Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Started a goon lobby with 150cc and everything standard, no limit on races, etc.
1602-1016-5291

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Kashuno posted:

D E A D C O N S O L E

Someone needs to make a gang tag with this text under it and a picture of a flaming Switch on top

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

pixaal posted:

I'm lazy and want to not drive my car. If I get a game a few days late no big deal I have plenty in my backlog anyway. The discount it nice but the real perk is not having to get off my rear end. As much as digital is fun, it's nice to have a giant stack of games by the end of a consoles life. It's also nice to lend a game to a friend. By end of console life I'm deleting digital titles left and right trying to make room if I go all digital.

hmmm, yes.. so your'e fat and don't like to move a lot, got it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Crossposting from the MK8 thread:

This is the chat I just had with an Amazon Customer Support Representative. They just outright lie to you. It's ridiculous. Check it out:

Amazon Customer Support Chat posted:

Me: My order was promised to be delivered on release day (Today, 4/28/17). Now it is showing that it will not arrive until Wednesday 5/3/17. I pay to be an Amazon Prime member, and this is the second time in two months an item I pre-ordered in advance did not show up when it was promised.

You are now connected to Mikko from Amazon.com

Mikko: Hello, my name is Mikko. I'm here to help you today.
Thank you for being a Prime member.
I'm sorry that you haven't received your package yet.
Nothing to worry, I'd be happy t​o lo​ok into this for you and see what we can do.
Just to confirm, the Item is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch, right?

Me: That is correct

Mikko: Alright.
May I have the shipping address?

Me: [redacted]
Mikko: Thank you so much.
Upon checking that everything is set and okay that your delivery for the Item is Friday, April 28, 2017.
Since our delivery time is until 8 pm today.
You can expect the delivery today.
I know the Item is very important to you so, I will as well make a follow up so I can monitor your package on your behalf.

Me: Updated Delivery Estimate: May 3, 2017
is what is shows under my order on your website
The item has not shipped, there's no possible way I will have it in the next 4 hours
I was promised the same thing on my last pre-order and it not show up on time
did not*

Mikko: No need to worry, to make sure. I'll go ahead and contact the carrier for you.

Me: Thank you'

Mikko: Give me 1-2 minutes to contact the carrier, Ryan.

Me: Sure thing

Mikko: Thank you for waiting.
There you go, I've confirmed that the carrier is on Its way to deliver to you today as your estimated delivery date of Friday, April 28, 2017.

Me: I'm confused

Mikko: I am sorry that you received a wrong update for the delivery. I am sorry for the confusion of delivery date.

Me: So when I'm looking at my order on Amazon.com and it says "Expected to ship May 1st" and "Arriving Wednesday", that's incorrect?

Mikko: Yes. It seems that there's an error for the system.
No need to worry.

Me: Ok, I will keep a copy of our conversation just in case. Thank you for your time

There's no loving way this is getting delivered today. I get that not every business will execute everything flawlessly, and shipments are bound to arrive late. Just be honest about it, poo poo happens. Don't loving lie to my face.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Looks like he lied to you by chat and no face was involved.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I just got MK8 and it feels really good. The last Mario Kart I got really into was MKDS and while I'm going to miss snaking with these new drift mechanics it's worth being able to play online without 19 out of 20 races ending with everyone disconnecting after lap 1 because someone is going fast.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mario Kart 8 shipments being waylaid by a mysterious blue shell while posters race to get the game.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Louisgod posted:

hmmm, yes.. so your'e fat and don't like to move a lot, got it.

perhaps youd be kinder if he was dried and salted?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

RCarr posted:

This is the chat I just had with an Amazon Customer Support Representative. They just outright lie to you. It's ridiculous. Check it out:

There's no loving way this is getting delivered today. I get that not every business will execute everything flawlessly, and shipments are bound to arrive late. Just be honest about it, poo poo happens. Don't loving lie to my face.

Same poo poo happened to me. This morning the delivery date was bumped to tomorrow when I won't be in town anymore. I immediately cancelled though and bought it at a brick and mortar. On the tracking it says it was halfway to my town but I didn't want to risk it.

What bugs me about this stuff is Amazon changes the dates and unless you kept the original confirmation email there's no evidence they ever promised you the original date.

Normally Amazon does a great job but this isn't the first time I've had to deal with this crap. I ordered a TV, to be delivered the day before I was going out of town. When it gets delayed I make a complaint, then I change my travel plans so I can be home to receive it and the customer service guy tells me he cancelled the order, without my permission which I pointed out to him, and they would refund me in a week or so.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I spend over 35k a year at Amazon and I had to go through 3 different reps just to get a free month of prime after their Lazer shipper threw my mk8 in the bushes this morning.

It's none of my business, but what the hell are buying 35k of from Amazon?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Meridian posted:

Maybe he has a company? I know some IT guys will also buy company poo poo on their own card and then invoice the company for it so they get a lot of points or whatever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Meridian posted:

He's likely getting everything. If you eat mostly tinned stuff you could do your food shopping on there. I don't spend near that but I have mixed nuts, toilet paper paper towels, sardines, cleaning supplies, toothpaste and a few other things come every 1-3 automatically at a discount. It's just really nice to not have to worry about buying the normal stuff and worry about what do I want for dinner this week when I go to the store.

Even if I did 100% of my shopping on Amazon I don't think I'd hit 35k though. car, rent and school loans takes up too much of my paycheck.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Your main expense being Amazon purchases isn't really that much of a stretch if you live in an area where Walmart is the only physical store still open within driving distance. I don't hit 35K but that doesn't seem outrageous for someone with a family/children.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
saying "I spend 35k" at Amazon means literally nothing you are worth less to them than the time they spend taking a piss.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

I haven't contacted Amazon about it yet, will wait until tomorrow since I am not going to have time to play tonight anyways. But my order status still says:

Arriving today by 8 PM
Shipping today

Doubt that is going to happen, but maybe they are loading up a cargo van at the nearest DC with copies of MK8 to bring to all the good boys and girls later today.

edit: Remember to have this link handy for your free month of Prime if they miss your promised date:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117450

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We can't fit all these carts in the karts, bowser you're off shipping duty, we can fit carts in Boo.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Louisgod posted:

lol that people still keep buying release day games over Amazon and expecting to actually get it on release day.

Just loving find a friend that has a Best Buy Gamers Club card and get 20% that way, jesus christ

Supporting Bestbuy over Amazon is hilarious. I've been ordering all my physical games from Amazon for the past 4-5 years and have never had one late. Obviously they hosed something up with Mario Kart... just cancel the order and go pick it up at a Gamestop/Walmart or something.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Supporting Bestbuy over Amazon is hilarious. I've been ordering all my physical games from Amazon for the past 4-5 years and have never had one late. Obviously they hosed something up with Mario Kart... just cancel the order and go pick it up at a Gamestop/Walmart or something.

Yea I've been doing it for years and the only two times they've been late were with my Switch and now with MK8. I'd just appreciate not being lied to, it's just going to piss me off more when the item doesn't show up on time.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I haven't played Mario Kart since the regular Wii version. Man this is crazy fun, especially with online play.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Phantasium posted:

Mario Kart 8 shipments being waylaid by a mysterious blue shell while posters race to get the game.

That's Mario Kart, baby!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nephzinho posted:

Started a goon lobby with 150cc and everything standard, no limit on races, etc.
1602-1016-5291

This should be added into the op. These are the best settings for a goon room.

katkillad2 posted:

Last time I tried to buy something from Best Buy, I got home and realized they sold me a re-sealed used pro control at full price and it was missing the charge cable. After I returned it I decided not to shop at Best Buy anymore.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I'm the only one here!!!!!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Great, my Switch doesn't recognize SD cards.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Meridian posted:

SDXC? did you do a firmware update after it was inserted?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My interaction with Amazon went much better.

Me: I want a promotional discount to buy MK8D digitally since shipping is being delayed so long.

Rep: Let me check on that. So you want to cancel and buy the digital version?

Me: Yes, but I don't want to lose the 20% discount.

Rep: I understand, let me process this.

*few minutes later*

Rep: Order is cancelled and you have an $11.68 credit on your account.

All told, took about 10 minutes of chat on the Amazon phone app.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Match making on racing is kind of hosed up, every game always has someone whose clearly played for awhile since they know all the right boost routes and short cuts and it sucks for a newbie like me who wants to play against other lovely people.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Match making on racing is kind of hosed up, every game always has someone whose clearly played for awhile since they know all the right boost routes and short cuts and it sucks for a newbie like me who wants to play against other lovely people.

I had the opposite experience, people from 900-1300 all playing hard and living laughing and loving right down the track! No clear winners and it was a sweet time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How do we play 150cc and 200cc in matchmaking? I remember it was rank based in Wii U but there was also a custom option to immediately get in those.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Friend Code is SW-0400-9458-8806. Add me for Mario Karting and Puyo Puyo Tetrising goons!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

matchmaking is kind of nonexistent, it seems. i've played with people with scores down in the 900s to people up near 2000 in one match. i have no idea how it's possible to be so good at mario kart, i've been in lobbies with people who consistent get and manage to keep first place.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Feenix posted:

SDXC? did you do a firmware update after it was inserted?

I did, then it still isn't recognizing that there is one inserted. Have tried two, both of which work in other devices.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Join that goon tournament folks

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Spacebump posted:

Last time I tried to buy something from Best Buy, I got home and realized they sold me a re-sealed used pro control at full price and it was missing the charge cable. After I returned it I decided not to shop at Best Buy anymore.

They are the king of keeping open pre-orders for limited items way longer than they have an allotment for and then telling you the day before release you are hosed.

Like, the only reason I still appreciate Bestbuy exists is because when they finally go under I'm sure Amazon will stop doing their 20% discount.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are there multiple variations to boosting off the line or does a motorcycle chassis kits have way more accel? We both boosted but the guy in the bike shot ahead.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress you Daniel you're too good

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
My MK8 from Amazon is apparently waiting for me at home. I preordered within minutes of it going up though, so maybe that's why?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Meridian posted:

What brand microSD? Capacity? Is it labeled SDHC, XC, or just plain SD? Did you power down first, insert the microSD, then power on?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

C-SPAN Caller posted:

gently caress you Daniel you're too good

First goon race and I have a blue shell and 3 reds in a row. Never change Mario Kart

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone else having Mario kart online issues, I had to attempt 3 times before I got into a game, once in I had a blast then in the lobby waiting for the fourth game, some players disappeared, then a couple more, then everyone else and I was left alone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Binary Badger posted:

What brand microSD? Capacity? Is it labeled SDHC, XC, or just plain SD? Did you power down first, insert the microSD, then power on?

SDXC. Called support, ran through all their troubleshooting steps which I had already done prior to calling them. Going to have to send it in.

• Locked thread