Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i think the playoff seeding is fine. its cold and logical. 8s and 7s rarely beat 1s and 2s and even if they do, they still have to go on and play higher seeded teams anyway, and a good cinderella story plays well in the media. picking makes it all to personal which could have consequences on the court

:legion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DeimosRising posted:

Arguably but we don't know anything about how they handle their finances as a group/company/family. I mean he's a sports dad, so you can assume, but

This definitely sounds like a decision that Lonzo made

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnGGkyThPZM

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How good is Ball, anyway? What are the odds he busts?

He has a Funny Shot that will get packed

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

Spurs Rockets Game 1 on Monday

a proper texas playoff series

edit:

Rockets Texas Sprs bitch

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-gordon-houston-rockets-james-harden-sixth-man/

Gordon whined and complained all the time when it was suggested to move him to a sixth man role while playing for the Pels.

Good for him that he has a much better attitude and situation in Houston. Won't stop me from being bitter that he wasn't that open-minded while playing under a max contract here.

I know this was a bit back but gently caress Eric Gordon. Amen.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Ball Dad is the most obnoxious loving person I can even imagine. I don't have anything against Lonzo but holy gently caress. No one in the media should even be giving that dude a platform to speak.

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

He has a Funny Shot that will get packed

Also his brothers are blah and probably will just be generic college players and take a lot of poo poo because of it.

Lonzo's a top 5 pick, he's in the NBA, he'll be fine. The other ones uh ohhh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Libertine posted:

The Ball Dad is the most obnoxious loving person I can even imagine. I don't have anything against Lonzo but holy gently caress. No one in the media should even be giving that dude a platform to speak.

Yeah I mean it's one thing to be active in your kid's life if he has an opportunity like the NBA, but to be this aggressive and obnoxious about it is doing the kid no favors. I'd bet there are teams who are wondering if they ever really want to deal with him. If he's good enough that might not matter, but if he needs a 2nd chance because of being drafted to a team that can't develop him properly, or if he fucks up off the court somehow, teams might decide it's not worth the trouble.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I was Lonzo I'd have cut ties with my dad by this point. Holy poo poo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I was Lonzo I'd have cut ties with my dad by this point. Holy poo poo.

You probably wouldn't have. It's his pops. He loves his pops.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

You probably wouldn't have. It's his pops. He loves his pops.

But pops is actively loving his life up pretty bad.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/857995242078785536

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's high time that the poor man's David Lee is out of the league

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Larry Legend trying to avoid responsibility for yet another one of his offspring

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

roundmidnight posted:

Larry Legend trying to avoid responsibility for yet another one of his offspring

:discourse:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Great, except the replacement is the guy he's been grooming in Pritchard, who was the one who hired our dumb coach. And what a nice mess to hand to him, make him the guy to trade the best player in franchise history.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

roundmidnight posted:

hahahah

but also seriously yeah he saw the writing on the wall and is trying to avoid as much responsibility as possible for what happens

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I'd sever tires with my father any day, love to raise hell

I can't tell if the dad makes me root for the Ball kids more, or less. It'd be way too easy for them to just flame out, too obvious with the dad talking nonstop poo poo.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Eltoasto posted:

make him the guy to trade the best player in franchise history.

If Pritchard could move Reggie from TNT to say Russia Today it would be a bigger accomplishment than getting Aldridge and Roy in the same draft.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If Pritchard could move Reggie from TNT to say Russia Today it would be a bigger accomplishment than getting Aldridge and Roy in the same draft.

move reggie to a gulag

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

roundmidnight posted:

I wonder if he's repeatedly exposed Pritchard to HIV...

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I've never wanted to see a shoe prototype more in my entire life than I want to see the sketch for Big Baller 1s. If it's not just Homer's sketch of his dream car, I will be completely disappointed.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

roundmidnight posted:

lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just when I think our shitshow of a franchise has done it all, the Pacers continue to surprise me. Hahahahaha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This spoelstra interview is maddeningly boring . He doesn't say anything at all.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Don't ruin a perfectly good news network with Reggie, do a fake reboot of looney toons and force him to do 10 hours of Sylvester the Cat VO a day so that it's impossible for him to call NBA games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_iIoD1FN4

Or make it live action three stooges style, and have a child actor play tweety bird who's always bashing reggie with hammers and having him dumped into garbage trucks

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

roundmidnight posted:

yaaaaaas

pubic works project posted:

Just when I think our shitshow of a franchise has done it all, the Pacers continue to surprise me. Hahahahaha

I mean how much was Bird contributing to D2D operations anyways, I'm sure he had final say in personnel but looking at the Pacers roster, yikes

Eltoasto posted:

Great, except the replacement is the guy he's been grooming in Pritchard, who was the one who hired our dumb coach. And what a nice mess to hand to him, make him the guy to trade the best player in franchise history.

Gotta go out before you can get blamed for the tire fire that is the 2018 Pacers

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
LaVar Ball is probably morally justified to do what he's doing, but the only way it works out business-wise is if Lonzo absolutely blows up. Lonzo does not seem to have the personality to be a huge super star either.

Also LeVar is hilarious.

quote:

"Just imagine how rich Tiger [Woods], Kobe [Bryant], Serena [Williams], [Michael] Jordan and LeBron [James] would have been if they dared to do their own thing. No one owned their own brand before they turned pro. We do, and I have three sons so it's that much more valuable."

Yeah, just imagine how rich Michael Jordan COULD be. Maybe even rich enough to own a NBA team!!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

His dad has been actively clearing the way for Lonzo to dominate in prep years to setup his UCLA step. LaVar seems like a giant mess, but Lonzo has had way more opportunities because of what LaVar has done and I don't think he's going to kick him out now.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Cant get burned on the Paul George trade if you arnt the one making the trade - Larry Bird 5 seconds before he stepped down

Maybe Paul George gave a "It's him or me." I'm going to live in that dream land for a while before the Pacers trade him away for a 2nd round pick and Timofey Mozgov

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The funniest outcome is Lonzo is a good player on the cusp of being an all-star (George Hill/Jeff Teague status) and his brothers are both replacement-level and BBB does just well enough to convince every top 10 pick to start their own shoe line

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

paul george for iman shumpert and a case of lebrons headbands is gonna rule

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LaVar Ball should also not mention Tiger Woods when discussing his son

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's gonna be a millionaire either way, I don't think "made less of a millionaire" ranks on the dads who gently caress up their kids' lives scale

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

Also his brothers are blah and probably will just be generic college players and take a lot of poo poo because of it.

Lonzo's a top 5 pick, he's in the NBA, he'll be fine. The other ones uh ohhh

I'm not gonna watch high school ball like a weirdo but i thought the middle brother was the best one?

*bill Simmons voice* that's my all time number 2 what if team, Oden Aldridge Roy should have a dynasty

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

this reminds me I deleted a big ol multiparagraph post about Disco a few days ago because it was totally off-topic, but the conclusion was that disco is fine and you're not necessarily a homophobic racist if you don't like it (some of the extended tracks are super boring and repetitive), and Nile Rodgers is a living god and all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwutKpVyas
(0 points for knowing the sample) but Hi-NRG was better, wooo Sylvester and New Order and Bronski Beat the Pointer Sisters etc KEEP DANCIN'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 28, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't think LaVar is really loving things up yet. He could still really gently caress poo poo up in the future though.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Larry Bird looks way older than 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS

Carlosologist posted:

Larry Bird looks way older than 60

Eating whole wedding cakes by yourself will do that.

• Locked thread