Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is excellent.

I actually think it's simpler than that. I've had arena wins against whaled out Blade tome teams with a dancer, that I had no business winning, simply because the enemy Azura would always move first, with the Nino that could have easily caught up and deleted my Nowi or Ninian moving second.

What I'm getting at is that there's a fixed turn order for the AI, and the dancer will only ever use their ability if there's someone in range of them and they're active after said unit had their turn. I still haven't figured out if the unit ordering on your team selection is what determines turn order when controlled by the AI.

...and someone just linked an exhaustive AI wiki article, which clears up a lot of confusion. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but maybe the weird dancer behavior I encountered was due to giving their Blade tome users Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid for Desperation synergy. That would count as a Support skill and make them move after the dancer every time.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratego
May 6, 2007

Had eighty stones for this banner, only five star was first pull Lachesis. 4 stars were Wrys, Nino, Hinata. And then a bunch of this

stratego fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 28, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
When merging characters, is it better to level them up first and then feed the one with worse stat rolls to the luckier one ?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Roger Explosion posted:

- Azura (-ATK/+RES. Literally the worst IVs you could possibly get. Eat a dick, game)

I've gotten two -ATK/+RES Hectors, so...

It has helped him a bit in taking on mages, but that -3 ATK does kind of sting just a little.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

stratego posted:

Had eighty stones for this banner, only five star was first pull Lachesis. 4 stars were Wrys, Nino, Hinata. And then a bunch of this

Yeah see its when a 5 pull can yield this kind of raw poo poo I really think 13$ for a pull is simply Not Worth It

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hammerstein posted:

When merging characters, is it better to level them up first and then feed the one with worse stat rolls to the luckier one ?

You won't get better stats by leveling, but if the second one learns skills, when you merge the new unit has those skills as well and it's easier to gain SP at low levels than high levels so there is that.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

stratego posted:

Think of it this way: if you're interested in skill inheritance, that's the potential for Desperation 3, Swordbreaker 2, Lancebreaker 2 Quick Riposte 2, and Bonfire. Skill inheritance really made pulls like this a lot less miserable, although it's still a bit disappointing.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

If you have a bunch of skills you want to inherit onto that unit's final form, then it's good to level both for the SP to learn the skills as the final merged unit will have all those skills.

I.e. if you have 2 Ryoma and want to eventually have it learn Vantage and Fury, you can have one learn Vantage and the other learn Fury and then merge them later for a +1 Ryoma with both.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Can anyone give suggestions on typical nino team builds? Searching around just gives me options for skill inheritance but I was wondering about actual team members. I had a 3 star nino laying around that I realized is +spd/-res and I just rolled an Eirika so I figured I would promote her up and try and get a build going.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Did a few whaling rolls (I am weak). Pulled a Hector with +ATK/-HP. I pulled an earlier Hector from the Radiance banner, but it's +RES/-ATK. What is better: feeding my poo poo Hector to the good Hector, or keep lovely Hector to inherit Distant Counter to a great unit?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

robbob posted:

Can anyone give suggestions on typical nino team builds? Searching around just gives me options for skill inheritance but I was wondering about actual team members. I had a 3 star nino laying around that I realized is +spd/-res and I just rolled an Eirika so I figured I would promote her up and try and get a build going.

Blade-tome user/Buffer/Dancer. Preferably in different colors.

That's it.

You also don't need to go full buff team. Something like Nino + Olivia will do the job just fine while still having room for another unit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Did a few whaling rolls (I am weak). Pulled a Hector with +ATK/-HP. I pulled an earlier Hector from the Radiance banner, but it's +RES/-ATK. What is better: feeding my poo poo Hector to the good Hector, or keep lovely Hector to inherit Distant Counter to a great unit?

Feed Hector to Zephiel for Distant Counter as is canon

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Feed Hector to Zephiel for Distant Counter as is canon

Keep in mind you should only do this if you plan to 5* Zephiel. If you do, I'm very confidant a 5* Zephiel with Distant Counter will prove to be a very good unit.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Generic Octopus posted:

If you have a bunch of skills you want to inherit onto that unit's final form, then it's good to level both for the SP to learn the skills as the final merged unit will have all those skills.

I.e. if you have 2 Ryoma and want to eventually have it learn Vantage and Fury, you can have one learn Vantage and the other learn Fury and then merge them later for a +1 Ryoma with both.

Thanks for this. That build sounds monstrous, guess I gotta go for it.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I spent some money on the Golden week banner and got a - Hp/+Atk Roy, 2 Azura (one is +Atk/-Res and the other is -Atk/+res) and a +Atk/-Res Hector. Roy I don't really care about besides giving someone TA3, but I should be using the first Azura and Hector's IVs are fine right?

Also, to whoever was talking about surprise disband counter units, I ran into a distant counter vantage 40+3 Nowi in my seventh arena match which ruined my deathless run. Stop being so sassy, you lost child

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I spent some money on the Golden week banner and got a - Hp/+Atk Roy, 2 Azura (one is +Atk/-Res and the other is -Atk/+res) and a +Atk/-Res Hector. Roy I don't really care about besides giving someone TA3, but I should be using the first Azura and Hector's IVs are fine right?

Also, to whoever was talking about surprise disband counter units, I ran into a distant counter vantage 40+3 Nowi in my seventh arena match which ruined my deathless run. Stop being so sassy, you lost child

Nowi's default weapon has distant counter built-in

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

V A N T A G E C L O S E C O U N T E R K A G E R O B O Y S

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

V A N T A G E C L O S E C O U N T E R K A G E R O B O Y S

Honestly I think Death Blow is better

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly I think Death Blow is better

Death Blow is better, but nowhere near the meme potential (which is the most important metric)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Nowi's default weapon has distant counter built-in

Yeah, I know she also had it in her A slot

I don't know if they stack or if I was being trolled but I got my rear end kicked

E : Actually, now that I think about it, I was so thrown off by the distant counter I don't know if she had a different weapon

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 28, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I have an Azura and a Takumi and I don't really know where Hector would slot in on most of my teams vs my buff Effie. So aside from merges/a better IV Takumi/mulching Hector for Distant Counter the only unit I actually care about is Ryoma but then I don't really even know if I want him more than Ike because the QR Ike build speaks to me.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Rolled a second Hector that's -HP/+Res. Better than that -Atk/+HP one. Ill feed the first to Zeph and go for armor emblem.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Pulled a Ryoma (+RES/-SPD), and Azura (+SPD/-ATK). Workable?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Pulled a Ryoma (+RES/-SPD), and Azura (+SPD/-ATK). Workable?
Don't know about Ryoma, but that Azura is fine. Sometimes she won't finish off a red unit with -ATK, but you just want to her to be singing all the time anyway, and she will still wall red units.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All Azuras are good, no matter the stats. Same with Olivia and Ninian.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

All Azuras are good, no matter the stats. Same with Olivia and Ninian.
Also this, yes. Even -SPD doesn't really matter, just keep her out of reach of anything that isn't red.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

getting a new 5* would be nice

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I already burnt all hundred of my orbs in the Ike banner to get a single 5* Ogma :barf:

2 orbs in stock. What a troll IS is turning out to be.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So what is better on Hector, Wary Fighter 3 from my spar Zeph, or Vantage 3?

I'm leaning Vantage because that annoys the poo poo out of me in arena.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Spent a bunch of money on orbs and got nothing but 3*s with the exception of a 4* Saizo.

Do not be me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You should be more like me, I constantly get 5* units I want with perfect IVs

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So what is better on Hector, Wary Fighter 3 from my spar Zeph, or Vantage 3?

I'm leaning Vantage because that annoys the poo poo out of me in arena.

Wary Fighter negates his weapon's effect, I wouldn't do that. Vantage is good, Wings of Mercy is fun. Make sure he has Pivot.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Andrast posted:

You should be more like me, I constantly get 5* units I want with perfect IVs

Disclaimer: Bank account is now empty.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
poured my last 13 orbs into the golden week banner. Got 5* Minerva. Gonna call it a win that I got any 5* at all and leave it at that.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i am physically incapable of getting focus units see: hana banner, effie banner x2, lucina banner

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Is it best to give the *breaker skills to a unit of the same color (I.e., give lancebreaker to a blue unit) or one with triangle advantage (giving green tomebreaker to a red unit)?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

big trivia FAIL posted:

Is it best to give the *breaker skills to a unit of the same color (I.e., give lancebreaker to a blue unit) or one with triangle advantage (giving green tomebreaker to a red unit)?

It really depends on the exact unit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

Disclaimer: Bank account is now empty.

I'm not spending money on a gacha game. I've just had amazing luck so far.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I also feel very lucky for not spending money on this game. 5* Marth, Linde, Nowi, Takumi, Sharena, Lyn, Roy, and Sheena. I consistently get 4600+ per week in the arena, and haven't had to deal with whales yet. I'm also Tier 13 in the arena but.. I mean, whatever. I'm here for anime boyfrans and anime princesses, so whatever.

I feel very fortunate to have a Takumi and also not use the Takumi. I'll be set when the permadeath thing comes around, I have a fuckton of replaceable sword lords to tank hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

big trivia FAIL posted:

The former, generally. Mentality goes that something like a blue mage can already kill red anything very nicely so you give it blue tome breaker and now it can kill the rest of the blue mages provided they don't whip out their own blue tomebreaker to cancel yours.

That doesn't necessarily mean these are the best skills for your B slots mind you, it's just a viable option.