Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3EYliQ1xww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yawn

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6DA_WwO90c

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

Antifas have been used to generate publicity for far-right book sales. The dump trick rear end marks got played like the dumb trick rear end marks that they are.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

who is paying for milo to stay in the US

he was on a special skills visa from breitbart

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
HEY GUYS A PEDOPHILE SUPPORTER IS COMING BACK LETS ALL HEIL HITLER TOGETHER.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I couldn't make it to the end. Did he get punched in the face?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Montasque posted:

Antifas have been used to generate publicity for far-right book sales. The dump trick rear end marks got played like the dumb trick rear end marks that they are.

they would find some way to generate publicity for them no matter what happened or who turned out, or what they did, or if anything happens at all. they just have to talk about this new young hip conservative bestseller on foxnews and breitbart for a couple days and incredibly it becomes a hit read

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Got drat this guy is dumb as poo poo.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

like, stop acting like ppl on the left (or any real people or events for that matter) have any impact on whether these interchangable right wing grifters get to be popular or have their voices elevated

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ron Jeremy posted:

I couldn't make it to the end. Did he get punched in the face?

No lie this is 99% what it's like to talk to a Zionist it's the exact same loving language holy poo poo racists are garbage.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
"Oh no you might give them a platform!" is dumbest concern troll bullshit. I heard someone unironically say that people shouldn't protest Ann Coulter lest they give her a national platform. Are you loving kidding me?

You cannot stop these guys from getting a platform because the media is full of far-right assholes or privileged liberals who view far-right assholes as a quaint interest piece and not an existential threat. What you can do is give them a platform on your terms instead of theirs. Don't believe for a second that people like Milo and Spencer actually like the fact they need protection wherever they go, have most of their speeches cancelled or surrounded by massive hatemobs, or are forced to defend themselves in the spotlight under heavy fire without the necessary PR training and support network to come out of these situations unscathed. They can't say it because doing so would be an admission of weakness, but most of these guys would rather keep grifting in the shadows, organically gaining experience and followers until the mainstream comes to them instead of being shunted into the limelight, where each one of these fuckers have promptly been roasted into oblivion. Not only that, but by showing up in the streets and canceling their events, the left makes itself look visible and powerful in a media market that has no interest in them.

Far-right bullshit will always have a (small, insular) market but it's not some magic mind ray where people see an image of Based Stick Man on the screen and decide to become nazis. Bad publicity is very real and you need to take control of their narrative away from them.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

No lie this is 99% what it's like to talk to a Zionist it's the exact same loving language holy poo poo racists are garbage.

If your great idea starts with 'we should have a country only for X race/religion' then you're probably a garbage person who should insert yourself into the nearest woodchipper for the good of humanity. No exceptions.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

HorseRenoir posted:

Far-right bullshit will always have a (small, insular) market but it's not some magic mind ray where people see an image of Based Stick Man on the screen and decide to become nazis. Bad publicity is very real and you need to take control of their narrative away from them.

I think the problem comes with the fact that right now they look worse overall standing around in their dumb outfits waiting for anti-fa to show than actually fighting them in the streets in lots of cases

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

are you suggesting the anarchist should stop punching the fash? consider how opposed the forum is to this belief!

we hate cops

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

good christ

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm the cloth map of Morrowind on the ceiling

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I always like following right wing tweet chains to their users because you'll find weird rear end poo poo like this

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Apr 28, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
ahahaha

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

they don't even fit

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

they don't even fit

nice

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/un-experts-killed-congo-video-michael-sharp-zaida-catalan

apparently, they were investigating violations arms embargo for the UN, when a militia came upon them and did all the awful poo poo and then beheaded them. also i love how these alt right cunts poo poo on the victim. the "sweadish" thing is because she is half Argentinian. what really angers is these nazi parasites dont even care about the victim(hell they mock them) they are just a means to an end. whats worse is those Europa fucks are on my campus because every other week or so a bunch of their posters will be strewn about.

they have careers as right wing politicians in their futures, besides have i told you the good news?

trump is strong, and cool, and good, and ready to make America great again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

great example of the white race here

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

blamegame posted:

we hate cops

we all hate cops; wait no, everyone hates cops except us, the republicans

anyway, be wary of cops; they have guns whereas antifa only have fists; be careful

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

"Oh no you might give them a platform!" is dumbest concern troll bullshit. I heard someone unironically say that people shouldn't protest Ann Coulter lest they give her a national platform. Are you loving kidding me?

You cannot stop these guys from getting a platform because the media is full of far-right assholes or privileged liberals who view far-right assholes as a quaint interest piece and not an existential threat. What you can do is give them a platform on your terms instead of theirs. Don't believe for a second that people like Milo and Spencer actually like the fact they need protection wherever they go, have most of their speeches cancelled or surrounded by massive hatemobs, or are forced to defend themselves in the spotlight under heavy fire without the necessary PR training and support network to come out of these situations unscathed. They can't say it because doing so would be an admission of weakness, but most of these guys would rather keep grifting in the shadows, organically gaining experience and followers until the mainstream comes to them instead of being shunted into the limelight, where each one of these fuckers have promptly been roasted into oblivion. Not only that, but by showing up in the streets and canceling their events, the left makes itself look visible and powerful in a media market that has no interest in them.

Where did I say don't protest them? Where did I say don't try and shut them down?

What I am against is "strike first" political violence because it doesn't work in the context of the America in 2017. All the proof of that is in this thread where you have most of the left including Bernie Sanders, and Chris Mathews, taking Coulter's side.

Also saying that grifters want to operate in the shadows is a laugh. If the grifters wanted to operate in the shadows why do they keep going back to Berkeley?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I listened to some of the speeches yesterday and what's worth noting about Based Stick Man is that he's a libertarian who makes calls to pan-racial American unity in defense of free speech, etc. Also notable was the presence of people of color there. So you can question his motives since Pinochet et. al. but suffice to say it's at odds with the Nathan Damigos and Richard Spencers of the world, and you'll find a lot of heat at extreme right forums directed at the "alt-lite" types giving such normie speeches.

What does unite them is hatred of the speech-policing left in general and anarchists in particular. What they don't have (I think) is an answer to non-violent protest or at least a united answer to it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

Where did I say don't protest them? Where did I say don't try and shut them down?

What I am against is "strike first" political violence because it doesn't work in the context of the America in 2017. All the proof of that is in this thread where you have most of the left including Bernie Sanders, and Chris Mathews, taking Coulter's side.

Also saying that grifters want to operate in the shadows is a laugh. If the grifters wanted to operate in the shadows why do they keep going back to Berkeley?

well ya as usual the straight left doesnt have a plan beyond "lets wait and see" but that doesnt mean they gotta be mad just because someone has a better idea than them :q:

but for real this would be a real problem if antifa was a political party or the wing of one, but its one o those "name " its really up to the straight left to actually build a movement that has a more attractive alternative to the raw vindictive rage of the young

which is also why it's like who gives a poo poo if individuals like richard spencer or that other guy get rich, complete assholes get rich all the time (or are born that way! black bloc didnt even make them rich!) they're not likely to use their personal fortunes to build a mass movement and they're never going to let another one of them declare authority over them as they all see themselves as King Nazi.

also its clearly working. they're being chased off of campuses and where they're not its becoming too expensive for even professional skeletor impersonator ann coulter to speak at berkley now. idk how tf a pieceful protest would shut him down unless you are talking about something akin to a human chain i guess, but it doesnt seem like anyones organizing that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Far Right grift is good, because books and mailing list circuits drain resources from what could be an organized political movement, and repurpose it for nose candy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

well ya as usual the straight left doesnt have a plan beyond "lets wait and see" but that doesnt mean they gotta be mad just because someone has a better idea than them :q:

but for real this would be a real problem if antifa was a political party or the wing of one, but its one o those "name " its really up to the straight left to actually build a movement that has a more attractive alternative to the raw vindictive rage of the young

which is also why it's like who gives a poo poo if individuals like richard spencer or that other guy get rich, complete assholes get rich all the time (or are born that way! black bloc didnt even make them rich!) they're not likely to use their personal fortunes to build a mass movement and they're never going to let another one of them declare authority over them as they all see themselves as King Nazi.

also its clearly working. they're being chased off of campuses and where they're not its becoming too expensive for even professional skeletor impersonator ann coulter to speak at berkley now. idk how tf a pieceful protest would shut him down unless you are talking about something akin to a human chain i guess, but it doesnt seem like anyones organizing that

You need to separate the true believers like Spencer from the grifters like Milo.

Spencer gives talks at universities to promote his ideas, build his movement. His end goal is a white ethno state.

Milo, Lauren Southern, and Coulter do these university gigs to promote books. That's it. So when you shut them down with violent LARP battles they love it. They just got all the free publicity in the world, and they didn't have to do any work.

Yesterday antifas no showing did more damage for the book tour than actually showing up.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Far Right grift is good, because books and mailing list circuits drain resources from what could be an organized political movement, and repurpose it for nose candy.

Ok this is a compelling argument. LARP away!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean yes it is funny that larpers are doing more to successfully combat fascism than the entirety of the straight left (which appears to be mostly tweeting rn) but again who gives a poo poo if an coulter is personally more well off, that money is going to her exceptionally expensive whites only maid service

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

milo will make a triumphant return and the first words out of his mouth will be "i like to suck baby dick" and he will be invited onto all the talk shows and his book will be a best seller

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Milo's back... in pog form

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

milo will make a triumphant return and the first words out of his mouth will be "i like to suck baby dick" and he will be invited onto all the talk shows and his book will be a best seller

Booyah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

i cant believe antifa would do this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

xpostin

Tesseraction posted:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article147344794.html

according to witnesses he went onto the campus and asked women if they were liberal or conservative, macheted the first woman to say liberal

nother sadboy attacks a rando on a college campus because his donger's ne'er been all stinky

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I read an article a while back about how this kind of grift killed the Tea Party as an organized movement that people rallied behind. It apparently has degenerated into a never-ending stream of "Donate $20 now to stop Obama from implementing Sharia law in your home town!!!" emails from Super PACs that don't actually do much political action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"man wearing flags" hahahahaha