Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Yardbomb posted:

I want some of Locus, guy seems neat.

There's already a book about his backstory. It's called The Disaster Artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Woops :v:

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Gildiss posted:

Why do we still watch this?

I was gonna make a pithy post about how this makes the animation in the new mass effect look good, but im not sure if it's worse or not.

Still poo poo not watching rip lata

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm watching this weeks episode and it occurs to me that I might be misremembering the order of events so maybe Berserker armour is later on but it'll still be this season.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
New chapter.

The captain's a cool dude.

A good bit of character development exposition, looks like this is going to be the turning point we all expect. Also, 10 monsters in the dream this time.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Man, it really, really cannot be overstated how incredibly good Berserk's art is, gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They had the sense to animate the gift scene where the cloak, dagger etc are handed over in full 2D. Though it wasn't that well drawn, it was better.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Man, it really, really cannot be overstated how incredibly good Berserk's art is, gently caress.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Seriously, it blows my mind every time there's a new chapter. He's still improving after doing this for thirty years.

Nice to see the mustache knight enjoying himself, even if he still won't remove his helmet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of the drawings of Guts are a little off model imo but as a whole, this entire chapter is gorgeous.

Really great chapter for story too.

included poster, i think

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 28, 2017

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Some of the drawings of Guts are a little off model imo but as a whole, this entire chapter is gorgeous.

I think Guts is just supposed to look really weird now. If you compare present him to past him, the past one looks way more like I feel like Guts "should" look, but present him is drawn pretty consistently.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I think Guts is just supposed to look really weird now. If you compare present him to past him, the past one looks way more like I feel like Guts "should" look, but present him is drawn pretty consistently.

I've always taken it as a sign of how the armor -and really, everything that's happened - has changed him. He looks stranger now. Almost like he's less human.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I've always taken it as a sign of how the armor -and really, everything that's happened - has changed him. He looks stranger now. Almost like he's less human.

Yeah, the flashbacks really clinched it. It isn't just a result of Miura's style changing, like how Araki can't draw his own old characters, but a conscious decision to make him look different.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Seafood posted:

You know, I hadn't really thought about it before, but those cloakbats probably represent Femto.

I recognized the wing shape as being his cape pretty much immediately when the spoilers were posted last chapter. I was surprised no one pointed it out back then.

Edit: Oh hey, the wheel of fire is back. Neat. Also, male bonding over suicidal and homicidal tendencies. How sweet.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah, I think this might be the case.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

They had the sense to animate the gift scene where the cloak, dagger etc are handed over in full 2D. Though it wasn't that well drawn, it was better.
And also naked Casca. Much more important than animating fight scenes well. :pseudo:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So if this is what Dog-Gut's has been doing this whole time I wonder if that doll used to look a lot more broken at some point.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh hey, new thread title.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The online reader has been updated with the revised script. If you've already read it, nothing of substance has changed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couldn't help but play this when they started talking about "a bonfire of dreams..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

:unsmith:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So if this is what Dog-Gut's has been doing this whole time I wonder if that doll used to look a lot more broken at some point.

I assume. Guts is the one who has been pulling the partially unwilling Caska back from her shattering experience...

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Hell of an update! Old (young) Guts!

Nate RFB posted:

Couldn't help but play this when they started talking about "a bonfire of dreams..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

:unsmith:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I guess I now gotta ask if Caska has gotten better or worse as time went on depending on how much those little bat things have kept the dog from doing its job.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Crabtree posted:

I guess I now gotta ask if Caska has gotten better or worse as time went on depending on how much those little bat things have kept the dog from doing its job.

It seems to me like the Gutsdog has been slowly piecing her back together after she was shattered in the eclipse. Schierke and Farnese are there to help a process that has already been happening, just very slowly. It's a nice metaphor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to give Guts dog a belly rub and support him forever and ever and help him find Casca dog so they can have a loving happy life together after he finishes his duty

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

I want to give Guts dog a belly rub and support him forever and ever and help him find Casca dog so they can have a loving happy life together after he finishes his duty

I don't think there is a happy ending for either of them in this story.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

I don't think there is a happy ending for either of them in this story.

Miura said he doesn't think he could end this all on a downer so I trust the system :unsmith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guts, Casca and everyone on his squad will have an happy ending!!!!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm betting on bitter-sweet or never.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Guts, Casca and everyone on his squad will have an happy ending!!!!

Berserk sunshine ver.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Question: Why are the winged creatures trying to prevent them from reaching the Eclipse?

The resolution depends on the definition of 'happy'. Casca will want to "save Griffith" because he's maybe half her child now or something, and because Griffith still has feelings. She'll come back from all of this standing at the wagon, "I can't leave go with you because I have to stay with Griffith and help him recover", and Guts will droop ever so slightly and admit that her path lies with Puck. Moments later she'll use the Behelit to get to Griffith. There will be some fight with the Godhand where Griffith takes them all down while protecting Casca, and then he will self release/merge all the good parts back into the body of the child. At this point, it gets a bit more fuzzy... either Griffith will be fully saved and the last panel will be the three of them there, Griffith's mighty hair gleaming for all to see, or Guts and Casca will be a father and mother with Griffith again reincarnated as the child (probably with some evil gleam in his eye) (and they'll get a dog and name it Pippin). (There's some :razz: in this paragraph.)

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Question: Why are the winged creatures trying to prevent them from reaching the Eclipse?

They're not, specifically. They're just loving poo poo up to gently caress poo poo up, because they're representative of the Band of the Falcon (which in turn is an extension of Griffith), the root of all of Casca's and Guts' woes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How it looked to us

What it was to her

Funny little panel turned out super important and I love it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That's so cool.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

How it looked to us

What it was to her

This is a, what, 20 year old call back? Quite an fun thing to call back seemingly minor memories like that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

How it looked to us

What it was to her

Miura is cool as gently caress

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

How it looked to us

What it was to her

this is a very cool and good post

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Everyone should also keep in mind that the dog is not literally Guts or a dog or anything really. These are all metaphors for Caska's internal state. The winged demon things are whatever parts of her mind that don't want to accept what happened and wants to sit in a semi catatonic state forever. The fact that they're cast as demons rather than say, members of the band of hawk, indicates at some level she knows it's not the right choice.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

How it looked to us

What it was to her

I continue to be amazed how the storytelling in Berserk is just pro as gently caress.
This comic is just the embodiment of meticulously crafted, down to every facet of its being

Makes me hopeful Miura knew decades in advance how incredibly important this sequence is, and how it's all gonna conclude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

They likely are just damage continuing on, but I wouldn't put it pass Mirua to also pull out a "Caska still doesn't want to admit Griffith did what he did to her" and the perpetual madness has a purpose as a defense mechanism of Caska. Especially with how Mirua keeps bringing up that skull knight quote of "What you wish for may not be what she wants".