Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they already filmed episodes and are just sitting on them? drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I figure its probably a contractual thing because

Hat Thoughts posted:

Keith Raza opened for norm yesterday so thats the level of hope this rumor operates on

&

Hat Thoughts posted:

Now the post youre hoping it is but at least some suggestion we will be escaping this endless wait

https://twitter.com/TravisFWelch/status/833069973643915266

https://twitter.com/Danielkellison/status/833070279634989056

& it seems crazy to me that Norm would be the only thing holding back the release of content w/ David Letterman & Jerry Seinfeld, even if he was opposed to it who wouldnt want to make money off that?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i like this thread being open because its nice 2 have a repository for Norm links even if the Podcast isnt going. Now is that worth the emotional toll that falls on me when I get my hopes up for some new Norm only to encounter a 40-post derail about the ethics of falling asleep? Hard call 4 sure

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hat Thoughts posted:

i like this thread being open because its nice 2 have a repository for Norm links even if the Podcast isnt going. Now is that worth the emotional toll that falls on me when I get my hopes up for some new Norm only to encounter a 40-post derail about the ethics of falling asleep? Hard call 4 sure

Take a chill pill man!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I like the thread being open. We could at least leave it that way for a month or so after the special airs. by then we will probably know it's over.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i cant wait for norm's special, i really enjoyed me doing standup

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Norm doesn't drink or use drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZDZ6k6skQ

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i can't in good gently caress believe this

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
there's a Tom green live interview where Tom offered a jaegermeister shot to Norm. cue Norm asking for like ten other shots in just as many minutes. he was blasted pretty quick.

the guy definitely didn't only have gambling for a vice.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
you know sometimes i think this norm macdonald guy might be of questionable character

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah thats hilarious, norm is hilarious close it

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Odddzy posted:

there's a Tom green live interview where Tom offered a jaegermeister shot to Norm. cue Norm asking for like ten other shots in just as many minutes. he was blasted pretty quick.

the guy definitely didn't only have gambling for a vice.

please dont do this

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
. I'm going to be mature

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't they make the plane out of that kid

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

ol yeller posted:

please dont do this

Do what? Can you read?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Odddzy posted:

Do what? Can you read?

the stupid GBS thing where you begin assuming things about people you dont know and foisting traits onto them. it ruins threads and is epically retarded. please dont do it.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

ol yeller posted:

the stupid GBS thing where you begin assuming things about people you dont know and foisting traits onto them. it ruins threads and is epically retarded. please dont do it.

So you haven't watched the interview in question nor have heard people talk about the guy anywhere I gather? Norm is notorious for is lack of self-control.

Instead of putting your celebrities up on pedestals you could just accept he's a flawed old chunk of coal that we all wish will one day turn into a diamond.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
What was the best episode of the podcast? Don't say the first one with Superdave. I want to revisit the show but not watch em all again yet.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Larry King for sure

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Nick Swardsen or whatever his name is. They have great chemistry.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I like the ones where Norm fucks with his guests the most. The Todd Glass one is great for that and the one with Stephen Merchant too.

Edit : The one with gilbert where they gently caress with Adam Eget a ton is great too.

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 1, 2017

Lemon
May 22, 2003

If you want Egret abuse then the David Spade one is a goldmine.

"Traditionally..."

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
"Chicken, Steak. Have never tasted so good"

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Again! Again..

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Eget abuse is funny until you listen to him on "untill I lose interest" podcast and then you just feel kinda bad for him.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Harminoff posted:

Eget abuse is funny until you listen to him on "untill I lose interest" podcast and then you just feel kinda bad for him.

Eget's great, he's had a lovely life but really made the most of it. Everyone that goes around the Comedy Store speaks incredibly highly of him.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Because they want to get booked there.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

GoldfishStew posted:

Because they want to get booked there.

Thats probably true, but I was mostly referring to the fact the comedy store was apparently in a sad state for a long Time when the old owner was kind of out if it and the world was slowly passing her by. Also, the compliments i've heard were often said by guys that could bump other comics if they wanted to work on a set and were established enough that they don't really need to kiss a holocaust deniers rear end to get a spot.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

It was in a sad state and then roast battle happened.

And even those big guys want the spots. What do you mean? It's la. There's tons of big guys, they all want spots. They gotta do what they gotta do to get them.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I mean, it's adam eget. How do you not see that he's a complete and total piece of poo poo?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Adam Eget is the manager of the comedy store, a holocaust denier, and he used to jerk off punks under the queensboro bridge for $15 a man. I'm not sure what people don't like about him?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

15 new posts and no one slept through a special taping? ugh

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

adam egret sucks

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Short Norm interview thats got a new Norm story (& an old one)

http://www.ttbook.org/book/menefreghismo

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Harminoff posted:

when he starts to lose interest in denying the holocaust i'll start to be interested

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Special's up on Netflix

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I'm going to fall asleep while watching it.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Just watched a couple minutes and I'm disappointed they cut the Cosby jokes - the punchline it opens with is the last punchline to a great couple minutes of Cosby jokes.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was disappointed with Norm's new Netflix special. A lot of material I have heard before. I did get some laughs out of it, but I wasn't laughing uproariously the whole time like I should be with Norm. idk maybe my expectations were too high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What % of it is Adam Eget jokes?

• Locked thread