Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
my current favorite for 'Rider who has stepped up to be a mentor' is Shinnosuke and I hope they keep relying on him to show up during movies and be the Older, Experienced guy helping out the newbies with wise advice while also being able to throw down if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
There's no toku merch up yet but p Bandai just launched a us site so we're all loving doomed

John McClane fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 28, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Saban has registered new trademarks for both VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Beetleborgs movie when?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Who plays the new Flabber?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Keegan Michael Key

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They might actually be able to cast Jay Leno for it this time around

Or his ghost

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

So Saban has registered new trademarks for both VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Beetleborgs movie when?
What's the likelihood that they're just making sure they don't lose it?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
They're probably just releasing DVDs sets or something.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cernunnos posted:

They're probably just releasing DVDs sets or something.

Already exist

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Oh my god, making a new VR Troopers movie that reflects the current internet trends more than the Power Ranger movie would just... I don't even know. I don't think anyone's ready.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On one hand

It would mean new Metalder footage

On the other hand

It would mean new Metalder footage

That is a dangerous idea

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've been saying this for a while now, but an American-Adapted-Tokusatsu-Cinematic Universe would be the dopest, dumbest thing ever.

Imagine, just contemplate, a film, that's The Avengers except every member is a whole roster. The SabanCU's Captain America would have to be the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Real talk I am the biggest fan of Metalder in the goddamn world.

I don't think anyone will find a bigger fan of Metalder.

I don't think I could deal with a Hollywood movie so completely missing the point of Metalder.

Metalder is just the most fun thing in the goddamn world. Why have MOTW when you can just have all of the monsters of the entire series in the first goddamn episode and develop them as characters? Until they're tragically killed that is.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The SabanCU's Captain America would have to be the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog

Masked Rider, motherfucker.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Craptacular! posted:

Masked Rider, motherfucker.
I thought you wanted the Marvel cinematic universe, not the DC one

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PMush Perfect posted:

I thought you wanted the Marvel cinematic universe, not the DC one
Tell that to Zordon's cracked tube. :argh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hey, Lucky finally got a decent amount of focus in an episode. I'm really liking Ikagen, he's a good villain.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
this episode of Kyuuranger just further gives me evidence backing my theory that Lucky is 'The World's Luckiest person' in that he is always Very Lucky, but it's both bad and good and he oscillates between them.

like if everyone else has a wave graph that's goes up and down around 'normal' for their Luck, his is this hugely swinging thing that is either always at the top or always at the bottom.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm not watching Kyuranger sadly, but before it ends I want to see some sort of reversal-of-fortune monster who reverses the polarity of Lucky's luck, so that he spends an episode with Very Bad Luck. It's such an "early seasons Power Rangers" style idea yet the character's template just begs for it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
That's literally the current arc

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I remember loving the hell out of VR Troopers when I was little, but I don't remember a single thing about it. Though I do remember Beetle Borgs had Jay Leno for some strange reason.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Craptacular! posted:

I'm not watching Kyuranger sadly, but before it ends I want to see some sort of reversal-of-fortune monster who reverses the polarity of Lucky's luck, so that he spends an episode with Very Bad Luck. It's such an "early seasons Power Rangers" style idea yet the character's template just begs for it.

That's literally what's happening right now. He got a bad horoscope and now he's beefing everything real bad and his chair broke like the second he heard it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

jivjov posted:

That's literally the current arc

Glad to see I can still write this poo poo. (I mean that in a nice way.)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Fighting a guy who can see into the future and has an eternally re-spawning sidekick doesn't help much!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I remember loving the hell out of VR Troopers when I was little, but I don't remember a single thing about it. Though I do remember Beetle Borgs had Jay Leno for some strange reason.

VR Troopers is a very interesting mess of editing due to being made of several different shows at once(like you though MMPR's second and third seasons had some weird editing, it's nothing compared to VR Troopers)

As for Beetleborgs, the reason it's so weird in terms of its basic premise is that Saban wanted another hero show and decided to combine it with an earlier show concept(a non Toku adaptation related one) he had that fell through(it's why there's that weird mansion set they use several times in Season 2 of MMPR)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

VR Troopers is a very interesting mess of editing due to being made of several different shows at once(like you though MMPR's second and third seasons had some weird editing, it's nothing compared to VR Troopers)

As for Beetleborgs, the reason it's so weird in terms of its basic premise is that Saban wanted another hero show and decided to combine it with an earlier show concept(a non Toku adaptation related one) he had that fell through(it's why there's that weird mansion set they use several times in Season 2 of MMPR)

Is that why they barely used the B-Fighter footage they had and instead replaced it with their own? In fact, I believe one of the people who worked on it said they originally planned to continue the show after Metallix without any Japanese footage at all but that ended up falling through (probably due to budget as this was probably one of the more costly shows Saban produced since, like I mentioned, about 85% of a given episode was completly original footage).

Despite it's goofy as gently caress premise I actually really liked Beetleborgs to be honest (though it had it's fair share of problems too), it's Metal Hero counterparts are pretty good too but unfortunately nobody's subbed more than a handful of episodes (I don't think B-Fighter Kabuto has been touched at all).

VR Troopers, on the other hand, had an interesting premise but wasted it in favor of more filler and lack of many available suits for American footage (In fact, there were supposed to be 10 more episodes in Season 2 that we never got as the show was cancelled before they even had a chance to film any of them). I don't think it's the worst adaption Saban's ever done though (Masked Rider still holds that particular spot for me, though Operation Overdrive and Super Megaforce are close behind).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 29, 2017

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
who is going to give us b-fighter subs? are there even raws of it out there?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

mikeycp posted:

Yes.

...Assuming this is the show you're thinking of.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mikeycp posted:

There are if you look around hard enough. I think the first three episodes got subbed a while back but I forget who did them and if they're even still around.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Larryb posted:

There are if you look around hard enough. I think the first three episodes got subbed a while back but I forget who did them and if they're even still around.

By hard enough you mean at Bunny Hats site, they have DVDs of most of the big toku shows that don't have official releases in the west

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
one day i will get to watch metal bug fights

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Unless Shout Factory eventually starts releasing DVDs of those series maybe Toei should just start putting some Kamen Rider and/or Metal Hero shows up on Crunchyroll like Tsuburaya is doing with Ultraman (I kind of doubt it'll happen any time soon though and Kamen Rider might be a little trickier seeing as Toei doesn't fully own the rights to it).

They did do an official English sub of the first season of Akibaranger a while back but for some reason it was never made available in the US.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 29, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man

I do not understand how Zebraman 2 got to be the nightmare that it is.

I just don't get it. They had everything they needed for a really good movie- Zebraman is not a movie that needs or requires a sequel, but this was the best possible way to really pursue it.

How did they gently caress it up so much

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Burkion posted:

Man

I do not understand how Zebraman 2 got to be the nightmare that it is.

I just don't get it. They had everything they needed for a really good movie- Zebraman is not a movie that needs or requires a sequel, but this was the best possible way to really pursue it.

How did they gently caress it up so much

Takashi Miike is an insanely inconsistent director which I guess is understandable when you make a dozen movies a year

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

mikeycp posted:

I think MegaBeast Empire are working on it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

KITSubs is back. I know some other group dumped off the whole series a bit back but KIT's releases are really good so

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Greekonomics posted:

Not currently, unless it's just something they haven't released yet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Greekonomics posted:

That's good news if true (and while we're at it some Gridman and Spielban subs would be nice as well).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

KITSubs is back. I know some other group dumped off the whole series a bit back but KIT's releases are really good so

The other group is really good to be fair.

They keep some honorifics but otherwise it's solid. I've up to 21 and haven't noticed any errors or mistranslations.

I'd recommend doing the Metalder method- replace the Very Good subs with the Better Subs as you can, but don't sweat it too much.

For the record HK Metalder subs are the best HK subs I've ever seen. No joke. They're legit. I some times forget they are HK subs

Also just

Zebraman is one of my favorite super hero movies, period. Just, really goddamn good movie. Zebraman 2...I don't know why we needed two extended music videos in the thing, or why any of it happened at all. They didn't even get the Yin Yang thing right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Not currently, unless it's just something they haven't released yet

It's probably still early, but I remember that one member posted in progress images of it on his Twitter.

• Locked thread