Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhead posted:

I'm on iOS as well. I uninstalled, reset my phone and then reinstalled and it started working.

Done this twice and can't get get it to work.

I haaate this part of mobile games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gotterdammerung
Jun 16, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

Done this twice and can't get get it to work.

I haaate this part of mobile games.

Just finished a full reset and restore of my phone. No dice.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?

Slogging through that 1.2 million hp with only two real DPS (Rafa/Vincent) took goddamn forever. Still, Perma-BSB mode on Rafa is pretty drat satisfying, especially since before her BSB is up, Swift Bolt did 4.6k a shot. Had I known it was going to be that effective I could've slotted in a curaise for emergency usage.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Orlandou has five ability types at the 5* availability. Someone on the dev team really likes this guy.

Checked some others and Agrias has two and Ramza has one 5* availability.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Orlandou has five ability types at the 5* availability. Someone on the dev team really likes this guy.

Checked some others and Agrias has two and Ramza has one 5* availability.

Nah, it's just aping how in FFT, he had EVERY drat sword skill from all your other uniques pretty much. Meliadoul, Agrias, Gaffgarion, all present in one single skillset, and his growths were batshit insane; a fresh Orlandu could hold his own against an Agrias twice his level in the Deep Dungeon.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

U-DO Burger posted:

Crap, now that I updated Android, the touch detection for this game is suddenly off. I recall other people were having a similar issue. Is there a good solution for this?

After its launched switch to another app and then back, it should force a resize - you'll need to do this every time you launch the game. It fixed itself again for me in 7.1.1

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

What other offensive mage burst besides Cid Raines thing are considered game breakingly powerful? I don't think this Golbez Twin Moon as the sole mage BSB is going to work forever

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

What other offensive mage burst besides Cid Raines thing are considered game breakingly powerful? I don't think this Golbez Twin Moon as the sole mage BSB is going to work forever

Rapha's BSB on the current banner; the better enelement BSB's like Alphinaud, Maria, Papalymo...

Also some of the higher utility Mage Burst pieces like Fuujin and OK

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

alphinaud's is pretty solid. the first command has the insta-cast chaining similar to cid's, and the second command restores ability uses so it can fuel low hone abilities (you're usually better off just spamming the first command)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Golbez will do a lot of good work because of the utility but yeah it's not the best for damage.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Rapha's BSB on the current banner; the better enelement BSB's like Alphinaud, Maria, Papalymo...
Edea is in the Maria+Papalymo mold as well, though she's stuck at 80 still. Ashe's BSB with en-Lightning is pretty strong as well.

On top of what's been mentioned, if you're not stacking MAG boosts then BSBs with a +MAG command like Quistis and Desch become more valuable.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
3 pulls. First 2 were both 1/11 Rapha's SSB. Nice troll, game. 3rd pull got me Ovelia's hat and her BSB. I really wanted Rapha's BSB but I'll accept a hyperpowered Ovelia.

If I can get 17 mythril before the banner goes away I'm pulling again. I decided I don't care about Cloud USB.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Party Boat posted:

After its launched switch to another app and then back, it should force a resize - you'll need to do this every time you launch the game. It fixed itself again for me in 7.1.1

Thank you! This fixed it. What a bizarre glitch

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

iPodschun posted:

Golbez will do a lot of good work because of the utility but yeah it's not the best for damage.
Edea is in the Maria+Papalymo mold as well, though she's stuck at 80 still. Ashe's BSB with en-Lightning is pretty strong as well.

On top of what's been mentioned, if you're not stacking MAG boosts then BSBs with a +MAG command like Quistis and Desch become more valuable.

Golbez burst is definitely fine, though absolutely looking for a pure shitwrecker currently.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also some of the higher utility Mage Burst pieces like Fuujin and OK

Rapha, eh? Well let's give it a shot. 2/11 Genji Gloves and Grand Armor. Huh? Critical hit damage increase? That sounds useless as all hell.

Oh well, will have to keep an eye out for those others.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Golbez burst is definitely fine, though absolutely looking for a pure shitwrecker currently.

Rapha, eh? Well let's give it a shot. 2/11 Genji Gloves and Grand Armor. Huh? Critical hit damage increase? That sounds useless as all hell.

Crit Hit damage increase is useless until Cloud USB comes. Just master it and forget about it until then.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chant is a key piece of the next evolution of Pushing poo poo In; your next target should probably be Squall's next BSB, or, really, any strong enelement physical BSB. (Since I wouldn't suggest pulling harder on this banner for Delita's BSB).

In the future, you cast Chant, summon a Cloud USB RW, and then wreck bosses real hard.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Okay, that sounds really good.

The problem with RW Cloud USB is my lack of Wall but it's good to know Chant's not just a +10 atk for Ramza (which wouldn't have been the end of the world anyway since I have Shout)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

does delita's bsb benefit all that much from chant? since it already gets bonus damage on criticals it seems like you'd want something that boosts crit chance, not necessarily damage

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Grand Armor is way better than it seems. My Ramza uses Tailwind way more than any other SB. Get him to 99 and always have him use his own level 99 RM Battleforged. Give him Full Break and whatever other ability makes sense for the boss fight and he'll be support plus party healer. It's great.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Sometimes the benefits of playing JP are considerable. :getin:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jesus christ

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cowcaster posted:

does delita's bsb benefit all that much from chant? since it already gets bonus damage on criticals it seems like you'd want something that boosts crit chance, not necessarily damage

You want a crit chance buff for Delita, yeah.

Delita does still get the bonus crit damage from Ramza SSB to do even more extra damage on crits (x2.5). It's just too infrequent to matter more then a crit chance buff.

LornMarkus posted:

Sometimes the benefits of playing JP are considerable. :getin:

Congrats! Strago BSB, 2 stat sticks and other stuff. But seriously, I can't wait for Global to eventually get this ridiculous free 30 pull.

Although as much as 30 relics at once is great, still only guaranteeing just one relic, even if it's an OSB, is a little disappointing.

Someone is gonna get 1/30.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Grand Armor is way better than it seems. My Ramza uses Tailwind way more than any other SB. Get him to 99 and always have him use his own level 99 RM Battleforged. Give him Full Break and whatever other ability makes sense for the boss fight and he'll be support plus party healer. It's great.

Hey thanks for reminding me about Battleforged, I would've probably tunnel visioned this event's MC3 to Orlandeau otherwise. Also the SB explanations are always appreciated, I can't evaluate these for the life of me.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hey thanks for reminding me about Battleforged, I would've probably tunnel visioned this event's MC3 to Orlandeau otherwise. Also the SB explanations are always appreciated, I can't evaluate these for the life of me.

Battleforged is an RM2. Ramzas Lvl 99 RM is... uniquely terrible. Orlandeau's owns though.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

pichupal posted:

Someone is gonna get 1/30.

From Reddit, the Tyro OSB/30 post.

Keep in mind that Japan is getting a free Tyro USB that's slightly weaker but has a Hastega attached and you'll see how bad this pull is.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 28, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

Congrats! Strago BSB, 2 stat sticks and other stuff. But seriously, I can't wait for Global to eventually get this ridiculous free 30 pull.

Although as much as 30 relics at once is great, still only guaranteeing just one relic, even if it's an OSB, is a little disappointing.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it overall, no actual dupes and Raijin's BSB is in there too which should be nice too.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

pichupal posted:

Keep in mind that Japan is getting a free Tyro USB that's slightly weaker but has a Hastega attached and you'll see how bad this pull is.

the saddest pull

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
As someone with Eiko's BSB, my chase relic on this banner would be the Genji Glove.

First pull was Ovelia's and Delita's BSB, so no more pulling for me.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

CaptainPsyko posted:

Battleforged is an RM2. Ramzas Lvl 99 RM is... uniquely terrible. Orlandeau's owns though.

Right I mixed it with Ace Striker. What should I equip Orlandeau with anyway, I have only his OSB? Dual wield Lifesiphon and use his RM3?

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Am I to understand that the Genji Glove is great once Cloud's USB hits?

Also, future planning on a banner to pull until then, I'd like to take a run at FFT banner 2 or Squalls BSB2 banner. Comparing the consolation prizes, FFT has a couple of support relics with Musty's guns I'm interested and FF8 has Irvine's stuff and Selphie's USB. How do these hold up in Japan right now?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Right I mixed it with Ace Striker. What should I equip Orlandeau with anyway, I have only his OSB? Dual wield Lifesiphon and use his RM3?

If you can afford the 5* orbs, the best loadout for Orlandeau is going to be whatever skills hit elemental weakness (he can carry a two hit five star for anything but Darkness and Poison). Hailstorm and Snowspell Strike is a particularly potent combo against ice weak.

Against neutral targets, (as well as Dark/Poison vuln in many cases), your best bet is Powerchain/full charge.

If you don't have the hones to support those more endgame loadouts, yeah, Lifesiphon is fine. Consider Dark Bargain or Hailstorm for extra ATK buffing for a second skill, or Full Charge to take advantage of TG mode after the OSB cast.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Lifesiphoning to OSB-spam isn't a bad idea. You could also go Lifesiphon+Full Charge if you want the buff to work with a damage ability.

Philouza posted:

Yeah. Cloud USB's buff gives 100% crit and Chant will boost the crit damage.

Here's a fun video with Cloud USB + Chant for Orlandu BSB on a Holy-weak boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6ndMP_YCY

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Philouza posted:

Also, future planning on a banner to pull until then, I'd like to take a run at FFT banner 2 or Squalls BSB2 banner. Comparing the consolation prizes, FFT has a couple of support relics with Musty's guns I'm interested and FF8 has Irvine's stuff and Selphie's USB. How do these hold up in Japan right now?

Genji is already good if you have any way to improve critical hit rate, since critical hit damage all stacks.

It is broken and amazing with Cloud's USB.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

iPodschun posted:

Lifesiphoning to OSB-spam isn't a bad idea. You could also go Lifesiphon+Full Charge if you want the buff to work with a damage ability.
Yeah. Cloud USB's buff gives 100% crit and Chant will boost the crit damage.

is crit normally 1.5x damage? how much does crit damage boost add?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Genji is already good if you have any way to improve critical hit rate, since critical hit damage all stacks.

It is broken and amazing with Cloud's USB.

Yeah, having Zell BSB and Genji Glove made getting Delita's BSB a lot less great than getting Ovelia's BSB would have been.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is crit normally 1.5x damage? how much does crit damage boost add?
It's +0.5 to the crit multiplier.

Default is x1.5 on crits, so it becomes x2.0 for crits, and x2.5 for crits on something like Delita's BSB that already does bonus crit damage.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Eiko BSB + Chant + Refia BSB haver here checking in. Good stuff.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pichupal posted:

lmao that's incredible

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Pander posted:

Yeah, having Zell BSB and Genji Glove made getting Delita's BSB a lot less great than getting Ovelia's BSB would have been.

Good news, the crit damage stacks so Delitia's BSB + Zell BSB + Genji will let Delita hit like a truck.

bilperkins2 posted:

Eiko BSB + Chant + Refia BSB haver here checking in. Good stuff.

I've never had any luck rage pulling / chasing, but I'll keep allocating 50 mythril every time Genji Glove comes up.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Pulled twice on the FFT banner. Didn't get any of Rapha's stuff, but did get Delita's burst (and super) as well as Tailwind.

Now my physical group is FFT Land, with Delita, Ramza and Agrias on it. What's a good setup for Delita? Just depend on his burst and Lifesiphon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

iPodschun posted:

Ha jeeez.

I don't have any +crit soulbreaks so the odd time I've used it was for an emergency barrier. I have Shout so there's been no other reason to break Chant out.

• Locked thread