SettingSun posted:

drat, June can't get here soon enough.

He's in the benchmark

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RDM And Sam weapons added:

To Dungeons
To All Primals (Ifrit > Zurvan)
To Alexander Raids (not coil)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sinteres posted:

Nice, it was confirmed that the new artifact gear will come from the level 70 job quest.

The gear that's normally tomes?

Wish we could just data mine this poo poo. The way they reveal stuff is dumb imo. If you don't want to be spoiled don't go to the websites or keep the quest related stuff hidden. We should know what were getting into mechanics and job wise before expansion comes out.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 28, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Stormgale posted:

RDM And Sam weapons added:

To Dungeons
To All Primals (Ifrit > Zurvan)
To Alexander Raids (not coil)

What! My dreams of a badass Dreadwyrm Katana are ended? Why would they overlook something so important.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

What! My dreams of a badass Dreadwyrm Katana are ended? Why would they overlook something so important.

Unsarcastically: The fact that they are doing all the primals is pretty sweet, Gardua's weapons usually are good swords

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

What am I looking at?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

What am I looking at?

a larger armory and more inventory space

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

a larger armory and more inventory space

But that has materia and dye in it too, which seems... not armory-like.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We definitely needed a larger armory with two more jobs coming in. As it stands I would have had to start carrying a spare sword or two in my inventory, like a chump.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Thundarr posted:

there's an "and" in the post you quoted

vvv first image is armory, second image on both the left and the right are inventory

kojei fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 28, 2017

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Left image is armory chest, right image is the 2nd tab of the inventory

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For those of you not getting it THIS
Is the armory chest (with what looks to be 35 spaces)

THIS
is the new inventory

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Whoops. Yeah, another ten armory chest spots and 75 inventory slots is great. Guess I got thrown off by all those weapons in the inventory window.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Can we put everything in the armoire yet, and glamour straight out of that? And why not?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Truga posted:

Can we put everything in the armoire yet, and glamour straight out of that? And why not?

Even if we don't get the latter the former would still really help with playerside inventory, so I want it.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Whoops. Yeah, another ten armory chest spots and 75 inventory slots is great. Guess I got thrown off by all those weapons in the inventory window.

Its 40 new slots. 8 rows of 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I totally don't mind hopping to the house to get the thing out of the chest, but it'd be really nice if we could store even all the uniques in there.

• Locked thread