Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Yardbomb posted:

:lol: at the comments saying these aren't as over the top or as good as the first game ones.

Mostly they just seem a bit shorter overall? Some of the injustice 1 transitions would go on for quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

another stream set for 1pm EST today. Joker probably revealed; potential Red Hood and changing my avatar also in the mix :toxx:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dang dude. I probably love the monorail transition the most, with the riders diving for cover or flinching as the fighter crashes through the cars.

MinibarMatchman posted:

another stream set for 1pm EST today. Joker probably revealed; potential Red Hood and changing my avatar also in the mix :toxx:

GLHF, wish these things didn't always happen while I was at work.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

Dang dude. I probably love the monorail transition the most, with the riders diving for cover or flinching as the fighter crashes through the cars.

The caged inmates in Arkham doing the same thing when the fighter smashes through is hilarious, these transitions are great.

I'm glad they still have cars hitting people completely inane distances.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 28, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
injustice 2 stream here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcentertainment?live

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And of course the Joker's trailer begins with them name dropping Jason.

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzTdsL7aOg

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 28, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

well at least he has some new moves, a joy buzzer thing, some switchblade poo poo, looks like a popup explosion too.

I like the electric chair beatdown lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That special is the good part of The Joker reveal video, though.

I'd have been totally fine with Joker as DLC though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

He looks very cool, but I'd still rather he be DLC at the most.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Game audio super low so good job DC stream.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is the stream offline for anyone else

edit: nevermind for some reason it's not on twitch https://www.youtube.com/dcentertainment/live

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Premiere skin Grid announced (for cyborg)

kinda like an evil full on ai version of cyborg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Premiere skin Grid announced (for cyborg)

Only if you link your mobile account to the PC so someone better hook us all up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some people are saying the Arkham Knight was spotted on that mobile footage.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh i didnt catch that it was mobile poo poo

guessing it won't just be tho

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 28, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's not Mark Hamill voicing Joker, is it?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

That's not Mark Hamill voicing Joker, is it?

Richard Epcar from the last one

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Some people are saying the Arkham Knight was spotted on that mobile footage.

there were exclusive characters on the previous mobile games too but it wouldn't surprise me to see him a lameass premiere skin

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

Though killed by Superman, the Joker continues to haunt the lives of all those touched by his madness. By destroying Metropolis, he set the events in motion which made enemies of Superman and Batman. If he were alive to see the chaos he’d created, he would surely be smiling.

hallucination joker seems like

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/858007150186029057

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftr0qIdXbfk

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 28, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is almost as embarrassingly obvious as when Rocksteady adamantly told people "Arkham Knight is ABSOLUTELY A NEW CHARACTER" even though everyone and their mother knew it was Jason Todd.

it's def a hallucination thing done by Scarecrow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's a Joker that sneaked through from the same dimension that Green Arrow is from.

edit: i dont like these personalities on the stream

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 28, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

It's a Joker that sneaked through from the same dimension that Green Arrow is from.

Fffffuuuuuuck that's probably it.

REALLY wish they had gone with the Black Lantern option. That would have been legitimately cool and would have completely reinvented the character. Alas.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

this is almost as embarrassingly obvious as when Rocksteady adamantly told people "Arkham Knight is ABSOLUTELY A NEW CHARACTER" even though everyone and their mother knew it was Jason Todd.

it's def a hallucination thing done by Scarecrow.

Considering all the magical bullshit floating around he could also be somehow magically animated or whatever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

digging into the zone of idiocy that is NeoGAF this is by far my all-time favorite reaction to the Joker:

NeoGAF posted:

So we have two Jokers? This one and Le Joker?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

For the sake of my sanity I choose to believe that is an entirely snarky response.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Three if you count Hollywood-style L.A. Joker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
"what are traits" Also the host constantly referring to the characters by their real names an not their hero names is driving me nuts. I need to stop watching this.

They did Joker vs Scarecrow and I'm so mad I can't hear the intros

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 28, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so that's it pretty much

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

"what are traits" Also the host constantly referring to the characters by their real names an not their hero names is driving me nuts. I need to stop watching this.

Gonna roll this next match with one of my favorites "Bruce Wayne" - that's a little insider reference for you comic fans.

VVVVV: Hey buddy with any new game you gotta confirm whether X or O is the confirm button. This is complicated stuff ok.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 28, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
THE HOST DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE OUT OF THE PAUSE MENU OR THE PLAYSTATION HOME BUTTON

HE TURNED THE PLAYSTATION OFF TO FIX THE ISSUE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wish I could turn on the French VA for Joker and have him show up exclusively as Le Joker and speak in French throughout the story mode.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I guess it's not the final build! lol

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Mostly they just seem a bit shorter overall? Some of the injustice 1 transitions would go on for quite a bit.

I think they being shorter is fantastic. I do like the idea of them but they really killed gameflow due to how long they were.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it was a bad idea having anyone who isn't the 3 main Watchtower guys do gameplay lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I think they being shorter is fantastic. I do like the idea of them but they really killed gameflow due to how long they were.

I like how they offer a chance to exhibit Croc or Manta - neat little cameos for characters who don't make the cut for true fighter status.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Did the host just let slip Black Adam has a Shazam premiere skin?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I'm trying to get into the comics and I have a question.

Injustice 1 Story Mode said Damian murdered Dick and took his identity as Nightwing. That's...very out-of-character, right? That's straight-up villain stuff and I hear he's a vague antihero or something in the comics.

(I need to get the Batman and Robin comic next week, I know. It's on my list)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

So I'm trying to get into the comics and I have a question.

Injustice 1 Story Mode said Damian murdered Dick and took his identity as Nightwing. That's...very out-of-character, right? That's straight-up villain stuff and I hear he's a vague antihero or something in the comics.

(I need to get the Batman and Robin comic next week, I know. It's on my list)

The prequel comics explain how is that everything went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't know if any court of law would call what happened "murder"

• Locked thread