Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The best thing about season 5 of The Wire was it's version of Way Down in the Hole. And I always skip that after listening to it twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PST posted:

It paved the way for a lot of shows, but it's galling that something so good finished so early. Albeit much like Deadwood.

S3 of Deadwood was pretty awful though imo

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

So we got 2 seasons left of this? I thought season 7 was gonna be the last one.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Harton posted:

So we got 2 seasons left of this? I thought season 7 was gonna be the last one.

It is, it's split up, because gently caress you, that's why.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

God damnit

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's like 7 episode this half season and six the next right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's Seasons 7 and 8 and they're short, 7 and 6 episodes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aren't they filming everything at once too? I think someone told me that they were, but I'm pretty sure if that's the case then we would have spoilers all the way through the end of the series.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Aren't they filming everything at once too? I think someone told me that they were, but I'm pretty sure if that's the case then we would have spoilers all the way through the end of the series.

I don't think so.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No, they're only filming Season 7 now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They've long since finished filming this season I think, they'll be starting to film season 8 in a few months. At which point I'll stop reading this thread and all other asoiaf media because I don't want to be spoiled on the ending.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I imagine the security around the script and filming for the last season will be ridiculous.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hamlet442 posted:

I imagine the security around the script and filming for the last season will be ridiculous.

The entire plot of every season has leaked. The last one will be no different.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

PriorMarcus posted:

The entire plot of every season has leaked. The last one will be no different.

There are definitely things they could do to prevent leaks but don't, which is weird.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hamlet442 posted:

I imagine there's only so much secrecy you can have in a huge production.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Chickenwalker posted:

There are definitely things they could do to prevent leaks but don't, which is weird.

Mass media doesn't report leaks, and most people don't seek them out. The minority that wants to be spoiled will find a way in most cases, so cost/benefit is probably not worth it.

They might clamp down harder on the last season though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There wouldn't be anything to leak if he published the books

:lol:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

They've long since finished filming this season I think, they'll be starting to film season 8 in a few months. At which point I'll stop reading this thread and all other asoiaf media because I don't want to be spoiled on the ending.

You just bought yourself an extremely mean-spirited PM there friend.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I want to know how it ends immediately. The sooner, the better.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The spoilers for this season are so bland it doesn't matter if you read them or not, I suspect this season will try to carry itself mostly through expensive CGI moments.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Soul Glo posted:

I would be willing to just have a drunk and hyperactive buddy describe the rest of the series to me, if he made, like, crazy flapping motions when the dragons show up and screamed BOOOOOSSSH when something blows up with wildfire and stuff. Probably be at least as fun as the show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phenotype posted:

I would be willing to just have a drunk and hyperactive buddy describe the rest of the series to me, if he made, like, crazy flapping motions when the dragons show up and screamed BOOOOOSSSH when something blows up with wildfire and stuff. Probably be at least as fun as the show.

Once confirmed series ending spoilers are leaked I promise I'll do this for you buddy.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

Go look up the S7 spoilers that were leaked a while back. IIRC it's not very good and entirely predictable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

IncendiaC posted:

Go look up the S7 spoilers that were leaked a while back. IIRC it's not very good and entirely predictable.

I've seen those, I want the last scene of the series written out, in front of me.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Soul Glo posted:

I've seen those, I want the last scene of the series written out, in front of me.

It'll end with Sean Bean walking in and seeing Bran Stark staring into a snow globe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiIVyb6Qvw

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

SimonCat posted:

It'll end with Sean Bean walking in and seeing Bran Stark staring into a snow globe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiIVyb6Qvw

Personally hoping for Cersei to wake up and realize she dreamt the last three seasons after Jaime died from infection when he lost his hand

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Personally hoping for Cersei to wake up and realize she dreamt the last three seasons after Jaime died from infection when he lost his hand

Impossible. A fever dream would have made more sense than Arya's plot.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

3Romeo posted:

There's titties and a literal dick with a bow on it, but don't let that fool you, it's one of HBO's best. (And it can seem a little quaint now, the battles aren't really battles at all compared to what's in GoT, but that doesn't matter, watching Cirian Hinds and James Purefoy and all the other fantastic actors and actresses.)

Rome, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, the Sopranos, and The Wire were all a part of the same era, and it still blows my mind how great the 00's were on that channel.

I always absolutely hated it cutting away and just going "Okay Julius won".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chickenwalker posted:

There are definitely things they could do to prevent leaks

Indeed:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo, there is going to be an 8th season? I remember them announcing that 7 is going to be the last one and that it's going to be short. I even remember discussing how glad everyone is that it's finally over. :wtc: Was there always going to be an 8th season? Is this a Berenstein type parallel reality situation?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Holy poo poo, there is going to be an 8th season? I remember them announcing that 7 is going to be the last one and that it's going to be short. I even remember discussing how glad everyone is that it's finally over. :wtc: Was there always going to be an 8th season? Is this a Berenstein type parallel reality situation?

That was always the plan. They never said season 7 would be the last. They only said seasons 7 & 8 would have fewer episodes.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

RCarr posted:

That was always the plan. They never said season 7 would be the last. They only said seasons 7 & 8 would have fewer episodes.

Guess dementia has finally set in. Nevermind

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are they releasing 8 sooner than later? I don't wannna to be 37 and still watching this crap. Just feel like that's too old for titty dragon shows.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If you guys hate Game of Thrones so much, why don't you watch and post about something else?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

If you guys hate Game of Thrones so much, why don't you watch and post about something else?

a gypsy curse

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't watch anymore. I just watch clips on youtube.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Season 7 was always going to be the last season, they just gave it a couple extra episodes and broke it up into two parts because of reasons. Breaking Bad did the same thing - whether you want to call it one long season or two short seasons is up to you, but I think that's how the episodes will be numbered.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Hamlet442 posted:

All filming and production will actually take place entirely within George Martin's ample walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

This is the hatewatch thread.

• Locked thread