Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
EU gets tank trade in for a bit:
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/trade-in-april-2017/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

HFX posted:

Basically nvidia.txt. I can only remember a handful of times nvidia has ever had a driver that was not at least stable in the 15 years I've been using them. Most of those were related to new cards or some feature most gamers wouldn't use

I had two different seriously annoying driver issues with my GTX 970 in normal use.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Lol you lose half the value. gently caress off. Granted the Schmalturm is really bad, but not selling it half off bad.

Axetrain posted:

Here's a team alright, went about how you might expect.

6 players with 1k games and below. That's always going to poorly. More impressive are the two guys with 23,000 and 53,000 games that are both 46%'ers.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I often see that the game is F2P cited for the general terribleness of the playerbase. Would even a tiny barrier to entry ($5 to sign up an account) increase the overall level of play?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Barry posted:

I often see that the game is F2P cited for the general terribleness of the playerbase. Would even a tiny barrier to entry ($5 to sign up an account) increase the overall level of play?

yes, hugely

it would also cut the playerbase to like 5% and crater WGs revenue

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Don't sign your posts.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Barry posted:

Lol, no.
Considering the amount of bad players shoveling money into the game, I would think that would make the game even more stratified in the overall play. I.e. The good will be very good and the bad will be very bad.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
EU experience of 9.18.

Just what was needed, a reason for heavies and mediums to camp more.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

EU experience of 9.18.

Just what was needed, a reason for heavies and mediums to camp more.

But the match making bro, THE MATCH MAKING!
Yeah, MM still sucks because it still stacks retards on one team and now that those top level TDs and lights that knew what the gently caress they were doing to carry the team as best they could have been relegated to their proper place at the bottom, games have gone from squeakers and even losses to flat out shutout losses. I find myself struggling to not click on team mates because they're fucks. Including that damned KV-1 player that sat with the TDs on El Halluf (despite the multiple pinging and chat by half the team to move his rear end) and had a whopping zero damage and 92 experience. Even a bot would have done better

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cardiac posted:

Lol, no.
Considering the amount of bad players shoveling money into the game, I would think that would make the game even more stratified in the overall play. I.e. The good will be very good and the bad will be very bad.

This
You've got shitters that spend hundreds every month to have every premium tank or buy stuff like the Mutant, 5 bucks isn't going to make them stop being bad or leave. The only thing it'll do is thin out the tier IIIs and lower at best but not change the fact they're poo poo players getting farmed by stat padders, and no one gives a gently caress about them

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, MM still sucks because it still stacks retards on one team and now that those top level TDs and lights that knew what the gently caress they were doing to carry the team as best they could have been relegated to their proper place at the bottom, games have gone from squeakers and even losses to flat out shutout losses. I find myself struggling to not click on team mates because they're fucks. Including that damned KV-1 player that sat with the TDs on El Halluf (despite the multiple pinging and chat by half the team to move his rear end) and had a whopping zero damage and 92 experience. Even a bot would have done better

My experience of the games last night were either terrible boring camp fests or complete routs, neither of which are fun. Also regarding the match making, playing in a tier 8 tank gave me more than half my games where it was just pure tier 8. I don't think i've ever seen 2 teams as bad as that ever. When well over 3/4 of the team makeup are premium tanks you know its going to be a shitter.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
One thing I think would happen with the $5 entry fee would be a real thinning of the herd of people with 2fps potato computers that don't have a dime to spare. So you'd still have just the genuinely bad players that can afford the $5 but you wouldn't have the people that are bad just because their fps/ping is completely unworkable.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
You guys are such miserable wretches, this update is the loving best and I'm basically just gonna play light tanks from here to eternity now.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

One thing I think would happen with the $5 entry fee would be a real thinning of the herd of people with 2fps potato computers that don't have a dime to spare. So you'd still have just the genuinely bad players that can afford the $5 but you wouldn't have the people that are bad just because their fps/ping is completely unworkable.

I played a tourney with someone who had a 2 fps potato computer. He did fine. It's ludicrously bad decisions that make potato players as bad as they are.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 28, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Is the t-34-85m worth picking up?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hencoe posted:

Is the t-34-85m worth picking up?

They basically made it a Rudy with more armor and no dog, so yes.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The value of pixel tanks is up to each of us to determine, but it's possible it's the very best T6 medium.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Nordick posted:

You guys are such miserable wretches, this update is the loving best and I'm basically just gonna play light tanks from here to eternity now.

I'm with you. Minus maybe playing light tanks from here to eternity, but I will say this patch took my favorite gimmicky tank (13 57) and made it hilarious.

SocketWrench posted:

You're a 45% player over 2k games. Maybe the problem isn't your team?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

WG *should* put bots in the game, and rig the MM to give them to chronic shitlers. If anything, it'd be fun to watch someone delude themselves when they rack up 15 kills against them and :smug: out on Twitch or Youtube.

"Heh...another tank cuuuuuuuuuuuuucked! Take that, :Vladislav:! Hey, why am I seeing so many people with those dots, is it a new clan or something?"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

The value of pixel tanks is up to each of us to determine, but it's possible it's the very best T6 medium.

How could you say that it's the best.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

xthetenth posted:

How could you say that it's the best.

Not saying it's a negative, but the 34-85M trains an extra crewmember and last I checked, having an extra 100% crewmember with 100% repair fixed tracks faster than a dog.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1tndI3DGwA

Not an extraordinary match or anything, but it was hella fun.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I'm with you. Minus maybe playing light tanks from here to eternity
Yeah that bit might have been a bit hyperbolic :v:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 28, 2017

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at all the people in this thread blaming the matchmaker for putting "retards" in their team for excusing their 45% win ratio.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mans posted:

lmao at all the people in this thread blaming the matchmaker for putting "retards" in their team for excusing their 45% win ratio.

Hey now, I cheerfully accept that I loving suck at this game and that I've failed my way into my win rate.

(Granted I'm playing at a 50% right now after coming back because I'm legit godawful).

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 28, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

rex rabidorum vires posted:

You're a 45% player over 2k games. Maybe the problem isn't your team?

I have no issue saying I'm not good. But when you're on one side pushing and see the other side fall apart followed by your side breaking up either to go to that side or start camping, aside from becoming superman, there's nothing that's gonna pull that off.
I've lead many a push only to look around and find my team is sitting back trying to snipe a light darting around. I'm only playing 5-10 matches at a time, I don't dunk hours and hours into this to eventually even out the bad

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Player base gets progressively shitter:
At the weekend
When there's a big marathon/mission/bonus XP special
When a new patch comes out.

We are currently at peak potato, but it'll die down.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SocketWrench posted:

I'm only playing 5-10 matches at a time, I don't dunk hours and hours into this to eventually even out the bad

You're no more likely to hit red five times in a row if you sit down at a roulette table for five spins than if you've been sitting at the table for three hours before you start betting it all on red five times. Games even out over a long spawn of time, even if you're only playing them in short bursts. Maybe 2000 battles isn't enough to even out, but saying that you need to play for hours at a time to even out your odds of getting a good team shows a complete ignorance of statistics. Or perhaps you're suggesting that you need to play for hours in order to be good, like some sort of warmup session? That's nonsense - almost every player I've ever played with gets worse as they play, probably because playing well at this game is exhausting. There's a huge amount of information you need to keep track of if you're trying to maximize the chance that you'll be able to pull a win out of an otherwise certain loss, and that takes a huge mental toll. If you're saying that you can't go from new to good at the game without playing for hours at a time, that's also nonsense. The vast majority of "learning" a new player has to do is memorizing the basic bullshit in the game: maps, weak spots, view ranges/typical spotting distances. If you're playing maybe 20 games a week, you're going to get just as much practice memorizing the maps as someone who plays 500 games a week, it'll just take longer.

The only interaction I've had with you in game was when you shot me in the goddamn side for 350 damage because you spewed a shot off at an enemy over my O-I's hull even though that enemy tank was reloading and you could just peek out a bit further and take them out. My guess is that you're bad, and that's fine because you're reasonably new, but you're very rarely going to be the best player on your team. Start helping the good players carry your idiots, rather than dragging them down with you.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SocketWrench posted:

I have no issue saying I'm not good. But when you're on one side pushing and see the other side fall apart followed by your side breaking up either to go to that side or start camping, aside from becoming superman, there's nothing that's gonna pull that off.
I've lead many a push only to look around and find my team is sitting back trying to snipe a light darting around. I'm only playing 5-10 matches at a time, I don't dunk hours and hours into this to eventually even out the bad
We've all been there mate, it has very little to do with the new MM or other changes in the update.

The bottom line is, being top tier is now nicer because you will have more lower tier opponents to shoot, and yet at the same time being bottom tier is far less obnoxious because you'll still have plenty of same tier opponents instead of being the lone bottom tier runt to be walked over. It doesn't change the fact that the playerbase are still a bunch of shitlords and bad battles will still happen, but it is still an improvement, and a big one at that.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hellsau posted:

That's nonsense - almost every player I've ever played with gets worse as they play, probably because playing well at this game is exhausting..

This is why playing the Japanese heavies is actually good because it's basically the laziest way of playing the game. On any given map there is usually only one, maybe two, viable places for heavies to go and even when you get there derp guns really don't have to aim much. So I can pretty much just shut off my brain and still play close to optimal.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Awww drat, just completed mission 15 of campaign 2 for SPG's. I did like all the missions in my object 261 after the last patch. The hardest one was mission 2 or 3 where my team had to do 1000 damage based on my stuns or whatever.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jago posted:

Awww drat, just completed mission 15 of campaign 2 for SPG's. I did like all the missions in my object 261 after the last patch. The hardest one was mission 2 or 3 where my team had to do 1000 damage based on my stuns or whatever.

If you could platoon an arti with two humans so that you had people reliably hitting the stuff you stun, do you think you could have done all 15 missions in 15 battles?

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Hi. What do you think about the new, premium Lorraine?
Thanks.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It seems like a 50 100 that just gave up on pretending to be a heavy, and traded what little armor it had and two shells per clip that probably would have gotten you killed trying to fire off, for much better gun handling and speed.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Guys, just want to let everyone know the Luchs is still rad. First game I've played in months in this tank and I get 7 kills and a Mastery.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Darkrenown posted:

Player base gets progressively shitter:
At the weekend
When there's a big marathon/mission/bonus XP special
When a new patch comes out.

We are currently at peak potato, but it'll die down.

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to come back to this game after not playing for a couple years :(

In other news, at least now I have a computer that stays at 60fps with everything maxed at 2560x1080

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Can I get ONE VK100 player that has any goddamn idea what they're actually doing?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CitizenKain posted:

Guys, just want to let everyone know the Luchs is still rad. First game I've played in months in this tank and I get 7 kills and a Mastery.
Hell with the new MM it's even radder. :)

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Rorac posted:

Can I get ONE VK100 player that has any goddamn idea what they're actually doing?

I run into them all the time when I'm on the other team.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I just picked up a Luchs today because I have an IRL friend I have cruelly tricked into trying this game and we are working through the low tiers. Wish I knew about it earlier, it's lots of fun. Basically gangster style drive by shooting: the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

You are a bad friend (and probably a bad person). Friends don't let other friends WoT.