Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My landlord will not renew my lease because I'm pregnant.

OP posted:

I live in NY and my landlord decided not to renew my lease this August because my 1 bedroom is "not suitable for 3 people". I know she allows couples in her apartments because there was one living above me in a similarly sized 1 bedroom. I'm the only one on my lease right now and I would have my boyfriend moving in too. Is there any legal action I can take? We found a 2 bedroom but have to break the least early. Can I stop paying rent since she is being discriminatory?

quote:

No. You can't stop paying rent on your current contract just because you don't like that she's not renewing the contract.

You can talk to an attorney about potential discrimination issues. Generally speaking, there's not much issue with max occupancy rules, so long as they're applied across the board. The fact that there are two people living above you doesn't mean that she must let you have three people in yours.

OP posted:

An infant does not legally count as a person, though.

:crossarms: That's a bold defense but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's not gonna fly

EDIT: Oh man her reasoning gets even better

OP posted:

No lmao. In NY, you are not legally obligated to report any persons under the age of 18 and landlords are not legally allowed to discriminate against families with children according to the fair housing act.

quote:

Yes, that's true, but that's different from rules on occupancy. If they allow three adults, but not two adults and a child, that's discriminatory. If they don't allow three adults, either, that's not discriminatory.

OP posted:

What I'm confused about, though, is if I'm not obligated to report minors, then they shouldn't count in the occupancy. It would be different if I were attempting to move 10 children into a one bedroom, because I think that counts as a health hazard in some way. (Not a lawyer or a social worker), but an infant isn't required to have a bedroom and would share ours. The space is plenty big enough.

quote:

Just because you aren't obligated to report the child, it doesn't mean the landlord can't find out through other means.

The classic "If they can't see it, it's not there!" legal defense! Now applied to babies! :confuoot:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Danaru posted:

:crossarms: That's a bold defense but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's not gonna fly

EDIT: Oh man her reasoning gets even better

The classic "If they can't see it, it's not there!" legal defense! Now applied to babies! :confuoot:

Fair housing law states that you cannot discriminate based on familial status, and an unborn child cannot be taken into consideration when making lease arrangements. I had to learn all that poo poo when I was working renting out apartments.

E: I'm not sure if it was by law, but we allowed a maximum of 2x + 1 residents per apartment, where x is the number of rooms.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 28, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

[medical] is there a way to make your penis spasm by itself? (self.sex)
submitted 8 hours ago by PeterZ1998
whenever i dirty talk and get anxious my leg will start to spasm, would be good if it happened down there too, it would be a wonderful orgasm, possible?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Saying that you can't possibly have a baby in a 1br is absolutely insane by NYC standards.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

please take a minute to dream up the weirdest thing you think it could possibly be before clicking, based on what you already know of these two very sane individuals

I was told by /r/dogs to take my post over here.

I am a very experience dog owner but my girlfriend is... unappreciable, at best. She currently has some sort of bizarre doodle breed she paid $10,000 for (I wish I was kidding, folks) and this dog is insane. Zero training, the thing didn't even know sit when I met him.

I have since trained him and he's decently behaved around me. She still lets him run wild around her. The dog is massively overweight despite my best measures because every time I increase his exercise my girlfriend increases his food. Speaking of, she only feeds him hot dogs. As in she cooks hot dogs, puts them in buns, adds toppings and then feeds him about 5-6 per meal three times a day. I don't know how he is still alive.

I try to feed him kibble but she continues to sneak the hot dogs behind my back. I started keeping guard in the kitchen, throwing out any hot dogs that appear in the fridge but she still managed to stuff him full with them. I've gone so far as to camp out in front of the fridge for 2 weeks straight and she bought a mini fridge behind my back and hid it in the cabana. Stuffed full with hot dogs. I finally taught the dog to potty train despite her best efforts. She will not let him play with other dogs because she is very overprotective of diseases and doesn't even let him go outside (I have to exercise him when she's gone or very early before she wakes up). I've started sneaking him away during the day to a training facility so he can be socialized under the inspection of a trainer.

She refuses to cut the dogs hair so it's a dirty matted rag walking around. She says dogs in the wild don't cut their hair and she won't either. INSANITY. So last week while she was at work I shaved the dog's hair off. She came home and had a complete meltdown, screaming and sobbing uncontrollable. She ran outside and gathered all the hair and is keeping it in a box on our kitchen table. And has since rejected the dog and instead pets the shaved hair.

This morning she threw away a $60 bag of dog food and told me the dog must've eaten it overnight and would need hot dogs until we could get more. I have her on camera throwing away the entire bag that I paid for. This isn't the first time. She's tried to hide and throw away his leashes several times so I couldn't walk him among other things.

Would you share the link for this one, please?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I'll hate the woman who demanded the AC be turned off on the long van ride back from a festival because she was cold, tyvm. I was suffering from extreme heatstroke at the time and had a patch of skin that actually turned into a weird sort of raised piece of brown leathery poo poo after a few days. This was on a 98ish degree day in Missouri with all of the humidity.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

OH GOD

quote:

[Health] First time cleaning my penis at age 20, and need help (self.sex)
submitted 1 day ago by throwaway713_
Hey, everyone!
I'm uncircumcised, and I read somewhere that I should be cleaning my penis under the foreskin regularly, and I've never once done it. Better late than never, right?
I just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right. I've read up on it, but I'd really appreciate any tips or pointers you may have. Video or image guides (not too gross, please) would also be really appreciated
I've also read conflicting things about soap. What should I be using, no soap or mild soap?
Thank you, everyone! Have a great day

FIRST TIME IN 20 YEARS :magical:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

OH GOD

stimpy lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

OH GOD

:barf: I'll never understand the mindset of someone who never thinks to wash their dick, and I never want to

EDIT: VVV the reason given was that three people was too many for that apartment, not that she's pregnant. I don't know much about tenancy laws, but it was the "actually my child isn't legally a person so it's only going to be two people :smuggo:" that tipped me off that she might not know what she's talking about in this case

Danaru fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 28, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
In Oregon you must allow 2 adults and one child per bedroom so pregnant lady may be right about that depending on NY law.

Also the fact that she is pregnant and the landlord was dumb enough to say that was the reason for not renewing the lease. That is blatant, overt disparate treatment and family status and pregnancy amd plans to become pregnant or habe children in the future cannot be used as a reson to decline you. That is probably a slam dunk dair housing act case.

therobit fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 28, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Danaru posted:

:barf: I'll never understand the mindset of someone who never thinks to wash their dick, and I never want to

I'm amazed it hasn't rotted off or become infested with insects or fungi or something.
Shame.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Danaru posted:

EDIT: VVV the reason given was that three people was too many for that apartment, not that she's pregnant. I don't know much about tenancy laws, but it was the "actually my child isn't legally a person so it's only going to be two people :smuggo:" that tipped me off that she might not know what she's talking about in this case

she might not be using the correct legal terminology but given the state law her reasoning makes sense and I'm not sure why you seem to feel the need to mock what appears to be just an average person being discriminated against by their landlord

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's a weak story all around :shrug:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

OH GOD

To be a fly on the wall when he peels it back and releases some sort of lovecraftian horror unto the world

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I thought it was funny :( Here's something else instead.

My boyfriend [22/m] did something with a guy before and I'm [21/f] grossed out, what should I do?

quote:

submitted 38 minutes ago
I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months and he told that a little over 7 months ago he experimented with a guy and he rimmed the guy and when he did the guy kinda pooped in his mouth by accident. I'm so grossed out when I kiss him because I'm thinking about that being in his mouth. What do I do?
Tl;dr: boyfriend experimented with a guy

I was 100% certain this was posted to the thread before, sure enough:

My boyfriend [22/m] told me something that disturbs me, what should I do?

quote:

submitted 24 days ago
I've been with my boyfriend for 3 months and he told that 7 months ago he experimented with a guy and he rimmed the guy and when he did the guy kinda pooped in his mouth by accident. I'm so grossed out when I kiss him because I'm thinking about that being in his mouth. What do I do?

And a THIRD one that was deleted a day before that last one, this person has been arguing with people about her boyfriend accidentally eating poop for nearly a month now :shepface: Lady, just talk it out with your boyfriend, Reddit clearly isn't helping

Barudak
May 7, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

To be a fly on the wall when he peels it back and releases some sort of lovecraftian horror unto the world

It is an inverse of your presumably adorable new pnurtis. A Sitrunp if you will.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Am I [20M] wrong for wanting to stop dating this girl [20F] because she licked me in public?

20-year-olds are so loving dumb :3:

I always wondered what happened to teh P3nguin of d00m!!11one girl.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Danaru posted:

therobit posted:

In Oregon you must allow 2 adults and one child per bedroom so pregnant lady may be right about that depending on NY law.

Also the fact that she is pregnant and the landlord was dumb enough to say that was the reason for not renewing the lease. That is blatant, overt disparate treatment and family status and pregnancy amd plans to become pregnant or habe children in the future cannot be used as a reson to decline you. That is probably a slam dunk dair housing act case.

Pregnant women in general are a protected class. She should sue for enough money that Lil' Leasebreaker never has to worry about college.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

please take a minute to dream up the weirdest thing you think it could possibly be before clicking, based on what you already know of these two very sane individuals

I was told by /r/dogs to take my post over here.

I am a very experience dog owner but my girlfriend is... unappreciable, at best. She currently has some sort of bizarre doodle breed she paid $10,000 for (I wish I was kidding, folks) and this dog is insane. Zero training, the thing didn't even know sit when I met him.

I have since trained him and he's decently behaved around me. She still lets him run wild around her. The dog is massively overweight despite my best measures because every time I increase his exercise my girlfriend increases his food. Speaking of, she only feeds him hot dogs. As in she cooks hot dogs, puts them in buns, adds toppings and then feeds him about 5-6 per meal three times a day. I don't know how he is still alive.

I try to feed him kibble but she continues to sneak the hot dogs behind my back. I started keeping guard in the kitchen, throwing out any hot dogs that appear in the fridge but she still managed to stuff him full with them. I've gone so far as to camp out in front of the fridge for 2 weeks straight and she bought a mini fridge behind my back and hid it in the cabana. Stuffed full with hot dogs. I finally taught the dog to potty train despite her best efforts. She will not let him play with other dogs because she is very overprotective of diseases and doesn't even let him go outside (I have to exercise him when she's gone or very early before she wakes up). I've started sneaking him away during the day to a training facility so he can be socialized under the inspection of a trainer.

She refuses to cut the dogs hair so it's a dirty matted rag walking around. She says dogs in the wild don't cut their hair and she won't either. INSANITY. So last week while she was at work I shaved the dog's hair off. She came home and had a complete meltdown, screaming and sobbing uncontrollable. She ran outside and gathered all the hair and is keeping it in a box on our kitchen table. And has since rejected the dog and instead pets the shaved hair.

This morning she threw away a $60 bag of dog food and told me the dog must've eaten it overnight and would need hot dogs until we could get more. I have her on camera throwing away the entire bag that I paid for. This isn't the first time. She's tried to hide and throw away his leashes several times so I couldn't walk him among other things.

Holy poo poo! That woman is awful. I figured he accidentally hit the dog with his car backing out one morning and she was sueing him for medical bills.

Also laughing at the idea of wild labradoodles.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

Except she happens to be right and an unborn child cannot be, by law, taken into consideration when determining occupancy limits.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Barudak posted:

It is an inverse of your presumably adorable new pnurtis. A Sitrunp if you will.

Dark Pnurtis

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There have been some real winners in the last few pages but I can't get over the guy whose girlfriend tried to murder him while his friends watched with mild concern, and doesn't seem to find anything wrong with this beyond feeling bad that he provoked her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tiny goateed Pnurtis

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Going directly to rimming and mouth-making GBS threads in your first gay experience kind of doesn't add up.

There's a sentence I typed on the internet.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tender Bender posted:

There have been some real winners in the last few pages but I can't get over the guy whose girlfriend tried to murder him while his friends watched with mild concern, and doesn't seem to find anything wrong with this beyond feeling bad that he provoked her.

He is a domestic violence victim.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
In The Sopranos S7E4, The Dark Soul, Malcolm finds himself in hot water wth tony after borrowing money to pay twitch streamers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 28, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He is a domestic violence victim.

Also he weighs 115 pounds.

Everyone go to google right now and type in "What is the average weight of a 6th grader?"

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hey, some people weigh 115 lbs.

Edit: also I just caught up on this thread and missed bird name chat! I like the name Wren :) though swallows are my favorite bird. Kestral is a good name, as is Sparrow, and Gavin, which means hawk.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 28, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Domestic abuse is hilarious

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

new phone who dis posted:

Also he weighs 115 pounds.

Everyone go to google right now and type in "What is the average weight of a 6th grader?"

small dude, so what? dude is in an abusive relationship and this chick literally could kill him

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Domestic abuse is hilarious

especially when he said her profanity in his ear was what tipped him off

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

here's pick with the hot take "99% of men want to beat their partners and 90% end up doing it so fair's fair, I don't know what you all are complaining about."

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

here's pick with the hot take "99% of men want to beat their partners and 90% end up doing it so fair's fair, I don't know what you all are complaining about."

pick is better at this than you tia

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Elsa posted:

pick is better at this than you tia

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

nah she is more creative than that

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
If any badass muscly feminist wants to string me up and go 30 minutes in the octagon on my family jewels that is A-OK with me. in order to make the 'jewels more accessible i'll dress up like a sexy french maid with an enormously ruffled skirt. that way i will be aerodynamic.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

Me [24F] with my husband [28 M] of three years, Hes been cheating on me with women from reddit my entire pregnancy

It sucks but I've been holding onto this for far too long, my husband has literally been cheating on me with women from reddit, he pays them for videos, pictures and more. I tried confronting him about it multiple times and hes literally given me nothing but BS lies and excuses.

It isnt going to stop. The one woman who he constantly speaks to sends him messages at 2 Am and this is how i cam to find out earlier on in my pregnancy.

Its been going on forever now and I'm just days away from giving birth. At first I didn't pay it any mind, i asked about it in hopes that he'd stop but he hasn't.

He accuses me of cheating on him everyday and restricts me from going to see my family, the only time I'm really allowed out is when I have an appointment and after i go to my mothers.

Hes been calling me some pretty nasty names and overall has been really disgusting towards me when hes at work. when he comes home hes a loving and caring man but i know its just a show.

Hes shown me pictures of this other woman and asked if i'd like to have a threesome with her. now he asks me if he can go and have sex with someone else. I just don't know what to do anymore. After seeing the pictures I went a little nuts and found out the identity of the other woman, I found out where she lives and everything but I realize that it isnt her fault.

Tonight hes texting me to argue his reasoning for continuing with this and I just got really angry and messaged her on reddit.

I feel really sad and at my last straw honestly. I never thought I'd feel this worthless especially not while on the edge of bring a child into this world.

tl;dr: I'm so ready to give up

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy loving :murder:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

putrid aidsman posted:

Tonight hes texting me to argue his reasoning for continuing with this and I just got really angry and messaged her on reddit.

Gotta love that double down on bein' terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

small dude, so what? dude is in an abusive relationship and this chick literally could kill him

Somewhere in the area of 40% of domestic violence victims are men. They tend to use weapons and guys end up keeping it quiet because they're really ashamed.

And before anyone gets annoyed, I'm not minimizing the huge issue of domestic violence against women, just wanted to say that guys shouldn't be mocked when this comes out.