Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Can someone please tell me what control feature I need to adjust so that I don't feel like my look speed is going the speed of light since this update?

I had to drop my look sensitivity by 20% to have the same feel as pre-update, what the hell?

Laminator fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Laminator posted:

Can someone please tell me what control feature I need to adjust so that I don't feel like my look speed is going the speed of light since this update?

I had to drop my look sensitivity by 20% to have the same feel as pre-update, what the hell?

aim acceleration got turned on under advanced options probably

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I don't really think the hellregiel is that OP. It's just overused tbh. Same goes for the model 10-A hunter. The other shotguns have more potential if you use them right it's just easier to use the 10-A.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ease of use is exactly what makes guns popular.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

The Hellrigel is pretty loving easy to use. You can take on multiple opponents with it (uncommon feature in BF1), it has a giant magazine, the recoil is very forgiving, it hip fires decently, the range isn't bad especially with its rate if fire...

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
if thats the case then why don't you see as many players, if not more, with anything near the amount of service stars for the other assault class weapons that they had to use on the way to unlocking it? or any class for that matter? even when some autism charioteer or tank lord is dooking on your team there's still probably someone in the match with more hellreigel stars

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You only need 2-3 service stars per gun to get to the Hellriegel. Also you can get points for assault just by blowing up armor. It's not strictly tied to bullet kills.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Ease of use is exactly what makes guns popular.

yeah I really don't understand the argument that a gun being harder to use makes it better / more powerful lmao

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
So where is Xbox platoon

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Has anyone made a Platoon yet on PS4? If not, I'll make one tonight. Haven't played in awhile so it'll be good to get back into the swing of things.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Has anyone made a Platoon yet on PS4? If not, I'll make one tonight. Haven't played in awhile so it'll be good to get back into the swing of things.

BUTT CLAN RIDES AGAIN (I think either Backup or Eff set one up?)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Nooicceeee

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

I made an xbox live club a couple weeks ago but no one joined lol

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

e.pilot posted:

I made an xbox live club a couple weeks ago but no one joined lol

PS4 community has ~130 members :smug:

We're talking about the "Platoons" thing which was just introduced with the Spring patch, though. I think they're basically the same thing as communities/clubs, but in-game.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Yeah, search for Butt Clan on PS4. Also make sure that you represent the platoon; it doesn't automatically make you rep a platoon when you join one.
I'm a little disappointed that the platoon flag doesn't actually replace the main flag on a point, it's just a tiny little pennant below the team flag.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
So sorry I haven't joined the BUTT crew yet, but I'll be home around 3:30 eastern for some shootmans.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
My wife is gone all day tomorrow so I'm thinking I might be high and shooting mans all day tomorrow

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

yeah I really don't understand the argument that a gun being harder to use makes it better / more powerful lmao
I use the MP-18 because it is easier to use than the Hellreigel. :shrug: The only smg that has a worse recoil pattern is the automatico, although to be fair there aren't many smgs in the first place. The only thing the Hellreigel really has going for it is a decent rate of fire and a big rear end magazine.

Got to try the Hellregiel defensive last night when someone switched kits with me to revive me. It seems like an lmg without the accuracy. Unless you use the bipod of course.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

PS4 community has ~130 members :smug:

We're talking about the "Platoons" thing which was just introduced with the Spring patch, though. I think they're basically the same thing as communities/clubs, but in-game.

Oh in that case I'll make one here as soon as my game finishes updating. Will also be called Butt Clan for consistency's sake and my lack of creativity.

E:
Done

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 28, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do I join the Goon Platoon? I can't find the options in the menu.

Huh. Sweeper is a weird choice.

I dunno how reliable/real Battlefield Tracker is but here you go global leaderboards

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/rifle

actually this doesn't collate total kills by the look of it, but... christ there's people with 60,000 sweeper kills

I used to see a lot of sweepers back in the new year, not as much, but there was a resurgance to get the new weapons. I think why it was so popular is that it has a large magazine and its fairly accurate. It doesn't need a lot of skill to get kills with.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

fastest- pick up blackwake next time it's on sale on steam and lets play pirate fps

Heard it was dope I'll look into it. Been playing a lot of diablo so usually not logged into steam but yea we need to game more

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
So, there's a shark easter egg on Fort Vaux.

https://youtu.be/wakkvcX8RMU

How the gently caress do people discover how to trigger these things omfg

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Man, played in an open ps4 goon community party every night this past week during PST prime time and zero people joined up.

Can anyone recommend actual active communities of BF1 players?! I see these groups of dicks on the other teams sporting clan tags now and I know why the team I'm on has a hard time. Very little teamwork.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
You'll probably have better results adding players that are still active and sending out invites if you see them on rather than expecting people to join a party on their own.

I'm usually on around early afternoon in Pacific time so that might not work out often but feel free to add Backup_Snacks on PSN.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Auxiliary Treats posted:

You'll probably have better results adding players that are still active and sending out invites if you see them on rather than expecting people to join a party on their own.

I'm usually on around early afternoon in Pacific time so that might not work out often but feel free to add Backup_Snacks on PSN.

There's no way to invite players to platoons from what I can see.

e: you can with Xbox live clubs though, I've invited everyone from the list in the op

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 29, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why is it STILL such a pain in the rear end to quit to the main menu from the end of round screen :mad:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Come play with a BUTT, PS4ce

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

Come play with a BUTT, PS4ce

Lawns, I see you bein online but I was stabbing machineosaurs. I'm be back in like 45 mins and will join up.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Welp finally unlocked the Selbstlader 1906 sniper and drat it's accurate as hell. I knew the gun was accurate but you don't realize how much until you have a decent scope on it. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the marksman or sniper variants of the medic rifles.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is anyone on right now?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

lambskin posted:

Welp finally unlocked the Selbstlader 1906 sniper and drat it's accurate as hell. I knew the gun was accurate but you don't realize how much until you have a decent scope on it. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the marksman or sniper variants of the medic rifles.

does it have a telescopic or sniper scope? the medic gun naming conventions are weird

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I just left, gotta go to a birthday party :(

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Is anyone on right now?

Hopping on shortlike

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also, backup PLEASE BUTT ME. Make me in BUTT.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

does it have a telescopic or sniper scope? the medic gun naming conventions are weird

It has the same scope as the Mondragon sniper.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

The latency changes means that I straight up can't play with you yanks any more: No hits are registering

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Abiggoat posted:

The latency changes means that I straight up can't play with you yanks any more: No hits are registering

i got put on a br server the other day and its real bad.

in any case the hotboiz will carry you to victory

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

We're getting fibre installed in the next week or so, so hopefully that'll sort it. Currently on ~5d/0.5u, which should change to 250d/30u!

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

so if people are rubber banding all over the place, that means their connection is still lovely, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I get odd ping spikes every now and then, only see it on BF though so I've always just assumed :dice: maybe I should look in to it further.