Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gotta be careful with the vehicles, they're loud and their presence near an area they don't usually spawn is a big red flag that something is fucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Speaking of loud vehicles, they need to tone down the braking sound volume, it's freaking LOUD when I'm in the car, maybe they can just lower the volume for players in the vehicle and keep it loud for others.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Speaking of loud vehicles, they need to tone down the braking sound volume, it's freaking LOUD when I'm in the car, maybe they can just lower the volume for players in the vehicle and keep it loud for others.

have u heard soviet brakes, comrade? is loud.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Badfinger posted:

If you use headphones grab a modmic or something equivalent.

I use in ear buds... will the modmic just go over my ear or do I have to be wearing headphones?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

fyallm posted:

I use in ear buds... will the modmic just go over my ear or do I have to be wearing headphones?

A modmic on earbuds would be quit something. They have a little adhesive pad on them that you stick to the side of your headphones. I have one with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's and its amazing how much better it is than every ~gaming~ headset on the market.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Now the games been out a bit I'd be fun to see a heat-map of death locations, and maybe drop landing points. Another interesting thing would be a map showing the track of everybody from drop to the end (not for every game or anything, just a few example games).

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Got a win in solo duo and squad now. I think duo is typically my favorite way to play but if you can get a squad with no weak links it's fun as loving hell.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I bought a HyperX Cloud 2 and it is really nice. The mic unplugs from the cans and you can use them as headphones for regular 3.5mm devices. I replaced a broken pair of full over ear headphones with them though, so I always had planned on that size headphones.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Apprentice Dick posted:

I bought a HyperX Cloud 2 and it is really nice. The mic unplugs from the cans and you can use them as headphones for regular 3.5mm devices. I replaced a broken pair of full over ear headphones with them though, so I always had planned on that size headphones.

I have these both at home and work, they're fantastic imo.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

fyallm posted:

I dunno, I'm a rube who bought a decent pair of headphones and a standalone mic with a boom for streaming.

^^^ I do have a HyperX Cloud headset. They're super comfy, but I need open headphones to placate the need to hear the rest of the house.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This latest patch is hardlocking my computer. It freezes, and the only thing I can do is turn the computer off and on. :sigh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Badfinger posted:

I dunno, I'm a rube who bought a decent pair of headphones and a standalone mic with a boom for streaming.

^^^ I do have a HyperX Cloud headset. They're super comfy, but I need open headphones to placate the need to hear the rest of the house.

I got a snowball mic and it works great. I've been having a lot of problems with discord recently though. It will just stop transmitting for no reason. Extremely annoying, especially when steam friends is down and I can't tell.my partner my mic isn't working except to act like a jackass until he asks if I can speak and then I shake no.

It says my mic is present, my bind works fine, but it just won't work unless I quit and rejoin.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I got a snowball mic and it works great. I've been having a lot of problems with discord recently though. It will just stop transmitting for no reason. Extremely annoying, especially when steam friends is down and I can't tell.my partner my mic isn't working except to act like a jackass until he asks if I can speak and then I shake no.

It says my mic is present, my bind works fine, but it just won't work unless I quit and rejoin.

I've been having the same issue with discord. Wonder what about the game fucks with it so hard.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Discord servers get hit really fuckin hard from 7p-12a every day and they're still working on upgrading their servers last i heard

It's not PUBG messing with discord as much as it is all the people suddenly using discord after never using it on the reg. turn down your channels bitrate and it may help

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Discord servers get hit really fuckin hard from 7p-12a every day and they're still working on upgrading their servers last i heard

It's not PUBG messing with discord as much as it is all the people suddenly using discord after never using it on the reg

I hear my buddy just fine, it's something to do with the program itself I think. I don't hear the little sound when I hit my speak bind, leaving the mic open doesn't work either, only a restart of discord fixes it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I hear my buddy just fine, it's something to do with the program itself I think. I don't hear the little sound when I hit my speak bind, leaving the mic open doesn't work either, only a restart of discord fixes it.

Ohhhh i misunderstood that

make sure that your default audio devices are set properly because I noticed sometimes discord likes to try to switch between my camera source and my headset source

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS9Zz_tKZtQ

But why?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Server might have crapped out.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The incredibly sparse map is really kind of starting to get to me. I ended up with a really nice bit of equipment, made my way to the approximate centre of the circle, and of course it turned out that the entire inner third was basically a barren wasteland with only some sparse trees. So I had the choice between either hiding inside the only hunting shack within 200 meters in an excellent example for "how not to be seen", or huddle behind a random rock and hope to gently caress I'd spot whoever came from my exposed side before they could draw a bead on me. I didn't :saddowns:

If it was just a matter of making a bad call and getting poo poo on for it, that would be one thing. But pretty often I seem to end up in situations where there is no good call based on what I know at the time. I could have opted to stay near the circle edge and close in from the outside at the last second, but that would have been just as much of a crapshoot that could have seen me dead if even one guy happens to cover in my general direction.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Maybe someone used that teleporting hack that was posted in here a while back, i.e. connection issue -> you died -> you come back to that screen

Perestroika posted:

The incredibly sparse map is really kind of starting to get to me. I ended up with a really nice bit of equipment, made my way to the approximate centre of the circle, and of course it turned out that the entire inner third was basically a barren wasteland with only some sparse trees. So I had the choice between either hiding inside the only hunting shack within 200 meters in an excellent example for "how not to be seen", or huddle behind a random rock and hope to gently caress I'd spot whoever came from my exposed side before they could draw a bead on me. I didn't :saddowns:

If it was just a matter of making a bad call and getting poo poo on for it, that would be one thing. But pretty often I seem to end up in situations where there is no good call based on what I know at the time. I could have opted to stay near the circle edge and close in from the outside at the last second, but that would have been just as much of a crapshoot that could have seen me dead if even one guy happens to cover in my general direction.

Yea that's the game, there are sparse fields and dense forests. Don't forget about using your terrain as an advantage too. Most of your gripes can be remedied with good map/topographical knowledge and forward thinking. I'm not saying it's completely unavoidable. Can't expect every inch of the island to be like a CoD map.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Game is crashing way more for me now, three times this evening as opposed to never. :smith:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Perestroika posted:

The sparse map really bugs me too. There are places like the sunken city, power plant, and quite a few others that show off the level design team knows how to make areas with fun, interesting gameplay; but then 80% of the map is flat open fields with maybe 1-2 trees every 300m. Even this wouldn't be so bad if grass rendered past 50m.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I'm confused AF, is there custom servers or not? there are people in this thread talking about joining custom servers with passwords and poo poo, but as far as i know there is no server browser or option to play on custom servers?

also, does anyone notice any sound issues with headphones? i have the new Bose QC bluetooth headphones, and im starting to wonder if sound is getting messed up with headphones vs speakers. was in a game between two buildings and could hear somebody inside but could not tell from what direction at all, or what floor. i felt like it kept switching from in front of me to behind me so i kept doing frantic 180's looking for some body. i never heard even heard him leave the houses even though i'm in earshoot of both doors, was it a ghost? maybe it has something to do with sound settings in windows (surround sound, speakers, idk), or I'm an idiot

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I'm confused AF, is there custom servers or not? there are people in this thread talking about joining custom servers with passwords and poo poo, but as far as i know there is no server browser or option to play on custom servers?

Never used it myself, but when you go to start matchmaking there is an option for 'Custom Match' underneath 'Solo', 'Duo', 'Squad', etc.

They really need to work on the starting page/matchmaking as it is not very intuitive plus at least one person always forgets to queue up before each squad game.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

making GBS threads stars posted:

Never used it myself, but when you go to start matchmaking there is an option for 'Custom Match' underneath 'Solo', 'Duo', 'Squad', etc.

They really need to work on the starting page/matchmaking as it is not very intuitive plus at least one person always forgets to queue up before each squad game.

pressing it doesn't do anything for me (won't find servers)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

aniviron posted:

The sparse map really bugs me too. There are places like the sunken city, power plant, and quite a few others that show off the level design team knows how to make areas with fun, interesting gameplay; but then 80% of the map is flat open fields with maybe 1-2 trees every 300m. Even this wouldn't be so bad if grass rendered past 50m.

I'd love to see the map finish in a location that's not just a field or a hill. The ruins in particular would be rad.

making GBS threads stars posted:

It's loving bizarre that you can be in a group, close the game, and still be grouped up and your squad can't do anything to kick you. Then launch the game days later and somehow STILL be grouped up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Custom servers are basically for streamers to engage with their communities.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fyallm posted:

I travel alot and play on my gaming laptop, but my built in mic in my laptop is complete garbage in discord. Does anyone have a decent mic that is good for traveling?

I picked up one of these for $50 Canadian monopoly bucks. Logitech g430, and it does Dolby 7.1 and DTS headphone:x or whatever. I feel Dolby is a better sounding setup.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/pr...brand&cvokID=59|417776&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0IvIBRDF0Yzq4qGE4IwBEiQATMQlMbOdDapebISiUl79m656OpYjj2oZggYwdXyhC3WB2oIaAhDd8P8HAQ

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

I'd love to see the map finish in a location that's not just a field or a hill. The ruins in particular would be rad.

I've had a few squad and duo games that ended in the ruins and they were so much more fun than the empty field shitfests we usually finish with.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Custom servers are basically for streamers to engage with their communities.

They currently exist to make a whole bunch of streamers worthless to watch because they're playing loving clownshoes modes. :colbert:

Right now it's restricted entirely to a select few people (streamers) and those they let on. Custom matches don't exist for the rest of us atm.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'll admit, I've found myself needing to work out just what kind of terrain is advantageous to hold just because the game has forced me to march through some really bad, open fields in my quest to not die outside of play zone like a chump.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

jonathan posted:

I picked up one of these for $50 Canadian monopoly bucks. Logitech g430, and it does Dolby 7.1 and DTS headphone:x or whatever. I feel Dolby is a better sounding setup.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/pr...brand&cvokID=59|417776&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0IvIBRDF0Yzq4qGE4IwBEiQATMQlMbOdDapebISiUl79m656OpYjj2oZggYwdXyhC3WB2oIaAhDd8P8HAQ

I have this, is good.

The surround sound stuff did some fuckery with Shadowplay (echoy sounds in my recordings) but other than that it's a great set

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Futuresight posted:

They currently exist to make a whole bunch of streamers worthless to watch because they're playing loving clownshoes modes. :colbert:

Watched some clownshoes hijinks on Anthony Kongphan's stream. They were cool and good. Robin Hood mode (*) 4 lyfe

Actually I wouldn't watch more than few rounds of that stuff, but that is all he did and it was funny so it was ok.

*- iirc: no guns, tons of crossbows, melee, grenades, healing items, and fast zone timers. It ended with a large number of people forced into smaller and smaller circles desperately trying to land frying pan shots

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

*opens up video*
*sees you trying to shoot at someone 100+ meters away with a vector + holographic sight*
*closes video*
I have no idea what happens but you deserved it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

*opens up video*
*sees you trying to shoot at someone 100+ meters away with a vector + holographic sight*
*closes video*

the actual thing is funnier

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
ok someone tell me how to get good at the shooting in this game because I range from pretty-decent to good on most shooters but for some reason cannot hit poo poo here. Primarily with scoped in guns.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
The reason I am asking for a stand alone mic is because my laptop has 2 separate female connectors for headphones and microphone and I bought one of those 1 to 2 connectors and it seemed to make everything be worse, sound and mic.

I guess I will just buy a boomstick and hope it doesn't snap in my carry on bag

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

ok someone tell me how to get good at the shooting in this game because I range from pretty-decent to good on most shooters but for some reason cannot hit poo poo here. Primarily with scoped in guns.

Make sure you're zeroing in for whatever range you're engaging in.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

*opens up video*
*closes video*

the vector is the highest range smg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Party Plane Jones posted:

Make sure you're zeroing in for whatever range you're engaging in.

I am a proud american and refuse to learn how to gauge metric distances by sight.

• Locked thread