Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I find his Q to be kinda poo poo tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Teikanmi posted:

They definitely are not "nuts". Very far from nuts.

If you can double dip on his E shield, which is honestly pretty easy, it has a 1.8 AP ratio, which is huge for a shield. It gets a bigger boost from the 40 AP on Athene's then it does from the 10% shield on redemption.

SomePacifist
Sep 4, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Played 11 games of Rakan in norms so far. He's really fun!

Currently here's what I'm doing, could be way off but it's a start:
  • 0/18/12 Windspeakers
  • MPen/Armor/AP blues + quints vs easy lanes, MPen/Armor/MR/AP vs ranged bully lanes
  • first item Mercury Treads??? It seems bizarre but it's a recommended item for a reason I guess. There's no other MR in his buildpath and you just e x p l o d e from one spell otherwise, and targeted CC is the absolute death of him when you try to engage.
  • after that, sightstone -> Talisman -> Redemption -> Ardent
  • roam CONSTANTLY, if you're not ganking you're losing since his laning other than WQE whenever his passive is up is garbage. He reminds me most of Alistar.
  • wheeeeee dash dash dash

I've been going 0/12/18 with CotC.
Skilling W > E > Q, Max W with 1 point Q both have 12s CD allowing for the standard WQE trade. Even if you dont have E dash ready the shield negates the walk out as your heal is ready.

The real issue is he's too squishy without CotC when you're teamfighting, if you miss the W you're going to die with Windspeakers. Plus, you get an extra few moments for Redemption/Locket actives. I wouldn't run AP/MPen on him either, I tried and he will pop every time he gets near the fight. I've found Armor/Health/MR/Armor Quints help his laning. Saw a few build using HP Regen Quints too, and I've been thinking move speed quints might also work well on him. Like a few people have been saying, his AP scale is hot garbage and early game numbers really matter on such a squishy melee CC champ like him.

*I am also gold and bad at the game so ymmv

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Give me your favorite non meta yet still effective picks like xin top, I think it's partially so effective because it surprises people. Anyway xin with lane gold is a monster initiator and a big lane bully too

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Rammus in any lane, doing anything.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Darth Windu posted:

Give me your favorite non meta yet still effective picks like xin top, I think it's partially so effective because it surprises people. Anyway xin with lane gold is a monster initiator and a big lane bully too

Malphite mid all day every day. Every teamfight after 20 minutes, you kill two people with your combo to open the fight, die, and then your team cleans up the 4v3.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Vladimir is really good if you like making your opponent hate that they ever opened the League client and not many people play him

Bonus points if you constantly spam dance and have your Q set to also flash a mastery emote

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Mash posted:

Malphite mid all day every day. Every teamfight after 20 minutes, you kill two people with your combo to open the fight, die, and then your team cleans up the 4v3.

Oh man I forgot about malph mid. Gonna have to play that

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Just a big slab of beef saying "bring it" (my helmet)

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 27, 2017

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Played some more Rakan, even got an S!

Mpen sounds really terrible on him. How much magic damage to champs do you even contribute? Windspeakers is good because you have a heal and 3 shields (one personal) and probably build heal and shield items. AP runes are better on him than tank because if you play him right you only expose yourself when it's not that risky: as followup CC or as a flash engage or as peel when people are trying to kill a damage threat, or as peel. You have literally no reason or excuse for staying in the middle of the fight instead of kiting.

In my games I've been going AP runes and Q max more and more and loving it. It's really shown me how bad tank is on him by comparison: .7 AP on a 6-3.3s CD aoe heal as of level 9 is real good, 1.6 AP on his E over two casts means you can afford not to max it in lane, and .9 AP to his personal shield mitigates the lower resists in lane.

I've been going spellthiefs into mobi boots–they really help in laning for trying to hit Qs–into sightstone into FQC then healing shielding or buffing support stuff: redemption, locket, censer, zeke's, knight's vow. Haven't tried chalice items but I'd think they'd be bad because you don't have mana problems so those stats are wasted, and you don't deal much damage.

I suspect the whole "Q heal scales with your level and not its rank" isn't really a reason to make it a one-point wonder, it's to make him not complete bullshit when you max it first because it's cooldown gets so low.

Also, have some highlights. We get completely owned in the last one. But I get a ton of healing off in the second.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I started playing Rumble whenever I'm able to get top or jungle and man, when you really get rolling on that dude he's a shitload of fun.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

njsykora posted:

I started playing Rumble whenever I'm able to get top or jungle and man, when you really get rolling on that dude he's a shitload of fun.

I would play him more if I could figure out how to CS on him. Even as someone in the top tier of league players (Gold V) I have trouble CSing.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
throwback thursday

this post is even better now that he has the fuckin monte av lmfoa

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That would have been a good post had he stopped at the first sentence.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Does anyone know if there's a compilation video out there somewhere of Montecristo stepping on rakes?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i remember all the roasting that came after that as probably the funniest moments of the thread ever.

lib is a bit of a goofball but he's a good lad really, though :)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Luna Was Here posted:

throwback thursday

this post is even better now that he has the fuckin monte av lmfoa

That was about the weird SEA tournament, right? That was hilarious.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I figure that most goons don't know about how things work in the real world anyways so they wouldn't even know that he's right but holy poo poo he comes across like an alt righter

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

I figure that most goons don't know about how things work in the real world anyways so they wouldn't even know that he's right but holy poo poo he comes across like an alt righter

His conclusions, given in the first sentence, are right; his reasoning to get to those conclusions, given in the rest of that post, are bonkers insane.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As a suit wearing man, I definitely have seen women who put off/shun having kids get ahead or at least are better off than women who have kids, I mean that's pretty universal

But how can I make this relate to my fighting mans bug jar game?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

As a suit wearing man, I definitely have seen women who put off/shun having kids get ahead or at least are better off than women who have kids, I mean that's pretty universal

But how can I make this relate to my fighting mans bug jar game?

Sure, women who have kids get ahead of those without kids — in the United States, where we have abysmal laws and standards regarding childcare, maternity leave, etc. The much bigger issue is societal norms, which is what makes his first sentence correct.

As to how this relates to fightyman games? Uhhh ...

Once upon a time, Miss Fortune — née Sarah — was just a little girl who had not yet been exposed to the existence of either drunken sailors or tentacles, and then one day Gangplank shot her parents and then several seasons later Illaoi and Vel'Koz came to exist; furthermore, :o:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the United States loving sucks dick

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

the United States loving sucks dick

So do you :thinking:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does anyone have any tips for Warwick I'm going to play him tonight.

Did they fix his q so that it follows now?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Darth Windu posted:

Does anyone have any tips for Warwick I'm going to play him tonight.

Did they fix his q so that it follows now?

Get a Tiamat first, start W, then Q and E. Max W, then Q and E, rank up R at 11 and 16. You wanna get red or blue smite as well (either for slap fights or quick snipes and slows respectively). I rush titanic after I pick smite flavor, then Cinderhulk, t2 boots and defensive items, usually GA first. With max W you are incredibly loving fast, and you can use blood scented opponents to get around the map faster without running up to gank.

Also when someone is nearly dead, like 10% HP around him he goes berserk and the move speed bonus is tripled. It's immensely fun.

Additionally dragging through component of his Q ignores most if not all pushback mechanics like Alistar headbutt and will follow flashes. You can practice the displacement ignore with dragon.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wait do you really max W before Q on Warwick? have I been doing it wrong the whole time?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I've been doing it since game 2. Yeah, your nuke is worse, but the like 110% attack speed and 55% movespeed when someone is at 50% is big.

I mean really all of his skills are tremendously good, probably fear and blood scent are the best. I've found blood scent is great for cleanup.

Op.gg says I'm super wrong, maxing Q into E with a single point of W is best, but I dunno. I'll try it out, but I do like having a bazillion movespeed at level 9.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Servaetes I'll try it your way first. Attack and move speed are fun. Why ga first after core? And do you use smart cast or regular on his ult, feels like it might be hard to judge how far you can jump without the indicator

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
There's already an indicator if your ult is off cd

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played warwick top recently and i loved my screen randomly changing color constantly, it was a visually exciting game

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
lol i love it....i was toxic af and drunk and won all my games. slot machine game.

carry me pls

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

Servaetes I'll try it your way first. Attack and move speed are fun. Why ga first after core? And do you use smart cast or regular on his ult, feels like it might be hard to judge how far you can jump without the indicator

I've had smart cast with indicators on for the past five years. I'd say his effective jump range increases to like 1.5 it's regular range on a half health target and pretty drat far when they're in that 10% near death range. Generally try not to use it as your immediate initiation because you'll probably miss it a lot more than anything else.

Additionally hitting W when you think someone is near is excellent for tracking movement because while it puts blood scent on a long CD it's like a very long range Rek'sai track.

I'm personally gonna try Q this evening and see how it pans out but I've liked W first.

I'd say GA as the third item because he's pretty drat high sustain and he's gonna be the first guy in and will stay committed to the engage so he's likely to get focused because the squishes are running from you

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Thanks my friend. Can I buy wits end

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

hello Warwick player here and from playing myself and watching a bunch of streams, here's my take on WW jungle.

Start Q, with a leash from your bot lane (or toplaner if you want to end up botside after getting your buffs) you kill the buff super fast and have an actual skill if the opposing team decides to invade. Level 2 you get W, then E at level 3 then you level W until you get your ult at 6, then max Q > W or E > whichever you didn't max second.

The early levels in W give you a bunch of skirmishing and gank potential and also knocks down the CD enough you can use it to gank quite often. Q is best to max after you get your ult because the healing you get from it scales with level which is the important bit for midgame skirmish and teamfights. Your fear is great and what I will usually max second because the DR is super good, but there are reasons to max W second.

Warwick's build is pretty versatile, you can go full bore tankwick and initiate and absorb ridiculous amounts of punishment while your team cleans up or a bruiser/fighter build that'll let you kill the poo poo of squishies or big tanks 1v1.

Always get a tiamat before your jungle item which you should be able to afford with a full jungle clear or partial jungle clear + successful gank. Then you pick up skirmishers and sit on it, complete a tank item (deadmans or spirit depending on how the enemy team's damage is slanted), finish jungle item (cinderhulk for tank, bloodrazor if you're ahead and want to kill people), titantic > GA > another tank item. Put consideration into updgrading into Boots 2 if you have the money because WW's % movespeed buff benefits heavily from flat movespeed.

Look up runepages if you want, I enjoy a 30% atk speed page with armor and some cdr on it, Warwick doesn't really need AD to help clear the jungle and his passive benefits greatly from more attack speed.

I can say more words but honestly just get out there and have fun hunting, biting and jumping.

Darth Windu posted:

If they have 3 ap if you don't buy that poo poo I'll be at my wit's end about you.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I just bought Kled. Is the secret to just go balls to the wall all day every day?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

I am unsure if it is worth twenty dollars for us to both earn red titles in another duel that will tear the thread apart.

Realtalk though it's not really worth, but folks buy triforce on him when obscenely ahead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Triforce makes Warwick's Q hit like a truck, I recommend it whenever you can get away with it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

I am unsure if it is worth twenty dollars for us to both earn red titles in another duel that will tear the thread apart.

Realtalk though it's not really worth, but folks buy triforce on him when obscenely ahead

It's ok if you're ahead or you have a top lamer who is beefy and can afford the slight hit to your bulk. The sheen proc is applied on his Q AND factors into the healing you get from it - in addition to the fact that none of the stats are wasted on him which is nice.

Common-core of hydra cinderhulk DMP/SV is also good too.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Thank you for the words saffron. I enjoyed reading them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sorry I didn't play with you Keeby but I need to carry another game. Rawr.

• Locked thread